Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 3378 of 3478 FirstFirst ... 23782878327833283368337533763377337833793380338133883428 ... LastLast
Results 50,656 to 50,670 of 52169
    Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

01.29.20 @ 09:20 AM
    Liked 17,787 Times in 9,439 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    Wouldn’t really bother me. They’re extremely unimpressive, unfortunately.

I’m also not the POTUS.

Keep in mind, I firmly believe that exercising your rights should not imply guilt as a result of “obviously having something to hide”. Kind of like not allowing cops to search your car for no reason. I get and respect that stance.

With respect to Trump though, I fully believe his adamant attempts to withhold these taxes says something. Could be nothing. I personally don’t think it is nothing.

This is also the same guy who, for the better part of a year and with no dog in the fight, was calling for a sitting American President to prove that he was actually an American born citizen. So, again, I don’t really think his actions of trying to block his taxes are a nothing burger.
    Well, I happen to believe that there's something there about Obama and his birth status, especially since there are inconsistencies with his birth certificate and Social Security number, not to mention he's quoted in his own words as having been born in Kenya in an Academic Journal that he had an essay published in.

In regards to Trump's taxes, I believe as others have stated that his net worth probably isn't what he's claimed it is and he probably has some years where he paid no taxes because his enterprises showed a net loss in revenue. That's not really that uncommon, but for a man with Trump's ego combined with the Democrats desire to embarrass him he probably would rather that not come out.

My family's taxes aren't impressive either but I still don't want them out in the public realm.
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

2. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

01.29.20 @ 10:14 AM
    Liked 19,551 Times in 11,212 Posts

Well this was refreshing to see. Amazing what happens when people just talk to each other.

Worth the watch
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

4. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

01.29.20 @ 03:46 AM
    Liked 12,248 Times in 6,881 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Well this was refreshing to see. Amazing what happens when people just talk to each other.

Worth the watch
    The gentlemen in the video was pretty good - actually wanted to talk to people. The blond woman is incredibly annoying looking to start fights - can't stand her. She's a fucking dolt. Suffice to say, I like his approach better.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

01.29.20 @ 08:58 AM
    Liked 6,875 Times in 3,584 Posts

Here I have a great compromise to the entire tax record argument.

Any member of the legislative, executive and judicial branch should disclose their last 7 years of tax returns if they plan to run for office. While in office, they need to be audited by the IRS. This way somebody like Nancy Pelosi who is worth about 120 million has to explain how she got there on a $174k salary. Same with every other person in congress who leaves or retires as a multimillionaire. GOP and Dems alike.

7. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Two House articles of impeachment fail to meet constitutional standards

By Alan Dershowitz, opinion contributor
    December 10, 2019

House Democrats have announced the grounds of abuse of power and obstruction of Congress on which they plan to seek the impeachment of President Trump. Neither of these proposed articles satisfy the express constitutional criteria for an impeachment, which are limited to “treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors.” Neither are high or low crimes or misdemeanors. Neither are mentioned within the Constitution.

Both are so vague and open ended that they could be applied in partisan fashion by a majority of the House against almost any president from the opposing party. Both are precisely what the Framers had rejected at their Constitutional Convention. Both raise the “greatest danger,” in the words of Alexander Hamilton, that the decision to impeach will be based on the “comparative strength of parties,” rather than on “innocence or guilt.”

That danger is now coming to pass, as House Democrats seek for the first time in American history to impeach a president without having at least some bipartisan support in Congress. Nor can they find any support in the words of the Constitution, or in the history of its adoption. A majority of the House is simply making it up as they go along in the process, thus placing themselves not only above the law but above the Constitution.

In doing this, they follow the view of Representative Maxine Waters who infamously declared that, when it comes to impeachment, “there is no law.” From her view, shared by some others, the criteria for impeaching a president is whatever a majority of the House says it is, regardless of what the Constitution mandates. This reductionistic and lawless view confuses what a majority of the House could get away with, if there is no judicial review, and what the mandated duty of all House members is, which is to support, defend, and apply the Constitution as written, not as it can be stretched to fit the actions of an opposition or controversial president.

If the House votes to impeach President Trump on grounds not authorized by the Constitution, its action, in the words of Hamilton, is void. As he put it in the Federalist Papers, “no legislative act, therefore, contrary to the Constitution, can be valid.” If this is indeed the case, then the Senate will be confronted with a constitutional dilemma, if and when it will receive a void and invalid impeachment. It will have to decide whether to proceed with a trial of charges that are unconstitutional and therefore are void.

An analogy to consider from ordinary criminal cases may be imperfect but informative. If a grand jury were to indict a citizen on an unconstitutional “crime,” like marrying a person of a different race, the trial judge would immediately dismiss the indictment and refuse to subject the defendant to a trial. Indeed, the House plays a role similar to that of a grand jury in the impeachment context, and the Senate plays a role similar to the trial court. In the presidential impeachment context, the chief justice of the Supreme Court presides and rules on the legal and evidentiary issues.

This is all uncharted ground, and it is difficult to predict how it will play out in the short term. In the long term, it is highly unlikely that President Trump will be removed by a two-thirds vote in the Senate controlled by Republicans. However, in the meantime, the unconstitutional action by a majority of the House to impeach a president on grounds not specified in the Constitution will certainly do considerable damage to the rule of law.

https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciar...AF4ZSSKLMuN-7Q
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Reports: Jeff Van Drew to Abandon Democrat Party, Join GOP

Haris Alic 14 Dec 2019

Jeff Van Drew, a moderate who represents a suburban district that Trump carried in 2016, has reportedly begun telling campaign staff and allies he will join the Republican Party, according to the New Jersey Globe.

The switch comes after Van Drew was one of two Democrats to vote against formalizing the impeachment inquiry last month. Since then, the freshman Democrat has become increasingly critical of the partisan effort.

Van Drew’s willingness to buck his party on impeachment has damaged his standing among Democrats back home. When reporting on the congressman’s imminent switch Saturday, The Washington Post cited a polling memo they obtained indicating Van Drew had lost the confidence of 58 percent of likely Democrat voters in his district.

The chance of losing renomination is purportedly a major factor in Van Drew’s decision.

In an effort to solidify the switch, Trump met with the freshman Democrat on Friday as part of a courting strategy. Were Van Drew to flip, he would be certain to receive Trump’s endorsement if he sought reelection as a Republican. Such an endorsement is made all the more likely as the top Republican already vying for the seat has ties to the Bidens and has criticized Trump in the past.

Van Drew’s defection would be an embarrassing blow to House Speak Nancy Pelosi (D-CA). Since the start of the impeachment inquiry, Pelosi has sought to keep her members in line, even as the proceedings have struggled to rise above partisan rancor.

In recent days, the speaker’s hold on her majority has particularly been tested, as 31 freshman and moderate Democrats—who like Van Drew all represent districts won by Trump in 2016–weigh if backing impeachment is worth the political risk. Many of the Trump-district Democrats, in particular, have come under fire from constituents back home over the issue.

Underscoring Pelosi’s position is the fact that she can not afford to lose more than 17 Democrats on impeachment. With Van Drew poised to switch sides, the speaker’s hold looks a little more tenuous.

https://www.breitbart.com/2020-elect...r-impeachment/

10. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

01.29.20 @ 09:20 AM
    Liked 17,787 Times in 9,439 Posts

Premium Member

Haris Alic 14 Dec 2019

Jeff Van Drew, a moderate who represents a suburban district that Trump carried in 2016, has reportedly begun telling campaign staff and allies he will join the Republican Party, according to the New Jersey Globe.

The switch comes after Van Drew was one of two Democrats to vote against formalizing the impeachment inquiry last month. Since then, the freshman Democrat has become increasingly critical of the partisan effort.

Van Drew’s willingness to buck his party on impeachment has damaged his standing among Democrats back home. When reporting on the congressman’s imminent switch Saturday, The Washington Post cited a polling memo they obtained indicating Van Drew had lost the confidence of 58 percent of likely Democrat voters in his district.

The chance of losing renomination is purportedly a major factor in Van Drew’s decision.

In an effort to solidify the switch, Trump met with the freshman Democrat on Friday as part of a courting strategy. Were Van Drew to flip, he would be certain to receive Trump’s endorsement if he sought reelection as a Republican. Such an endorsement is made all the more likely as the top Republican already vying for the seat has ties to the Bidens and has criticized Trump in the past.

Van Drew’s defection would be an embarrassing blow to House Speak Nancy Pelosi (D-CA). Since the start of the impeachment inquiry, Pelosi has sought to keep her members in line, even as the proceedings have struggled to rise above partisan rancor.

In recent days, the speaker’s hold on her majority has particularly been tested, as 31 freshman and moderate Democrats—who like Van Drew all represent districts won by Trump in 2016–weigh if backing impeachment is worth the political risk. Many of the Trump-district Democrats, in particular, have come under fire from constituents back home over the issue.

Underscoring Pelosi’s position is the fact that she can not afford to lose more than 17 Democrats on impeachment. With Van Drew poised to switch sides, the speaker’s hold looks a little more tenuous.

I applaud his move but I question why he was a member of that shit-stain party in the first place.

I guess when the other party is a shit-stain as well what difference does it make?

I wonder if his lead will cause other defections.
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

DECEMBER 14, 2019
    Alan Dershowitz explains how the Supreme Court just 'pulled the rug out of part two of impeachment'

'Look, the most important development happened today'

Alan Dershowitz believes one of the "most important" developments in the impeachment proceedings against President Donald Trump happened Friday.

Speaking with Fox News host Sean Hannity on Friday, the Harvard law professor explained the Supreme Court — by agreeing to hear a trio of cases involving subpoenas for the president's financial records — just "pulled the rug out of part two of impeachment."

"Look, the most important development happened today," Dershowitz said. "The Supreme Court of the United States absolutely pulled the rug out of part two of the impeachment referral by granting certiorari, by granting review in a case where Trump challenged a congressional subpoena. And the Supreme Court said we're going to hear this case."

"Think of what that message is: It's Trump was right," he continued. "You don't have to comply with a subpoena of Congress unless a court tells you you have to comply."

"Now, we don't know how the court is going to come out. But they made it clear that's a viable issue," Dershowitz went on to say. "So, that charge, that ground of impeachment, should be immediately removed by the House and not sent to the Senate. There's nothing to it anymore after the Supreme Court today said you're entitled to a review on an issue when the president challenges the subpoena power of Congress."

"It's all done. It's over," Dershowitz said.

The Supreme Court will hear arguments for the cases in March, and will likely issue their opinion in June 2020.

The case has significant implications for presidential immunity — in this case, whether a sitting president can resist subpoenas for their financial records — and as Dershowitz explained, the current impeachment proceedings.

Indeed, impeachment article two, which centers on Trump's alleged obstruction of Congress, charges that Trump has "directed the unprecedented, categorical, and indiscriminate defiance of subpoenas issued by the House of Representatives."

If the Supreme Court finds that Trump has sufficient authority to resist certain congressional subpoenas, the implications related to impeachment are obviously significant.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Democrat Rep. Collin Peterson Confirms He’ll Vote Against Impeaching Trump

Joshua Caplan 14 Dec 2019

Rep. Collin Peterson (D-MN), chairman the House Committee on Agriculture, confirmed Saturday that he plans to vote against impeaching President Donald Trump over his contacts with Ukraine unless, in the unlikely event, additional information comes to light.

Speaking to The Globe on Saturday, Peterson, Minnesota’s most senior member, said, “unless they come up with something between now and Wednesday,” he will vote against impeachment and expects up to five other Democrats to join him.

“Maybe something will change. I doubt it,” the lawmaker added.

The Minnesota Democrat said he believes that the president has “not committed a crime,” while most of his Seventh District constituents oppose the U.S. providing aid to other counties. He also noted the so-called “whistleblower” complaint — authored by a partisan CIA analyst — regarding President Trump’s July 25 telephone with the leader of Ukraine includes “second-hand” information.

Want Breaking News from Breitbart Direct to Your Inbox? Takes Just 2 Seconds...

The complaint alleges the president pressured Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to investigate allegations of corruption against former Vice President Joe Biden and his son, Hunter Biden, in exchange for aid. Both world leaders have denied any pressure was applied to launch the probes,and the White House published a transcript of the call as evidence no quid pro quo occurred.

“This is dividing the country for no good reason, because he’s not going to be thrown out of office,” Peterson said of his colleagues’ impeachment effort, before asking: “Why are we doing this?”

“If people don’t like Trump, they can vote against him,” he added.

Peterson’s comments came amid reports Rep. Jeff Van Drew (NJ), another moderate Democrat who opposes impeachment, is telling staff members that he plans to defect to the Republican Party.

This week, the House Judiciary Committee voted to advance two articles of impeachment against the president — abuse of power and obstruction of Congress — setting the stage for the full House to vote on them on or around Wednesday.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...eaching-trump/

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

01.29.20 @ 05:08 AM
    Liked 27,578 Times in 13,950 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post
    I applaud his move but I question why he was a member of that shit-stain party in the first place.
    Because the Republican Party isn't really any better? It's like choosing between chlamydia or gonorrhea.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Comey admits error in defense of FBI's FISA process after IG report: 'He was right, I was wrong'

Ronn Blitzer 28 mins ago

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/com...hing-ig-report

Man, this guy was in charge of the FBI. Let that sink in.
    Dude sounds like he’s ready to roll over.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

01.29.20 @ 05:08 AM
    Liked 27,578 Times in 13,950 Posts

The FBI was either innocent and incompetent, or guilty and competent.

You don't get to say you were innocent and competent with the evidence laid out.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

01.28.20 @ 07:06 PM
    Liked 2,380 Times in 1,603 Posts

Haris Alic 14 Dec 2019

A new neocon. Not sure that helps.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Durbin: U.S. Government ‘Certainly’ Owes Carter Page an Apology

Trent Baker 15 Dec 2019

Senate Minority Whip Dick Durbin (D-IL) on Sunday said the United States government owes former Donald Trump campaign adviser Carter Page an apology regarding the federal surveillance application that enabled the investigation into Trump’s presidential campaign in 2016.

CBS “Face the Nation” host Margaret Brennan asked Durbin about Page being treated “unfairly.”

“Does the U.S. government owe Carter Page an apology?” she quizzed.

“I can certainly tell you based on what we saw, they do,” Durbin replied. “And here’s the bottom line: many of us have been looking at this … secret FISA court for years saying this isn’t first and won’t be the last time the FBI misrepresents evidence before this court and proceeds. We have tried to reform the proceedings. Senator Lee, Republican, Senator Leahy, Democrat, myself, and others have been pushing for FISA reform. We couldn’t get the Republicans to join us in that effort. Maybe now they will. This should be a bipartisan effort to clean up the FISA court. What happened in this situation was inexcusable.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2019...ge-an-apology/

Unbelievable balls these people have. I guess they’re not looking forward to the Durham report or the Senate trial.

They’ve put the country through the ringer over a hoax.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

01.29.20 @ 09:36 AM
    Liked 631 Times in 395 Posts

https://www.thedailybeast.com/russia...mp-their-agent

“Russia’s State TV Calls Trump Their ‘Agent’”

Yeah. Total hoax. 🤣