Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 3284 of 3347 FirstFirst ... 22842784318432343274328132823283328432853286328732943334 ... LastLast
Results 49,246 to 49,260 of 50196
    Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

12.06.19 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 1,237 Times in 787 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I'm prepping this for print right now:

IMG_20190925_220117.jpg
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

2. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

Premium Member

Donor

Ah, geez...

2020: Witch Hunt Rallies Trump Base

Donald Trump Campaign Raises $3.1 Million in Small Donations During Impeachment Hearings

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ment-hearings/

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

Premium Member

Donor

Donors ‘Coming Out of the Woodwork,’ 100k More Volunteers Because of Impeachment

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2019...f-impeachment/

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.06.19 @ 10:22 AM
    Liked 17,219 Times in 9,091 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    Well, again, the accused is choosing not to cooperate at all. He’s intimidating firsthand witnesses from participating as well. That’s also not how this is supposed to work.

But you’re missing one thing. Congress appropriated the money without strings attached. Trump withholding it, at best, is a violation of the separation of powers. He doesn’t get to unilaterally decide Congress should have added strings.

But here we go, here’s the “sham.”

Trump illegally withheld aid. He first said it was to end corruption. The DOJ, Pentagon, and State Secretary all said that had already happened before he did it. Also, Zelensky already agreed to the investigations. He also said it was to get allies to pay more. He gave the aid before that happened. Also no allies where ever contacted about paying more.

Zelensky’s staff tells The NY Times and the press in Ukraine it was withheld in exchange for a public announcement. Trump supporter, appointee, Ambassador Sondland has firsthand knowledge and says it was being withheld for public announcement. The US lead in Ukraine says that what was intimated to him was that it was being withheld for an announcement. Texts show both of them and Volker were shaping language for that announcement.

So his reasons for doing it hold no water, we know he withheld it, and witnesses, including one firsthand witness tells us why: to get a public announcement on two investigations, an announcement multiple parties say was scheduled. Texts also show our involvement in writing the announcement.

What do others with firsthand knowledge know? We don’t know because they’ve been told not to cooperate.

A grand jury would’ve indicted already. I’m not in charge of anything, but there is evidence to move forward. I’m not sure how to seriously refute that there is “nothing” when there is clearly something.

It could all be explained. But so far the side that says that isn’t participating and is threatening others not to as well.

So yes, that’s not how it’s supposed to work.

So me saying, “I won’t defend what he did as wise; it wasn’t. It wasn’t helpful at all,” is me

…*checks notes*…

defending what Schiff did? Did I somehow stroke out and use the wrong words?

Saying people are stupid for believing Schiff read a transcript of the actual call and explaining why that is does not amount to support or condoning what he did, which I specifically said I couldn’t defend as a good thing to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Again, he doesn't have to. Just like I don't have to take the stand in my own defense at a trial.

And who the fuck knows if Sondland is telling the truth. He's already contradicted his own testimony so I'm not going to believe a damn thing that chucklehead says.

Read this. Maybe it will help set you straight.

https://thefederalist.com/2019/11/14...oreign-policy/
    Last edited by Get The Show On The Road; 11.14.19 at 01:09 PM.
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

6. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.06.19 @ 10:23 AM
    Liked 4,644 Times in 2,810 Posts

Default THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY

Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post
    Again, he doesn't have to. Just like I don't have to take the stand in my own defense at a trial.

And who the fuck knows if Sondland is telling the truth. He's already contradicted his own testimony so I'm not going to believe a damn thing that chucklehead says.

Read this. Maybe it will help set you straight.

https://thefederalist.com/2019/11/14...oreign-policy/
    So how do we reconcile that article with statements by the guy running that operation that it was first and foremost definitely for the personal benefit of Trump…and also that it could be beneficial for the US (though that also means it could be neutral or detrimental)? How about that it was definitely not foreign policy?

But let’s even set that aside. Let’s take the Fedralist argument that the President has absolute power to set foreign policy. He also has the absolute power to pardon people.

So if the President began only pardoning people on the condition they or their representatives rent a place in Trump Tower, is that permissible under his absolute power to pardon people?

No quid pro quo. The President just won’t sign the pardon until you sign the lease.

Absolute power to pardon.

Last edited by lovemachine97(Version 2); 11.14.19 at 01:52 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Premium Member

So how do we reconcile that article with statements by the guy running that operation that it was first and foremost definitely for the personal benefit of Trump…and also that it could be beneficial for the US (though that also means it could be neutral or detrimental)? How about that it was definitely not foreign policy?

But let’s even set that aside. Let’s take the Fedralist argument that the President has absolute power to set foreign policy. He also has the absolute power to pardon people.

So if the President began only pardoning people on the condition they or their representatives rent a place in Trump Tower, is that permissible under his absolute power to pardon people?

No quid pro quo. The President just won’t sign the pardon until you sign the lease.

Absolute power to pardon.

Foreign policy and pardons are two different things. I don't think you're making a fair or accurate representation of the article.

The Federalist is pointing out that Trump has the absolute power to set foreign policy, not Sondland or Taylor, or anyone else.

They can make their feelings known, but if the President decides to go against their recommendations or wishes that's too bad. They can either accept it or resign.

These two goofballs plus Venkman are trying to usurp Trump's authority to set Ukraine policy because they don't like it. It is perfectly reasonable and highly likely that the withholding of the aid was because of the corruption, of which Biden was involved.

Again, Biden is not immune from being investigated in a corruption scandal just because he's running for President. And, even if it is true that Trump wanted Zelensky to go on CNN and announce the investigation (which I have my doubts about, that Daily Beast article was full of unnamed sources as usual) it doesn't matter because Biden and his son are knee deep in the corruption that Trump wanted investigated.

It is my belief that certain people are afraid of what will come out if an open and thorough investigation about what went on in Ukraine was to take place. And that is why you're seeing this impeachment nonsense, it's a distraction from the real scandal which is the FBI, CIA, State Department, and members of the Obama Administration, including Obama himself using a foreign power to try to rig a domestic election.

Sound familar?

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Premium Member

Golly gee, why would certain people not want an anti-corruption investigation in the Ukraine?

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign...up-during-2016

And looky here, there's that George Kent guy again.

Weird.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post
    Foreign policy and pardons are two different things. I don't think you're making a fair or accurate representation of the article.

The Federalist is pointing out that Trump has the absolute power to set foreign policy, not Sondland or Taylor, or anyone else.

They can make their feelings known, but if the President decides to go against their recommendations or wishes that's too bad. They can either accept it or resign.

These two goofballs plus Venkman are trying to usurp Trump's authority to set Ukraine policy because they don't like it. It is perfectly reasonable and highly likely that the withholding of the aid was because of the corruption, of which Biden was involved.

Again, Biden is not immune from being investigated in a corruption scandal just because he's running for President. And, even if it is true that Trump wanted Zelensky to go on CNN and announce the investigation (which I have my doubts about, that Daily Beast article was full of unnamed sources as usual) it doesn't matter because Biden and his son are knee deep in the corruption that Trump wanted investigated.

It is my belief that certain people are afraid of what will come out if an open and thorough investigation about what went on in Ukraine was to take place. And that is why you're seeing this impeachment nonsense, it's a distraction from the real scandal which is the FBI, CIA, State Department, and members of the Obama Administration, including Obama himself using a foreign power to try to rig a domestic election.

Sound familar?
    Right, but does that include the absolute right to do so corruptly? That’s my question. Power to pardon and foreign policy are both powers of the office. The question is more broad: are the absolute powers of the presidency so absolute that abuse is impossible?

The Daily Beast article was only useful in that it had the quote from CNN and wasn’t CNN so I didn’t have to deal with “Well, it’s CNN, so…”. Otherwise, it’s The NY Times article.

I’m trying to nail down exactly where you are coming from, so just assume the scenario below has been proven. (Where I am coming from is, I think there’s evidence, let’s let the process play out. It would have to be overwhelming to have Republicans remove him from office, so at this point the Democrats are risking more.)

So imagine the President is not listening to the aids who help him find people to pardon and he puts Giuliani in charge. Giuliani is then negotiating Trump Tower leases in exchange for pardons. He tells the Times, “This is very good for my client, and could be good for the US.”

Is this an abuse of power? I ask this just to gauge where you are in relation to that Federalist article. If the answer is no, then we can stop yelling at each other over it and go find one of the other 75% of things we have m in common and yell at others about that

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

12.06.19 @ 09:41 AM
    Liked 4,887 Times in 2,209 Posts

Has anyone actually seen Trump's birth certificate?

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Darrin Stephens View Post
    Has anyone actually seen Trump's birth certificate?
    He looks like he’s part Oompa Loompa, so it’s certainly possible he isn’t qualified

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

12.06.19 @ 09:41 AM
    Liked 4,887 Times in 2,209 Posts

Pre bail out Trump had very different views towards debt. Can't imagine any candidate running on eliminate the debt now when we can not even control deficits

https://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/stor...ich/index.html
    Last edited by Darrin Stephens; 11.14.19 at 04:18 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 8,082 Times in 4,070 Posts

Donor

Jesus H Christ on a pogo stick. We are headed for a civil war.

Last Online

12.06.19 @ 08:19 AM
    Liked 1,055 Times in 568 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by fudd View Post
    Jesus H Christ on a pogo stick. We are headed for a civil war.

No we're not. Trump gets impeached or loses in 2020, you're not going to see angry middle class Republicans rioting and burning down private property in major cities like when the Hilldog lost in 2016 and Libs lost their minds. Sure, there will be some pissing and moaning, probably a few isolated whackjobs doing what whackjobs do, but life will go on.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Premium Member

Right, but does that include the absolute right to do so corruptly? That’s my question. Power to pardon and foreign policy are both powers of the office. The question is more broad: are the absolute powers of the presidency so absolute that abuse is impossible?

The Daily Beast article was only useful in that it had the quote from CNN and wasn’t CNN so I didn’t have to deal with “Well, it’s CNN, so…”. Otherwise, it’s The NY Times article.

I’m trying to nail down exactly where you are coming from, so just assume the scenario below has been proven. (Where I am coming from is, I think there’s evidence, let’s let the process play out. It would have to be overwhelming to have Republicans remove him from office, so at this point the Democrats are risking more.)

So imagine the President is not listening to the aids who help him find people to pardon and he puts Giuliani in charge. Giuliani is then negotiating Trump Tower leases in exchange for pardons. He tells the Times, “This is very good for my client, and could be good for the US.”

Is this an abuse of power?
    I ask this just to gauge where you are in relation to that Federalist article. If the answer is no, then we can stop yelling at each other over it and go find one of the other 75% of things we have m in common and yell at others about that

Yeah, in that scenario its an abuse of power.

And likely bribery as well.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Premium Member

Again, this isn't about whether or not you like or hate Trump.

It is about the process itself.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...ernment-within

Schiff is an absolute POS and should not be involved in any of this.

Frankly a scumbag like him shouldn't even be in our government, but it is a sign of the decay in our society that a fucking hack like him is not only a government official, but is the chairman of a committee that is leading this farce.