Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 09:11 PM
    Liked 6,670 Times in 3,696 Posts

Default Happy 4th of July

Happy birthday to the best neighbours around (but try to keep the noise down this year).

2. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 12:58 PM
    Liked 1,083 Times in 725 Posts

Premium Member

Happy 4th to everyone! Stay safe!
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 02:36 AM
    Liked 1,463 Times in 898 Posts

Happy Birthday USA!!
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 06:23 PM
    Liked 1,961 Times in 984 Posts

Happy 4th! Hope everyone has a great and safe weekend!

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

A few of Daves, a few of Sams!
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 01:08 AM
    Liked 6,969 Times in 5,005 Posts

Premium Member

Happy 4th of July, to the U.S. Linkers and their families!
    Have a rip roarin' weekend and play safe.

Cheers
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - a very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

Depends on the Day of the Week
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, D.O.A., TYWH
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 11:59 PM
    Liked 1,326 Times in 796 Posts

~~8 U.S.C. § 1182(f)~~

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 03:36 PM
    Liked 463 Times in 220 Posts

Near Vegas in the Moapa Valley, there's a kickass fireworks store...and what goes better with fireworks?...alcohol!!

81' Rules

9. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 08:10 PM
    Liked 1,343 Times in 921 Posts

Happy birthdate to U.S.! Hope everyone has a fun and safe weekend and can return to work on Monday with all of your digits intact. Was going to find one of the fireworks to visit tonight, but I think I'll just stay home and watch the race. Just wish they'd have them at the beach. On the fourth of July.

Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

Depends on the Day of the Week
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, D.O.A., TYWH
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 11:59 PM
    Liked 1,326 Times in 796 Posts

The Full Version - All Stanzas of the National Anthem...

~~8 U.S.C. § 1182(f)~~

12. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:58 PM
    Liked 11,728 Times in 6,498 Posts

Premium Member

Man Cited for Playing the National Anthem on the Fourth of July Rejects Community Service Deal: ‘To Me, That Is Admitting Guilt’

Jul. 30, 2015

•On July 4, Lane Pittman was issued a citation to appear in court after police said he ignored their request that he stop playing his electric guitar on public property in Neptune Beach, Florida.

•Pittman, who amassed a large crowd while he played “The Star-Spangled Banner” argues he did nothing wrong and received permission from another officer to move his performance from the street to the sidewalk.

•Pittman rejected a plea deal in court on July 27 that would drop charges if he agreed to do community service.

•“To me, that is admitting guilt. I would be admitting a guilt that is nonexistent.”

His leg positioned on his amp, Lane Pittman plucked “The Star-Spangled Banner” on his electric guitar on the Fourth of July in Neptune Beach, Florida.

People dropped their bikes and began to cheer, joining a crowd that eventually amassed up to 300 people, while the entertainer wearing an American flag shirt and socks continued the national anthem, the crowd singing the words.

But the show of a patriotism was not long lived.

A more than three-minute video shows Pittman transition to a Ted Nugent tune after finishing “The Star-Spangled Banner” and the crowd then shouts “Jaxon de Ville,” referencing the NFL Jacksonville Jaguar’s mascot, a post Pittman apparently aspires to hold.

By three minutes into the video though, the Neptune Beach police were seen talking to Pittman. He packed up his guitar and peacefully walked off with police who issued him a citation.

Pittman receiving a “Notice to Appear” citation made both local and national news at the time, but most recently he appeared in court where he rejected a plea deal that would have let him off with community service. In a Facebook post, which no longer appears on his page but was reported by the site Legal Insurrection, Pittman wrote:

UPDATE: just got out of court and they have decided to push back the situation to ANOTHER court date on Aug. 27th. During the time in between this, the State Attorney will decide to either file this or not. They gave me a diversion deal to where I could do a bunch of community service and the arrest goes away and I said no. To me, that is admitting guilt. I would be admitting a guilt that is nonexistent. Thank you everyone for the prayers and support! Praying God is glorified through all of this no matter what the outcome is!!

Pittman’s lawyer Caleb Rowland said his client is “committed to seeing this through trial, if necessary,” Legal Insurrection reported.

“[Pittman] believes, and I completely agree, he did nothing illegal, and was simply celebrating his freedoms as an American by playing one hell of a version of the National Anthem on Independence Day,” Rowland said.

In his description of the original video showing his Fourth of July performance, Pittman gave a some more context about his interactions with police that day and explained that he’s not one to openly defy authority (emphasis added):

I originally set up in the middle of the street but was told by an officer that I was going to go to jail if I kept playing and that I couldn’t play in the street. I then asked if I could just move it back to the side walk and the officer said yes. So I did. After I got done, multiple officers came up to me and said they “just needed to talk to me.” I thought I was in the clear because the original officer told me it was okay to play on the sidewalk. I guess he failed to let his fellow officers know because they detained me and threatened to take me downtown for it. I do not promote deliberately defying authority. I endorse good character and fun times within the system. I did not have a drop of alcohol in my system and was just trying to be as patriotic as I can, legally, on the day of our independence. So, before rumors spread, this is to clarify ANYTHING being said among the public. I have youth that I teach small groups at in church. I have youth that I coach. I would never, for a second, want them to think that intentionally rebelling against authority is something that I am for. Nor do I want the parents of those youth to think that. I am very thankful for the support of THE greatest family, friends, and fans in the entire world. I love all of ya’ll more than you can ever know. Please feel free to share this video to anyone out there. AMERICA!!

Shortly after Pittman’s arrest went viral, Neptune Beach Police Chief David Sembach issued a statement explaining more about the arrest.

“This case was about the police having the responsibility to keep roadways and sidewalks traversable and as safe as possible. From our perspective, Mr. Pittman was the catalyst of the large group of people who had gathered in the roadway and sidewalks,” Sembach wrote. “This prohibited or severely delayed the response of emergency personnel. If we let the guitar playing continue and something terrible happened, we would be criticized for that as well. The way it was handled, no one was hurt and no property was destroyed.”

Sembach went on to point out the harm a large crowd, in which some members are also consuming alcohol, could pose to private property.

“The crowd was not terribly unruly, but that can change in a fraction of a second,” Sembach said. “I have limited resources and manpower to manage and control an intoxicated crowd of people. Many, if not most, of the folks in the roadway were not Neptune Beach residents.”

Sembach said his officers warned Pittman to stop playing all together and when he didn’t, due to whatever misunderstanding, they approached him again and gave him a “Notice to Appear.”

Sembach went on to thank Pittman for not being one of the people who targeted the police department with “hate filled diatribe” after the incident and even extended an olive branch, saying that “moving forward we wish Mr. Pittman the best of luck with his entertainment career.”

Legal Insurrection reported that Pittman’s legal team filed a motion to dismiss the charge, and a new court date currently stands for August 27.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015...mitting-guilt/
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

Premium Member

Kinda looks like Dave Mustaine. What was the Ted Nugent song, I wonder. Cat Scratch? maybe that's what set the cops off.

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 08:10 PM
    Liked 1,343 Times in 921 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood P. View Post
    Kinda looks like Dave Mustaine. What was the Ted Nugent song, I wonder. Cat Scratch? maybe that's what set the cops off.
    "Stranglehold"

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:58 PM
    Liked 11,728 Times in 6,498 Posts

Premium Member

Default GOD BLESS AMERICA

Declaration of Independence

"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

17. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

Premium Member

Happy 4th Everybody!

Good story from the local rag.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...ourth-pisanos/

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 02:23 AM
    Liked 6,815 Times in 3,564 Posts

Premium Member