Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Emperor of VHLinks.com Brett's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.02.99
    Age
    46
    Location
    Somewhere Near LA
    Posts
    68,691
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 02:00 PM
    Likes
    1,263
    Liked 11,545 Times in 4,919 Posts

    Default 'Liked' Posts Notification!

    So yes I know everyone likes the post liking features.

    I've made it a little easier for you to see if you've been liked. I know we all go a little crazy with that button, but bottom line is it beats saying "Cool post!" over and over, and it's part of our internet world now, so we embrace it here too.

    At the top of the forum next to your name where it says "Notifications," if you get a new "like" it will alert you and take you to the page that lists your last 25 likes.

    That page is located here...

    http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/recent_likes.php

    That page is also available under the "Forum" tab at the top of the site, where it's listed below and says "My Posts Recently 'Liked'."So you can look at it any time.

    If you don't want the notifications of new likes at the top, just go into your user settings and turn it off. It is on by default.

    Ok that's it, hope that makes it a little easier to find your likes...I know we all love that.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

    JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

  2. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:


  3. #2
    Atomic Punk CaboChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.23.11
    Age
    45
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    15,617
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 01:16 PM
    Likes
    4,314
    Liked 7,838 Times in 4,574 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Dude,

    I swear I was just thinking this today.

    "Would be cool to get a notification".

    FB, man...lol!

  4. #3
    Emperor of VHLinks.com Brett's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.02.99
    Age
    46
    Location
    Somewhere Near LA
    Posts
    68,691
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 02:00 PM
    Likes
    1,263
    Liked 11,545 Times in 4,919 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    Dude,

    I swear I was just thinking this today.

    "Would be cool to get a notification".

    FB, man...lol!
    I've been thinking about it before, then on FB today, it just clicked and I said "Oh yeah I have to figure out how to do that on the board!" I figured it was something that someone else already came up with a long time ago.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

    JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

  5. #4
    Whoa, this is heavy! Jedi McFly's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.29.03
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,972
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 01:12 PM
    Likes
    2,611
    Liked 2,855 Times in 1,068 Posts


    Premium Member

    Donor

    Default

    This is great. Thanks for activating it, Brett.

    What ever happened to that @username tagging feature? That would alleviate a lot of unnecessary post quoting too.

  6. #5
    Emperor of VHLinks.com Brett's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.02.99
    Age
    46
    Location
    Somewhere Near LA
    Posts
    68,691
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 02:00 PM
    Likes
    1,263
    Liked 11,545 Times in 4,919 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi McFly View Post
    This is great. Thanks for activating it, Brett.

    What ever happened to that @username tagging feature? That would alleviate a lot of unnecessary post quoting too.
    You liked that?
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

    JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

  7. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  8. #6
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    09.29.14
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    2,119
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 11:06 AM
    Likes
    3,285
    Liked 1,961 Times in 984 Posts

    Default

    Sounds good Brett. Another, non music forum I belong to has this feature.

  9. #7
    Whoa, this is heavy! Jedi McFly's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.29.03
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,972
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 01:12 PM
    Likes
    2,611
    Liked 2,855 Times in 1,068 Posts


    Premium Member

    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    You liked that?
    I see what you did there?

    Yeah, I thought it was cool/useful if it'd notify
    Somebody they were mentioned.

  10. #8
    Sinner's Swing! Dutchie5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.20.04
    Age
    46
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    2,917
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    HAIL, DDL, Dirty Movies
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 07:07 AM
    Likes
    1,933
    Liked 1,606 Times in 743 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    So yes I know everyone likes the post liking features.

    I've made it a little easier for you to see if you've been liked. I know we all go a little crazy with that button, but bottom line is it beats saying "Cool post!" over and over, and it's part of our internet world now, so we embrace it here too.

    At the top of the forum next to your name where it says "Notifications," if you get a new "like" it will alert you and take you to the page that lists your last 25 likes.

    That page is located here...

    http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/recent_likes.php

    That page is also available under the "Forum" tab at the top of the site, where it's listed below and says "My Posts Recently 'Liked'."So you can look at it any time.

    If you don't want the notifications of new likes at the top, just go into your user settings and turn it off. It is on by default.

    Ok that's it, hope that makes it a little easier to find your likes...I know we all love that.
    Cool post.
    If you have nothing nice to say about Eddie Van Halen, you're at the right website. - Me (A few years ago)

    "People take Van Halen much more seriously than we do" - David Lee Roth (1980's)

    "I don't sit on the end of your bed while you're trying to make a living" - David Lee Roth (1988)

    "For some reason people love to complain about everything. The internet has made it easy for people to do that. Shut the fuck up and get a life, or show me how good you can do it."- Edward Van Halen

    "A lot of people ask me which Van Halen singer was better. You can't compare them. It's like asking which guitarist is better. Nobody is better than anybody. Every player is their own person."-Edward Van Halen

    "I do like Eddie Van Halen as a player. He gets it right quite often." -Paul McCartney

  11. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:


  12. #9
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    11.05.06
    Location
    there's a sleepy town
    Posts
    8,193
    Favorite VH Album

    fair warning/ 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    happy trails/ dreams
    Last Online

    07.09.17 @ 07:00 PM
    Likes
    3
    Liked 1,832 Times in 988 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Where do I find how to turn it off in my settings?
    Utilize. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

    I love coffee and sarcasm.

    RJD \m/


    Sig Pic courtesy of Greenpaw

  13. The Following Member Likes This Post:


 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Can I get email notification when someone reply?
    By Lodewijk5150 in forum VHLinks Feedback & Troubleshooting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04.11.07, 05:53 AM
  2. PMs notification?
    By WinterlessIceness in forum VHLinks Feedback & Troubleshooting
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02.16.05, 03:56 AM
  3. PM notification
    By Wolfman in forum VHLinks Feedback & Troubleshooting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03.06.03, 10:15 AM
  4. E-Mail notification
    By swage in forum VHLinks Feedback & Troubleshooting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02.01.03, 06:11 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •