Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hitch1969 posted this link at the dlrarmy.com:
    http://216.10.20.170/ubb/uploads/ori...-Chapter20.txt

it's an interesting read ... BUT Sam really doesn't understand:
    if they had played only classic VH all of the Bon Joni fans who'd have gone crazy about it.

even Bon Jovi Fans would have understood the difference.

too bad Dave left and opened the door for all these imposters. These guys make me wanna puke.

cheers,

SToRM

Banned!
    Last Online

04.19.06 @ 11:51 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Gentleman:

It is agreeable to see you all once again.

I have spoken to the renegade hitch1969 and he expresses gratitude for credit given to him for this link.

He also stated that he may have an original copy of "The Globe" article in question. He informs me that he shall scour his personal archives, and upload it if he still is in possession of it.

Live long, and prosper.

Spock out.

------------------
    "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few...or the one."

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 05:32 AM
    Liked 28 Times in 13 Posts

Donor

WOW! More great stuff from Sammy's book. Again, it's only one side of the coin, but getting all the behind-the-scenes scoop is too intriguing to pass up.

I had no idea they bombed so bad in Europe. Their first mistake was opening for Bon Jovi. BON JOVI!!!!! If it wasn't for hair spray and the sheer stupidity of teenage girls, those nitwits would be tending bar and selling aluminum siding in Akron instead of poking Heather Locklear.

I saw the Balance show in St Louis and now I can understand why it seemed so uninspired. Little did I know that less than a year later these guys would part ways.

Although I detest the use of drugs in any way, shape or form, the thought of a VH album directly influenced by 'shrooms is a true mind blower, to say the least.

The real disappointing thing is Eddie's continued downward spiral into alcoholism. When I read all the interviews preceding the release of Balance (Rolling Stone, Guitar Player, etc.), he had sworn off the booze and was claiming sobriety. I took him at his word, believing that this was a true turning point in his life and his music. I guess I was wrong. But I do know this: if he doesn't clean up and get straight, he'll die and become another rock and roll statistic.

Let's just hope that maybe in this hiatus of silence, Edward has been getting himself straightened out somewhere. If he played so brilliantly all messed up, just think what he could do straight.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

01.06.05 @ 02:22 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Y'know as interesting as this stuff is, I gotta take it with a grain of salt. I mean, it seems like Sammy is saying "I wanted to do everything that was best for the band and the fans, but the evil Van Halen brothers under the control of Ray Daniels stopped me." Yikes. Doesn't that seem a tad biased? I think Ray was just trying to make a buck and while doing so pissed off both sides. Now, I'm not defending Ray, I think he's a dick for trying to do that. I wonder who got Roth back though?

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

First off, I remember that cheating Eddie thing. I saw it on Current Affair (or one of those type shows). They showed a picture of Eddie with a guitar on looking seriously messed up, and if I recall correctly they tried to interview the woman and she was wearing something red/white and blue (ala America). Not to try to drag something like this up but I'd like to see these pics again to see if my recollections are correct.

Second, alot of this book seems fishy. First off, Sammy wanting to do a dance beat thing? If Sammy was so in favor of that idea, why didn't he explore it at all in any of the recordings that he's done since leaving Van Halen?

And though everyone has the right to change their minds, it seems a tad disingenuous for Sammy to be going on about Eddie's smoking being a bad influence and wanting to make sure a crowd gets home safe if they've been drinking. I mean, this is a guy who passes out alcohol to his audience and his latest recording has him taking a huge drag on (what I presume is) a joint.

Anyway, I'm not convinced of its validity, but it is a great read. And the Bon Jovi part is depressing as hell.

------------------
    The Michael Jordan of Van Halen websites!!!
    www.vhlinks.com

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:18 PM
    Liked 1,391 Times in 763 Posts

This is definitely tabloid-level material, which could put the british press to shame!
    You immediately understand why the book was never published - about a zillion lawsuits would have followed.
    As for Van Halen not being big in Europe anymore, I can explain it very easily. It's actually so simple, I don't understand why Sammy's so surprised. I can't believe he's that stupid.
    VH1 thru 1984: a european tour for every album
    =VH big in Europe (jump#1)
    5150=no tour
    OU812=no tour
    FUCK=no tour
    result=VH not big in Europe.
    They didn't tour, so didn't do any radio specials, Warner Bro. didn't promote them at all! I actually me with the Warner Bro. Rep in Paris who was supposed to promote them: he hated VH! The only thing he was interested in was Madonna!
    No wonder they weren't huge! How could they be!
    But Sammy overlooks the fact that after the Bon Jovi shows, they came back to Europe and played to packed halls. They played in front of 8000 ppl in Paris in june 1995.
    The book is totally one-sided and also plain wrong on a lot of issues.
    The Balance tour had problems, granted. Sammy wasn't hanging with the band backstage. But I talked to Alex for quite a bit of time back then: this was not an alcoholic man, that's a fact. Eddie, under the pressure and bad vibes, might have drank a few times. He certainly wasn't the alcoholic he used to be.
    The book is blatantly exagerating stuff here.
    As far as playing the old songs at soundcheck, doesn't Sammy know the fans are PISSED at him for ignoring the old songs for 11 years live?
    Hey Sam, wake up!
    I don't know of any band with such a long history of great songs purposedly ignoring them. That's 100% Sammy's fault.
    As for the rest, it does seem the VH bros got quite paranoid about a lot of things. I can see it happening for Al, going through a divorce, that tends to mess with a guy's head.
    RD certainly didn't help.
    But that Europe thing is total bs! I know for a fact Sammy didn't wanna tour there during the early days, and Ed Leffler backed him on that. The bros are from Holland! They wanted to go! I saw them backstage talk to their folks in Dutch!
    So let's stop the madness on the Europe stupidity...

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, I'm the One, Dreams
    Last Online

02.14.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

glenn, i remember the same stuff about that Current Affair (or whatever BS tv magazine it was) spot.

Banned!
    Last Online

04.19.06 @ 11:51 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Gentlemen:

These chapters are the disputed chapters of an authorized Sammy Hagar biography which was in the works in 1997. Mr. Hagar successfully filed for an injunction against the writer after he included the conversations with Ms. Hagar and Mr. Hagar's comments about Mr. Danniels, supposedly without Mr. Hagar's consent.

Illogical. Mr. Hagar commissioned this endeavor and simply "did not like it"

I have spoken to the renegade hitch1969. He has expressed that he had legal commitments in District Court this morning, but is confident that he has an original of the article in question, and will attempt obtain it when legal demands are less pressing.

Spock Out.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 05:32 AM
    Liked 28 Times in 13 Posts

Donor

Yeah, that whole "I only fire up about 2 or 3 times a year" sounds like complete crap. This is from the same guy who wrote an entire song about a fatty! C'mon Sam, you're a friggin' pothead--who you trying to kid? I watched you smell some dope, search the crowd for the guy who had the joint, motion for him to pass it up, and take a hit on stage during the RHRN tour outside Detroit. You can't tell me that ain't happenin' every night.

I said it once, and I'll say it again: The whole truth won't come out until Michael Anthony tells all. Now THAT will be a great read!

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

02.22.16 @ 08:29 AM
    Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CashVanHalen:
    I mean, it seems like Sammy is saying "I wanted to do everything that was best for the band and the fans, but the evil Van Halen brothers under the control of Ray Daniels stopped me." Yikes. Doesn't that seem a tad biased? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes. I think that's why Sammy's book never got published...

------------------
    http://maya.iuma.com &lt;-- My Stuff
    http://www.vhvault.com/1989 &lt;-- My Van Halen Page

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 08:39 AM
    Liked 85 Times in 36 Posts

Has anyone ever seen these photo's of Eddie that the Globe printed? I would love to know what this woman (Andi Remington) looked like.

------------------
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    and thats about what its worth

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:18 PM
    Liked 1,391 Times in 763 Posts

I can't believe the part where Sam had the nerve to say that Mike was not "man enough to stand up to the borthers". How can he judge Mike? I think Mike's been happy with VH, or else he would have left!
    I think Sam & that dude wrote this book right after the split when Sam was still very angry about the split. His thoughts were clouded by anger.

Eruption
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 06:21 AM
    Liked 26 Times in 18 Posts

The woman who eddie was allegedly involved was also rumored to be linked to none other than Ernie Ball. This could be the reason why Eddie left Music Man and went to Peavey. This rumor was out there back when it all went down.

Eruption
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 06:21 AM
    Liked 26 Times in 18 Posts

ooooops, I meant Sterling Ball.

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hey Spock,

i hope, i won't get involved in any legal troubles too ... i mean, i only posted the link!

come on, Hagar, do at least admit, that the Van Halens were nothing but the money making machine you needed in order to drive 55 with your brandnew Ferrari ....

cheers,
    SToRM