Register
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 01:16 PM
    Liked 11,732 Times in 6,500 Posts

Premium Member

Russia may ban Soros charity in NGO crackdown

Hedge fund billionaire George Soros's charitable foundation may be kicked out of Russia, as Moscow considers banning foreign non-governmental organizations (NGO) that promote democracy.

TASS, Russia's state-owned media service, reported on Wednesday that the Federation Council would consider a "stop list" of NGOs accused of carrying out "soft aggression" in the country.

Twelve organizations are on the "patriotic 'stop list,'" including Soros' grant-making foundation. It aims to promote "vibrant and tolerant democracies whose governments are accountable to their citizens," according to the Open Society Foundations website, which was founded by Soros.

CNBC believes this is the "Soros Foundation" to which TASS refers. However, Open Society Foundations was not immediately available to comment.

Other U.S.-led organizations on the list include the National Endowment for Democracy, the MacArthur Foundation and the Freedom House, plus the East European Democratic Center. In total, the list features seven U.S. organizations, three Ukrainian ones and two from Poland.

TASS cited a draft decree that said Russia was up against an "attack on its national interests," with power exerted with the help of NGOS, including those funded by foreign states.

This attack was aimed at "undermining the patriotic unity" of Russia.

Russia under Putin has appeared to take an increasingly authoritarian line on media and charitable organizations viewed as critical of Moscow. In May, for instance, Russia's media authority told Google, Twitter and Facebook that they risked being blocked if they did not reveal the identity of all bloggers with more than 3,000 daily readers.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102817345
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

2. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Last Online

08.07.17 @ 08:14 PM
    Liked 313 Times in 149 Posts

Donor

I'm sure there's a special place in Hell for Soros along with his buddies Rockefeller and Kissinger...
    Jet City Super Stealth
    Marshall 50th Anniversary JCM-1H and Class 5 Combo
    Austin Speaker Works KTS-60

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Thumbs up Prosecutors ban Soros Foundation as ‘threat to Russian national security’

30 Nov, 2015

The Russian Prosecutor General’s Office has recognized George Soros’s Open Society Institute and another affiliated organization as undesirable groups, banning Russian citizens and organizations from participation in any of their projects.

In a statement released on Monday, prosecutors said the activities of the Open Society Institute and the Open Society Institute Assistance Foundation were a threat to the foundations of Russia’s Constitutional order and national security. They added that the Justice Ministry would be duly informed about these conclusions and would add the two groups to Russia’s list of undesirable foreign organizations.

Prosecutors launched a probe into the activities of the two organizations - both sponsored by the well-known US financier George Soros - in July this year, after Russian senators approved the so-called “patriotic stop-list” of 12 groups that required immediate attention over their supposed anti-Russian activities. Other groups on the list included the National Endowment for Democracy; the International Republican Institute; the National Democratic Institute; the MacArthur Foundation and Freedom House.

In late July, the Russian Justice Ministry recognized the US National Endowment for Democracy as an undesirable group after prosecutors discovered the US NGO had spent millions on attempts to question the legitimacy of Russian elections and tarnish the prestige of national military service.

The Law on Undesirable Foreign Organizations came into force in early June this year. It requires the Prosecutor General’s Office and the Foreign Ministry to draw up an official list of undesirable foreign organizations and outlaw their activities. Once a group is recognized as undesirable, its assets in Russia must be frozen, its offices closed and the distribution of any of its materials must be banned.

If the ban is violated, the personnel of the outlawed group and any Russian citizens who cooperate with them could face heavy fines, or even prison terms in the case of repeated or aggravated offences.

The Soros Foundation started working in Russia in the mid-1990s, but wrapped up its active operations in 2003.

https://www.rt.com/politics/323919-s...s-undesirable/
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Last Online

12.12.17 @ 01:13 PM
    Liked 1,472 Times in 1,003 Posts

Premium Member

I can't believe that guy is still alive.
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 02:06 PM
    Liked 1,384 Times in 759 Posts

I guess you guys are not big First Amendment supporters?
    Little Dreamer

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post
    I guess you guys are not big First Amendment supporters?
    I guess you have no clue what Soros is actually all about?