Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 2793 of 3000 FirstFirst ... 179322932693274327832790279127922793279427952796280328432893 ... LastLast
Results 41,881 to 41,895 of 44986
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

06.18.19 @ 11:48 PM
    Liked 2,214 Times in 1,503 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    I don't get the fervor in which some Democrats have for late term abortions.

Just don't get it.
    Not to mention that Chuck and Nancy were just lecturing us about how throwing temper tantrums and not signing bills is “not how government works”.

Sinner's Swing! BlindtotheWorld's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

06.19.19 @ 05:28 AM
    Liked 1,612 Times in 840 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post
    There's already a fence.

To me it's not a political issue. If you support building a wall and think it will attain any goal, you're an idiot. Plain and simple.

This issue was launched to attract poorly educated, simple-minded people.
    Look Little Dreamer, I've always appreciated your opinion but this is unnecessary. I fully support building the wall. I graduated with honors with a degree in Civil engineering and also served as an army officer in the Armor Corps. I'm not an expert by any means but I do have some security experience related to such things in the Balkans but all that aside, I'm certainly not a poorly educated, simple minded person.
    "Swamp people doin' their swampy things." - bsbll4

3. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

06.19.19 @ 05:09 AM
    Liked 16,853 Times in 9,528 Posts

Premium Member

Grassley Reveals Plan To Cut Drug Prices After Taking Over Senate Finance Committee

1:18 PM 01/10/2019

New Senate Finance Committee Chair Chuck Grassley revealed his three-part initial plan to cut drug prices Wednesday.

Grassley is “freshly empowered” to push three bills the pharmaceutical industry is not a fan of, reported STAT News. The bills are:

Legislation to ban “pay-for-delay,” a tactic where a brand drug company pays a generic manufacturer to withhold a product that would compete with the brand drug for market share.

The CREATES Act, another bill that prevents drugmakers from blocking access to samples of their products and slowing down the development of generic alternatives.

A bill that allows Americans to import less expensive drugs from Canada.

The latter bill was introduced by both Grassley and Democratic Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar “to help the millions of Americans who struggle to pay exorbitant prices for medication,” Klobuchar said in a press release statement Wednesday.

Grassley, who is viewed as being less pharma-friendly than his committee chair predecessor Orrin Hatch, stressed he wants to find bipartisan solutions in a Thursday Senate Finance Committee press release.

“Specifically, policy objectives include: lowering prescription drug prices; increasing access to prescription drugs and addressing shortage issues; strengthening and modernizing Medicare Part D; increasing rural health care access, including addressing health care workforce issues,” Grassley said.

Those bipartisan solutions might create some unlikely allies as President Donald Trump also seeks to cut drug prices. The Trump administration floated an international pricing index that would base Medicare drug payments on cheaper foreign prices — something Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders is also behind, reported Axios.

Sanders is expected to unveil a “similar proposal” Thursday, according to Axios.

Trump has sporadically called attention to drug pricing since taking office and has attacked specific drugmakers by name. Trump told Pfizer it should be “ashamed” of its price increases in a July 9 tweet, spurring a price hike delay.

“Pfizer [and] others should be ashamed that they have raised drug prices for no reason,” Trump tweeted. “They are merely taking advantage of the poor [and] others unable to defend themselves, while at the same time giving bargain basement prices to other countries in Europe [and] elsewhere. We will respond!”

Meanwhile, nearly 40 drug manufacturers raised prices on hundreds of drugs Jan. 1, reported The Wall Street Journal.

High prescription drug prices are a top issue among Americans. Fifty-two percent of people said “passing legislation to bring down the price of prescription drugs should be a ‘top priority’ for President Trump and Congress,” according to a Kaiser Family Foundation poll in March.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/01/10/c...-drug-pricing/

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

06.16.19 @ 03:22 PM
    Liked 15,384 Times in 8,062 Posts

Premium Member

There's already a fence.

To me it's not a political issue. If you support building a wall and think it will attain any goal, you're an idiot. Plain and simple.

This issue was launched to attract poorly educated, simple-minded people.
    So the Berlin Wall was useless and didn't attain any goal, right? So therefore it shouldn't have been a big deal when it was torn down because it didnt do anything anyway, right?

There's no point in having walls around prisons either since they won't attain any goal.

I'm going to tear down my fence today because I was poorly educated and simple-minded when it was put around my property.
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

6. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Premium Member

No one who has a college degree would support such an idiotic idea, fact. A wall to stop people is straight from a Disney movie. It's like reasoning to amuse 6 years olds.

If you want to crack down on illegal immigration, you have to crack down on people who employ illegal immigrants, with a much stronger e-verify system. No jobs, they won't come. Of course Trump doesn't want to do this, he's a well-known employer of illegal immigrants himself!
    I have a college degree and I support a big, beautiful wall.

Since you're so much smarter than the rest of us, explain why it's an "idiotic" idea.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

06.19.19 @ 05:04 AM
    Liked 10,708 Times in 6,006 Posts

No one who has a college degree would support such an idiotic idea, fact. A wall to stop people is straight from a Disney movie. It's like reasoning to amuse 6 years olds.

If you want to crack down on illegal immigration, you have to crack down on people who employ illegal immigrants, with a much stronger e-verify system. No jobs, they won't come. Of course Trump doesn't want to do this, he's a well-known employer of illegal immigrants himself!
    This is a big problem with the political left these days. There's a smug arrogance to them. "We're the smart people and you idiots don't really matter".

Sent from blah blah using Tapatalk

9. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Sinner's Swing! BlindtotheWorld's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

06.19.19 @ 05:28 AM
    Liked 1,612 Times in 840 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    This is a big problem with the political left these days. There's a smug arrogance to them. "We're the smart people and you idiots don't really matter".

Exactly.

Behold the unwashed masses!

"Swamp people doin' their swampy things." - bsbll4

11. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Premium Member

This is good policy if it comes to pass.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...l-battle-rages

Where you at, Trumpmachine?

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

06.19.19 @ 04:09 AM
    Liked 25,323 Times in 12,778 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post

Chris Matthews of all people said the same thing.

Paraphrased "a master plumber is elite, but we don't treat them that way".
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

06.18.19 @ 01:55 PM
    Liked 983 Times in 608 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Idiots. These people can really reach beyond stupidity.

Democratic Rep. says she knows the real secret goal that Trump wants, and it's not a border wall

Democratic Rep. Pramila Jayapal (Wash.) told MSNBC's Chris Hayes that a deal could not be made with President Donald Trump to reopen the government because his real secret goal was to clear the U.S. of all immigrants and people of color.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/democr...-a-border-wall
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

Premium Member

Donor

Yet another example. :roll eyes:

Instead of a wall, Pelosi wants to repair roads in border region to 'facilitate immigration'

https://www.theblaze.com/news/instea...te-immigration

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

Premium Member

Donor

More? Nah, CNN doesn't have an agenda at all.

San Diego-Based KUSI: CNN Disinvited Our Journalist Because We Reported Border Wall ‘Does Work’

We believe CNN declined a report from KUSI because we informed them that most Border Patrol Agents we have spoken to told us the barrier does in fact work.

We have continuously been told by Border Patrol Agents that the barrier along the Southern border helps prevent illegal entries, drugs, and weapons from entering the United States, and the numbers prove it.

https://www.breitbart.com/border/201...all-does-work/

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

06.19.19 @ 05:09 AM
    Liked 16,853 Times in 9,528 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheresOnlyOneWay View Post
    Idiots. These people can really reach beyond stupidity.

Democratic Rep. says she knows the real secret goal that Trump wants, and it's not a border wall

Democratic Rep. Pramila Jayapal (Wash.) told MSNBC's Chris Hayes that a deal could not be made with President Donald Trump to reopen the government because his real secret goal was to clear the U.S. of all immigrants and people of color.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/democr...-a-border-wall
    Sad thing is that there are asshats who believe her.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

06.18.19 @ 10:32 PM
    Liked 4,322 Times in 2,605 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post
    So the Berlin Wall was useless and didn't attain any goal, right? So therefore it shouldn't have been a big deal when it was torn down because it didnt do anything anyway, right?

There's no point in having walls around prisons either since they won't attain any goal.

I'm going to tear down my fence today because I was poorly educated and simple-minded when it was put around my property.
    The problem with these examples (and Don Jr's zoo example) is that there is different context. Setting aside that the Berlin Wall was successfully breached 1,000 times a year, prison is very successful at keeping people in. But since there is demand for smuggling things in, people are actually pretty successful at smuggling phones, drugs, and other things into prison.

In this case, you've got a $60ish billion a year industry that, in some cases, controls large aspects of Mexico and other countries, who control the human smuggling business, and for the peak in the 1990s to 2000, there was demand for labor and people extremely, extremely desperate to meet that demand. But since the Mexican economy has made post-NAFTA improvements and the American economy hit the pits in 2008, illegal immigration from Mexico is net-negative. What has increased is illegal immigration from Latin countries, and the desperation there is life and death. The cartels and people in life and death situations would find a way.

For now, though, without a wall, illegal immigration across the border has plummeted since 2000, and overstaying visas has vastly increased, doubling up border crossers last year. Considering that is where people on watch lists are being stopped, a wall definitely won't stop people from flying in and staying longer than their visa allows, which has been a larger problem than border crossing since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post
    This is good policy if it comes to pass.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...l-battle-rages

Where you at, Trumpmachine?
    Sounds good to me. This was a problem true. But as Trump supporters have told me, don't pay attention to what he says, but what he actually does. If we do it, I will praise it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    No. It's asinine.
    I agreed. Just wonder if the "small government," "constitutionalist" Trump supporters here agree.

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

Premium Member

Donor

THINGS DEMOCRATS HAVE FUNDED THAT COST MORE THAN THE BORDER WALL
    Lawmakers have put less thought into other, more expensive projects over the years

After President Trump requested $5.7 billion to fund the border wall he campaigned on in 2016, Democrats have dug in, refusing to appropriate the funds that the administration says are needed to better manage the flow of immigration across the southern border.

Democrats are not traditionally known for their fiscal rectitude but are being particularly parsimonious over what ultimately amounts to a very small percentage of the federal budget. (In 2018, the feds spent $4.173 trillion overall, meaning the border wall would amount to just 1/10th of 1 percent of current annual federal spending.)

Indeed, these lawmakers have happily funded various projects over the years that cost far more than the border wall — many of which had very questionable value. Below are some examples of wasteful federal spending projects that individually cost more than the proposed border wall (some data courtesy of Citizens Against Government Waste):

“Rural Utility Service.” This program costs taxpayers $8.2 billion/year and has no actual purpose after its original intent — bringing electricity to rural communities — was long ago achieved. It’s now being used to bring broadband access to small communities (usually with populations of less than 20,000). However there’s no indication the “beneficiaries” of this expensive government agency actually appreciate the program and the majority of its projects are not completed on time or within budget.

Sugar Subsidies. America, as Democrats frequently intone, faces a health crisis. What they don’t tell us is that it’s largely of their own making, as Congress subsidizes the production of unhealthy foods like sugar and high-fructose corn syrup. Eliminating sugar subsidies alone would save $6 billion, enough to fund the border wall; it would also have the added benefit of helping curb the nation’s obesity epidemic.
    Community Development Grants. These grants were created in the 70s to revitalize failing American cities. The program has almost always been plagued with dysfunction, with grants going to wealthy communities and other recipients failing to produce accountability or results. Citizens Against Government Waste reports that even President Obama called for reining in the program. It’s elimination would save $15 billion over 5 years.

The United Nations. As the United Nation’s largest contributor, the U.S. in 2016 donated $10 billion to the U.N. As CAGW notes, reducing these contributions just 25 percent would create a savings of $12.5 billion over 10 years. Of the money Congress appropriates for the United Nations, 5 million taxpayer dollars are itemized for abortions in foreign countries.

Amtrak. Congress could sell Amtrak to the private sector where it would almost certainly be operated more efficiently, but instead it’s showered in billions of dollars of taxpayer subsidies. Over the next five years, these subsidies will cost $9.7 billion.

Unused Real Estate. Congress appropriates money to maintain federal real estate that’s not actually being used. Per CAGW, an October 31, 2017, CRS report found that, “In FY2016, federal agencies owned 3,120 buildings that were vacant (unutilized), and another 7,859 that were partially empty (underutilized).” Current laws require the government to undergo a series of steps before considering a sale of these buildings. Were selling this unused property prioritized, the 5-year savings are estimated at $15 billion. Simply maintaining the unused buildings annually costs $1.7 billion.

Foreign Aid. American taxpayers currently spend more than $50 billion a year helping develop foreign countries. Many of the recipients are not known for being America’s closest allies — such as Egypt, South Sudan, Uganda, South Africa, Russia, the Congo, Sudan, and Zambia — which raises the question of what Americans are receiving in exchange for all of this aid. Cutting these donations back just 10 percent would be enough to fund the wall.

Waste, Fraud, and Abuse. The Government Accountability Office estimates taxpayers are spending more than $137 billion annually on “payment errors,” which covers all manner of waste, fraud, and abuse within Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid. The feds could implement the same kind of fraud protections credit card companies used to ensure against abuse, but don’t. In fact, Congress has gone in the opposite direction, winding down the program intended to police fraud within Medicare, the so-called Recovery Audit Contractor. In other words, Congress is knowingly funding tens of billions of dollars of fraud annually.

Despite many of of the above projects having arguably negative value, Congress continues to fund them. Eliminating any one of the above would create more than enough savings to fund the White House’s border wall appropriation request.

Of course, other smaller federal spending projects are even more wasteful. Examples abound, but here are a few that are at least amusing:

The feds spent $613,634 to boost “intimacy and trust” of transgender women and their male partners (The Washington Free Beason)

The feds spent $5 million paying hipsters to stop smoking and then blog about it (as well as use cool anti-smoking swag — like beer koozies). (Readers Digest)

Northwestern University has received more than $3 million in National Institutes of Health to watch hamster fights. “Some of those experiments involved injecting hamsters with steroids, then putting another hamster in the cage to see if the drugged rodents were more aggressive when protecting their territory. This program has since been halted following protests from animal rights activists,” Readers Digest reports.

The feds spend $1,009,762 training “social justice” math teachers (The Washington Free Beacon)

“The government spent at least $518,000 in federal grants to study how cocaine affects the sexual behavior of Japanese quails,” Readers Digest reports.

The Federal Register is legally required to be printed daily and distributed to Congressional offices despite most never being read and all of the information being available online. Stopping this unnecessary printing would save $1 million a year.

https://news.grabien.com/story-thing...re-border-wall