Favorite VH Album

Depends on the Day of the Week
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, D.O.A., TYWH
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 04:39 PM
    Liked 1,323 Times in 795 Posts

Default Guzman's "Great Escape" through mile long tunnel

Mexico's top security official says top drug lord Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman has escaped through a 1.5-kilometer (1 mile) tunnel that opened into the shower area of his cell.

Security Commissioner Monte Alejandro Rubido tells a news conference Sunday that Guzman used an elaborate escape hatch built allegedly without the detection of authorities.

With his escape Guzman has done what Mexican authorities promised would not happen after his re-capture last year — to slip out of a maximum security prison for the second time.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/2015...e61e1adbd.html

~~8 U.S.C. § 1182(f)~~

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 12:54 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/08/americ...ptured-mexico/

'Mission accomplished': Mexican President says 'El Chapo' caught
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

Depends on the Day of the Week
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, D.O.A., TYWH
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 04:39 PM
    Liked 1,323 Times in 795 Posts

El Chapo's soon to be new "digs" . . . .

~~8 U.S.C. § 1182(f)~~

Favorite VH Album

adkot
    Favorite VH Song

she's the woman/hbsd
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 03:03 PM
    Liked 171 Times in 106 Posts

Default Mexican Drug Lord 'El Chapo' Gave Interview to Sean Penn

Mexican drug lord Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman gave an interview to actor Sean Penn in October, while he was a fugitive after escaping from a Mexican prison, according to an article the actor wrote for Rolling Stone.

The interview for Rolling Stone was conducted over a seven-hour meeting, and in follow-up interviews over the phone and in video, Penn says in the article.

Mexican government sources tell ABC news that Penn and Kate del Castillo, the Mexican actress who Penn says helped arrange the meeting, are under investigation for their "interview" with Guzman.

U.S. Department of Justice declined to comment on the Rolling Stone story and whether Sean Penn's interview led authorities to El Chapo.

'El Chapo' Guzman's Desire to Make Biopic Helped Lead to His Capture
    Mexican Drug Lord 'El Chapo' Captured After Months on the Run
    Massive Manhunt for Mexican Drug Lord 'El Chapo,' Who Escaped Prison Using Tunnel
    View galleryMexican Drug Lord 'El Chapo' Gave Interview …
    Mexican Drug Lord 'El Chapo' Gave Interview to Sean Penn (ABC News)
    According to the article, Guzman met Penn in his hideout in Mexico months before his recapture by Mexican marines in his home state of Sinaloa.

Penn says the meeting was arranged with help of Mexican actress Kate del Castillo, with whom he says Guzman was corresponding in an effort to get "the story of his life told on film."

Of his first impressions of Guzman, Penn says: "My mind is an instant flip book to the hundreds of pictures and news reports I had scoured. There is no doubt this is the real deal. He's wearing a casual patterned silk shirt, pressed black jeans, and he appears remarkably well-groomed and healthy for a man on the run."

When the actor asked Guzman at the time about life after escaping and being free, Guzman responded: "Well, as for being free – happy, because freedom is really nice, and pressure, well, for me it's normal, because I've had to be careful for a few years now in certain cities, and, no, I don't feel anything that hurts my health or my mind. I feel good."

Penn writes that when he asked Guzman who is to blame for drug trafficking, the drug lord said: "If there was no consumption, there would be no sales. It is true that consumption, day after day, becomes bigger and bigger. So it sells and sells."

The actor also recalls about receiving a tip that the DEA became aware of his trip to Mexico. "Booking any flight to Mexico now would surely raise red flags," he writes. "I make a plan to hide myself in the trunk of a friend's car and be driven to a waiting rental vehicle."

The interview, posted online Saturday evening, included the disclosure: "Some names have had to be changed, locations not named, and an understanding was brokered with the subject that this piece would be submitted for the subject’s approval before publication. The subject did not ask for any changes."

Drug Lord 'El Chapo' Shown on Video After …Play videoDrug Lord 'El Chapo' Shown on Video After  …
    The DEA and U.S. Marshals have not responded to ABC’s request for comment.

Guzman was captured Friday after months on the run, and was sent back to the same prison he escaped from in July.

He escaped from the Altiplano prison near Mexico City July 11, launching an active manhunt. When guards realized that he was missing from his cell, they found that a ventilated tunnel had been constructed and had an exit via the bathtub inside Guzman's cell. The tunnel extended for about a mile underground and featured an adapted motorcycle on rails that officials believe was used to transport the tools used to create the tunnel, Monte Alejandro Rubido, the head of the Mexican national security commission, said in July.

Guzman had been sent to Altiplano after he was arrested in February 2014. He spent more than 10 years on the run. after escaping from a different prison in 2001. It's unclear exactly how he had escaped, but he did receive help from prison guards who were prosecuted and convicted.

Guzman, the leader of the Sinaloa cartel, was once described by the U.S. Treasury as "the most powerful drug trafficker in the world." The Sinaloa cartel allegedly uses elaborate tunnels for drug trafficking and has been estimated to be responsible for 25 percent of all illegal drugs that enter the U.S. through Mexico.

Guzman has also long been ranked among the richest men in the world by Forbes. Drug enforcement experts have conservatively estimated the cartel's revenues at more than $3 billion annually.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.
    My karma just ran over your dogma

Love 'em all I says
    Let Cupid sort 'em out

https://www.facebook.com/debra.browne.3114

5. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 11:38 AM
    Liked 1,083 Times in 725 Posts

Premium Member

That Penn really gets around. Reporting for Rolling Stone now?

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/01/10...ww.google.com/
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 6,292 Times in 3,165 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood P. View Post
    That Penn really gets around. Reporting for Rolling Stone now?

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/01/10...ww.google.com/
    Sean penn is a weird dude. Why the hell would anyone risk getting shit from our government to interview arguably the most wanted kingpin in the world?

Maybe penn brought back some good blow.

Sent from my iPhone using swagger

8. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 04:08 PM
    Liked 11,719 Times in 6,493 Posts

Premium Member

Report: Sean Penn Under Investigation For Secret Interview with Notorious Mexican Drug Lord ‘El Chapo’

Jan. 10, 2016 

Actor Sean Penn is under investigation for the secret Rolling Stones magazine interview he did with fugitive Mexican drug lord Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman, according to ABC News.

A Mexican official reportedly confirmed to ABC News that Penn is now facing an investigation following the publishing of the controversial interview with one of the world’s most notorious drug lords. Penn was in contact with Guzman for several months – through burner phones and emails, as he details in his piece — and authorities are investigating why the actor did not turn in the wanted man.

Mexico Attorney General Arely Gomez said Friday that Guzman had contacted actors and producers apparently seeking a possible movie about his life which gave law enforcement a lead on tracking and eventually capturing him.

In the interview with Penn, Guzman said that he does not believe that he can be held responsible for the high level of drug addiction in the world.

“No, that is false, because the day I don’t exist, it’s not going to decrease in any way at all,” he said.

Guzman also said that he does not consider himself a violent person.

Mexican officials have confirmed that they will extradite the drug lord to the U.S.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016...lord-el-chapo/
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 11:21 PM
    Liked 3,107 Times in 1,819 Posts

Premium Member

The piece is...interesting. I mean, I think people are sort of fascinated with guys like Guzman. Narcos is a hit for Netflix. Movies about mafia figures, real and made up, are popular in American culture.

As far as I can tell, US puts no obligation on someone in Penn's shoes to help the US government find a fugitive like Guzman. He didn't help him in any way remain concealed, not did he help him elude capture, and journalists pretty much have free reign to interview wanted men like Guzman. Since he was working on assignment from Rolling Stone, he's pretty much protected IMO.

Penn's piece is fascinating in the way Narcos and other work about real mafia or cartel heads is fascinating. In other words, just the security and journey to get to him is fascinating. But you have to wade through a pretty terrible piece of writing that makes Penn the main character, not Guzman. After a preamble about what it took to get the interview that goes on for an incredible amount of time...the interview never really happens, because Guzman has to go on the run again. Penn eventually submits questions and gets a video of Guzman back, but the questions were put through the filter of his people and not subject to follow up, so the whole climax to the story is a huge let down.

But let's put it this way. On his journey to Guzman, Penn writes about urinating outside before hopping into another vehicle, and taking a moment to look at his dick to say goodbye just in case someone decides to cut it off if things go wrong. He also writes about farting in front of Guzman. He also tends to use about 5 words whenever one would do. If you're interested in how much red tape there was to get to Guzman, read that and then stop, because that is as good as it gets.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 04:07 PM
    Liked 1,383 Times in 758 Posts

Apparently the tunnel for his escape cost more than $1 million to build, with rails so that a specially fitted motorcycle could be used as a vehicle on them? German engineers were brought in to help. His escape tunnel was like a construction project for a multi-million dollar corporation!
    Little Dreamer

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 11:21 PM
    Liked 3,107 Times in 1,819 Posts

Premium Member

According to Penn's article, Guzman's engineers were sent to Germany for three months to get special training on constructing a tunnel with a shallow water table. They also had to redesign the bike's motor to work in a tunnel without much oxygen.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 08:36 PM
    Liked 2,230 Times in 1,348 Posts

I found the whole mess unreadable due to its self indulgence

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K. 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Feels So Good (deal with it...
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 12:46 PM
    Liked 426 Times in 228 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    I found the whole mess unreadable due to its self indulgence
    Holy crap! You ain't kidding! I tried to read it. I really did. That is the worst form of writing out there. Self-serving, ego stroking. But lots and lots of big words.
    Signature not currently available. You aren't missing much.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 04:32 PM
    Liked 18,050 Times in 8,921 Posts

I have a strong dislike for Sean Penn as a person.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 04:07 PM
    Liked 1,383 Times in 758 Posts

He rocked "Fast Times," though.
    Little Dreamer