Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 05:02 AM
    Liked 6,819 Times in 3,566 Posts

Premium Member

Default I JUST got pulled over by Indiana State Trooper!!

This is making the rounds on facebook and all kinds of folks are "liking" it.

Is it just me or is this type of social media commentary bull shit and depending on the outcome of the encounter with the law... could have gone in a whole other direction.

The guy openly admits to speeding but was thinking in todays climate that something else could have clearly happened.

So we should pat him on the back for acting like a normal human so the police can just do their job and move on?

Dwayne Bryant

I JUST got pulled over by Indiana State Trooper!!

Ok, I'm sitting in my rental car with tears in my eyes! I have a BIG speaking engagement in Battle Creek Michigan tomorrow morning. I'm going to Lite up ALL the teachers in the Battle Creek School district.

So! I'm driving from Chicago to Battle Creek. I KNOW I was speeding, then, DAMMIT!!! Police officer had me in his radar. I pulled over.... He asked the Question, Do you know I stopped you. I asked, "was I speeding?". He clocked me doing 85 in a 65. Then he said, you also crossed three lanes of traffic to pull over without signaling.

I thought... SH....!!! This is what happened to Chandra Bland!! I KNEW, I would determine the outcome!

I was calm, was respectful, told the officer WHO I was (showed him by my actions WHOSE I WAS) and what I was doing and where I was going. He took my license and said, " sit tight."

After about 5 min. He came back with a citation. He told me in Indiana, he coulda written me up for reckless driving because I was going over 20mph. Instead, he was only going to give me a $150 ticket.

I said, thank you officer, I know I was wrong by speeding. I appreciate your kindness you have shown me. (I was really sincere!... Straight from the heart). I asked him could I take a pic because I wanted to post this experience because I'm always talking to my students about THEIR responsibility when pulled over by Authority.

He asked me to give him back the ticket. I didn't know what was about to happen, but I had NO fear during the entire encounter.

He tore up the ticket, told me to sit tight, then he brought back a WARNING instead of a ticket.

I am crying in my car, because God is SOOOO faithful! I sincerely believe, in MOST instances, it is OUR ATTITUDE, OUR BEHAVIOR, OUR RESPONSE that dictates the officers response.

There is so much more to say, but I gotta get back on the road!

‪#‎Smiling‬!
    ‪#‎Thankful‬
    ‪#‎GodIs‬
    ‪#‎Please‬ ShareWithOurYouth!

2. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 03:42 AM
    Liked 1,861 Times in 730 Posts

Donor

I hope this guy doesn't hurt his arm too much for patting himself on the back for DOING WHAT THE FUCK YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO DO when pulled over by the police.

Yup, we now appear to live in a society where you are expected to act like an asshole and when you actually act like a civilized human being you are given a participation trophy.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 05:54 AM
    Liked 2,383 Times in 1,487 Posts

Premium Member

Cops let people off for speeding daily. Not me ever but you know chicks with big tits and guys like him. 85 in a 65 plus aggressive driving he should have been slammed. He's as much of a danger as a drunk maybe more.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

5. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 05:29 AM
    Liked 1,345 Times in 922 Posts

i don't think it hurts to have a reminder of how being respectful can lead to good things. Too many people going about life with this huge chip on their shoulder that no one should be able to question their actions, no one should be able to "hassle" them, they should be able to do as they please without repercussion, it's my world and the rest of you are in my way. Respect is just not valued anymore in too many corners of this country, it's not taught in enough homes. So yeah, no matter how contrived it may seem, I'll take a good example of respect being passed around the internet any day over yet another Obama, guns or flag "meme".

7. The Following 6 Members Like This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

1978-1996
    Favorite VH Song

1978-1996
    Last Online

12.23.16 @ 10:32 AM
    Liked 2,068 Times in 1,102 Posts

Donor

Yeah it's a little unnecessary, but I'd rather read stories of people doing the right thing and NOT RESISTING and turning nothing into a death

Much better than posting messages like this imbecile (not TheresOnlyOneWay..... Monica Foy is the douche):

http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/thre...=1#post1828080

9. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

She's The Woman, Mean Street
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:59 AM
    Liked 44 Times in 20 Posts

Donor

I think the more stories like this , the better. Obviously, there's a large section of society that was never taught how to respectfully deal with Police, and the tension has finally reached a tipping point. Any little bit of direction for those folks on how to deal with things when confronted by any type of authority figure can only help.
    Lode's Facebook
    @Lode13 on Twitter

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 05:52 AM
    Liked 1,083 Times in 725 Posts

Premium Member

A lot better than the YouTube wannabes that give the cops a hard time because "they know their rights".

"I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

12. The Following 5 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Greenpaw View Post
    I'd rather read stories of people doing the right thing

The thing is, people DO do the respectful, right things to do, all the time. Otherwise, there would be nothing in the news to read about.
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

14. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Last Online

Premium Member

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

1978-1996
    Favorite VH Song

1978-1996
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by TheresOnlyOneWay View Post
    The thing is, people DO do the respectful, right things to do, all the time. Otherwise, there would be nothing in the news to read about.
    I'm just sayin that a few stories like this getting some press wouldn't be a bad thing, especially now. This guy did go overboard congratulating himself for doing what any one of us would probably do when we got caught speeding. Especially that much over the limit, I definitely would shut the fuck up and be a nice as possible and hope for a warning or a lighter citation.

Better than those dickholes who post the videos like Elwood P. mentioned. Giving cops a hard time for doing their job. They get pulled over and they magically become paralegals or something, spouting off how they know the law and their rights. fuuuuuuck you punk.

17. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:57 PM
    Liked 7,612 Times in 3,991 Posts

In Boston the other day, there was a protest in front of City Hall, having to do with
    a black, eighteen year old kid being grabbed by the neck and placed in a cruiser.

Turns out the kid, for no reason at all except to antagonize Boston Police, was yelling,
    "Fuck tha police! Fuck the police!" to officers, standing by.

And now there's a protest on this kid's behalf, by black activists with a mega-phone?!!

The activist responded, freedom of speech! We can say, Fuck the police every damn day!

Why?!!

Why act like a jackass and antagonize law enforcement, simply because it's currently the
    trend thing to do to get attention?

19. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Greenpaw View Post
    I'm just sayin that a few stories like this getting some press wouldn't be a bad thing, especially now. This guy did go overboard congratulating himself for doing what any one of us would probably do when we got caught speeding. Especially that much over the limit, I definitely would shut the fuck up and be a nice as possible and hope for a warning or a lighter citation.

Better than those dickholes who post the videos like Elwood P. mentioned. Giving cops a hard time for doing their job. They get pulled over and they magically become paralegals or something, spouting off how they know the law and their rights. fuuuuuuck you punk.
    Well! I could be totally wrong but this guys post comes off (to me) as "I'm black, I got pulled over for speeding and acted polite... and I didn't get shot... praise the lord!"
    Last edited by Number 47; 09.02.15 at 11:25 AM.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

1978-1996
    Favorite VH Song

1978-1996
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    Well! I could be totally wrong but this guys post comes off (to me) as "I'm black, I got pulled over for speeding and acted polite... and I didn't get shot... praise the lord!"
    It did, but if you weed out the nonsense, it basically says, I know I was speeding, I acted calm, did what I was told, was respectful and got off with a warning instead of an incredibly expensive ticket.

It did kinda have a tone that it was a miracle he wasn't killed over a speeding violation, but I dunno, I like this message:

"I sincerely believe, in MOST instances, it is OUR ATTITUDE, OUR BEHAVIOR, OUR RESPONSE that dictates the officers response."

And he's right, if he resists, pushes back and gives an attitude, acts suspicious, tries to take off or something, it could have gone south (justifiably) in a heartbeat. But he kept his cool and didn't even get a ticket. I bet he didn't expect that response from the cop. He assumed the worst, acted right and the result was just a warning. So many of these other "tragedies" could have ended the same way.

You're right though, do we really need to applaud someone for doing the basic thing they SHOULD already be doing?

It's like that Chris Rock comedy bit.... "Well....I take care of my kids.......YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO YA DUMB MUTHA FUCKA!!!!"

"I ain't neva been to jail.....Whadda you want, a cookie???"
    Last edited by Greenpaw; 09.02.15 at 11:51 AM.

Last Online

12.12.17 @ 03:23 AM
    Liked 1,471 Times in 1,002 Posts

Premium Member
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:22 PM
    Liked 3,107 Times in 1,819 Posts

Premium Member

I think it's just a general rule of thumb in life that you should be respectful to the people you are dealing with. In fact, conservative talk show host Dennis Prager argues that you have a moral obligation to act happy towards other people. You don't actually have to be walking on sunshine, but just give the appearance that you are, and most interactions amongst people will be a lot better. I agree with him on that.

But the feeling I get in these threads is the collective idea that police should never really be held accountable for THEIR obligations or for THEIR actions, and that is the point where I really disagree with, for the most part, it seems, everyone on this board.

I don't think anyone is arguing that one should be a dick to a cop, but don't the police have obligations of their own? Shouldn't their power and position mean we hold them to a higher standard than random guy on the street?