Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 3199 of 3298 FirstFirst ... 21992699309931493189319631973198319932003201320232093249 ... LastLast
Results 47,971 to 47,985 of 49456
    Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

11.18.19 @ 06:39 AM
    Liked 18,733 Times in 10,695 Posts

State Department official told Congress he raised concerns about Hunter Biden's Ukraine dealings in 2015 but was ignored

Brooke Singman1 hour ago

A State Department official focused on Ukraine policy told Congress this week he raised concerns about Hunter Biden’s role on the board of a Ukrainian natural gas firm in 2015, but was rebuffed by former Vice President Joe Biden’s staff, Fox News has confirmed.

Deputy Assistant Secretary of State George Kent, who testified behind closed doors before committees spearheading the formal House impeachment inquiry, told congressional investigators that he had qualms about Hunter Biden’s role on the board of the Ukrainian energy company Burisma Holdings.

The Washington Post first reported details of Kent’s testimony on Friday, which included his concerns that the younger Biden’s role in the company could complicate U.S. diplomatic efforts with Ukrainian officials, and raised the issue of a possible conflict of interest. Kent also testified that he was worried that Hunter Biden’s position would make Ukrainian officials think he was a channel of influence to his father, who was vice president at the time.

The Washington Post first reported details of Kent’s testimony on Friday, which included his concerns that the younger Biden’s role in the company could complicate U.S. diplomatic efforts with Ukrainian officials, and raised the issue of a possible conflict of interest. Kent also testified that he was worried that Hunter Biden’s position would make Ukrainian officials think he was a channel of influence to his father, who was vice president at the time.

A congressional source confirmed to Fox News on Friday that Kent testified that when he brought his concerns to the office of the vice president in 2016, his staff “blew him off” and ignored the issue involving the younger Biden's role at the firm.

Meanwhile, during his deposition on Tuesday, sources told Fox News that Kent spoke extensively about accusations of corruption linked to Burisma, noting it was a “big problem” as it relates to Ukraine.

Kent had repeatedly raised concerns with the Obama administration about the company, specifically providing an example in 2016, when he raised concerns with the Obama administration’s USAID about dropping a planned event with Burisma. Kent testified that the event involved children, and he did not feel comfortable with photos of children in conjunction with Burisma.

Sources also told Fox News that Kent told congressional investigators about the Obama administration’s efforts to remove Ukrainian prosecutor Viktor Shokin from his post. At the time, Shokin was investigating Mykola Zlochevsky, the former minister of ecology and natural resources of Ukraine — also the founder of Burisma.

Shokin was fired in April 2016, and his case was closed by the prosecutor who replaced him, Yuriy Lutsenko. Biden once famously boasted on camera that when he was vice president and leading the Obama administration’s Ukraine policy he successfully pressured Ukraine to fire Shokin — who was investigating Burisma Holdings while Hunter sat on the board.

Biden allies, though, maintain that his intervention prompting the firing of Shokin had nothing to do with his son, but was rather tied to corruption concerns.

However, Kent testified that while Shokin faced accusations of corruption, his replacement, Lutsenko, did too, and that both ex-prosecutors were godfathers to former Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko’s children. However, according to sources Kent said that while the United States pushed hard for Shokin to be fired, no one ever pushed for Lutsenko to be fired.

Shokin was widely accused of corruption on both sides of the Atlantic. Biden has said that the international community was supportive and pushing for his firing, but sources told Fox News that Kent testified that it was the United States who led that international effort to get him removed. Kent also noted, according to sources, that the international community was deferential to the U.S. on the topic.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sta...ut-was-ignored
    †"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesnít really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Last Online

11.18.19 @ 06:23 AM
    Liked 11,154 Times in 6,158 Posts

Premium Member

Hmmm? Wonder what happens if Trump gets the pop vote but the Dems squeeze by with electoral this time. Hmmm?

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

11.18.19 @ 06:44 AM
    Liked 466 Times in 312 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    Hmmm? Wonder what happens if Trump gets the pop vote but the Dems squeeze by with electoral this time. Hmmm?
    I'm sure he will bow out with class and dignity
    Dealing with it.

Last Online

10.31.19 @ 06:25 PM
    Liked 146 Times in 80 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post
    This is a big country. We got more than 40 million people here in California, for the most part outraged by what is happening in DC.
    No one cares what your morally and fiscally bankrupt state thinks. You went all in on Clinton in 2016, how did that work out?
    EDDIE IS THE ULTIMATE ROCK DOG!

Sinner's Swing! BlindtotheWorld's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

11.18.19 @ 06:10 AM
    Liked 1,866 Times in 987 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    They could pack 300,000 in there and Texas would still have 38 electoral votes. and FLorida will still have 27 and California 55. This election is going to won or lost in the heartland
    Absolutely but I think the point being made is that enthusiasm hasn't dropped if we use these rallies as indicators. We must also keep in mind that these rallies were dismissed in the 2016 campaign as not being a good barometer of Trump's support. The media has been telling us for 3 years that he's done a horrendous job on virtually every front and has exhibited criminal behavior at various times. Despite this, he still has the crowds.

For me personally, this is interesting to see since Trump is so toxic to half the country. I live in an area where if I wore a MAGA hat that I'm guaranteed to be verbally attacked with a good chance of being physically attacked. Most of us canít afford to outwardly support the president. One picture of on facebook and the next thing you know you are being dox'd, vilified at work, and maybe even fired.
    "Problem is Van Halen doesn't miss you. Or me. Or any of us." - Little Dreamer

"So, Dave's in the same boat as the rest of planet Earth. He's no longer in a band that doesn't even exist." - I Coulda Hada VH

6. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

10.27.19 @ 03:05 PM
    Liked 111 Times in 68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    Living in PA I can tell you that doing nothing to lower health care costs is going to cost Trump votes here. According to my congressman we have one of the highest premium rates in central PA in the USA. I'm pretty sure York and Adams counties put him over too. I would look for numerous appearences here.
    I know that he's still pretty popular in this part of the state, I'm just going by people I've talked to and all the signs/flags I see, also the wife and I tried to go to his rally in Erie and couldn't even get in the door. I'm interested to see how he does in Erie County this time, since he carried last go around.
    Pain or damage donít end the world, or despair, or fuckiní beatings. The world ends when youíre dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man ó and give some back.
    -Al Swearengen

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by BlindtotheWorld View Post
    Absolutely but I think the point being made is that enthusiasm hasn't dropped if we use these rallies as indicators. We must also keep in mind that these rallies were dismissed in the 2016 campaign as not being a good barometer of Trump's support. The media has been telling us for 3 years that he's done a horrendous job on virtually every front and has exhibited criminal behavior at various times. Despite this, he still has the crowds.

For me personally, this is interesting to see since Trump is so toxic to half the country. I live in an area where if I wore a MAGA hat that I'm guaranteed to be verbally attacked with a good chance of being physically attacked. Most of us can’t afford to outwardly support the president. One picture of on facebook and the next thing you know you are being dox'd, vilified at work, and maybe even fired.
    He sure packed the house in Minnesota too.
    †"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesnít really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

11.18.19 @ 06:45 AM
    Liked 4,749 Times in 2,140 Posts

Trump has to make it to the 2020 election first.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darrin Stephens View Post
    Trump has to make it to the 2020 election first.

Well sure but a lot of people have been wishfully saying that since November 2016. The Dems simply ran out of time and now have to go with one of their pre-planned impeachment attempts since Mueller failed them. I wiish them luck.

We can pretend that Trump is some over-the-top, crazy outlier and maybe he is, but I think the Dems are setting some dangerous precedents with their opposition party tactics. If Trump gets elected again, after 8 years, the "deep state" will be composed of many Trump people who will all be waiting to blow whistles on every call the future Dem president makes. I honestly hope that doesn't happen - so bad for the country. Checks and balances doesn't mean non-stop spying and investigations of the day-to-day activities of the president.

"So, Dave's in the same boat as the rest of planet Earth. He's no longer in a band that doesn't even exist." - I Coulda Hada VH

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

He’ll be there.

Here’s to appointing good people that will get rid of the political operatives that have been placed there.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by BlindtotheWorld View Post
    Well sure but a lot of people have been wishfully saying that since November 2016. The Dems simply ran out of time and now have to go with one of their pre-planned impeachment attempts since Mueller failed them. I wiish them luck.

We can pretend that Trump is some over-the-top, crazy outlier and maybe he is, but I think the Dems are setting some dangerous precedents with their opposition party tactics. If Trump gets elected again, after 8 years, the "deep state" will be composed of many Trump people who will all be waiting to blow whistles on every call the future Dem president makes. I honestly hope that doesn't happen - so bad for the country. Checks and balances doesn't mean non-stop spying and investigations of the day-to-day activities of the president.
    First off, totally sucks you have to self sensor wearing a hat so not to get hassled. Sorry that is just wrong.

Trump is making a mistake how he has handled this process and not taking it seriously. 100% agree Dems numerous tribal claims every few months discredit them. Both sides are poorly served treating this as another partisan play. Remive Schiff an idots who can not check themselves and Trump needs to realize this all comes from within the WH entirely. So far depositions have almost exclusively been from Republicans. This is different and both sides would be well served to treat as such.

13. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Last Online

11.17.19 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 1,039 Times in 555 Posts

Premium Member

Can someone explain to me the current strategy the Dems seem to have in their impeachment process? Is the idea to drag the so-called investigative phase out 'til late Summer 2020 so a opportunity to vote comes *after* the 2020 election (especially if Trump wins a 2nd term) in the hope that Dems have a majority in both Houses and/or maybe a Dem POTUS and can just avoid the whole vote altogether? Or is it they will go for pushing it to a vote before Spring which they will unlikely get a majority thanks to Republicans but simply want to put the Rs on the spot in a big roll of the dice to get more Dem seats and a Dem POTUS pick running against a tainted Trump (or if he unlikely resigns, Pence) in the 2020 election?

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darrin Stephens View Post
    First off, totally sucks you have to self sensor wearing a hat so not to get hassled. Sorry that is just wrong.
    Just to be clear, I don't want to wear the hat. Wearing a political hat is not my thing nor are bumper stickers but I just think it's really terrible that one can't.

16. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by T.B. View Post
    Can someone explain to me the current strategy the Dems seem to have in their impeachment process? Is the idea to drag the so-called investigative phase out 'til late Summer 2020 so a opportunity to vote comes *after* the 2020 election (especially if Trump wins a 2nd term) in the hope that Dems have a majority in both Houses and/or maybe a Dem POTUS and can just avoid the whole vote altogether? Or is it they will go for pushing it to a vote before Spring which they will unlikely get a majority thanks to Republicans but simply want to put the Rs on the spot in a big roll of the dice to get more Dem seats and a Dem POTUS pick running against a tainted Trump (or if he unlikely resigns, Pence) in the 2020 election?
    They will want to get to trial sooner than later. You do not want to pull half the democratic hopefuls off the campaign trail as Senators need to be in DC for the trial. You also run the risk if waiting to the summer that you can produce a solid case to convict but senators will just say let the electorate decide since so close to election. I think they hope to trial in over the holidays. Having some witnesses get hit with criminal charges causes some issues and how southern district shares digital trail with house will be important as they have a 6 month lead in the investigation.

Personally I feel Trump is out by the end of Feb. whether conviction or resigns. Trumpers will of course say no way, again we are only 4 depositions in and no document or digital discovery yet. It is moving fast but unlike Clinton the House does not have investigation complete before taking it up.
    Last edited by Darrin Stephens; 10.18.19 at 12:40 PM.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

There’s more evidence of funny business on the part of the Dem hoaxters so far. Looks like if it goes to trial (LoL) at best it will be a live version of Tar- baby and Br'er Rabbit.

19. The Following Member Likes This Post: