Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 3447 of 3536 FirstFirst ... 24472947334733973437344434453446344734483449345034573497 ... LastLast
Results 51,691 to 51,705 of 53038
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

02.26.20 @ 05:00 AM
    Liked 7,008 Times in 3,664 Posts

I do agree "bombshell" is overused

Now if you say "Taylor Swift sex tape" or "Long reported Oakland show being released by Eddie Van Halen" yeah those are bombshells

2. The Following 5 Members Like This Post:

Last Online

02.25.20 @ 11:48 PM
    Liked 1,199 Times in 645 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    I do agree "bombshell" is overused

Now if you say "Taylor Swift sex tape" or "Long reported Oakland show being released by Eddie Van Halen" yeah those are bombshells
    I'll raise you a "Nothing Burger."

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

02.25.20 @ 08:01 PM
    Liked 2,392 Times in 1,613 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darrin Stephens View Post
    So Pompeo whose career was helped greatly by his Benghazi performance and advocacy for diplomats now is subject to investigation for illegally surveilling one of his own diplomats. Glad Trump is only hiring the best. What a shit show
    Trump hires a lot of crooks and flim-flammers. No doubt.
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

"See, if you look at the drug war from a purely economic point of view, the role of the government is to protect the drug cartel." - Economist Milton Friedman (1991)

5. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

02.26.20 @ 05:21 AM
    Liked 19,981 Times in 11,484 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
    Trump hires a lot of crooks and flim-flammers. No doubt.
    Good luck trying to find anyone who isn't involved in shit in politics.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Darrin Stephens View Post
    I'm not an Obama defender but Trumps crimes are his. And as you pointed out Obama's are his agree. Both sides do the whataboutism to avoid their own shit. Obama did too as I said

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    I don’t really care about the Ukraine crap either way.

I don’t care why or how Hunter Biden got a job there, and I don’t care that Trump held up money that we shouldn’t be giving them in the first place.

The problem is that for the left.... It’s hardcore ideology for them when they have power, but anyone else has to bend the knee to them. Screw that.

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

"See, if you look at the drug war from a purely economic point of view, the role of the government is to protect the drug cartel." - Economist Milton Friedman (1991)

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

02.25.20 @ 02:51 PM
    Liked 1,444 Times in 914 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Happy birthday Michelle Obama, I've canceled your school lunches! Donald Trump's administration lets schools cut back on fruit and veg and sell MORE pizza and burgers - and serve fries every day

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-birthday.html
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

9. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by TheresOnlyOneWay View Post
    Happy birthday Michelle Obama, I've canceled your school lunches! Donald Trump's administration lets schools cut back on fruit and veg and sell MORE pizza and burgers - and serve fries every day

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-birthday.html
    It depends on what fruits and veggies they are.

A banana isn’t much better for your blood glucose than a candy bar.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

02.26.20 @ 04:37 AM
    Liked 12,421 Times in 6,989 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
    It depends on what fruits and veggies they are.

A banana isn’t much better for your blood glucose than a candy bar.
    It really doesn't depend on it. Replacing any veggies with burgers and fries isn't a healthier option. Never understood Michelle Obama getting grief for trying to have schools serve less garbage.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

02.25.20 @ 11:36 PM
    Liked 536 Times in 362 Posts

It is odd, and of course petty, but we know that's just trump. We'll show her, we'll start forcing french fries back on kids. I'm surprised he didn't put out Mickey Ds and Arby's out for LSU.
    Last edited by rchop84; 01.17.20 at 06:36 PM.
    Dealing with it.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

02.21.20 @ 06:06 PM
    Liked 732 Times in 430 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rchop84 View Post
    It is odd, and of course petty, but we know that's just trump. We'll show her, we'll start forcing french fries back on kids. I'm surprised he didn't put out Mickey Ds and Arby's out for LSU.
    What's petty? The fact that kids don't like to buy fruits and veggies for their school lunch or the fact that Obama forced a lunch program that failed miserably before Trump was President? I don't get the issue with kids having the option of buying pizza, fries burgers vs fruit and veggies. What did you buy as a kid, teenager/ college student? Did you bow down to the first lady and eat only what she wanted the country to eat?
    TDS in full effect!
    Last edited by BREW CREW; 01.17.20 at 07:11 PM.
    Just go for it!

14. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

02.25.20 @ 09:30 PM
    Liked 18,098 Times in 9,619 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    It really doesn't depend on it. Replacing any veggies with burgers and fries isn't a healthier option. Never understood Michelle Obama getting grief for trying to have schools serve less garbage.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Because its stupid.

Its not Michelle Obama's job to decide what kids are offered for lunch. That's the parent's responsibility. If they don't like what the cafeteria offers then they can send them a sack lunch.

When I was in school there were plenty of choices for lunch from the cafeteria. Plenty of fruits, veggies, and some less healthy options.

We're acting like there's not local nutritionists and dieticians that can't figure out what a healthy school lunch is. Its nonsense.

I let my boys buy lunch once a week. On pizza day. Probably the least healthy option they offer but they want to buy lunch that day so I let them. The other four days I send them with a sack lunch. And yeah, there might be some Oreos or Skittles in that lunch from time to time.

The Federal government has no business being involved in school lunches.
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post
    Because its stupid.

Its not Michelle Obama's job to decide what kids are offered for lunch. That's the parent's responsibility. If they don't like what the cafeteria offers then they can send them a sack lunch.

When I was in school there were plenty of choices for lunch from the cafeteria. Plenty of fruits, veggies, and some less healthy options.

We're acting like there's not local nutritionists and dieticians that can't figure out what a healthy school lunch is. Its nonsense.

I let my boys buy lunch once a week. On pizza day. Probably the least healthy option they offer but they want to buy lunch that day so I let them. The other four days I send them with a sack lunch. And yeah, there might be some Oreos or Skittles in that lunch from time to time.

The Federal government has no business being involved in school lunches.
    Her intentions were good. I agree that the Federal government has no business involved in school lunches but of all the things to be critical of her for......

17. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

02.25.20 @ 09:30 PM
    Liked 18,098 Times in 9,619 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    Her intentions were good. I agree that the Federal government has no business involved in school lunches but of all the things to be critical of her for......
    That's fair. And good intentions are fine, however she's not a registered dietician or nutritionist, and I'd wager that I've had more course work in diet and nutrition as part of my degree than she has. To say nothing of the fact that she was not elected to any office and therefore has no standing to be effecting policy.

We have an entire division in our school district dedicated to school lunches.

https://www.dcsdnutritionservices.org/

I expect that since we are paying these people that they are qualified and able to put together a reasonably nutritious school lunch menu for the kids of our district. Until I see otherwise I am going to trust them to do their jobs and make sure that the kids in our district have available proper nutrition for them to purchase at lunch and snack or whenever else the district offers food. I don't need someone in Washington DC dictating to them what they can and cannot serve my kids.

I've gone to their "Thanksgiving feast" that they offer the week before Thanksgiving to eat with my boys at lunch in the cafeteria and there are plenty of healthy options available. And my kids threw away half of their green beans so that's always something to take into account when offering food - it doesn't matter how healthy it is if the kids won't eat it then why provide it?
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post
    That's fair. And good intentions are fine, however she's not a registered dietician or nutritionist, and I'd wager that I've had more course work in diet and nutrition as part of my degree than she has. To say nothing of the fact that she was not elected to any office and therefore has no standing to be effecting policy.

We have an entire division in our school district dedicated to school lunches.

https://www.dcsdnutritionservices.org/

I expect that since we are paying these people that they are qualified and able to put together a reasonably nutritious school lunch menu for the kids of our district. Until I see otherwise I am going to trust them to do their jobs and make sure that the kids in our district have available proper nutrition for them to purchase at lunch and snack or whenever else the district offers food. I don't need someone in Washington DC dictating to them what they can and cannot serve my kids.

I've gone to their "Thanksgiving feast" that they offer the week before Thanksgiving to eat with my boys at lunch in the cafeteria and there are plenty of healthy options available. And my kids threw away half of their green beans so that's always something to take into account when offering food - it doesn't matter how healthy it is if the kids won't eat it then why provide it?
    The fact that you have an entire division in your school district dedicated to school lunches is more concerning than Michelle Obama getting involved in my opinion. I don't get the whole government involvement in school lunches to begin with. You got kids, send them to school with lunch. If a school wants to run an optional lunch program via local businesses (we do that here) to make a couple of bucks then I'm all for it. A high school cafeteria is fine, the school can tell them to make sure they have some healthy options. Don't get the whole government involvement here. Just seems to overly complicate things.

Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

02.25.20 @ 07:53 PM
    Liked 25,724 Times in 14,618 Posts

You know what they say about good intentions …

"It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"