The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 10:09 PM
    Liked 11,785 Times in 6,531 Posts

Premium Member

Default Democrats drop Thomas Jefferson and Andrew Jackson from dinner name

Ignorance.

July 22, 2015

Thomas Jefferson and Andrew Jackson are history in Connecticut.

Under pressure from the NAACP, the state Democratic Party will scrub the names of the two presidents from its annual fundraising dinner because of their ties to slavery.

Party leaders voted unanimously Wednesday night in Hartford to rename the Jefferson Jackson Bailey dinner in the aftermath of last month’s fatal shooting of nine worshipers at the historic black church in Charleston, S.C. The decision is believed to be unprecedented and could prompt Democrats in other states with similarly-named events to follow suit.

“I see it as the right thing to do,” Nick Balletto, the party’s first-year chairman, told Hearst Connecticut Media Wednesday night. “I wasn’t looking to be a trailblazer or set off a trend that’s going to affect the rest of the country. Hopefully, they’ll follow suit when they see it’s the right thing to do.”

Democrats cited Jefferson and Jackson’s ownership of slaves as a key factor in the decision, as well as Jackson’s role in the removal of Native Americans from the southeastern U.S. in what was known as the Trail of Tears. In 2005, the school board in the city of Berkeley, Calif., considered a measure to change the name of Thomas Jefferson Elementary School for similar reasons, but the moniker remains.

Scot X. Esdaile, the head of Connecticut’s NAACP, said it was high time for Democrats to rebrand the event.

“I would applaud the current leaders in Connecticut in making the symbolic first step and striving to right the wrongs of the past,” Esdaile said. “You can’t right all the wrongs, but I think it’s a symbolic gesture of our support for their party.”

The decision immediately drew criticism from some historians as a politically correct overstep, including Robert Turner, a law professor at the University of Virginia, which was founded by Jefferson.

“It is a sad and short-sighted decision based upon tragic ignorance,” said Turner, who has written extensively about Jefferson’s legacy.

This December will mark the 150th anniversary of the enactment of the 13th Amendment of the Constitution, which abolished slavery.

“The authors of that amendment purposely chose language drafted by Jefferson in an unsuccessful effort to outlaw slavery in the Northwest Territories as a means of honoring Jefferson’s struggle against slavery,” Turner said. “If (Democrats) understood Jefferson’s lifelong opposition to slavery, they would have reached a different conclusion.”

A new name for the event, which marked its 67th year in June with Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren as its headliner, will be chosen in the fall.

The event’s third namesake, John Bailey, who led the state party and then the Democratic National Committee under Presidents John F. Kennedy and Lyndon Johnson, will likely be preserved. Balletto said blacks and Native Americans are a major constituency of the Democratic Party.

“When something offends someone, it’s beyond being politically correct,” Balletto said. “It just causes a need for change.”

Balletto said Jefferson was a great founding father, but “had some issues.”

“You can’t change history, but you don’t have to honor it,” Balletto said.

http://www.ctpost.com/news/article/D...ew-6400544.php
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:23 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,130 Posts

Premium Member

Thomas Jefferson loved black people...well...one in particular anyway.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

3. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 09:35 PM
    Liked 1,140 Times in 650 Posts

I don't get this party at all and do not want to.
    "Alcoholism, is like, the only disease you can get yelled at for having" - Mitch
    Hedberg

5. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:04 AM
    Liked 1,035 Times in 506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Punch View Post
    I don't get this party at all and do not want to.
    It would be nice if we could just ignore them but as you know, step 1 is to come up with their wacky positions and then step 2 is to force it down the throat of the American people by any means necessary.
    "...it's steak and whiskey time in America." - bklynboy68

7. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 02:06 PM
    Liked 1,863 Times in 732 Posts

Donor

Scot X. Esdaile, the head of Connecticut’s NAACP, said it was high time for Democrats to rebrand the event.

“I would applaud the current leaders in Connecticut in making the symbolic first step and striving to right the wrongs of the past,” Esdaile said. “You can’t right all the wrongs, but I think it’s a symbolic gesture of our support for their party.”

Yeah, that wonderful party that keeps a majority of blacks under their thumbs and on welfare. Unfuckinbelievable. Just wait until the talk about reparations comes back into the fold. It's not far down the road.
    http://nypost.com/2015/07/18/obama-h...race-database/

A key part of President Obama’s legacy will be the fed’s unprecedented collection of sensitive data on Americans by race. The government is prying into our most personal information at the most local levels, all for the purpose of “racial and economic justice.”

This Orwellian-style stockpile of statistics includes a vast and permanent network of discrimination databases, which Obama already is using to make “disparate impact” cases against: banks that don’t make enough prime loans to minorities; schools that suspend too many blacks; cities that don’t offer enough Section 8 and other low-income housing for minorities; and employers who turn down African-Americans for jobs due to criminal backgrounds.

Big Brother Barack wants the databases operational before he leaves office, and much of the data in them will be posted online.

So civil-rights attorneys and urban activist groups will be able to exploit them to show patterns of “racial disparities” and “segregation,” even if no other evidence of discrimination exists.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 6,353 Times in 3,193 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Jesus Christ. This is getting absurd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 08:21 AM
    Liked 4,808 Times in 2,454 Posts

Premium Member

Well might as well start renaming schools and probably a good percentage of surnames if they are going to go this route.

Cities, parks, streets hell why not rename The Jeffersons? Maybe call it "Weeezy?" Got to rename all the albums Jefferson Airplane, Starship, etc came out with.

There can be no more Jackson 5.

Renamed the movie Action Jackson with Carl Weathers. Great flick

Janet......what should I call you if I'm nasty? Miss Jackson won't work because it will immediately bring up the Trail of Tears.

Can't we just ban The Kardashians and Bruce and call it a day?

12. The Following Member Likes This Post: