Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 2959 of 3001 FirstFirst ... 1959245928592909294929562957295829592960296129622969 ... LastLast
Results 44,371 to 44,385 of 45014
    Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

06.26.19 @ 10:13 AM
    Liked 15,443 Times in 8,093 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    Honest to God, dude, I meant the FBI thing as a gentle rib just to keep things light. I get your suggestion, I just don't understand the complete dismissal of what I have to say when it comes to law enforcement. It's well-read and researched, including primary (yet, admittedly, anecdotal) sources, my buddy who is a cop. I even agree that there is no reason for me to think the FBI isn't up to a lot of no good.

That's what Barr said at the press conference in response to a question. I even put that in my response. But it directly contradicts what is in the Mueller Report. So either Mueller is lying in the report or Barr is misrepresenting what happened.
    I thought it was funny...
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

2. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

06.26.19 @ 10:06 AM
    Liked 4,328 Times in 2,608 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    One other possibility, that Mueller put one thing in his report, but personally believes another, and that is what he conveyed to Barr privately. I highly doubt it, but it's possible.
    Either way, it doesn't matter a whole lot. It's the DoJ's position, and I think it is the correct one, that a sitting President can't be indicted. So whether Mueller said he thought a crime was committed would be no different than what we have now except for the fact that Trump would not be able to respond in a court of law, as is everyone else's right but his, at this moment, when accused of a crime. That just seems to be the most logical explanation based upon what is in the report.

And if Mueller decided, as he did with collusion, that no crime was committed, it doesn't matter either, since POTUS can't be indicted. I'll quote Lindsey Graham, from the floor of the Senate, in 1998. "You don’t even have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job (as President of the United States) in this constitutional republic if this body (Congress) determines that your conduct as a public official is clearly out of bounds in your role. Because impeachment is not about punishment. Impeachment is about cleansing the office. Impeachment is about restoring honor and integrity to the office." (https://twitter.com/funder/status/1111625521346084864)

In other words, Mueller's decisions or lack thereof do not matter. What matters is what the House decides to do. Maybe they decide to draw articles of impeachment. Maybe they decide to move on. Perhaps either is a grave mistake. We can only wait and see.
    Last edited by lovemachine97(Version 2); 04.24.19 at 12:48 PM.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

06.26.19 @ 09:34 AM
    Liked 16,933 Times in 9,575 Posts

Premium Member

Default You mean it's not 'MANUFACTURED'?

NYT Columnist Friedman: Solution To Immigration Is A ‘High Wall With A Big Gate’

10:25 PM 04/24/2019

New York Times columnist Thomas Friedman explained on Wednesday on CNN how he thinks the U.S. government can solve the situation at the border, following his trip there.

Friedman’s appearance on the network corresponded with his op-ed from the day before, in which he described the port of entry at San Diego a “troubling scene.”

“The whole day left me more certain than ever that we have a real immigration crisis and that the solution is a high wall with a big gate — but a smart gate,” Friedman wrote, which Blitzer read on the air.

“Wolf, I’m as radically pro-immigration as they come. But, it’s pretty clear to me and unless we can assure a significant number of Americans that we can control our border, we’re never going to have proper immigration flow. I think we need, we desire, and that we actually have a moral responsibility given our history as a nation of immigrants,” Friedman stated.

“We have a president who actually, when you think about it, Wolf, he has the chops with his base. If he were to sit down, call Nancy Pelosi up, say ‘we’re going up to Camp David. You bring your immigration team, I’ll bring mine. I’ll leave Stephen Miller at home,’ and we will actually sort out a compromise here. Where, cause Democrats were ready to fund more border security, but at the same time we’re going to create a legal pathway for people here, limits the number of ICE arrests and we’re going to have a rational inflow of people,” he continued.

The Trump administration has enacted a series of new policies in an attempt to curb illegal immigration. Aside from his desire to build the wall, the administration has begun cracking down on the “catch and release” policy, tightening HUD’s requirements, while also signing a memorandum on Monday that recommended travel restrictions on countries who have a high rate of visa overstays.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/04/24/n...n-border-wall/

"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

06.25.19 @ 01:08 PM
    Liked 2,215 Times in 1,504 Posts

McCain’s prepared to back Joe Biden:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...I06LpnHoRCd7Ns

John’s sow daughter is a joke. She tipped her hand when she targeted the Trump supporting high school
    kids months ago.

The McCain family goes in the same pile as the Bush’s, Clinton’s and Obama’s. Well, I have nothing against Obama’s kids, but you know.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Depends on the Day of the Week
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, D.O.A., TYWH
    Last Online

06.25.19 @ 10:49 PM
    Liked 2,125 Times in 1,255 Posts

"The VH Universe is built on a wall that separates CVH from SVH. Tell either side there's no wall, you've bought a war. Or a slaughter." Lt. Joshi - LAPD

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

06.26.19 @ 08:53 AM
    Liked 349 Times in 225 Posts

Biden already has an 8 point lead..not a good sign.
    Dealing with it.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

06.26.19 @ 07:45 AM
    Liked 6,347 Times in 3,291 Posts

Is as important today as what Eddie Van Halen had for dinner last night.

1. He is one of 20+ Democrats running for president. If he secures the nomination, then its important
    2. He is today the most conservative of the bunch. What happens if he shifts left?
    3. He won't appeal to the current progressive wing of the Democratic party. These are the most energetic voters for the Democrats
    4. So far he is running on Obama's presidency. What happens when he tries to form his own voice?

Sure if Biden has an 8 point edge next summer, its a big deal but lets see if he makes it to the finish line. Jeb Bush may have had a lead over Hillary the same time 4 years ago.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

06.26.19 @ 03:54 AM
    Liked 25,417 Times in 12,822 Posts

Premium Member

He's one of 20 Democrats, but this is really a three man race at this point. Biden/Sanders/Buttigieg.

He's the last remnant of the somewhat centrist version Democratic Party, but, the majority of Democratic voters are to the left of their candidates, he appeals to a larger portion of Democratic voters, and they actually show up to vote. Yeah, the 19 year olds are more "energetic", but historically, they show up at the polls the least.

The Progressive wing of the Democratic Party plays well in the Northeast and West Coast. Biden plays well everywhere else, and Trump showed you can win with that strategy. Additionally, the early primaries play well for him.

I didn't think until a month ago he would run, who in the fuck wants to be POTUS at 78? But, he's the guy to beat.

He's ahead in the polls, he has big money behind him, and for many people he's likeable.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

06.26.19 @ 10:05 AM
    Liked 10,740 Times in 6,025 Posts

He's also the most likely to beat Trump in an election. He's not scary to independents.

Last Online

06.26.19 @ 07:55 AM
    Liked 10,131 Times in 5,526 Posts

Premium Member

I'm trying to figure out why a guy like Biden doesn't just retire and enjoy the rest of his life with his family, away from the bright lights and political bullshit.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

06.26.19 @ 07:45 AM
    Liked 6,347 Times in 3,291 Posts

Oh I do admit that he is the guy to beat and would beat Trump.

However right now so much can change. The progressives will bring up his woman issue and keep pounding it. However he will be the guy with the target on his back so dirt will be coming his way.

If Joe was the old crazy Joe I wouldn't be that opposed but he is going to shift left. We need a centrist running the show.

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

06.26.19 @ 06:42 AM
    Liked 3,559 Times in 2,167 Posts

Premium Member

Bidens always wanted to be the Prez. I believe he ran twice before. As far as retirement he really has had an incredible life full of leisure minus his first wife and sons deaths. I think he will be the nominee. He will have to put a far lefty on his ticket to unite the Ds and don't forget this dude is old. But he runs better than Hillary already. Does he get the superdelagates like Clinton?
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Last Online

Premium Member

In a rush of hypocrisy... I kind of noticed that people like Hannity, last night, were already taking off the kid gloves and going for Joe's blood with new tales of scandal and such.

I know the left have been absolute vampires when it comes to Trump, but it looks like the right will be no kinder or less shameful with Biden in the coming months.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

06.26.19 @ 10:05 AM
    Liked 10,740 Times in 6,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    Oh I do admit that he is the guy to beat and would beat Trump.

However right now so much can change. The progressives will bring up his woman issue and keep pounding it. However he will be the guy with the target on his back so dirt will be coming his way.

If Joe was the old crazy Joe I wouldn't be that opposed but he is going to shift left. We need a centrist running the show.
    I think he'd be very wise to not move left at all. Just stay in the centrist lane. The left wing of the party is gonna chop up that vote across a half dozen candidates. His campaign needs to be all about a return to normalcy not about a different kind of chaos.

Last Online

Premium Member

We're probably about to find out how far left America really IS NOT.

17. The Following Member Likes This Post: