Register
    Favorite VH Album

The new one, Hopefully!
    Favorite VH Song

Impossible
    Last Online

04.18.17 @ 03:53 PM
    Liked 102 Times in 54 Posts

Default Keith "You Don't Move Me" Richards has a new album out at 71 years old.

In this link is a link to one of his new songs. Richard's has music in his DNA. He might be the most real musician I have ever seen. I have always liked his stone songs better than the others too. enjoy............https://www.yahoo.com/music/finally-...044789441.html

2. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 10:03 AM
    Liked 2,658 Times in 1,331 Posts

Warning: Van Halen tangent ahead....

There are countless examples of this in all walks of life. People who clearly don't have to continue on but do because they love what they do and love to be challenged and active. The guys in the Stones are just one example. Harrison Ford is 73 and doesn't need to be making movies but he does, Paul McCartney is 73 and never slows down, Donald Trump is 68 and could be living on his own island if he wanted but is still going full speed, John Williams is 83 and very active and going strong, Steven Spielberg is as busy as ever at 68. The list is extremely long.

So every time I think of this it just irks me to no end that so many VH fans are of the opinion of "Hey, if you were as rich and famous as Eddie you wouldn't want to work much either at 60 years old!" It's just silly, the people named above are all far richer and more famous and much older than Eddie. And Eddie has not written a full album of music since 1997 when he was 42! That's half the band's career ago!! He doesn't owe me or any other fan a damn thing, and of course he and everyone else that's able should do what makes them most happy. But it does affect my perception of him a lot that he basically said "I'm taking my ball and going home!" in his early 40s after claiming in every interview ever that music was his life. As I said, I'm not mad at him and he doesn't owe me anything, and I'll always be grateful for everything he brought to music. Just don't tell me it's because "who would want to keep doing that if they didn't have to?" Uh, tons of people. It's just hard to see someone with that much talent and creativity have the attitude of "I'm not going to do any more than I absolutely have to". It's just such a waste. But I'll always be a fan of his for sure.

Anyway, good for Keith.

In fact, for a creative person just think what an absolute godsend it would be to have name recognition and enough money where you finally have the ability to make anything you want without someone telling you "You have to have a hit single" or whatever. Complete artistic freedom with no financial risk. Seems like the ultimate goal of any artist. So why finally get to that point and then stop???

Oh well....

4. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Last Online

12.16.17 @ 10:02 PM
    Liked 7,643 Times in 4,016 Posts

KEEF!

There is an excellent cover story on Keith in this month's issue of Mojo.

I really like the song, the vibe is very old school & consistent.
    I like the fact that, unlike Jagger, Keith knows what he likes & stick with it.
    Jagger is kinda like Roth in that he's always interested in what's current.

I always miss Charlie Watts when i hear these kinda things, though.

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 11:32 PM
    Liked 2,388 Times in 1,490 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by snowdog View Post
    Warning: Van Halen tangent ahead....

There are countless examples of this in all walks of life. People who clearly don't have to continue on but do because they love what they do and love to be challenged and active. The guys in the Stones are just one example. Harrison Ford is 73 and doesn't need to be making movies but he does, Paul McCartney is 73 and never slows down, Donald Trump is 68 and could be living on his own island if he wanted but is still going full speed, John Williams is 83 and very active and going strong, Steven Spielberg is as busy as ever at 68. The list is extremely long.

So every time I think of this it just irks me to no end that so many VH fans are of the opinion of "Hey, if you were as rich and famous as Eddie you wouldn't want to work much either at 60 years old!" It's just silly, the people named above are all far richer and more famous and much older than Eddie. And Eddie has not written a full album of music since 1997 when he was 42! That's half the band's career ago!! He doesn't owe me or any other fan a damn thing, and of course he and everyone else that's able should do what makes them most happy. But it does affect my perception of him a lot that he basically said "I'm taking my ball and going home!" in his early 40s after claiming in every interview ever that music was his life. As I said, I'm not mad at him and he doesn't owe me anything, and I'll always be grateful for everything he brought to music. Just don't tell me it's because "who would want to keep doing that if they didn't have to?" Uh, tons of people. It's just hard to see someone with that much talent and creativity have the attitude of "I'm not going to do any more than I absolutely have to". It's just such a waste. But I'll always be a fan of his for sure.

Anyway, good for Keith.

In fact, for a creative person just think what an absolute godsend it would be to have name recognition and enough money where you finally have the ability to make anything you want without someone telling you "You have to have a hit single" or whatever. Complete artistic freedom with no financial risk. Seems like the ultimate goal of any artist. So why finally get to that point and then stop???

Oh well....
    Lots of ordinary people kick back at 62 1/2 and 59 1/2 to each his own. I never liked Richards even back in the day. He was in the right place at the right time with Jagger. I know tons of guitarists better than him including local ones.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 11:24 PM
    Liked 16,572 Times in 9,399 Posts

Still a couple of the greatest guitar riffs ever recorded ...

"It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you"

"Be careful what you wish for because you just might lose what you already have"

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

8. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Last Online

12.16.17 @ 10:02 PM
    Liked 7,643 Times in 4,016 Posts

I still think "Let it bleed" is the greatest rock album of all time.
    I think it blows away The Beatles: SGT. Pepper.

Opens with "Gimme Shelter" and closes with "You can't always get what you want."
    It's a record you have to listen to in sequence, because it is a masterpiece.

That choir at the end, man....

It's a journey, from hell to heaven.