Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

MTV responds.........

A group of rock dinosaurs might be perfect for the soundtrack of a future "Jurassic Park" film, but "Spider-Man"?

Sammy Hagar and his former bassplaying bandmate in Van Halen, Michael Anthony, have joined forces with Journey guitarist Neil Schon and drummer Deen Castronovo and recorded a track titled "Vertigo" which may be included in the "Spider-Man" soundtrack and movie, an executive close to the project said.

The yet-to-be-named band submitted the song for cinematic consideration at the request of John Kalodner, the senior vice president of A&R at Columbia Records, the source said. The soundtrack is scheduled for release on May 3.

"Vertigo" is one of two songs the band has recorded so far, with the second being "Peeping Through a Hole."

The quartet was initially going to be a quintet with ex-Guns N' Roses guitarist Slash, but when the bandmembers entered the studio last week to record, he was unable to join them. Demos of the two completed tunes will be delivered to Slash's manager on Monday, and if the ex-Gunner is inspired, he'll join the old-timers to record a guitar part for "Vertigo" and maybe work on additional material with the band, the source said.

On his official Web site, Hagar described the group as sounding like a cross between Van Halen, Led Zeppelin and Tool. Hagar previously worked with Schon in the band HSAS, who released the album Through the Fire in 1984.

The executive stressed that Hagar's involvement with Anthony shouldn't be interpreted as either the end of Van Halen or the beginning of reconciliation between Hagar and his former band. Last month, Van Halen parted ways with Warner Bros. Records, ending a 23-year-long relationship with the label.

—Jon Wiederhorn
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

little guitars i \'spose
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think "old timers" is somewhat appropriate considering the acts in rotation at MTV.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

aha!
    so Slash IS out!?

I knew he'd see things my way [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

1978-2002
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This is most likely the only 2 songs they will record. There could possibly be a video as well to help push the movie.
    Mike has no plans to leave VH. Sammy doesn't want to be in VH again (but he would like to make amends with Eddie), Schon is trying to bring Journey back to the mainstream. Slash is busy doing whatever Slash does.
    All 4 will be out on tour this summer, but not together.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

it is funny how he says it sounds like van halen along with other bands, maybe he will rejoin vh, since it looks like dave may be out.
    van halen shall return. what you think is nothing might be something after all.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I would like to see this on the movie soundtrack, but doesn't Sammy's site say Slash recorded with them too????

Good Enough
    Last Online

11.29.17 @ 01:23 AM
    Liked 57 Times in 23 Posts

Slash is also working with Izzy and Duff from GnR

Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

03.01.10 @ 10:22 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Here's a link to the article...
    http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/145...an_halen.jhtml

I was particularly intrigued by this passage:

"The executive stressed that Hagar's involvement with Anthony shouldn't be interpreted as either the end of Van Halen or the beginning of reconciliation between Hagar and his former band."

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Guitar Shark:

"The executive stressed that Hagar's involvement with Anthony shouldn't be interpreted as either the end of Van Halen or the beginning of reconciliation between Hagar and his former band."

Because they know how people can get so crazy with their Opinions & Speculationat the differing VH message board's!!!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

SLASH Denies Supergroup Involvement - Feb. 23, 2002

Former GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Slash has NOT contributed to the two-song demo tape recently recorded by the superstar line-up of Neal Schon (guitar—JOURNEY), Sammy Hagar (vocals—ex-VAN HALEN), Deen Castronovo (drums—JOURNEY) and Michael Anthony (bass—VAN HALEN), despite a statement to the contrary posted at Hagar's official web site at www.redrocker.com. The yet-to-be-named band reportedly recorded the tracks "Vertigo" and "Peeping Through a Hole" at Sammy's home studio in Marin County, California and submitted the former song for cinematic consideration on the soundtrack for the upcoming summer blockbuster Spiderman at the request of John Kalodner, the senior vice president of A&R at Columbia Records. The soundtrack is scheduled for release on May 3rd.

The quartet was originally going to be a quintet with the addition of Slash, but when the above-mentioned four-piece entered the studio last week to record, the former GNR axeman was unable to join them. An MTV report indicates that demos of the two completed tunes will be delivered to Slash's manager on Monday, and if the guitarist is inspired, he'll join the rest of the group to record a guitar part for "Vertigo" and maybe work on additional material with the band. However, when contacted by his official fan site at www.snakepit.org on Thursday, February 21st, Slash sounded less enthusiastic about the prospect of joining the fold. According to the site, Slash knew nothing about the recordings in question and was speculating that the initial report on Hagar's site was either a mistake or an attempt by Sammy's team to drum up publicity by squeezing him to make a decision regarding his involvement with the project. Meanwhile, JOURNEY's official site has reported that Neal and Sammy are considering the idea of doing some live performances with the project during the fall/winter of 2002 after they have wrapped up their separate summer tour seasons.

We'll have more information on this group as it becomes available.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

all, but esp WACF
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Guitar Shark:

Montrose?

BWAHAHAHA.... sorry..someone had to post that! Love that pasrt of Lance's book.
    The pessimist says the cup is half empty. The optimist says it's half full. The pragmatist says its liquid contents are at 50% capacity. The ironist says its half full of air. The plumber says the cup must be leaking. George Carlin says the cup is too big. The Starbucks employee says its so you have room for cream. The conspiracy theorist says aliens took the other half. The baseball player says his cup is definitely full. MacGuyver says he can build a powerful explosive with it. The psychoanalyst says the cup is your mother. The punk sitting next to you also says the cup is your mother. The romance novelist says the cup is a willing receptacle to the wild gushing torrents of pure passion from the hard chiseled urn. The zen master says There is no cup. Pamela Anderson says her cups are definitely full. Me? Refill!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

Originally posted by Little Mikey:
    This is most likely the only 2 songs they will record. There could possibly be a video as well to help push the movie.
    Mike has no plans to leave VH. Sammy doesn't want to be in VH again (but he would like to make amends with Eddie), Schon is trying to bring Journey back to the mainstream. Slash is busy doing whatever Slash does.
    All 4 will be out on tour this summer, but not together.
    tell me more my man, if yer not a bs'r.

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

10.09.12 @ 02:50 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by DLR'sCock:
    SLASH Denies Supergroup Involvement - Feb. 23, 2002

Seems like Mikey still can't get his facts straight......though I guess he's used to not being in a studio with a guitar player, maybe he just assumed Slash would show up another time to do the bass parts
    Delusions of eloquence

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think that basically anyone over 30 is considered an "old-timer" or "dinosaur" to MTV. You can't take anything MTV says seriously. After all, in their eyes you're supposed to like rap, rap-rock, and boy band shit.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Lou:
    I think that basically anyone over 30 is considered an "old-timer" or "dinosaur" to MTV. You can't take anything MTV says seriously. After all, in their eyes you're supposed to like rap, rap-rock, and boy band shit.
    You mean you guys aren't into the new hip thang'????? [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]