Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

07.22.19 @ 06:06 PM
    Liked 11,005 Times in 6,162 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    [Published 2 hours agoLast Update 1 hour ago

Trump drops in on New Jersey wedding, as attendees chant 'USA!'

After a tumultuous and bizarre week in Washington, President Trump unexpectedly dropped in on the wedding of PJ Mongelli and Nicole Marie Mongelli on Saturday night at the Trump National Golf Club Bedminster in New Jersey, as enthusiastic attendees broke into chants of "USA."

Fox News is told the bride and groom are huge fans of the president, had dreamed of him attending their wedding and got engaged at the golf club in 2017. Flags and pro-Trump banners could be seen at the event.

The bride said she'd sent numerous requests to the president in hopes he would attend -- and that Trump ended up paying two visits to separate wedding events. At the first event, he vowed to show up to the second, and kept his word.

As Trump talked with members of the family, a man approached him and shouted, "I'm the father, I'm the father! Thank you so much!"

"Great job. You did a good job," Trump responded.

In videos posted to social media, Secret Service agents were seen keeping most attendees at bay while the bride and groom approached Trump and hugged him.

"Where's the groom? Handsome -- look at his shoulders," Trump said. "Nobody's gonna mess with him."

ďStaten Island is the greatest," Trump said, when the groom told him told hundreds of guests from the borough would be attending a party later. "I love it. I'll see if I can stop by."

Trump, indeed, did stop by the second event, as the crowd erupted into a "USA!" chant.

Meanwhile, a slew of negative comments about Trump's appearance at the wedding appeared on Twitter and other social media platforms Sunday, tinged with bitterness and partisan overtones.

The president has a history of personally reaching out to fans, both inside and outside his properties -- but his wedding drop-ins on his properties are especially well-known.

"If he is on-site for your big day, he will likely stop in & congratulate the happy couple," a since-discontinued brochure from the golf club previously advertised. "He may take some photos with you but we ask you and your guests to be respectful of his time & privacy."

In March, Trump fulfilled a terminally ill Connecticut man's dying wish with a phone call -- with a little help from the man's sister, an elected Democrat.

Video of the episode showed 44-year-old Jay Barrett, of West Haven, reacting with shock when he realized Trump was on the phone.

"You look good," Trump said. "I wish you could come to a rally. I wish you could come, I know you like that stuff. I wish you could. It sounds like you have a great sister, Jay."

Trump promised Jay that when he'd have a rally nearby, he'll "be sitting front row, center.Ē Trump added, "I know where you live," and said he was very familiar with the area.

Barrett, however, died just days after the call.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...dees-chant-usa

Trump 2020!
    No matter your politics, that's really cool. Reminds me of the video of Taylor Swift showing up at a fan's bridal shower.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

2. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

07.22.19 @ 04:07 PM
    Liked 17,388 Times in 9,821 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    No matter your politics, that's really cool. Reminds me of the video of Taylor Swift showing up at a fan's bridal shower.

The video of the dying man receiving his call was something else. They sounded like two neighbors talking.
    †"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesnít really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

4. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 7,523 Times in 3,739 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post

Say what you want about the man but he does have a heart. I donít know if another president would do this. Iíve seen a video with him surprising folks at the White House as well when they were on a tour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

07.22.19 @ 04:07 PM
    Liked 17,388 Times in 9,821 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by fudd View Post
    Say what you want about the man but he does have a heart. I don’t know if another president would do this. I’ve seen a video with him surprising folks at the White House as well when they were on a tour.

What did you think of the accompanying video of the phone call?
    †"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesnít really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 7,523 Times in 3,739 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    What did you think of the accompanying video of the phone call?
    Thought it was great. Shows a human side of him. He should do it more often.

I donít think heís a bad guy. He loves this country and loves the people. He should just stay off Twitter.

9. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

07.22.19 @ 04:19 PM
    Liked 2,334 Times in 1,236 Posts

KAG today
    ☩ ☩ ☩

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

07.22.19 @ 05:57 PM
    Liked 15,788 Times in 8,284 Posts

Premium Member

"Meanwhile, a slew of negative comments about Trump's appearance at the wedding appeared on Twitter and other social media platforms Sunday, tinged with bitterness and partisan overtones."

You've got to be a real fucking lowlife to take to social media to make negative comments about the President dropping by someone's wedding to congratulate them.

What the fuck is wrong with people?
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

12. The Following Member Likes This Post: