Register
    Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 10:52 AM
    Liked 157 Times in 82 Posts

Default Got me a POD HD500 today!

I got a good deal on an HD500 today. Is there any special type of midi cable I need, or are they are fairly standard? Sorry, I've never worked with midi before.

Also, does anyone know if they seem 2 1/4 cables that are basically connected together? I thought it'd be nice to have something like this to run to and from the amp's effects loop.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

A few of Daves, a few of Sams!
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:00 PM
    Liked 6,969 Times in 5,005 Posts

Premium Member

I've heard good things about those Pod units. Do you ever play around with the amp simulations, or are you simply going to use it for the effects?
    I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the amp tones, compared to the 5150III you have, and I'm uber curious to see how their Marshall (hot rodded) tones stack up. Pun intended...

I know these are great for recording, but wonder how they are when played full tilt in a live setting?
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - a very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 10:52 AM
    Liked 157 Times in 82 Posts

I'm still getting the levels set up with just using effects. I've thought about trying one of the clean amp sims in place of the 5150iii clean channel. I'll keep you posted.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

A few of Daves, a few of Sams!
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:00 PM
    Liked 6,969 Times in 5,005 Posts

Premium Member

Thanks!

I've never used Line 6 gear. Much experience doing home demos/recording with Boss COSM equipment though, as well as some home jamming through a clean amp.
    There was one gig I did, using a Digitech multi FX pedal into a clean Fender amp. We played stuff like One Way To Rock (LWAN version), Mr. Crowley, Man in the Box, Wanted Dead or Alive, Summer of 69, etc.

The stage tone (to me) sounded okay, yet lacked the low end oomph from a real amp. Even the club owner mentioned that it sounded thin. This was several years ago... I was wondering if the HD500 was better in that regard?
    One of my favorite players is Pete Lesperance from the band Harem Scarem. They're a local Canadian treasure who are "big in Japan"... LOL
    I have a live dvd from England, where he uses a Line 6 amp for the most part. It sounds massive, but I wasn't sure if it was due to all the other backline gear that surely is going on?

Anyway, keep us posted!
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - a very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora