Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Save
Page 3100 of 3112 FirstFirst ... 2100260030003050309030973098309931003101310231033110 ... LastLast
Results 46,486 to 46,500 of 46666
    Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 7,809 Times in 3,916 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Wow. CNN is a gift that keeps on giving punchlines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

09.16.19 @ 02:53 PM
    Liked 24,272 Times in 13,813 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Joe Walsh just announced he is challenging Trump for the 2020 Republican nomination.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...lenge-to-trump
    His campaign song?

"It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

09.16.19 @ 04:16 PM
    Liked 16,359 Times in 8,613 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by I Coulda Hada VH View Post
    His campaign song?

Works for me.
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

09.16.19 @ 04:34 PM
    Liked 18,002 Times in 10,228 Posts

Premium Member

Thumbs up Good Morning

China announces it seeks 'calm' end to trade war, as markets tank and currency hits 11-year flatline

Gregg Re 5 hours ago

China signaled on Monday it was now seeking a "calm" end to its ongoing trade war with the U.S., as Asian markets crumbled and China's currency plummeted to an 11-year low following the latest tariffs on $550 billion in Chinese goods announced last Friday by the Trump administration.

Trump said Monday that officials from China called U.S. officials and expressed interest to "get back to the table,” The Wall Street Journal reported. He called the discussions a “very positive development.”

“They want to make a deal. That’s a great thing,” he said.

News of the possible opening in negotiations came shortly after President Trump threatened to declare a national emergency that would result in American businesses freezing their relationships with China. Trump's tariff barrage on Friday was a response to China imposing its own retaliatory tariffs on $75 billion in U.S. goods.

At the Group of Seven summit in France on Sunday, White House officials rejected suggestions the president was wavering and insisted that his only regret was not implementing even more tariffs on China. Trump wrote on Twitter that world leaders at the G-7 were "laughing" at all the inaccurate media coverage of the gathering.

In response, Chinese Vice Premier Liu He told a state-controlled newspaper on Monday that "China is willing to resolve its trade dispute with the United States through calm negotiations and resolutely opposes the escalation of the conflict," Reuters first reported, citing a transcript of his remarks provided by the Chinese government. Liu is China's top trade negotiator.

Speaking at a technology conference in China, Liu added: “We believe that the escalation of the trade war is not beneficial for China, the United States, nor to the interests of the people of the world."

“We welcome enterprises from all over the world, including the United States, to invest and operate in China,” Liu said. “We will continue to create a good investment environment, protect intellectual property rights, promote the development of smart intelligent industries with our market open, resolutely oppose technological blockades and protectionism, and strive to protect the completeness of the supply chain.”

Asian shares tumbled early Monday, with Japan's benchmark Nikkei 225 started plummeting as soon as trading began and stood at 20,234.87 in the morning session, down 2.3 percent. Australia's S&P/ASX 200 slipped 1.5 percent to 6,427.20. South Korea's Kospi lost 1.7 percent to 1,916.14. Hong Kong's Hang Seng dropped 3.3 percent to 25,309.37, while the Shanghai Composite was down 1.2 percent at 2,862.87.

The yuan also slipped to 7.1487 to the dollar, weeks after the Treasury Department formally designated China a currency manipulator. The Treasury Department said it will work with the International Monetary Fund to try to rectify the “unfair competitive advantage created by China’s latest actions.”

"The gloves are coming off on both sides and as such yuan depreciation is an obvious cushion against US tariffs," Mitul Kotecha, an economist at Toronto-Dominion Bank, told Bloomberg News.

There are several reasons why China's central bank would want to allow the yuan to drop, including to help struggling local exporters who want their products to be less expensive for international purchasers. People’s Bank of China Governor Yi Gang, however, has insisted China does not "engage in competitive devaluation."

On Sunday, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin told reporters that if "China would agree to a fair and balanced relationship, we would sign that deal in a second."

Stephen Innes, managing partner at Valour Markets in Singapore, compared the difficulty of assessing the volatile market situation to reading tea leaves.

"Nobody understands where the president is coming from," he said, adding that the best thing Trump can do for market stability is to "keep quiet."

"The problem that we're faced right now is that we are making a lot of assumptions ahead of the economic realities."

The market is now dominated by fears of a portending U.S. recession, although the American economy is actually holding up, and much of the U.S. economy is made up of consumption, Innes said. If interest rates come down, he added, consumer spending is likely to go up, working as a buffer for the economy.

"What the market's really waiting for is for them to drop interest rates," Innes said. "Right now, we are still sitting on that uncertainty."

Meanwhile, Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., said on Sunday that Democrats should not criticize Trump for taking on China over trade as they have complained for years about Beijing’s policies but done nothing. Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y, for example, has urged Trump to fight China aggressively.

“Every Democrat and every Republican of note has said China cheats,” Graham said on CBS News’ “Face the Nation.” “The Democrats for years have been claiming that China should be stood up to, now Trump is and we’ve just got to accept the pain that comes with standing up to China.”

U.S. markets have also taken something of a beating. The Dow Jones Industrial Average plunged more than 600 points Friday after the latest escalation in the trade war between the U.S. and China rattled investors. The broad sell-off sent the S&P 500 to its fourth straight weekly loss.

The tumbling began after Trump responded angrily on Twitter following China's announcement of new tariffs on $75 billion in U.S. goods. In one of his tweets he "hereby ordered" U.S. companies with operations in China to consider moving them to other countries — including the U.S.

Trump also said he'd respond directly to the tariffs — and after the market closed he delivered, announcing that the U.S. would increase existing tariffs on $250 billion in Chinese goods to 30 percent from 25 percent, and that new tariffs on another $300 billion of imports would be 15 percent instead of 10 percent.

"Starting on October 1st, the 250 BILLION DOLLARS of goods and products from China, currently being taxed at 25 percent, will be taxed at 30 percent," Trump wrote on Twitter. "Additionally, the remaining 300 BILLION DOLLARS of goods and products from China, that was being taxed from September 1st at 10 percent, will now be taxed at 15 percent. Thank you for your attention to this matter!".

Zhu Huani of Mizuho Bank in Singapore said what he called Trump's "tariff tantrum" was setting off "the sense that tariffs could continue to rise," with the "the unpredictability of timing and extent of these trade actions risk accentuating the paralysis of business decisions and big-ticket business spending."

"No matter which way you cut the cake, it is nearly impossible to construct a bullish, or even neutral scenario for equity markets today," said Jeffrey Halley, senior market analyst at Oanda.

Trump also said Friday morning that he was "ordering" UPS, Federal Express and Amazon to block any deliveries from China of the powerful opioid drug fentanyl. The stocks of all three companies fell as traders tried to assess the possible implications.

The president has also raged against Federal Reserve chairman Jerome Powell for his continued refusal to cut interest rates, at one point saying: "My only question is, who is our bigger enemy, Jay Powel (sic) or [China's] Chairman Xi [Jinping]?"

That outburst came after Powell, speaking to central bankers in Jackson Hole, Wyo., gave vague assurances that the Fed "will act as appropriate" to sustain the nation's economic expansion. While the phrasing was widely seen as meaning interest rate cuts, he offered no hint of whether or how many reductions might be coming the rest of the year.

Some analysts, however, are confident the Federal Reserve will lower interest rates this year.

A quarter-point rate cut reduction in September is considered all but certain.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/chi...-year-flatline
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

6. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

09.16.19 @ 10:51 AM
    Liked 2,300 Times in 1,369 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fudd View Post
    Wow. CNN is a gift that keeps on giving punchlines.

these kinds of stories are the ones that piss me off the most. I mean WTF already, does this guy even know what Hitler, Stalin and Mao did? Totally idiotic.

Last Online

09.16.19 @ 03:41 PM
    Liked 10,711 Times in 5,888 Posts

Premium Member

If this China stuff all works out for the better, I honestly can't wait to see how the MSM covers it.

9. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

09.16.19 @ 03:31 PM
    Liked 4,407 Times in 1,952 Posts

Premium Member

I actually think Trump is being too soft. He needs to go after capital flows and assets of the dynasty families. They have the say on Xi and are most sensitive to being restricted in the US. Do it under the guise of reparations and sanctions due to illicit benefit from intellectual property theft. The tariff stuff will not work and just pits US consumers against US policy makers. You need to wedge dynasty families vs Communist party. That is where their pain spots are.

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

09.16.19 @ 01:54 PM
    Liked 2,444 Times in 1,295 Posts

Premium Member

Default Preliminary US-Japanese Trade Deal Achieved / China Yuan Collapses

☩ ☩ ☩

Last Online

09.16.19 @ 04:23 PM
    Liked 1,750 Times in 873 Posts

Premium Member

Jericho Green - Love this guy!

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

09.16.19 @ 04:12 PM
    Liked 4,477 Times in 2,700 Posts

Looks like the Trump administration did some good when it comes to transplants, especially kidneys.

While I’d need more details on covering travel/lost wages/child care costs for donors, it looks as though the other two main aspects of the order do a lot of good in increasing donations and in the level of care by understanding the lack of competition in the private market and government’s dominance (same thing) otherwise.

Assuming no crazy details, mostly pretty good stuff.

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

09.16.19 @ 01:24 PM
    Liked 1,084 Times in 683 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Bad to the Bone View Post
    these kinds of stories are the ones that piss me off the most. I mean WTF already, does this guy even know what Hitler, Stalin and Mao did? Totally idiotic.
    This reminds me of a time I was watching Jeopardy! with 'journalists' as the guests, which included Anderson Cooper and some others I don't remember.

I could not believe how absolutely stupid they were. Basic knowledge was completely lost on them.
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

09.16.19 @ 03:31 PM
    Liked 4,407 Times in 1,952 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wruff_ajax View Post
    Hey he got a shirt. Still an economic imbecile but at least he managed a shirt, moving on up

16. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

09.16.19 @ 04:12 PM
    Liked 4,477 Times in 2,700 Posts

Default THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY

Took one day for me to go from complimenting the administration to being very unhappy.

Basically, to get the wall built, he’s ordered everyone to break the law and just take people’s land. And he will pardon everyone for doing so, after the fact.

President Trump is so eager to complete hundreds of miles of border fence ahead of the 2020 presidential election that he has directed aides to fast-track billions of dollars’ worth of construction contracts, aggressively seize private land and disregard environmental rules…

He also has told worried subordinates that he will pardon them of any potential wrongdoing should they have to break laws to get the barriers built quickly…

Trump has repeatedly promised to complete 500 miles of fencing by the time voters go to the polls in November 2020…

When aides have suggested that some orders are illegal or unworkable, Trump has suggested he would pardon the officials if they would just go ahead, aides said. He has waved off worries about contracting procedures and the use of eminent domain, saying “take the land,”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/immig...e70_story.html

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

09.16.19 @ 04:16 PM
    Liked 16,359 Times in 8,613 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    Took one day for me to go from complimenting the administration to being very unhappy.

Basically, to get the wall built, he’s ordered everyone to break the law and just take people’s land. And he will pardon everyone for doing so, after the fact.

President Trump is so eager to complete hundreds of miles of border fence ahead of the 2020 presidential election that he has directed aides to fast-track billions of dollars’ worth of construction contracts, aggressively seize private land and disregard environmental rules…

He also has told worried subordinates that he will pardon them of any potential wrongdoing should they have to break laws to get the barriers built quickly…

Trump has repeatedly promised to complete 500 miles of fencing by the time voters go to the polls in November 2020…

When aides have suggested that some orders are illegal or unworkable, Trump has suggested he would pardon the officials if they would just go ahead, aides said. He has waved off worries about contracting procedures and the use of eminent domain, saying “take the land,”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/immig...e70_story.html

Its the Washington Post.

I wouldn't just accept their reporting at face value until its verified by other sources.
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

09.16.19 @ 04:34 PM
    Liked 18,002 Times in 10,228 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post
    Its the Washington Post.

I wouldn't just accept their reporting at face value until its verified by other sources.
    ditto.
    They usually retract within 72 hours. LOL
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen