Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 3308 of 3378 FirstFirst ... 23082808320832583298330533063307330833093310331133183358 ... LastLast
Results 49,606 to 49,620 of 50663
    Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.14.19 @ 05:32 PM
    Liked 19,060 Times in 10,912 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post

Democrats and Republicans just voted to extend the Patriot Act, just like they got together to renew FISA 702 and loosen further the restrictions.

So letís not forget that while we are in this mess over accusation of abusing power, both parties are totally cool with abuse when it comes to warrantless surveiling of Americans.

This is one reason I have zero sympathy even if there was abuse of the FISA court to go after Trump.The mere fact that Republicans are perfectly fine with those powers being used to go after us has disqualified them from sympathy. And the fact that both parties willingly made it easier to abuse the system while the Russia thing was going on would be laughable if it werenít so sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow.
    This speaks volumes.
    †"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesnít really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

2. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.10.19 @ 10:32 PM
    Liked 4,658 Times in 2,819 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Wow.
    This speaks volumes.
    Iíve said it before on here.

If people in power think itís cool to abuse their power when we are the victims but get all twisted when itís used against them, then, plainly, fuck them.

Of course the answer is to not abuse it against anybody, but come on. January, 2018, Trump signed the bipartisan, FISA, section 702 extension which actually loosened restrictions.

If Trump had taken a principled stance and demanded reforms to the process based upon what he and some others believe happened to him, Iíd be right behind him.

But no, he complains out of one side of his mouth about him, then out of the other side decided to continue the abuses against everyone else and, oh, make it even easier to do.

Fuck that noise. Itís bullshit.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

It’s not bullshit, but ok.
    †"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesnít really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.14.19 @ 07:06 PM
    Liked 543 Times in 338 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheresOnlyOneWay View Post
    Nancy Pelosi Tells Democrats That Impeachment Is Important Because the Voters Canít Be Trusted to Make the Right Decision in 2020

ďThe weak response to these hearings has been, ĎLet the election decide.í That dangerous position only adds to the urgency of our action, because POTUS is jeopardizing the integrity of the 2020 elections.Ē

Take a little time and consider that.

Pelosi considers the matter too serious to be left to the voters. You can smear as much lipstick on Pelosi and her statement as you wish but the underlying contempt of the American voter, the electoral process, and the Constitution are still on display for all to see. For instance, this from Laurence Tribe who has not found a Democrat heís unwilling to fluff:

https://www.redstate.com/streiff/201...nt-be-trusted/
    Horribly misleading headline. Article is pure spin.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

12.13.19 @ 04:20 PM
    Liked 1,267 Times in 808 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    Horribly misleading headline. Article is pure spin.
    “The weak response to these hearings has been, ‘Let the election decide.’ That dangerous position only adds to the urgency of our action, because POTUS is jeopardizing the integrity of the 2020 elections.”

What then, does her quote mean?
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, ďTokyo Dome In Concert,Ē is available for purchase, and itís super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Itís not bullshit, but ok.
    It is absolute bullshit to be upset that FISA snooping was used against you while at the same time signing into law an extension that makes it easier to spy on people without a warrant.

There was even an amendment to stop abuses by the FBI and NSAís abuse of the system. Rejected by both parties.

Trump threatened to veto any version that curtailed abuse.

Iím astonished you canít see its bullshit for Trump to be upset at how the system may have been used against him, but while it is all going on threaten to veto due to an amendment to stop that stuff and instead makes it easier to abuse the system and spy on regular folk.

8. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

I’m astonished too. I’m astonished you still don’t get where we have been coming from regardless of how many times we explain it.

That’s ok. Agree to disagree.

10. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Iím astonished too. Iím astonished you still donít get where we have been coming from regardless of how many times we explain it.

Thatís ok. Agree to disagree.
    So you hate that it happened to Trump. But it doesnít bother you in the slightest that he refused to curb those abuses and made it easier to abuse it?

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.14.19 @ 09:49 PM
    Liked 17,311 Times in 9,152 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    So you hate that it happened to Trump. But it doesn’t bother you in the slightest that he refused to curb those abuses and made it easier to abuse it?

Yeah, he should have vetoed it.

There's a lot of things he should be doing. Here's the problem - he can't unilaterally piss off the entire Republican Party or else his ass is out of office.

You're anger is misdirected - it should be aimed at the Republicans that backed this bipartisan bullshit.

Finally whether you like him or not you should be up in arms about this shit being used as a political weapon against his campaign. That's a dangerous precedent to set and you can be angry about Trump signing this crap and still recognize it should never be used as a political weapon to try to sabotage a candidate.
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

13. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.14.19 @ 08:30 PM
    Liked 11,979 Times in 6,731 Posts

Haven't paid much attention the past couple of days, have i missed anything important?

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    Haven't paid much attention the past couple of days, have i missed anything important?
    No

16. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.14.19 @ 09:49 PM
    Liked 17,311 Times in 9,152 Posts

Premium Member

Nope.
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.14.19 @ 08:30 PM
    Liked 11,979 Times in 6,731 Posts

good to hear, thanks guys.

Last Online

12.14.19 @ 06:59 AM
    Liked 1,851 Times in 912 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlindtotheWorld View Post
    (This paragraph isn't necessarily directed at you Love)
    Reading this, I thought to myself ďhow sweet..Ē

20. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.13.19 @ 09:21 PM
    Liked 27,021 Times in 13,640 Posts

Trump made the call.

He didn't think it through beforehand.

It wasn't perfect.

He's going to be impeached in the House, then they are going to put Joe Biden on trial in the Senate.

There's your summary.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!