Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Down in Flames
    Last Online

12.06.17 @ 01:26 PM
    Liked 200 Times in 83 Posts

I know you're riding the high of a great fun show, but the digs at Sammy are cracking me up. This isn't a "Sammy friendly site". It's a VH-friendly site. Well, mostly... haha! I don't think there are very many people pining for, or expecting the return of Sam.

Anyhoo... I'm glad you had a great show. I hope they keep getting even better and tighter. My excitement is building for Red Rocks! Just over a week to go!
    Posted from yo' mama's house.

2. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little guitars
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 10:15 PM
    Liked 1,150 Times in 515 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fabulous Picasso View Post
    ... The Youtube videos, as great as they have been, does not do justice to the live performance.
    .... .

Sure! i always listened the audio with headphones ! some fans are doing real good job!

Happy you said that it was a great show !!

Good Enough
    Last Online

11.29.17 @ 01:23 AM
    Liked 57 Times in 23 Posts

5. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:58 PM
    Liked 11,728 Times in 6,498 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Rover View Post
    I must be missing something, how do I get the vertical display to be horizontal??
    Ask her nicely.

"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

7. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Whoa, this is heavy! Jedi McFly's Avatar
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 08:42 PM
    Liked 2,852 Times in 1,066 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by uncle ted View Post
    well, soundcheck started 4:50, (20 min late). I forgot to mention they played DDL also.
    It's expensive, but if you have the cash available it's good. I have another show to atend with no VIP, my wife is joking that we need to score them again. amazing seats (2nd row center), no lines, no stress. The only thing missing is a meet and greet. If they tour again, I'd consider doing it another time. I have photos on the camera, i'll upload them when I return to Brazil.
    Thanks for the report, glad you had fun. Were photos/phones allowed during sound check? It looks like you were right up front against the stage barrier for it?

Hang 'Em High James in New York's Avatar
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:24 PM
    Liked 2,067 Times in 670 Posts

"I hope I'm doing alright, man, you motherfuckers got me HIGH!"
    - EVH

Whew, what a solo!!

Fashion your life as a garland of good deeds.

- Buddha

10. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

A few of Daves, a few of Sams!
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 09:54 PM
    Liked 6,969 Times in 5,005 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by James in New York View Post
    "I hope I'm doing alright, man, you motherfuckers got me HIGH!"
    - EVH

Whew, what a solo!!

AWESOME !!!
    Real close video of that solo. Every night of this tour seems to be like Christmas..., without the annoying in-laws! Haha
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - a very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

12. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Hang 'Em High James in New York's Avatar
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:24 PM
    Liked 2,067 Times in 670 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RRvh1 View Post
    AWESOME !!!
    Real close video of that solo. Every night of this tour seems to be like Christmas..., without the annoying in-laws! Haha
    Ha!!!! YES!!!

It's INCREDIBLE!!!
    Fashion your life as a garland of good deeds.

- Buddha

14. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fabulous Picasso View Post
    Just got back from seeing them. Spent an hour just to get out the parking lot. I've seen the last two tours and by far and away, this is their best show since the 80's. The highlight for me was near the beginning, Dave said something like, "I'm David Lee Roth, this *is* Van Halen and we ain't going nowhere and we're going to be around a long F-ing time!" The crowd went nuts. Diamond Dave is truly back, cocky and singing absolutely great.

I took it as a personal message from the band to those that think there may be problems after the Billboard interview. I haven't heard Dave talk like that since the 80's. Full of confidence and his old swagger. A big stab to the heart of all Van Hagar fans or anybody who thinks Sammy has a chance to come back in the band. THANK GOD! Sorry, I know this a Van Hagar-friendly site, I don't want to cause problems, but that's how it is and it must be said.

The whole band was tight. Exceeded my expectations, even after watching the first 3 of the tour on Youtube. This is the best concert so far. Cry me a river, Sammy, there is only one Van Halen, and it never involved you and it never will!

Place seemed only about 1/2 to 3/4 full when they started, but filled up quickly, Probably 90-95 percent full in the seats. Ed talked more than he normally does (which is usually never), and Dave talked for days during EWS and ICM. They were pushing how this was their "home" and gave a truly awesome concert. The Youtube videos, as great as they have been, does not do justice to the live performance.

The crowd was vocal on all songs, not so much when the ADKOT stuff started, but Chinatown was extremely tight, Dave did well. Wolfie broke out good on Dirty Movies. LUTS was received very well and was a great opener. Unchained sounded the best I've heard since the 80's. Romeo Delight - awesome. Dave talked about brown M and M's and the Hollywoood days during Ice Cream Man.

Ed's solo was incredible. He did the Little Guitars intro, Mean Street intro, Eruption and it seemed a bit longer this show. He seemed to ad some tweaks to Cathedral. Acoustics were very good. Sat in the loge near center.

Great to see Dave and Ed and Al back at the Us Festival site and they brought it like every fan only dreamed they would I am not kidding. People on the way out were all talking about how badass the show was... great show if you are a classic VH fan, terrible news for Hagar fans. VH sent a strong message tonight. They are here to stay folks. They have heard your gripes. They are bringing it big time. I never have been louder at a concert. I thought they kind of mailed it in their last two tours, but this time they are a band, they are on the same page and they showed it.

Thank you VAN HALEN!

Also wanted to add that some guy ran on stage from Wolfie's side during HFT. He stood in front of Ed holding some type of banner, It seemed to take forever for security to notice. Dave joked about it being some wrestler or something. Ed played on like a pro. Only real screwup was the beginning of DTNA. They redid the beginning because something happened with Dave. I almost thought he hurt his nose again. LOL... but no joke, DTNA was one of the best received songs of the night, No joking. It is a crowd favorite like Panama, RWTD and Unchained. These are anthems people, Van Hagar didn't bring you anthems. They were not songs that cause a whole audience to sing along. That is the difference. Dave is the only singer for Van Halen.
    Saw this post on the VHND... Someone (not me) posted right underneath it there;

"Calm down son. No anthems? What about all those #1 singles? Don't get too comfortable... Dave might not be going anywhere, but the other three sure are..." LOL
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Favorite VH Album

All 7
    Last Online

12.23.16 @ 05:38 AM
    Liked 620 Times in 218 Posts

Reading tons of tweets and captions from Instagram from last night (and the last 3 shows) and it is just overwhelmingly positive. A ton of comments like "best show I've ever seen" "Amazing" etc.
    Plus all the articles and reviews I've read thus far are all positive too.
    They're just smoking so far!
    "I ain't complainin', you do the best with what you got."

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning & 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:25 PM
    Liked 106 Times in 43 Posts

This tour seems to have all both a solid and creative Dave and a healthy, happy and creative Eddie. Wolf really stays back, but his talent is endless. Alex was awesome as well. 2 stage crashers. One guy had a 8.5x11 picture of two people and he waved it in Ed's face while bowing to him. Orchestra 1 seats were originally numbered backwards so if you bought seat 25 row L to be in the middle right in front of Ed, you ended u all the way far right in obstructed seats at the wings. They fixed it to avert a riot.

18. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning & 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

Default 07.11.15 - San Bernardino, CA - San Manuel Amphitheater - DISCUSSION/REVIEWS,...

Best show I've seen of them since Roth was back. And I saw 07 and 12.

Much better for me than the 5150 tour and better than the Eat em and skyscraper tours although they were fun.

Just too many long lost amazing hits performed well to not be blown the fuck away...

20. The Following 5 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning & 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

One more point - Dave was really great on LUTS and China Town. He really stuck to the melody.

He needed to restart Dance the Night Away, cause he choked on the first line. His new melody on that song is lame, but he seems to love it even to the extent of restarting the song to get it right.

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Premium Member

I haven't watched any complete shows yet, but the clips I've seen are pretty amazing.
    The new/deep cuts are really cool - although I don't care much for "Rhyme". LUTS, DDL, and Dirty Movies are just smokin'!!!

I hope those get played in Toronto. FYLT is another one I've always wanted to see live.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

01.07.17 @ 09:56 AM
    Liked 61 Times in 20 Posts

This person has a bunch of great videos from last night on YT

24. The Following 4 Members Like This Post: