Favorite VH Album

All Classic DLR Era
    Favorite VH Song

All Classic DLR Era
    Last Online

09.12.17 @ 08:35 AM
    Liked 31 Times in 16 Posts

Default From Billboard Magazine out June 19

Interview with Eddie. Check out # 5. I just don't get this guy. He has absolutely no clue what the fans want.

http://m.billboard.com/entry/view/id/129757
    I can't remember which comedian said it, about the current state of Van Halen, but he said right now, Van Halen is like a really hot playboy playmate with a prosthetic leg.

BRING BACK THE CLASSIC LINEUP!

I can't even have an opinion on ANYTHING anymore unless it's exactly what everyone else thinks...oh and if I do it means I HATE this album, and hope it fails. Man some of you can fuck off...seriously. - BRETT

"You make music for people. Otherwise, just play in your closet. And how do you reach the most people? By giving them the band that they know. To do it any other way would be selfish. - EVH, June 19, 2015 Billboard Magazine

"That's a load of crap. The fans know Michael Anthony." - Me, regarding the above quote from EVH, June 19, 2015

2. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 04:09 PM
    Liked 11,592 Times in 4,941 Posts

Default From Billboard Magazine out June 19

I think he believes that. Whatever. "The band people know" certainly never included Wolfgang. Obviously Wolf is why dad is still doing this but notwithstanding that.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

4. The Following 6 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

take your whiskey home
    Last Online

09.10.17 @ 07:23 PM
    Liked 51 Times in 34 Posts

5. He Doesn't Remember His Own Band's Lyrics
    Aside from not being able to read music, Eddie admits he's also forgotten many of the lyrics to Van Halen's songs. And though he barely has a relationship with David Lee Roth, he soldiers on for the fans: "I think it's now built into people's DNA, that it just won't be Van Halen if it's not Roth's voice," he explains. "You make music for people. Otherwise, just play in your closet. And how do you reach the most people? By giving them the band that they know. To do it any other way would be selfish.”

Disgusting...

6. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 07:37 PM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

It's all about context.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Favorite VH Album

all 7
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 09:09 PM
    Liked 1,978 Times in 892 Posts

Cool pics funny the way his jacket collar is up kinda reminds me of Fonzie.

Looking forward to the full interview sounds like another good one a little more candid than previous years.
    " On a scale that ranges from deep dark depression to rip roaring fun ... most people idle between pissed off ...and not too pissed off " DLR 1997

" I am the danger ... I am the one who knocks " Walter White 2011

9. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Existentially Uncertain Fontcow's Avatar
    Last Online

03.13.17 @ 07:58 PM
    Liked 868 Times in 463 Posts

"And he definitely didn't bond with former Van Halen singer Gary Cherone over clothing choices: "We were getting ready to go on tour, and all of a sudden I see this John Travolta outfit -- these big lapels and a crazy jacket. He's like, 'This is my stage outfit.' That's when I realized it wasn't going to work."

So he knew that Van Halen with Cherone wasn't going to work before he had even played one show with the guy because of his stage wardrobe?

11. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Eruption
    Last Online

03.22.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 216 Times in 102 Posts

His comment about Gary Cherone's stage attire is hilarious.

As for the rest, I don't think he gives a flying fuck who is singing anymore. He enjoys going out and playing with his son, then its on to the next city. He's done enough in my book, so I don't care. He is living the American Dream. Take your victory laps, Eddie.
    Last edited by Ashe; 06.18.15 at 08:44 PM.
    Leave everything to me!-Powdered Toast Man

Favorite VH Album

All Classic DLR Era
    Favorite VH Song

All Classic DLR Era
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    I think he believes that. Whatever. "The band people know" certainly never included Wolfgang. Obviously Wolf is why dad is still doing this but notwithstanding that.
    Whatever. I can't believe how far this band has fallen. They're terrible now. I can't believe I'm saying that. Lol. The new live album sucks. Any boot from the old days sounds better than that thing on so many levels. Dave can't sing for shit, Eddie can't solo like he used to live, Mike ain't there. Still love Alex though.
    I can't remember which comedian said it, about the current state of Van Halen, but he said right now, Van Halen is like a really hot playboy playmate with a prosthetic leg.

