Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Romeo Delight
    Last Online

05.17.16 @ 01:27 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Default Wolf with Tremonti

Anyone know if Wolf is re-joining the Tremonti tour once the USA tour is over?

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 06:50 AM
    Liked 1,961 Times in 984 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vhuk_since1984 View Post
    I don't know, but I'm hoping once the tour is finished he will wrap up whatever is left to do on his solo album. I look forward to hearing that far more.

3. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

A few of Daves, a few of Sams!
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 03:31 PM
    Liked 6,971 Times in 5,007 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCh5150 View Post
    I don't know, but I'm hoping once the tour is finished he will wrap up whatever is left to do on his solo album. I look forward to hearing that far more.
    Agreed.
    Tremonti will be fine without him. I want to hear Wolf's new album sooner than later, as well as whatever comes from that, and how it affects VH.
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - a very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:50 AM
    Liked 1,482 Times in 904 Posts

Looking forward to hearing the solo album!!
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Eruption
    Favorite VH Song

Secrets
    Last Online

11.01.17 @ 03:25 PM
    Liked 607 Times in 299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RRvh1 View Post
    Agreed.
    Tremonti will be fine without him. I want to hear Wolf's new album sooner than later, as well as whatever comes from that, and how it affects VH.
    me thinks wolfgang's solo album could be the final nail for what we know as Van Halen. I don't think it even has to be a big seller (cause in this day and age it won't be.) Think about it, if there's a way for Ed, Wolfgang and Al to go out as a trio without Dave I think they'd do it. And Wolfgang's album might give them the opportunity to do that. I guess I'm curious to see how involved Ed is on the album. As well as Al. I'd be shocked to find Al not on it at all. I guess the question is: is Wolfgang singing on this album?
    A new short film I made, please like/follow:
    http://facebook.com/umbrellashortfilm

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Women Down
    Favorite VH Song

How Now Brown Sound
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:31 AM
    Liked 342 Times in 192 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hide Your Sheep View Post
    me thinks wolfgang's solo album could be the final nail for what we know as Van Halen. I don't think it even has to be a big seller (cause in this day and age it won't be.) Think about it, if there's a way for Ed, Wolfgang and Al to go out as a trio without Dave I think they'd do it. And Wolfgang's album might give them the opportunity to do that. I guess I'm curious to see how involved Ed is on the album. As well as Al. I'd be shocked to find Al not on it at all. I guess the question is: is Wolfgang singing on this album?
    If I remember right, Wolf is working with another musician/singer who stole my user name - haha - 'E-roc'.

I got here first...

I'm more curious about this project than Tremonti also. Not sure wat we're going to get, but Ed says melodic hard rock a la ACDC with some other elements.
    Last edited by E-roc; 09.11.15 at 12:00 AM.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 08:57 AM
    Liked 2,658 Times in 1,331 Posts

I guess I'm more cynical. Looking back, the last 8 years since the reunion has seemed like nothing more than just a set of virtual training wheels for Wolfgang. Once his solo album comes out I think Eddie is going to consider him "graduated" and go back full into hermit mode, where he'd rather be.

9. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Women And Children First
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

07.25.17 @ 10:53 PM
    Liked 314 Times in 157 Posts

Wolf needs to join Tremonti full time and Ed needs to cut the umbilical cord already.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little guitars
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 02:39 PM
    Liked 1,151 Times in 516 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vhuk_since1984 View Post
    Don't know but

http://loudwire.com/tremonti-tanner-...uring-bassist/

Eruption
    Favorite VH Song

Secrets
    Last Online

11.01.17 @ 03:25 PM
    Liked 607 Times in 299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by snowdog View Post
    I guess I'm more cynical. Looking back, the last 8 years since the reunion has seemed like nothing more than just a set of virtual training wheels for Wolfgang. Once his solo album comes out I think Eddie is going to consider him "graduated" and go back full into hermit mode, where he'd rather be.
    yeah who knows.... i could see that happening too. With Ed popping up out of "hibernation" occasionally to play with Wolfgang if he's on a solo tour. I think there's one thing that's for sure once Wolfgang releases a solo record the only way VH will continue is if he wants VH to continue. He's the driving force these days it seems for what VH is gonna do. Weird but true.
    Last edited by Hide Your Sheep; 09.11.15 at 11:17 AM.
    A new short film I made, please like/follow:
    http://facebook.com/umbrellashortfilm

13. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 05:11 AM
    Liked 648 Times in 358 Posts

yeah who knows.... i could see that happening too. With Ed popping up out of "hibernation" occasionally to play with Wolfgang if he's on a solo tour. I think there's one thing that's for sure once Wolfgang releases a solo record the only way VH will continue is if he wants VH to continue. He's the driving force these days it seems for what VH is gonna do. Weird but true.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Wolf will want VH to be a going concern, and at least one more tour and maybe an album to come. Outside of us hardcore VH fans, who really knows Wolf or is likely to buy his album or see his show? Very few I'd say. These days it's all hip hop and Taylor Swift / Nicki Minaj pop. If Wolf's solo stuff is melodic hard rock as mentioned above, I don't really see that crossing into the mainstream. Wolf is going to have to play small club shows and open for other bands to build his own fanbase. After playing for 10K at VH shows where the fans know every word, is he going to want to play for a couple hundred in a club where they don't? I can certainly see him alternating solo stuff with VH, at least for a few years until he's built his own fan base. I said in another thread somewhere, the best thing for Wolf would be to do a 30-40 minute opening set at a VH show. Then you're going to get 10000 people head home after the show, jump on iTunes and buy his album (assuming that he is as good as Ed says and does blow the crowd away).

15. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Women Down
    Favorite VH Song

How Now Brown Sound
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:31 AM
    Liked 342 Times in 192 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cfimages View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Wolf will want VH to be a going concern, and at least one more tour and maybe an album to come. Outside of us hardcore VH fans, who really knows Wolf or is likely to buy his album or see his show? Very few I'd say. These days it's all hip hop and Taylor Swift / Nicki Minaj pop. If Wolf's solo stuff is melodic hard rock as mentioned above, I don't really see that crossing into the mainstream. Wolf is going to have to play small club shows and open for other bands to build his own fanbase. After playing for 10K at VH shows where the fans know every word, is he going to want to play for a couple hundred in a club where they don't? I can certainly see him alternating solo stuff with VH, at least for a few years until he's built his own fan base. I said in another thread somewhere, the best thing for Wolf would be to do a 30-40 minute opening set at a VH show. Then you're going to get 10000 people head home after the show, jump on iTunes and buy his album (assuming that he is as good as Ed says and does blow the crowd away).
    Agree with everything other than the idea of playing small clubs as being a disincentive. He's young, not hurting for cash, and the prospect of having to prove it on your own may be its own reward.
    Playing your own music for people that are there to see you is satisfying in and of itself whether is 10 people or 10,000. At least I think so. And he seems to be in it for the right reasons, so who knows... I think it would be good for him.

17. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Whoa, this is heavy! Jedi McFly's Avatar
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 07:22 PM
    Liked 2,858 Times in 1,069 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Wolf is used to playing in smaller clubs with Tremonti. And his other musician friends all play in similar sized venues. He'll probably go out on co-headlining tours like the one Tremonti is currently on with Trivium and end up having a blast traveling the country with his friends.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 05:11 AM
    Liked 648 Times in 358 Posts

I do really hope he does take it to the clubs and build his own following. I just wonder though, after playing to thousands with VH, or even shows with Tremonti, does he have the hunger to really try and make it himself. I hope so, because I think he's got a lot of potential.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

05.17.16 @ 01:27 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Any more update on whether Wolf touring UK? It would be one member of VH to get across the pond!