Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 3349 of 3461 FirstFirst ... 234928493249329933393346334733483349335033513352335933993449 ... LastLast
Results 50,221 to 50,235 of 51910
  1. #50221
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    01.10.12
    Posts
    29,009
    Favorite VH Album

    The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

    01.26.20 @ 07:59 PM
    Likes
    21,774
    Liked 19,494 Times in 11,170 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    She took her shots at Sanders, that's for sure.

    Contested convention is her only way, it's too late for her to enter the fray and win through the primaries.
    There are some analysts that still think she’s going to. Supposedly she’s been behind the scenes trying to convince donors.
    †"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

    "But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

    "Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

    'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

    "I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

    "My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

    "But being number one doesnít really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

  2. #50222
    Baluchitherium
    Join Date
    03.07.16
    Age
    50
    Posts
    4,410
    Last Online

    01.26.20 @ 07:24 PM
    Likes
    5,516
    Liked 5,244 Times in 2,370 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    What do you make of Hillaryís Stern interview? You think sheís coming in?
    If there are still 3 or 4 going into the finally primaries before the convention their rules allow for a brokered convention more so than republican rules. If she can be viewed as a "savior" for the party she will but someone gets takes charge she will be a good party supporter.

    I think outside of Warren she would be the worst thing possible for the dems.

  3. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:


  4. #50223
    Gird your loins Daisy Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.17.08
    Age
    59
    Location
    Goose Poop, Ohio
    Posts
    14,795
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Panama
    Last Online

    01.26.20 @ 07:44 PM
    Likes
    2,593
    Liked 3,074 Times in 1,915 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    She took her shots at Sanders, that's for sure.

    Contested convention is her only way, it's too late for her to enter the fray and win through the primaries.
    I was pretty amused by that interview. Stern was definitely a safe place for her. Why she didn't do an interview with him when she was running is beyond me. I think it could have really humanized her and helped her. No one was going to lay out land mines for her. She blew it

    I agree tho, what with Iowa looming and then east coast primaries starting up, she would need to have people in place in order to compete on super Tuesday which is March 3rd , I believe MARCH 3!!!! How much could you get done in 80 days? And think about it. You need 1885 delegates to get the nomination. In February and including Super Tuesday 1500 plus are up for grabs. I read something lately that said the real race is to get at least 500 of those early delegates. Even if you gather a third of early delegates, you still need to take on 2/3 of the remaining delegates So...no freaking way she gets fundraising done to open offices, hire staff...managers, media people, strategists, pollsters, not to mention people on the ground...volunteers, regional managers..it just can't be done.

    Yeah, her path to the White House is limited to some convention sorcery, but that is not going to happen any more than when we believed that the GOP might save their soul and dump Trump at the convention.

    Could I see Biden picking her as a VP? I suppose he could do something as stupid as that. She def has some votes he could use. But she also brings baggage. So so so much baggage. And lately it seems the move is to bring on someone who has the ability to bring votes from battle ground states like Ohio, Pennsyvania, Florida, Michigan.....and just exactly how did she fare in those states at the top of the ticket?

    The importance of the VP pick can not be over stressed. It is really going to be a make it or break it this time.

  5. #50224
    Gird your loins Daisy Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.17.08
    Age
    59
    Location
    Goose Poop, Ohio
    Posts
    14,795
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Panama
    Last Online

    01.26.20 @ 07:44 PM
    Likes
    2,593
    Liked 3,074 Times in 1,915 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin Stephens View Post
    If there are still 3 or 4 going into the finally primaries before the convention their rules allow for a brokered convention more so than republican rules. If she can be viewed as a "savior" for the party she will but someone gets takes charge she will be a good party supporter.

    I think outside of Warren she would be the worst thing possible for the dems.
    Dems are in a crazy position. The candidates who are drawing the most attention and have the most energy behind their campaigns are the ones that can't get elected. The ones who could potentially be good candidates on policy positions and experience are getting no momentum. And the pairing of one from column A and one from column b is a mess of a compromise.

  6. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  7. #50225
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    01.10.12
    Posts
    29,009
    Favorite VH Album

    The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

    01.26.20 @ 07:59 PM
    Likes
    21,774
    Liked 19,494 Times in 11,170 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin Stephens View Post
    If there are still 3 or 4 going into the finally primaries before the convention their rules allow for a brokered convention more so than republican rules. If she can be viewed as a "savior" for the party she will but someone gets takes charge she will be a good party supporter.

    I think outside of Warren she would be the worst thing possible for the dems.
    Good post.
    Yeah, I don’t think the party even views her as a savior. And I’m talking about the establishment wing that supports her.
    †"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

    "But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

    "Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

    'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

    "I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

    "My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

    "But being number one doesnít really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

  8. #50226
    Sinner's Swing! Rokgtar's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.14.99
    Posts
    3,819
    Last Online

    01.26.20 @ 03:55 PM
    Likes
    1,469
    Liked 1,871 Times in 924 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    I was pretty amused by that interview. Stern was definitely a safe place for her. Why she didn't do an interview with him when she was running is beyond me. I think it could have really humanized her and helped her. No one was going to lay out land mines for her. She blew it

    I agree tho, what with Iowa looming and then east coast primaries starting up, she would need to have people in place in order to compete on super Tuesday which is March 3rd , I believe MARCH 3!!!! How much could you get done in 80 days? And think about it. You need 1885 delegates to get the nomination. In February and including Super Tuesday 1500 plus are up for grabs. I read something lately that said the real race is to get at least 500 of those early delegates. Even if you gather a third of early delegates, you still need to take on 2/3 of the remaining delegates So...no freaking way she gets fundraising done to open offices, hire staff...managers, media people, strategists, pollsters, not to mention people on the ground...volunteers, regional managers..it just can't be done.

    Yeah, her path to the White House is limited to some convention sorcery, but that is not going to happen any more than when we believed that the GOP might save their soul and dump Trump at the convention.

    Could I see Biden picking her as a VP? I suppose he could do something as stupid as that. She def has some votes he could use. But she also brings baggage. So so so much baggage. And lately it seems the move is to bring on someone who has the ability to bring votes from battle ground states like Ohio, Pennsyvania, Florida, Michigan.....and just exactly how did she fare in those states at the top of the ticket?

    The importance of the VP pick can not be over stressed. It is really going to be a make it or break it this time.
    I don't think she'd accept a VP slot, after having been the nominee and winning the popular vote. I'm no fan of hers, but I wouldn't blame her for not accepting. That's a step backwards.

  9. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:


  10. #50227
    Sinner's Swing!
    Join Date
    05.07.04
    Location
    Over Macho Grande
    Posts
    3,626
    Last Online

    01.26.20 @ 08:39 PM
    Likes
    284
    Liked 522 Times in 349 Posts

    Default

    I couldn't imagine her accepting that either..unless she had a way of offing Biden.ha
    Dealing with it.

  11. #50228
    Atomic Punk I Coulda Hada VH's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.29.00
    Location
    Land O' Lakers
    Posts
    43,064
    Favorite VH Album

    The First One
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm The One
    Last Online

    01.26.20 @ 10:15 PM
    Likes
    19,665
    Liked 25,400 Times in 14,433 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rchop84 View Post
    I couldn't imagine her accepting that either..unless she had a way of offing Biden.ha
    Uhh …
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

    "The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

    "Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

  12. #50229
    Sinner's Swing!
    Join Date
    05.07.04
    Location
    Over Macho Grande
    Posts
    3,626
    Last Online

    01.26.20 @ 08:39 PM
    Likes
    284
    Liked 522 Times in 349 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I Coulda Hada VH View Post
    Uhh …
    Js..if u believe some folks
    Dealing with it.

  13. #50230
    Banned! Nickdfresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.12.04
    Age
    49
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    1,740
    Favorite VH Album

    FAIR WARNING
    Favorite VH Song

    "Sinner's Swing!"
    Last Online

    01.20.20 @ 09:23 PM
    Likes
    16
    Liked 45 Times in 34 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    I won't vote for Trump, he's an idiot.

    But Bernie Sanders and Warren both want to prosecute executives at Exxon and other fossil fuel companies. That right there shows how fucking ignorant they are, automatic disqualification.

    Biden doesn't know what state he is in, what year it is, how to get to the stage, can't handle criticism without losing his temper, and overall, looks like a man losing his faculties.

    Buttigieg is the mayor of South Bend Indiana and wants his next job to be POTUS. Hard pass. None of the other candidates have a chance at the nomination.

    I can vote my conscience in Virginia without worrying about national impact, a Democrat is winning Virginia, just as a Democrat is winning New York. But I want Trump to win in a landslide, simply so candidates of the far left like Warren and Sanders never get traction again. I think they are a danger to the Republic.
    I've never told you how to vote...

    Vote traitor then!

  14. #50231
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    10.11.09
    Posts
    13,812
    Last Online

    01.26.20 @ 10:33 PM
    Likes
    873
    Liked 2,370 Times in 1,599 Posts

    Default

    Going to predict that if it comes down to Trump/Biden the media will cry that Trump is bullying poor Joe. I think that is the stance they take next year.

  15. #50232
    Baluchitherium
    Join Date
    03.07.16
    Age
    50
    Posts
    4,410
    Last Online

    01.26.20 @ 07:24 PM
    Likes
    5,516
    Liked 5,244 Times in 2,370 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    I've never told you how to vote...

    Vote traitor then!
    Be more specific

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

  16. #50233
    Good Enough T.B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    01.07.05
    Posts
    2,559
    Last Online

    01.26.20 @ 10:18 PM
    Likes
    181
    Liked 1,133 Times in 611 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin Stephens View Post
    Be more specific

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Booze goggles obscures a lot.

  17. #50234
    Atomic Punk ziggysmalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.24.03
    Location
    Cleveland, Oh
    Posts
    15,295
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

    01.26.20 @ 05:05 AM
    Likes
    4,098
    Liked 6,868 Times in 3,579 Posts

    Default

    The issue with Saint Hillary coming into the primaries to "save" the nomination is it will piss off a large portion of the party. They were already duped one election in 2016 when the DNC rolled out the red carpet for Hillary. Do it again and you will simply find the progressives at home even in more numbers in the general election. What incentive is it to get behind a candidate that excites them when the DNC and its donors simply rigged the nominee? This will have happened twice in 8 years.

    You think Sanders and the like are going to go out on the campaign trail for her this time? Warren's moment is now. She already did her time kissing the ring of Hillary. These people will have spent 18 months on the campaign trail.

    Granted you have the hatred of Trump but I feel that to send a message to the DNC and donors, you would see a revolt if they decide to pick Hillary in a brokered convention.

    Also, I don't think Hillary is any more popular with middle America. She has been doing the blame game since she lost and all those comments have made her look as petty as Trump

  18. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  19. #50235
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    01.10.12
    Posts
    29,009
    Favorite VH Album

    The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

    01.26.20 @ 07:59 PM
    Likes
    21,774
    Liked 19,494 Times in 11,170 Posts

    Default

    †"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

    "But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

    "Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

    'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

    "I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

    "My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

    "But being number one doesnít really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. President Bush And Vice President Dick Cheney To Be Arrested Upon Visiting Vermont
    By chefcraig in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03.06.08, 03:39 PM
  2. Donald Fagen
    By VanHagar4Life in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05.01.06, 07:49 AM
  3. Donald Trump fires Chewbacca!
    By Wolfie3 in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11.10.05, 07:13 AM
  4. Who runs this??Ray Daniels??
    By littleguitars in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10.06.01, 10:54 AM
  5. Australia mourns - Sir Donald Bradman dies, aged 92
    By Goo in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02.25.01, 10:51 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •