Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 09:35 PM
    Liked 1,140 Times in 650 Posts

Default California Moving to Open Obamacare to Illegals

This is how fucking dumb liberals are and how I hope this fucking state sinks into the sea:

Fuck you, liberals. Sincerely.

California — the state with the most illegal immigrants — may soon offer Obamacare to those in the country illegally.

Politico reports that despite illegal immigrants being "intentionally excluded" from President Barack Obama’s signature healthcare law, Golden State Sen. Ricardo Lara has spearheaded the Health for All Act.

"We are trying to come up with sensible, progressive policies that help to integrate every Californian," Lara said. "It just makes common sense."

Lara has not discussed the cost of expanding Medi-Cal to low-income illegal immigrants or how the state would pay for it.

Currently, Obamacare prohibits illegal immigrants from enrolling in Medicaid, as well as from receiving subsidies to buy private insurance on the exchange or paying for an Obamacare plan without subsidies.

MSNBC reported last month that the California Senate passed Lara’s bill — by a vote of 28-11 — to allow illegal immigrants to buy health insurance with their own money through the state’s Covered California exchange. To do so, California would need to be granted a waiver by the federal government.

The bill still needs to make it through the state Assembly.

Immigration advocates told Politico that it makes no sense to ban people from purchasing exchange plans with their own money.

"Not allowing certain types of immigrants to pay into the [healthcare] exchange ... is coming back to haunt us fiscally," California Senate President pro Tempore Kevin de León said.

According to the National Review, California has an estimated illegal immigrant
    population of 2.5 million out of 38 million residents. Some 1 million of those illegals do not have health insurance.

California’s Medicaid program already uses state money to insure "DREAMers — the young undocumented immigrants who were protected from deportation under the White House’s 2012 deferred action program," Politico reports, noting that New York, Massachusetts, Illinois and Washington also use state funds to cover undocumented children and the District of Columbia funds coverage for undocumented children and adults.

Proponents of including illegals in the health exchange pool say providing them access benefits the entire system.

"In the absence of federal action on comprehensive immigration reform, states and immigrant communities in the states are just tired of waiting," said Gabrielle Lessard, a health policy attorney at the National Immigration Law Center, told Politico. "It just makes more sense for them as individuals, for the community as a whole, and for the healthcare system."

During the tenure of California Gov. Jerry Brown, the state has already changed laws "granting increased privileges and rights" to those here illegally, according to the National Review.

Last year, Brown signed a law permitting illegal immigrants to get law licenses — the state Supreme Court ruled it was constitutional — though the governor vetoed a law allowing noncitizens to serve on a jury.

And the state assembly voted to allow illegal immigrants to obtain driver’s licenses, something that went into effect in January.
    "Alcoholism, is like, the only disease you can get yelled at for having" - Mitch
    Hedberg

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 08:01 PM
    Liked 6,708 Times in 3,727 Posts

if this keeps up then Canada is gonna have to start building a wall ourselves.

3. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 09:35 PM
    Liked 1,140 Times in 650 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    I warned you about that years ago and don't think for a moment they won't break your laws and demand to be cared for on your dollar. I am considering leaving this state more now than I ever have in my life, I am burning up over this bullshit.
    "Alcoholism, is like, the only disease you can get yelled at for having" - Mitch
    Hedberg

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

A few of Daves, a few of Sams!
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 10:22 PM
    Liked 6,982 Times in 5,015 Posts

Premium Member

We should've started a while ago...
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - a very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 10:09 PM
    Liked 11,785 Times in 6,531 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Punch View Post
    I warned you about that years ago and don't think for a moment they won't break your laws and demand to be cared for on your dollar. I am considering leaving this state more now than I ever have in my life, I am burning up over this bullshit.
    Seriously, why would anyone stay there?
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 10:10 PM
    Liked 1,484 Times in 1,013 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    These assholes are pushing me more and more conservative. Hell, i was a lefty compared to most here when I first came to this site.
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 08:01 PM
    Liked 6,708 Times in 3,727 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
    These assholes are pushing me more and more conservative. Hell, i was a lefty compared to most here when I first came to this site.
    I've been called a communist in here many times and even I think the Democrats are insane on this issue.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 04:29 PM
    Liked 1,961 Times in 984 Posts

I don't even understand the argument. The first word in "Illegal Immigrant" is "ILLEGAL". Round up, ship out.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Push comes to shove
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1,107 Times in 675 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by PCh5150 View Post
    I don't even understand the argument. The first word in "Illegal Immigrant" is "ILLEGAL". Round up, ship out.
    ....exterminate !!!
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

“A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.”