Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 2851 of 2870 FirstFirst ... 1851235127512801284128482849285028512852285328542861 ... LastLast
Results 42,751 to 42,765 of 43036
    Last Online

02.20.19 @ 04:46 PM
    Liked 9,445 Times in 5,094 Posts

Premium Member

You wouldn’t know about the real-world challenges that Native American women face from listening to Trump—or from listening to Warren for that matter. In response to the racist, misogynistic Pocahontas slur that has been aimed at her since 2012—after the Boston Herald published a story reporting that during the mid-1990s Harvard Law School officials “prominently touted Warren’s Native American background”—Warren has mostly sought to protect her own reputation, insisting on the veracity of her family lore.

The one and only time, to our knowledge, that Warren has admitted how destructive the name-calling is—not just to her, but to Native Americans—was in February 2018 when she made a surprise appearance before Native American-elected officials at the National Congress of American Indians. In her speech, Warren compared the Disney film with the “real” story of Pocahontas and then noted that the story has been “twisted” for political purposes. Recalling a November 2017 White House ceremony honoring World War II Navajo code talkers, Warren reminded listeners that Trump had disrespected war heroes when he mentioned Pocahontas in connection to the senator during the solemn event. This was an important moment—Warren noted the disruptive and disrespectful effect these references have. At the same time, it was frustrating. While Warren acknowledged the violence Pocahontas endured during her short lifetime, and she could recognize the manipulation of a young girl’s experience into a racist joke, she never uttered words suggesting she understands this is a slur that targets Native women. And she has been silent since.

If Warren really wants to counter Trump and his gleeful invocation of genocidal violence she should denounce the use of Pocahontas as a racist and misogynist slur. She should use her platform to shift the narrative about Native peoples in the United States, pointing to their enduring sovereignty and the imperative that the American government rectify the harm it has done them. She can draw attention to the recently lapsed Violence Against Women Act, redouble efforts to renew this important legislation and advocate for practical solutions to gaps in jurisdiction and funding that will help Native American women and tribal nations pursue justice. It should go without saying she should abandon and apologize for her talk about her undocumented family lore of Indian ancestry, but she has to go beyond that. It’s time Elizabeth Warren uses this as an opportunity to defend Native women, and not just herself.

The Horror of Trump’s Wounded Knee Tweet

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

02.20.19 @ 02:54 PM
    Liked 838 Times in 506 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    You wouldn’t know about the real-world challenges that Native American women face from listening to Trump—or from listening to Warren for that matter. In response to the racist, misogynistic Pocahontas slur that has been aimed at her since 2012—after the Boston Herald published a story reporting that during the mid-1990s Harvard Law School officials “prominently touted Warren’s Native American background”—Warren has mostly sought to protect her own reputation, insisting on the veracity of her family lore.

The one and only time, to our knowledge, that Warren has admitted how destructive the name-calling is—not just to her, but to Native Americans—was in February 2018 when she made a surprise appearance before Native American-elected officials at the National Congress of American Indians. In her speech, Warren compared the Disney film with the “real” story of Pocahontas and then noted that the story has been “twisted” for political purposes. Recalling a November 2017 White House ceremony honoring World War II Navajo code talkers, Warren reminded listeners that Trump had disrespected war heroes when he mentioned Pocahontas in connection to the senator during the solemn event. This was an important moment—Warren noted the disruptive and disrespectful effect these references have. At the same time, it was frustrating. While Warren acknowledged the violence Pocahontas endured during her short lifetime, and she could recognize the manipulation of a young girl’s experience into a racist joke, she never uttered words suggesting she understands this is a slur that targets Native women. And she has been silent since.

If Warren really wants to counter Trump and his gleeful invocation of genocidal violence she should denounce the use of Pocahontas as a racist and misogynist slur. She should use her platform to shift the narrative about Native peoples in the United States, pointing to their enduring sovereignty and the imperative that the American government rectify the harm it has done them. She can draw attention to the recently lapsed Violence Against Women Act, redouble efforts to renew this important legislation and advocate for practical solutions to gaps in jurisdiction and funding that will help Native American women and tribal nations pursue justice. It should go without saying she should abandon and apologize for her talk about her undocumented family lore of Indian ancestry, but she has to go beyond that. It’s time Elizabeth Warren uses this as an opportunity to defend Native women, and not just herself.

Wow, that is fucking awesome. It's on full display there.
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

02.20.19 @ 05:31 PM
    Liked 15,717 Times in 8,871 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    Dude, he tweeted a Wounded Knee joke less than a month ago and here put trail in ALL CAPS. A guy mentions Native American genocide in response to Trump, and Don Jr. screen grabs the two tweets, posts it on Instagram, and calls his dad’s remark “savage.”

You can’t tell me he knows enough to joke about Wounded Knee, but then “TRAIL” is somehow randomly capitalized, even though Don Jr seems to think it was about the Trail of Tears, too.

Come on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Did you forget this?

But the most stunning discovery about the life of O.C. Sarah Smith Crawford is that her husband, Ms. Warren’s great-great-great grandfather, was apparently a member of the Tennessee Militia who rounded up Cherokees from their family homes in the Southeastern United States and herded them into government-built stockades in what was then called Ross’s Landing (now Chattanooga), Tennessee–the point of origin for the horrific Trail of Tears, which began in January, 1837

Maybe, just maybe, the tweet was pointing out her disgusting hypocrisy in this whole thing?
    Naaaah, he’s a racist, right.

Again, this is some dumb shit to get into
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

4. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

02.20.19 @ 12:39 PM
    Liked 1,232 Times in 699 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post

Anyone from the American government purporting to protect American Indians is laughable. No one has hurt them more, or marginalizes them more even now. This "argument" between Trump and Warren only highlights that fatuous and destructive nature of politics, and of politicians. Native American territory is nothing but an American possession, and Native Americans themselves are just props for self-interested politicians.

TK

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

02.20.19 @ 05:00 PM
    Liked 4,128 Times in 2,477 Posts

Jesus Christ.

I never argued it was racist. I simply argued that he was, yes, referencing the Trail of Tears, as a response against those saying he wasn't.

I agree. It is dumb. He was obviously referencing it.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

02.20.19 @ 01:16 PM
    Liked 5,971 Times in 3,083 Posts

Oh I do agree what he said is terrible but like I said, we still have good old Mr Jackson on our money. That guy actually committed crimes against humanity.

I hate his twitter account but I am more interested in what actually happens that what he says on Twitter. The guy constantly puts his foot in his mouth on social media but I am 2 years into his presidency. I think I can get over something that occurred 130 years ago. Saying something like "Read my lips no new taxes" or "Saddam has WMD" or "You can keep your health care" or " Mexico will pay for the wall" is more important to my life

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    Oh I do agree what he said is terrible but like I said, we still have good old Mr Jackson on our money. That guy actually committed crimes against humanity.

I hate his twitter account but I am more interested in what actually happens that what he says on Twitter. The guy constantly puts his foot in his mouth on social media but I am 2 years into his presidency. I think I can get over something that occurred 130 years ago. Saying something like "Read my lips no new taxes" or "Saddam has WMD" or "You can keep your health care" or " Mexico will pay for the wall" is more important to my life
    Certainly reasonable.

To your point, it is 2 years in, and I see people, especially friends on social media, who tried convincing me "covfefe" wasn't a typo, continuing to deny he does what he does. And it's like, how can you simultaneously think he is playing 4D chess while also not understanding what capitalizing TRAIL would mean when talking about Native Americans?

9. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Me thinks a lot of people will see what they want to see in this.

Senate has uncovered no direct evidence of conspiracy between Trump campaign and Russia

Feb. 12, 2019, 10:21 AM ET
    By Ken Dilanian
    WASHINGTON — After two years and 200 interviews, the Senate Intelligence Committee is approaching the end of its investigation into the 2016 election, having uncovered no direct evidence of a conspiracy between the Trump campaign and Russia, according to both Democrats and Republicans on the committee.

But investigators disagree along party lines when it comes to the implications of a pattern of contacts they have documented between Trump associates and Russians — contacts that occurred before, during and after Russian intelligence operatives were seeking to help Donald Trump by leaking hacked Democratic emails and attacking his opponent, Hillary Clinton, on social media....

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...mpaign-n970536

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

02.20.19 @ 04:01 PM
    Liked 14,584 Times in 7,683 Posts

Premium Member

Exactly.

If anyone wants to point the finger at someone for being racist let's start with Warren for her bogus claim of Indian ancestry that she's used for years to advance her career.

That's some fucked up shit right there and would be akin to someone claiming that they're African American because they had a distant relative that was born in South Africa when it was a British colony.
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

02.20.19 @ 02:54 PM
    Liked 838 Times in 506 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

‘USA! USA! USA!’ VS ‘AY YAI YAI’: TRUMP’S RALLY CELEBRATES AMERICA – BETO RALLY PREFERS MEXICO
    A tale of two rallies

President Trump’s rally in El Paso, Texas, and Beto O’Rourke’s rally nearby had some stark differences between them.
    During Trump’s rally on Monday night, chants of “USA! USA! USA!” boomed throughout the venue with American flags and MAGA hats everywhere, while Beto’s smaller rally featured a mariachi band, waving Mexican flags, and burkas.

https://www.infowars.com/usa-usa-usa...refers-mexico/
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

02.20.19 @ 05:53 PM
    Liked 23,804 Times in 12,018 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
    Half of the voters in VA don’t want the guy to step down. It’s amazing how soulless the left and their voters are.
    Why should either one of them resign?

One was over something done in 1984, the other is an accusation, with no proof submitted as of today. If he is proven guilty in a court of law, then yes, he should resign. Until then, hell no.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

02.20.19 @ 04:41 PM
    Liked 2,121 Times in 1,311 Posts

I love this country but man, the things that go on in it gets more and more fucked up.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

15. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    I love this country but man, the things that go on in it gets more and more fucked up.
    Partially, but I also think it is because we get so much more information now, and it is video instead of in written form.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

02.20.19 @ 01:12 PM
    Liked 912 Times in 505 Posts

Let me go on record as saying Warren claiming she is of native decent is stupid. This said - if her great, great, great grandfather (4 generations removed) did something as awful as what was written, that doesn't mean that Warren herself is about to do the same. There needs to be some type of statute of limitations on dumb shit done by a single family member.
    Winners come and go; legends are forever.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Premium Member

Wouldn't care if it was her dad. Has no bearing on why I don't think much of her.

As for the Native American BS, like most politicians, she can't just find the words "I'm sorry, it was stupid, I regret it, if I could do things over again I would do it differently, and I unequivocally apologize".

But no, like 99.99% of politicians, she tried to lie her way out of it.