07.31.17 @ 10:58 PM
    Liked 94 Times in 60 Posts

Default Eddie Van Halen - The Full Bug 2015

Lol!

2. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:14 PM
    Liked 160 Times in 83 Posts

"WHO. I've gotta woman, in the groove, on the go, on the move, you know, ya you know. Bad little woman gonna let you pass, bad woman gonna,.....bite your ass babe."
    Right here I say....

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 1,479 Times in 901 Posts

I'm glad it didn't go into his ear like in Mansfield, MA back in '93.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Last Online

11.12.17 @ 09:04 PM
    Liked 121 Times in 68 Posts

Donor

From what I said in the other thread :

Last Online

Anyone know if the remastered Diver Down is any better than the original? Full Bug and Hang Em High are probably 2 of their best songs ever but I always thought the whole album lacked bass and the fullness that the other albums had.
    Right here I say....

Last Online

11.12.17 @ 09:04 PM
    Liked 121 Times in 68 Posts

Donor

I'm sure they do. I posted the one above because it had no ad b.s. and got str8 to the point. Songs like TFB and HEH would sound amazing on scratched vinyl being played on an old beat-up '70s record player, imo...

Last Online

Sry about the wrong forum I just figured it'd be a good one to put where everyone usually reads the most lol. I just grabbed the new WACF remaster and it is fabulous already have VH1 where though it sounds amazing I am convinced the bass guitar and Mikes vocals (I am honestly not trying to bring up all the nonsense.) is lower in certain songs (Ie: I'm The One especially), and have the 1984 which sounds amazing throughout especially the drums. I still have the DD 2000 remaster and it still sounds great and honestly compared to the original cd which I also had at one point, it was like night and day with that album.

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by RevolutionMan View Post
    Sry about the wrong forum I just figured it'd be a good one to put where everyone usually reads the most lol. I just grabbed the new WACF remaster and it is fabulous already have VH1 where though it sounds amazing I am convinced the bass guitar and Mikes vocals (I am honestly not trying to bring up all the nonsense.) is lower in certain songs (Ie: I'm The One especially), and have the 1984 which sounds amazing throughout especially the drums. I still have the DD 2000 remaster and it still sounds great and honestly compared to the original cd which I also had at one point, it was like night and day with that album.
    Thanks. Gives me some hope. Of all the albums DD was the worst produced. Might grab that one first.
    Right here I say....

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by right-here-i-say View Post
    Thanks. Gives me some hope. Of all the albums DD was the worst produced. Might grab that one first.
    Totally. There was a lot more clarity in the drums and bass, I find on the vinyl and original cd version they were a bit muddy, but the 2000 and this new one have much more clarity which is why I have always wished they had more originals on that album or would release the 1982 version of Big Trouble one day or something. Anyways Eddie kicking bugs 2015 tour hes playing great heck yea!
    Last edited by RevolutionMan; 07.28.15 at 06:38 AM.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

11.28.17 @ 10:28 AM
    Liked 16 Times in 10 Posts

What up hard rockers?
    What tour will be more successful in 2015? Van Halen or Motley Crue?

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by John Halen View Post
    What up hard rockers?
    What tour will be more successful in 2015? Van Halen or Motley Crue?
    Ok.... clearly Van Halen as Motley Crue relies heavily on backing tapes for background vocals, in some cases it is the same backup vocals like on the albums (IE: Dr. Smellgood, and Kickstart My Fart). Also they are beating a dead horse from last summer and unfortunately Alice Cooper isn't doing his own thing, but I guess it's where the money is at.

And also once you have finally discovered YouTube, you will see how Eddie Van Halen is as a player compared to Mick Mars, no offence to his issues or anything. At least Roth sings lyrics most of the time, Vince just yalps and barely sings anything, and he always has a few off nights where he is totally wasted.
    Last edited by RevolutionMan; 07.29.15 at 05:51 AM.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH-II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Girl gone bad/Dreams live
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 08:59 AM
    Liked 140 Times in 64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    I'm glad it didn't go into his ear like in Mansfield, MA back in '93.
    I was there for both nights. Mike played purple haze during his solo and then lit the bass on fire, 3 year old Wolf wondered on stage during Eddie's solo and Valeria came running out to hug Ed during YRGM. If that was'nt enough Steven Tyler and Joey Kramer were standing right behind Alex whatching the whole show on the second night. Ahhhh memories....
    "What do you expect from a guy who makes his living beating things with a stick!"-EVH

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 10:46 AM
    Liked 626 Times in 292 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Van Hampshire View Post
    I was there for both nights. Mike played purple haze during his solo and then lit the bass on fire, 3 year old Wolf wondered on stage during Eddie's solo and Valeria came running out to hug Ed during YRGM. If that was'nt enough Steven Tyler and Joey Kramer were standing right behind Alex whatching the whole show on the second night. Ahhhh memories....
    The second night in Mansfield in 93 was my very first VH show. I was on the lawn. Did Wolf come on stage that night or the first night?
    http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/van-ha...-73d3e2bd.html
    VH RULES!
    21 Shows Attended 1993-2015

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH-II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Girl gone bad/Dreams live
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 08:59 AM
    Liked 140 Times in 64 Posts

I can't remember which night he came out. The mix of the twi night kind of run together. Several things I remember were that local radio was backstage interviewing VH and the interviewer made a comment about the wherabouts of Alex. Sammmy said that he was napping as he was a little under the weather. This was the first night and while the performance was still A+ on a VH standard, it was'nt "magical" as some shows can be and it was because I could tell Alex was a little out of it and sluggish. He played the show great but being a drummer and a huge AVH fan I noticed that he was kind of going through the motions. The second night is when Steven Tyler and Joey Kramer were there. They stood right behind the gong out of the way and I could see them. I don't care how sick someone is but when fellow rockers come to see you do your thing, the bar is raised and you go the extra mile. The second night was like seeing a different person in regards to Alex. He played fills that I have not see him play to this day and there was a fire under his drum seat that made him push the band into another realm. I think if those two stood behind me all night I would be stepping up too even if I was sick!

The other thing I remember was that great woods(what it was called then) had a fence that went around the whole venue. The friend I went with and I snuck around the back and peeked in various sections and I told my friend that I saw Valerie having a beer while relaxing. He glanced quick but was'nt sure if it was her. I said that I was positive that it was and sure enough that was the night she ran out on stage. I guess my friend believed me after that!
    "What do you expect from a guy who makes his living beating things with a stick!"-EVH