I can't even have an opinion on ANYTHING anymore unless it's exactly what everyone else thinks...oh and if I do it means I HATE this album, and hope it fails. Man some of you can fuck off...seriously. - BRETT

"You make music for people. Otherwise, just play in your closet. And how do you reach the most people? By giving them the band that they know. To do it any other way would be selfish. - EVH, June 19, 2015 Billboard Magazine

"That's a load of crap. The fans know Michael Anthony." - Me, regarding the above quote from EVH, June 19, 2015

14. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

All Classic DLR Era
    Favorite VH Song

All Classic DLR Era
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by buster65 View Post
    5. "You make music for people. Otherwise, just play in your closet. And how do you reach the most people? By giving them the band that they know. To do it any other way would be selfish.”

Disgusting...
    Agreed 100%

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 04:45 PM
    Liked 10,892 Times in 5,733 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by BottomsUp72 View Post
    Whatever. I can't believe how far this band has fallen. They're terrible now. I can't believe I'm saying that. Lol. The new live album sucks. Any boot from the old days sounds better than that thing on so many levels. Dave can't sing for shit, Eddie can't solo like he used to live, Mike ain't there. Still love Alex though.
    This is such a load of bullshit. Yeah, Dave has some rough spots - just like anyone his age would. I think Ed's playing is better than it's been since 1998.

But hey, whatever. If they're so bad then why are you even wasting your time on it?
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 04:42 PM
    Liked 7,886 Times in 4,612 Posts

Premium Member

That was a major shot fired at Sam.

Stop drinking Dave's Kool-Aid, Ed.

18. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

All Classic DLR Era
    Favorite VH Song

All Classic DLR Era
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post
    This is such a load of bullshit. Yeah, Dave has some rough spots - just like anyone his age would. I think Ed's playing is better than it's been since 1998.

But hey, whatever. If they're so bad then why are you even wasting your time on it?
    Some rough spots??? lolololol You obviously haven't listened to Tokyo Dome, the countless boots from their last tour,or the tour before that.
    Im a fan of the early years, but still check out the current stuff from time to time, that's why i waste my time...lol

20. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 04:45 PM
    Liked 10,892 Times in 5,733 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by BottomsUp72 View Post
    Some rough spots??? lolololol You obviously haven't listened to Tokyo Dome, the countless boots from their last tour,or the tour before that.
    Im a fan of the early years, but still check out the current stuff from time to time, that's why i waste my time...lol
    I actually own it and listen to it pretty much daily.

Yep, if you have an axe to grind you'll exaggerate and tell people that every song sounds like Panama. An objective observer knows better. 85 to 90 percent of the vocals are good and Ed's playing is fantastic.

It is amusing how some alleged "fans" just love to rip these guys at every opportunity.

I'm not going to engage in this further as it's a waste of my time.
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

Eruption
    Last Online

06.30.17 @ 01:26 AM
    Liked 131 Times in 74 Posts

pathetic

Favorite VH Album

All Classic DLR Era
    Favorite VH Song

All Classic DLR Era
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post
    I actually own it and listen to it pretty much daily.

Yep, if you have an axe to grind you'll exaggerate and tell people that every song sounds like Panama. An objective observer knows better. 85 to 90 percent of the vocals are good and Ed's playing is fantastic.

It is amusing how some alleged "fans" just love to rip these guys at every opportunity.

I'm not going to engage in this further as it's a waste of my time.
    Dave sounds like complete crap live. End of story. Not sure what the heck you're talking about with the Panama reference. Who says every song sounds like Panama? That's the first I've heard of it.