Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, DDL, Dirty Movies
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 08:45 AM
    Liked 1,606 Times in 743 Posts

Premium Member

Default Who makes the EVH pickups?

Anybody know who makes the EVH pups? I'm guessing that its Seymour Duncan, but I'd like to know for sure.

About a year and a half ago (maybe longer) I bought a EVH Stealth Special from ebay and it had Gus G blackout pups in it. Around the same time I bought a set of EVH Wolfgang pups to put in it and I put them on the shelf and all of a sudden a year and a half (maybe longer) has gone past. Well last week I decided it was time to get them installed and tonight, my guitar guy calls me to tell me that the neck pup is dead. He said he would pull it apart to see if any wires were loose but everything seemed fine, but still dead.

So now I need to buy another pup... The EVH pups were brand new. I bought them on ebay and they were sent over from the US, but I'm fucked if I can remember who I bought them from. It was from a guitar store and not just a dude selling them. The Aussie dollar was flying high at the time so I got a great deal. The dollar has shit itself lately and its going to cost $200 AUD or more to get another one. I cant find one here and if I did, it would probably cost more than that.

So I was thinking that maybe I could email the makers of it and see if I can send it back to them for them to fix it and send it back to me. It would/should cost a lot less than buying a new one, so I need to know who makes them.

Sorry for rambling...
    If you have nothing nice to say about Eddie Van Halen, you're at the right website. - Me (A few years ago)

"People take Van Halen much more seriously than we do" - David Lee Roth (1980's)

"I don't sit on the end of your bed while you're trying to make a living" - David Lee Roth (1988)

"For some reason people love to complain about everything. The internet has made it easy for people to do that. Shut the fuck up and get a life, or show me how good you can do it."- Edward Van Halen

"A lot of people ask me which Van Halen singer was better. You can't compare them. It's like asking which guitarist is better. Nobody is better than anybody. Every player is their own person."-Edward Van Halen

"I do like Eddie Van Halen as a player. He gets it right quite often." -Paul McCartney

Last Online

12.10.17 @ 09:00 AM
    Liked 378 Times in 224 Posts

The EVH Wolfgang pickups are made by Fender. The Frankenstein pickup is made by Duncan.

3. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, DDL, Dirty Movies
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 08:45 AM
    Liked 1,606 Times in 743 Posts

Premium Member

Awesome. Thanks AFU
    If you have nothing nice to say about Eddie Van Halen, you're at the right website. - Me (A few years ago)

"People take Van Halen much more seriously than we do" - David Lee Roth (1980's)

"I don't sit on the end of your bed while you're trying to make a living" - David Lee Roth (1988)

"For some reason people love to complain about everything. The internet has made it easy for people to do that. Shut the fuck up and get a life, or show me how good you can do it."- Edward Van Halen

"A lot of people ask me which Van Halen singer was better. You can't compare them. It's like asking which guitarist is better. Nobody is better than anybody. Every player is their own person."-Edward Van Halen

"I do like Eddie Van Halen as a player. He gets it right quite often." -Paul McCartney