Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Last Online

10.29.15 @ 04:06 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 15 Posts

Just a thought on the recent drama:

It's quite possible Ed was just having a bad day with his recent comments-
    One of the coolest things about Van Halen is that they let it all hang out, they've never been pretentious. They never played it up to the degree some bands do and just were regular folks even though it was frowned on...maybe just a bad day?
    You guys are lucky- the tour will go ahead and it will rock- us poor suckers in Oz wont get to see 'em!
    Ed will say something different after the first gig- betcha!

Had to edit:
    If you watch the movie 'Still Crazy' it's all a bit the same- at some point I think Ed will get together with Mike and Sammy and (to them) it'll be a great big laugh!
    These guys are musos- NOT p.r people, they seem to put their foot in it in interviews. AC/DC are the same: phenominal stage and studio show but to be honest their interviews are boring as batshit- they ain't p.r ...MUSO'S!!!
    You guys in the states enjoy the gigs- wish I could be there with ya- have one for me!
    Last edited by WDFA5150; 07.09.15 at 01:55 AM.
    I used to be 'sean112' but lost all my details!

2. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:28 AM
    Liked 739 Times in 407 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by WDFA5150 View Post
    It's quite possible Ed was just having a bad day with his recent comments-
    One of the coolest things about Van Halen is that they let it all hang out, they've never been pretentious.
    I agree w/ the sentiment of what you're saying. However,
    - Van Halen letting it all hang out? They're rarely forthcoming w/ any information. Let us not forget the cones of silence between 2007 - 2012; where us fans were dying for any nugget of life, and we got a goose egg.
    - Wolf is the most grounded / in touch w/ reality person in Van Halen. Ed / Dave are just in a different league of perception IMO (not in a negative way) - they just see themselves differently. Al just does what Ed does.

Again - I agree w/ your sentiment. My opinion is that if you want to see them, love the music and are having fun, have at it.
    Winners come and go; legends are forever.

4. The Following 5 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, DDL, Dirty Movies
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:56 AM
    Liked 1,605 Times in 742 Posts

Premium Member

at some point I think Ed will get together with Mike and Sammy and (to them) it'll be a great big laugh!
    !
    and maybe they can all play together at Paul McCartney & Yoko Ono's wedding.....

Its not going to happen dude.
    If you have nothing nice to say about Eddie Van Halen, you're at the right website. - Me (A few years ago)

"People take Van Halen much more seriously than we do" - David Lee Roth (1980's)

"I don't sit on the end of your bed while you're trying to make a living" - David Lee Roth (1988)

"For some reason people love to complain about everything. The internet has made it easy for people to do that. Shut the fuck up and get a life, or show me how good you can do it."- Edward Van Halen

"A lot of people ask me which Van Halen singer was better. You can't compare them. It's like asking which guitarist is better. Nobody is better than anybody. Every player is their own person."-Edward Van Halen

"I do like Eddie Van Halen as a player. He gets it right quite often." -Paul McCartney

6. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Last Online

07.31.17 @ 10:58 PM
    Liked 94 Times in 60 Posts

Well said by you guys they totally let it all hang out. It is just too bad when Ed says he is all about creating music and storing tapes, but hiding it all in 5150 isn't really a way to get people to hear it at all period, and Dave being in NYC or Tokyo isn't really helping the new music process either. They have strange priorities when it comes to their musical career, not their personal lives.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Push comes to shove
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1,106 Times in 675 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchie5150 View Post
    and maybe they can all play together at Paul McCartney & Yoko Ono's wedding.....

Its not going to happen dude.
    Piss on her and Paul
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

“A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.”

Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:03 AM
    Liked 1,878 Times in 1,097 Posts

I'd like to think that it was "just a bad day" for Ed but honestly, he's done this on a few different occasions. He ragged the shit out of Mike on Stern a few years ago (the same interview where he claimed he cured his cancer) but honestly he sounded like he was a 3 month bender in that interview.

Ed is a strange chap. I think everyone here wants to love the guy cause he seemed like such a down to earth guy for so long but since 96 he's just seemed very erratic and strange to me. he's got this "it's everyone else's fault" complex or if you're not named "Van Halen" somehow you can't live up to his expectations....it's really weird to me.

Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 11:38 PM
    Liked 16,482 Times in 9,340 Posts

Only the mediocre are always at their best ...

"It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you"

"Be careful what you wish for because you just might lose what you already have"

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

Last Online

12.08.17 @ 09:45 AM
    Liked 7,610 Times in 3,989 Posts

If you watch the movie 'Still Crazy' it's all a bit the same- at some point I think Ed will get together with Mike and Sammy and (to them) it'll be a great big laugh!
    I can totally see that happening, though the only thing i'd add, is that each of them will arrive onstage riding unicorns,
    as the audience erupts in cheers!

