Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 3307 of 3378 FirstFirst ... 23072807320732573297330433053306330733083309331033173357 ... LastLast
Results 49,591 to 49,605 of 50663
    Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.14.19 @ 09:57 PM
    Liked 17,311 Times in 9,152 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    The basic premise boils down to this: do you believe the POTUS has the right to say and do whatever he wants, and investigate whomever he wants.

For me, the answer is a resounding no, and Trump abused his office in regards to Turkey investigating Biden. That being said, I honestly don't think Trump INTENDED to abuse the power of his office, he just keeps doing things like he is still the CEO of Trump, leaning on suppliers, contractors, etc. He doesn't think before he acts, and he is all impulse. Tillerson felt his job had become telling Trump "no sir, you can't do that."

It's how he operates, and he either isn't smart enough, or simply has no inclination to change his behavior to fit his new role.

I don't think what he did was an impeachable offense. Wrong, yes. Kicked out of office? No.
    I agree with you for the most part.

You still feel the same way if Biden wasn't running for the Dem nomination?

To me that shady shit deserves an investigation and answer whether Biden is running for President or not.
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.13.19 @ 09:21 PM
    Liked 27,022 Times in 13,640 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post
    I agree with you for the most part.

You still feel the same way if Biden wasn't running for the Dem nomination?

To me that shady shit deserves an investigation and answer whether Biden is running for President or not.
    It's a bad look that the children of our political "elites" are getting cushy jobs because of who mom and dad are. That being said, it happens all the time in private companies as well. Think Jared Kushner or Ivanka Trump get anywhere close to working in the White House if Trump isn't POTUS?

Hell no, they aren't qualified.

If Biden used his influence as VP to help out his son, yeah, it should be investigated. However, Trump should NOT be the one initiating it, and anyone with a lick of sense (him, not you) should know that.

If he wanted Turkey to investigate Biden, asking them to do it on an open phone call with official transcripts and US and Turkish officials listening in is absolutely moronic on his part.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.14.19 @ 05:32 PM
    Liked 19,060 Times in 10,912 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    True, but not my point. I’m talking in simple terms, of course. But the number of people under the executive branch that have acquired their jobs during this administration that the administration has said were treasonous or working against him is reaching a number where we should be concerned that the administration is failing at a key function.

Or they aren’t actually treasonous never Trumpers.

I’m betting on the latter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Still applies. No POTUS is going to have someone in mind to fill every post in this massive bureaucracy.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Sinner's Swing! BlindtotheWorld's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

12.13.19 @ 07:50 AM
    Liked 1,938 Times in 1,034 Posts

Premium Member

Sure, but I’m unclear what that is, here. He heard something concerning and said something.

A lot of people have concerns about what went on.

Agreed. That's why I think it makes no sense outside of politics to have him testify. He's just another guy who the Dems say is beyond reproach and if he feels Trump was inappropriate, Trump should be removed from office. The whole premise is silly.

I don't think what he did was an impeachable offense. Wrong, yes. Kicked out of office? No.
    Exactly, that's what elections are for. Don't like it, vote his ass out.
    "Problem is Van Halen doesn't miss you. Or me. Or any of us." - Little Dreamer

"So, Dave's in the same boat as the rest of planet Earth. He's no longer in a band that doesn't even exist." - I Coulda Hada VH

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.10.19 @ 10:32 PM
    Liked 4,658 Times in 2,819 Posts

It's a bad look that the children of our political "elites" are getting cushy jobs because of who mom and dad are. That being said, it happens all the time in private companies as well. Think Jared Kushner or Ivanka Trump get anywhere close to working in the White House if Trump isn't POTUS?

Hell no, they aren't qualified.

If Biden used his influence as VP to help out his son, yeah, it should be investigated. However, Trump should NOT be the one initiating it, and anyone with a lick of sense (him, not you) should know that.

If he wanted Turkey to investigate Biden, asking them to do it on an open phone call with official transcripts and US and Turkish officials listening in is absolutely moronic on his part.
    I could be wrong on this, but Trump’s position is that Burisma was being investigated by Ukraine for corruption but then Biden had it stopped, and that’s what he wants investigated—not how Hunter got the job.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Still applies. No POTUS is going to have someone in mind to fill every post in this massive bureaucracy.
    There’s a disconnect for me here, though. He gets credit for the entire state of the economy, but no blame for hiring many people he later says are treasonous never Trumpers.

Again, I think the simpler explanation is they aren’t treasonous never Trumpers, he’s just lashing out at what he feels is betrayal.

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

12.13.19 @ 04:20 PM
    Liked 1,267 Times in 808 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

The campaign to impeach President Trump has begun

Jan. 20, 2017

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ump-has-begun/

Idiots.
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by BlindtotheWorld View Post
    Agreed. That's why I think it makes no sense outside of politics to have him testify. He's just another guy who the Dems say is beyond reproach and if he feels Trump was inappropriate, Trump should be removed from office. The whole premise is silly.

Exactly, that's what elections are for. Don't like it, vote his ass out.
    To me, this is a moving goalpost.

“We have the memo and people who actually listened to the call. We don’t need the whistleblower.”

“Doesn’t matter. The whistleblower must be outed and testify, and we all must remember the whistleblower only had second-hand information.”

“Okay, here’s a firsthand witness who listened to the call.”

“He’s just another guy; it makes no sense for him to testify.”

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

12.13.19 @ 04:20 PM
    Liked 1,267 Times in 808 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Nancy Pelosi Tells Democrats That Impeachment Is Important Because the Voters Can’t Be Trusted to Make the Right Decision in 2020

“The weak response to these hearings has been, ‘Let the election decide.’ That dangerous position only adds to the urgency of our action, because POTUS is jeopardizing the integrity of the 2020 elections.”

Take a little time and consider that.

Pelosi considers the matter too serious to be left to the voters. You can smear as much lipstick on Pelosi and her statement as you wish but the underlying contempt of the American voter, the electoral process, and the Constitution are still on display for all to see. For instance, this from Laurence Tribe who has not found a Democrat he’s unwilling to fluff:

https://www.redstate.com/streiff/201...nt-be-trusted/
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Premium Member

To me, this is a moving goalpost.

“We have the memo and people who actually listened to the call. We don’t need the whistleblower.”

“Doesn’t matter. The whistleblower must be outed and testify, and we all must remember the whistleblower only had second-hand information.”

“Okay, here’s a firsthand witness who listened to the call.”

“He’s just another guy; it makes no sense for him to testify.”

Well, seeing that all their testimony is amounting to is how the call made them "feel" their testimony is worthless.

Not one of them has said anything we didn't already know.

10. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by TheresOnlyOneWay View Post
    The campaign to impeach President Trump has begun

Jan. 20, 2017

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ump-has-begun/

Idiots.
    End of.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

There’s a disconnect for me here, though. He gets credit for the entire state of the economy, but no blame for hiring many people he later says are treasonous never Trumpers.

Again, I think the simpler explanation is they aren’t treasonous never Trumpers, he’s just lashing out at what he feels is betrayal.

You’ll have to take your economy comment with those that are doing that. I give him credit for what he’s responsible for as far as the economy. To think that his policies had nothing to do with the massive difference in the economy between the Obama years and now is just hating on the guy.

You really believe that every president comes on and fills every single seat in our massive bureaucracy with people they know?

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post
    Well, seeing that all their testimony is amounting to is how the call made them "feel" their testimony is worthless.

Not one of them has said anything we didn't already know.
    I’m not sure that’s a fair characterization, but that’s beside the point today.

Democrats and Republicans just voted to extend the Patriot Act, just like they got together to renew FISA 702 and loosen further the restrictions.

So let’s not forget that while we are in this mess over accusation of abusing power, both parties are totally cool with abuse when it comes to warrantless surveiling of Americans.

This is one reason I have zero sympathy even if there was abuse of the FISA court to go after Trump. The mere fact that Republicans are perfectly fine with those powers being used to go after us has disqualified them from sympathy. And the fact that both parties willingly made it easier to abuse the system while the Russia thing was going on would be laughable if it weren’t so sad.

That’s the real Russia story, that during all of that, both parties made the system easier to abuse by loosening what little restrictions there were.

Proof neither party—even the Trump-led party—cares not about you and me.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Premium Member

This pretty much sums up the clown show in Congress the last couple days.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Premium Member

I’m not sure that’s a fair characterization, but that’s beside the point today.

Democrats and Republicans just voted to extend the Patriot Act, just like they got together to renew FISA 702 and loosen further the restrictions.

So let’s not forget that while we are in this mess over accusation of abusing power, both parties are totally cool with abuse when it comes to warrantless surveiling of Americans.

This is one reason I have zero sympathy even if there was abuse of the FISA court to go after Trump. The mere fact that Republicans are perfectly fine with those powers being used to go after us has disqualified them from sympathy. And the fact that both parties willingly made it easier to abuse the system while the Russia thing was going on would be laughable if it weren’t so sad.

That’s the real Russia story, that during all of that, both parties made the system easier to abuse by loosening what little restrictions there were.

Proof neither party—even the Trump-led party—cares not about you and me.

I could have told you that.

16. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    You’ll have to take your economy comment with those that are doing that. I give him credit for what he’s responsible for as far as the economy. To think that his policies had nothing to do with the massive difference in the economy between the Obama years and now is just hating on the guy.

You really believe that every president comes on and fills every single seat in our massive bureaucracy with people they know?
    I think I’ve made it pretty clear that I think A) Presidents get too much credit and too much blame for the economy, B) that the list of people called treasonous Never Trumpers without evidence by Trump aren’t actually those things.

As I said earlier, of course he doesn’t personally oversee everything. But the scenario he’s presenting is false. That’s what I’m saying. What he’s saying is untrue. If it WERE true, then it would be concerning for the Executive Branch at large, but it isn’t true.