Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default Louisiana Movie Theater Shooting

http://klfy.com/2015/07/23/reports-2...hnston-street/

KLFY has received reports that a man opened fire inside the theater.

The shooter at The Grand Theater on Johnston Street is now dead, sources tell KLFY’s Jazmin Thibeodaux.

One female victim is dead. Multiple people were taking to the hospital with injuries.

Jazmin is currently on the scene KLFY’s Jazmin Thibeodaux and will bring you more information as it becomes available.

--------------------

LAFAYETTE, La. -- Gov. Bobby Jindal has confirmed there has been a shooting at a Lafayette movie theater Thursday evening.

According to The Daily Advertiser in Lafayette, City Marshal Brian Pope confirmed to them that six people were injured and that the shooter is dead.

Police haven't released any other official information.

We'll bring you more on this breaking news as soon as it comes in, here on WWLTV.com and during our 10 p.m. newscast.

UPDATE: City Marshal Brian Pope has confirmed that the shooter is dead. Six were injured.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:23 PM
    Liked 6,828 Times in 3,570 Posts

Premium Member

At least 3 dead after gunman opens fire at Lafayette, La. movie theater

A gunman killed two people and injured nine others late Thursday when he opened fire with a semi-automatic handgun in a Lafayette, La. movie theater before turning the weapon on himself, the city's police chief said.

Chief Jim Craft told reporters that authorities had identified the shooter as a 58-year-old white man, but did not release his name, citing the ongoing investigation. Craft later said that the gunman had a criminal record, but had not been in trouble with the law recently. He did not elaborate further, and added that no motive had been established. Early Friday, Craft said that investigators were investigating possible addresses for the shooter in multiple Southern states.

The chief said that one of the injured victims was in critical condition and the ages of the wounded ranged from the late teens to early 60s. Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal said that one victim had been released from a local hospital.

Late Thursday, authorities said they had found the gunman's vehicle with a suspicious package inside. A bomb squad and hazmat team were called in and the area near the theater was evacuated. Minutes later, an Associated Press reporter on the scene heard a number of short bursts similar to firecrackers coming from that vicinity. Craft later said that the suspicious object was found to be harmless.

Col. Mike Edmonson of the Louisiana State Police said that there are no other suspects apart from the deceased shooter. He added that police believe the gunman fired shots only at the theater and had not waged an attack anywhere else beforehand.

The shooting happened about 20 minutes into a 7:10 p.m. showing of the movie "Trainwreck," according to The Daily Advertiser, which quoted theatergoer Katie Domingue. Authorities said approximately 100 people were inside the theater at the time.

"We heard a loud pop we thought was a firecracker," Domingue told the newspaper. Domingue said she saw "an older white man" standing up and shooting down into the theater, but not in her direction.

"He wasn't saying anything. I didn't hear anybody screaming either," Domingue said.

Domingue told the newspaper she heard about six shots before she and her fiance ran to the nearest exit, leaving behind her shoes and purse.

Emily Mann, 21, was watching the movie while seated with a friend in the second row from the top of the theater. Her father, Randall Mann, told The Daily Advertiser that Emily heard popping noises and saw the gunman standing at the other end of her row.

Jindal said a teacher who was in the theater and injured by the shooting pulled a fire alarm to alert others.

Jalen Fernell told The Daily Advertiser he was watching the film "Southpaw" with friends in an adjacent theater when he heard the first shots. Initially, he thought they were part of the movie.

"About five seconds later, sirens went off and I realized it wasn't the movie," said Fernell, who added that moviegoers were told to leave the area over a loudspeaker. Outside the theater, the 20-year-old said "I saw a woman lying on the ground outside with blood everywhere. She was shot in the leg."

"We didn't know what to do. You're scared to walk through the parking lot. You don't know if the guy's in a car, hiding in the parking lot," Fernell said. He watched as police with assault rifles entered the building and described hearing a barrage of gunshots "like a war going on."

Fernell said he heard from a police car radio that six people were down in Theater 14. After more gunshots, he heard that the suspect was down and had committed suicide.

Early Friday, Craft said investigators believe the gunman had originally tried to leave the theater by blending in with the fleeing crowd. However, as he attempted to do so, he spotted two police officers who had been in the parking lot and were responding to the reported shooting.

"It looks like he spotted the officers coming in and he turned around and he went against the crowd, and he fired a single gunshot," Craft said. "He was seated in the theater just like everybody else."
    "The information we have at this time indicates that he was by himself, sat by himself and the first two people he shot were sitting right in front of him," the chief added.

Police said they had closed other theaters in the area as a precaution. State and federal personnel were on hand to assist in the investigation.

Jindal arrived at the scene approximately two hours after the shooting. He praised the response of local law enforcement and asked for prayers on behalf of the victims.

"The best thing anybody can do right now is to think about them, pray for them, shower them with your love is the most important thing we will get through this," Jindal said. "We will get through this. We are a resilient community. This is an awful night for Lafayette. This is an awful night for Louisiana. This is an awful night for the United States."

The White House said early Friday that President Obama had been briefed on the shooting by his homeland security team while aboard Air Force One en route to Kenya.

"The thoughts and prayers of everyone at the White House, including the President and First Lady, are with the community of Lafayette, Louisiana, especially the families of those who were killed," White House spokesman Josh Earnest said.

Comedian Amy Schumer, the star of "Trainwreck," tweeted her condolences late Thursday.

Amy Schumer

@amyschumer

My heart is broken and all my thoughts and prayers are with everyone in Louisiana.
    11:21 PM - 23 Jul 2015

The Louisiana shooting occurred almost exactly three years after James Holmes entered a crowded movie theater in suburban Denver and opened fire during the premier of "The Dark Knight Rises", killing 12 people and injuring 70 others.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/07/24...movie-theater/

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:21 PM
    Liked 11,750 Times in 6,508 Posts

Premium Member

The Lafayette, Louisiana, Grand Theatre–site of the tragic July 23 attack in which a gunman killed two, wounded at least seven others, then took his own life–is a gun free zone.
    The movie theater chain does not even allow law-abiding citizens with concealed carry permits to carry for self-defense.

According to the “Conduct Policy” for all Grand Theatre locations, the “possession of firearms or weapons of any kind” are completely banned and the ban applies regardless of whether the firearm or weapon is carried “openly or concealed, with or without a permit.”

http://www.thegrandtheatre.com/corporate?tab=faq
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 12:57 PM
    Liked 2,229 Times in 1,124 Posts

Premium Member

Fuck this guy. He's nothing but a skid mark in the underwear of society. He's so tough he shoots innocent people for no apparent reason and he's too much of a pussy to face the music.

They should put his body on display so everyone can use it as a public urinal.

Seriously.

I think as a society we try hard to understand and even sympathize with someone who is so mentally deranged, but that's the attention they want. They want to commit these atrocities so everyone will ask "Why?". Then everyone knows his name and his views get out there which is what he wanted in the first place because no one listens to his rants.

Screw that. Shame them after death and drag their bodies through the streets like it's the middle ages. Let people take a crap on his face after death.

Let THAT be the lasting image everyone has of this guy and those that want to perform a copy cat crime will see it.

Having CNN specials and plastering his name and picture for everyone to see along with the constant "here's what we know about ______" is the prime motivation for these ass clowns.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

6. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:26 PM
    Liked 6,685 Times in 3,707 Posts

Scary the number of armed lunatics in this world.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    Scary the number of armed lunatics in this world.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    There are fucking outstanding beyond bat shit crazy fuckers in this little place we live in. Walking, breeding, shopping, teaching, coaching etc. You name it. And I've god damn seen it. On a different level, but god damn its crazy. Said asshole wants to off some fucks, so he pics an easy place. It's not rocket book math. Or easy bake oven instructions. It's simple. Like the two brothers in OK. No guns around, so let's stab the ever livin' shit out of OUR own fuckin' family! Sad shit, brotha. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

Depends on the Day of the Week
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, D.O.A., TYWH
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 10:43 AM
    Liked 1,328 Times in 798 Posts

Here's your "Gun Control" "Mr." Obama ! ! ! ! !

http://apnews.myway.com/article/2015...1ec97eca3.html

A teenager has been accused in the stabbing deaths of his parents and three siblings during a late-night attack that left bodies strewn through the family's home.

---------------------------------

Perhaps if there had been a "gun" in the home, this murder spree could have been stopped at some point.

Wherever there is violence you need guns....

~~8 U.S.C. § 1182(f)~~

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

A few of Daves, a few of Sams!
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:19 PM
    Liked 6,970 Times in 5,006 Posts

Premium Member

Scary to think that there are so many crazed motherf**kers out there!
    Stuff like this just seems so senseless and tragic.

I really don't like this world very much anymore. Life used to seem so much simpler when we were growing up.

Prayers to the families of the victims, as well as those who will be lost/affected when something like this inevitably happens again...
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - a very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by The Rover View Post
    Here's your "Gun Control" "Mr." Obama ! ! ! ! !

http://apnews.myway.com/article/2015...1ec97eca3.html

A teenager has been accused in the stabbing deaths of his parents and three siblings during a late-night attack that left bodies strewn through the family's home.

---------------------------------

Perhaps if there had been a "gun" in the home, this murder spree could have been stopped at some point.

Wherever there is violence you need guns....
    Or maybe he just woke have shot them instead. Sad truth is we're at the mercy of each other every day. Too many nuts among the group.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:28 PM
    Liked 7,844 Times in 4,579 Posts

Premium Member

I'm sorry but a gun isn't the panacea that we all like to think it is.

A gun is only good if one has advanced warning of an attack.

Can't do anything if an attacker catches you off guard.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    I'm sorry but a gun isn't the panacea that we all like to think it is.

A gun is only good if one has advanced warning of an attack.

Can't do anything if an attacker catches you off guard.
    The person in Garland Texas who shot those two ISIS sympathizers dead begs to differ.

EDIT

GOD BLESS TEXAS!
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:28 PM
    Liked 7,844 Times in 4,579 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    The person in Garland Texas who shot those two ISIS sympathizers dead begs to differ.

EDIT

GOD BLESS TEXAS!
    I'm sure they would. My point still stands though. Sometimes they come in handy and sometimes not.

We hear all the time, "if only they were armed". Ok but a lot of people who were armed never got a chance to pull the trigger...so again, having a firearm doesn't necessarily mean that an attack would've been thwarted.

15. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    I'm sure they would. My point still stands though. Sometimes they come in handy and sometimes not.

We hear all the time, "if only they were armed". Ok but a lot of people who were armed never got a chance to pull the trigger...so again, having a firearm doesn't necessarily mean that an attack would've been thwarted.
    Maybe, but I'd rather have one than not in that situation.

17. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Maybe, but I'd rather have one than not in that situation.
    In that situation, of course.