Favorite VH Album

Balance/Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

any that Mike played and sang
    Last Online

05.26.16 @ 06:55 PM
    Liked 182 Times in 99 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by japeape View Post
    I can totally see that happening, though the only thing i'd add, is that each of them will arrive onstage riding unicorns,
    as the audience erupts in cheers!
    Why dont you guys just say what you mean, which is you hope it will never happen. Not trying to be mean here...Its obvious though that Sam , Ed ,and Mike ever making up is considered a threat to some.
    AKA Kevohman and KevohmanII

13. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Eruption
    Favorite VH Song

Secrets
    Last Online

11.01.17 @ 03:25 PM
    Liked 607 Times in 299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Al just does what Ed does.
    i wonder when Al just became Ed's Yes Man. When you read stuff about the early days of VH (and I'm sure Greg's upcoming book will have lots of examples of this) it always seemed to me that Al was a bit of the leader (along with Dave.) At least as far as what they should be doing, etc. Ed seemed to just be sitting in his room playing and writing music.
    A new short film I made, please like/follow:
    http://facebook.com/umbrellashortfilm

15. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Women And Children First
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

07.25.17 @ 10:53 PM
    Liked 314 Times in 157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bad to the Bone View Post
    I'd like to think that it was "just a bad day" for Ed but honestly, he's done this on a few different occasions. He ragged the shit out of Mike on Stern a few years ago (the same interview where he claimed he cured his cancer) but honestly he sounded like he was a 3 month bender in that interview.

Ed is a strange chap. I think everyone here wants to love the guy cause he seemed like such a down to earth guy for so long but since 96 he's just seemed very erratic and strange to me. he's got this "it's everyone else's fault" complex or if you're not named "Van Halen" somehow you can't live up to his expectations....it's really weird to me.
    One word: alcoholism

Alcoholics love to blame everyone around them for their own problems

Ed shouldn't have ever said anything regarding Mike recently. If he's not willing to divulge the real reason why he doesn't like Mike to the world instead of being vague as hell about it, then he needs to shut his mouth forever about it. All he did was make himself look really bad. Especially when he had got back into the good graces of fans. Ed is his own worst enemy. It's too bad that he still hasn't ever completed the 12 step program. Because if he had, he would have made amends to everyone he's ever slagged. Instead they sent him to one of those "Club Med" type of rehab places like Passages in Malibu for the rich and famous. What a joke they are. I'm convinced that Ed is (and has) been taking some sort of meds to keep his addiction from ever re-surfacing again. Perhaps the day of this interview, he forgot to take them and was on edge.

One thing that I knew for sure would happen, is when they started the tour, all would be forgiven. I still don't think he deserves a free pass for his comments.

17. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 12:23 AM
    Liked 7,837 Times in 4,573 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hide Your Sheep View Post
    i wonder when Al just became Ed's Yes Man. When you read stuff about the early days of VH (and I'm sure Greg's upcoming book will have lots of examples of this) it always seemed to me that Al was a bit of the leader (along with Dave.) At least as far as what they should be doing, etc. Ed seemed to just be sitting in his room playing and writing music.
    I too, wonder when Al sold his soul to his younger brother.

He used to beat the shit out of Ed according to Dave. Lol

19. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 12:23 AM
    Liked 7,837 Times in 4,573 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by 10after12 View Post
    It's too bad that he still hasn't ever completed the 12 step program. Because if he had, he would have made amends to everyone he's ever slagged.
    That's precisely WHY he would never go the 12 step route.

12 step is THE program for alcoholics. I think Ed has even said, somewhere, that it wasnt for him. I'm paraphrasing.

He doesn't want to actually apologize or make amends. In his mind...he's justified.

21. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Balance/Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

any that Mike played and sang
    Last Online

05.26.16 @ 06:55 PM
    Liked 182 Times in 99 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    I too, wonder when Al sold his soul to his younger brother.

He used to beat the shit out of Ed according to Dave. Lol
    Sam said the same thing....Ed and Al would get into fist fights with each other, but if you tried to get in between them, they would stick together always, no matter what. Maybe this morphed into Ed always getting what he wants after all his issues.
    AKA Kevohman and KevohmanII

Favorite VH Album

FAIR WARNING
    Favorite VH Song

Dirty Movies & Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 09:49 PM
    Liked 5,127 Times in 2,425 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bad to the Bone View Post

Think it's been since 1986 (or likely earlier) -- But 96 after Sam is where it went really off the rails