Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 966 Times in 387 Posts

Default live nation offers ticket exchanges..improve your seats!

http://concerts.livenation.com/h/ret..._nav_1_returns

Refund & Exchange Policy
    Refunds and exchanges are available for tickets for participating venues and teams.

Refunds
    Get a full refund on tickets for participating venues and teams if you change your mind within 72 hours of purchase. Call 800-653-8000.

Exchanges
    Don't suffer from seat envy. If you see seats you prefer that are the same price or higher for your event, call 800-653-8000 to exchange the ones you have and just pay the difference, if any. Tickets bought at a Ticketmaster retail location must be exchanged at the same location. One exchange per person, per event.

We can't refund or exchange tickets for events that are less than 7 days away, and we can't refund or exchange resale ticket purchases for TM+ events.

Some non-participating venues (and artists, teams, etc.) have a "no refunds or exchanges" policy. But if the event is close and you can't make it, we'll do everything we can to help. Contact us!

------------------------------

i improved my seats big time...17 rows closer, same price, just for a few minutes on the phone.

since the tour isn't selling eel chances are you will see seats closer popping up within same price range. thought some of you would enjoy this possibility.
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

2. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

12.05.17 @ 07:19 PM
    Liked 43 Times in 9 Posts

JMJ, thank you for this. I called and upgraded two different pairs of tickets for Bonner Springs, KS. Moved one pair (for friends) from upper level to row 27 lower level. More importantly, moved seats for me and my boy from lower level Row K to lower level Row E! Can't wait.

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 03:42 AM
    Liked 1,861 Times in 730 Posts

Donor

Great info JMJ. I've used this a few times in the past few years to upgrade seats.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 07:55 PM
    Liked 93 Times in 48 Posts

Thanks for the heads up. I was able to upgrade to 14th row center stage.

Sent from the Batcave.

Whoa, this is heavy! Jedi McFly's Avatar
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 04:13 AM
    Liked 2,852 Times in 1,066 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

This is an awesome tool, but it totally backfired on me once. A few years back I tried upgrading some seats for another show and found out that the process requires that they release your tickets before reserving the new seats. Well, in the middle of the process somebody online beat me Live Nation rep to the seats that I wanted, and she couldn't give me back my original seats either. So, even after escalating through layers of management on the phone I was left with worse seats at the end of the day.

I decided to take it up with Live Nation reps in person at my venue and they ended up giving me and my friends an un-used VIP Box. So it all worked out in the end, but it was incredibly frustrating and risky.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 966 Times in 387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi McFly View Post
    This is an awesome tool, but it totally backfired on me once. A few years back I tried upgrading some seats for another show and found out that the process requires that they release your tickets before reserving the new seats. Well, in the middle of the process somebody online beat me Live Nation rep to the seats that I wanted, and she couldn't give me back my original seats either. So, even after escalating through layers of management on the phone I was left with worse seats at the end of the day.

I decided to take it up with Live Nation reps in person at my venue and they ended up giving me and my friends an un-used VIP Box. So it all worked out in the end, but it was incredibly frustrating and risky.
    interesting dave. when i was on the phone with the girl who took my call she said let me make sure i can get those seats first. then she released my other ones.

how ru doing?
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Whoa, this is heavy! Jedi McFly's Avatar
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 04:13 AM
    Liked 2,852 Times in 1,066 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by JMJ View Post
    interesting dave. when i was on the phone with the girl who took my call she said let me make sure i can get those seats first. then she released my other ones.

how ru doing?
    Well maybe a few more folks like me got screwed over and they changed the process for the better! It seems like a bunch of you are having really good success at upgrading your seats, which is awesome.

Edit: JMJ, I tried to PM you to chat, but your inbox is full!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.28.15 @ 09:24 AM
    Liked 28 Times in 16 Posts

I tried to get 100 level for show in Buffalo They had them on website for regular price
    when I called they told me they those are VIP seats and can only purchase them for full price online and VIP price over phone. Can I buy it online and exchange my other ticket?

Good Enough
    Last Online

11.29.17 @ 01:23 AM
    Liked 57 Times in 23 Posts

So what they going do with some of these venues looking less the half full? I know they are probably still making $$ but do the band really want to play to a bunch of empty seats? Maybe everyone on the lawns will be pushed forward?

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for teacher
    Last Online

06.16.16 @ 05:14 AM
    Liked 505 Times in 231 Posts

I saw this thread after I decided to upgrade. Went from row 27 off to the very far right to row 14 center. Cannot fucking wait!
    "Give me somethin' to write on, man"

12. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

07.22.15 @ 08:13 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by JMJ View Post
    http://concerts.livenation.com/h/ret..._nav_1_returns

Refund & Exchange Policy
    Refunds and exchanges are available for tickets for participating venues and teams.

Refunds
    Get a full refund on tickets for participating venues and teams if you change your mind within 72 hours of purchase. Call 800-653-8000.

Exchanges
    Don't suffer from seat envy. If you see seats you prefer that are the same price or higher for your event, call 800-653-8000 to exchange the ones you have and just pay the difference, if any. Tickets bought at a Ticketmaster retail location must be exchanged at the same location. One exchange per person, per event.

We can't refund or exchange tickets for events that are less than 7 days away, and we can't refund or exchange resale ticket purchases for TM+ events.

Some non-participating venues (and artists, teams, etc.) have a "no refunds or exchanges" policy. But if the event is close and you can't make it, we'll do everything we can to help. Contact us!

------------------------------

i improved my seats big time...17 rows closer, same price, just for a few minutes on the phone.

since the tour isn't selling eel chances are you will see seats closer popping up within same price range. thought some of you would enjoy this possibility.

I just got off the phone with Ticketmaster and upgraded from row KK to row E on Wolfies side for the Bonner Springs show on 7/22. I really appreciate you posting this. It is going to be a much better experience for an extra $60.
    Last edited by Big Red Clay; 07.06.15 at 09:47 AM.

Last Online

12.11.17 @ 09:01 PM
    Liked 695 Times in 281 Posts

Sweet! Thanks for posting.

I just went from the far side to the middle. Still pretty far back, but it's still way better than where I was.

15. The Following Member Likes This Post: