Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Save
Page 3089 of 3114 FirstFirst ... 2089258929893039307930863087308830893090309130923099 ... LastLast
Results 46,321 to 46,335 of 46699
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

09.22.19 @ 09:03 PM
    Liked 4,477 Times in 2,700 Posts

Default THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY

Looks like Apple’s Tim Cook may have talked some sense into Trump on tariffs. (https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/a...mpression=true)

The White House has taken it seriously enough to make some moves to avoid a recession (https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/19/b...gtype=Homepage)

…The majority of Apple’s products are due to be hit with 10% tariffs in the next weeks or months. Levies on the iPhone, iPad, and Apple laptops have been pushed back to Dec. 15, but the tariff hit on the Apple Watch, AirPods, and many accessories is still planned for Sept. 1.

Trump said Cook made a “good case” about the difficulty in competing with Samsung if Apple products are subject to import tariffs. “I thought he made a very compelling argument.”

Apple’s problem is that, as an American company, they employee many high wage workers here in the US but assemble their products in China. But major foreign competitors, like Samsung, assemble in Vietnam and South Korea (as well as China), meaning they would get a competitive advantage over Apple with the new Chinese tariffs.

“It’s tough for Apple to pay tariffs if it’s competing with a very good company that’s not,” Trump said.

Unfortunately, it wasn’t soon enough for the steel industry. The tariffs, meant to help it, predictably have not. US Steel, on the heels of shutting down two blast furnaces in two facilities is ready to lay off 200 workers due to a dramatic fall in demand. US Steel’s stock price has plunged by nearly 75% since the tariffs were enacted. (https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/08/19/...mpression=true)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by lovemachine97(Version 2); 08.20.19 at 09:51 AM.

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

09.18.19 @ 01:54 PM
    Liked 1,089 Times in 685 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Trump's wall is WORKING: Illegal immigrants are arrested after they tried and FAILED to climb over a newly installed barrier at the Mexico-U.S. border

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rder-wall.html
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

09.22.19 @ 09:05 PM
    Liked 16,417 Times in 8,641 Posts

Premium Member

What is this bullshit?

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...-support-trump

Somehow i get the feeling if she was an Obama supporter she wouldn't be considered "too political."
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 7,819 Times in 3,924 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post
    What is this bullshit?

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...-support-trump

Somehow i get the feeling if she was an Obama supporter she wouldn't be considered "too political."
    I would need to see nude pics to make that assessment.

5. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Okay, so is this out of context? Trump saying Jews are ignorant or disloyal if they vote for Democrats.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...ledge-or-great

That’s... not a great statement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

09.22.19 @ 04:17 AM
    Liked 18,053 Times in 10,260 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    Okay, so is this out of context? Trump saying Jews are ignorant or disloyal if they vote for Democrats.

Not surprising that Politico tried to equate this with Omar’s comments. Actually it’s despicable and it shows the lengths they are willing to go to in order to attack Trump. But we knew that.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

09.22.19 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 11,476 Times in 6,422 Posts

He needs to learn to allow the other side to be crazy and just take the win.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

9. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Pollak: Trump Just Told Liberal Jews What They’ve Been Telling Conservative Jews for Years About Disloyalty

Joel B. Pollak 20 Aug 2019

Conservatives are often puzzled about how the majority of Jews can still vote Democrat even though the party has become so anti-Israel, and tolerates antisemitism from the likes of Reps. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) and Rashida Tlaib (D-MI).

Christian conservatives also ask me, politely, why Jews are liberal. Jewish conservatives are less restrained, and often express outright frustration. Norman Podhoretz even wrote a book about it: Why Are Jews Liberals?

For most Jewish conservatives, the question is as much about pain as politics. Each of us bears the scars of family dinners gone wrong, of angry e-mails from relatives who call us disloyal Jews — and even antisemites — because they watch CNN or believe their liberal rabbi or follow the trash that the New York Times prints about President Donald Trump, the first Jewish zayde in the White House and the best friend that the Jewish State has ever had.

So when President Trump criticized Omar and Tlaib for their hostility toward Israel, and asked how Democrats could consider cutting aid to Israel because of “two people that hate Israel and hate Jewish people,” adding, “I think any Jewish people that vote for a Democrat, I think it shows either a total lack of knowledge or great disloyalty,” most Jewish conservatives knew exactly where he was coming from, even if we may not have chosen those words.

Trump meant “disloyalty” to the Jewish people, not to America. Leftists and mainstream media pundits (but I repeat myself) are trying to twist his words, saying that he was questioning Jews’ “loyalty to the United States.”

No — that’s what Omar and Tlaib do; that’s what Rep. Ted Lieu (D-CA) did earlier this month. Trump was questioning their loyalty to the Jewish people.

I would not have used “loyalty,” because it is vulnerable to being twisted (see above). Nor would I have demanded that all Jews vote Republican.

But we conservative Jews have been told for years by left-wing Jews — some of whom only embrace their Jewish identity to trash Israel — that “Jewish values” require voting Democrat.

Trump has more Jewish grandchildren than many of the Jewish liberals criticizing him today. Contrary to what some critics have suggested, he does not, as a gentile, have to butt out. He gets a say in this, too.

I don’t agree that Jews who vote Democratic are ignorant or disloyal. Some have been conned by the same media who will try to convince them Trump said something antisemitic today.

Some have genuine differences of opinion. I believe people can change their minds: I was once on the left, too.

But what Trump has done is given the Jewish left a taste of its own medicine. Two wrongs don’t make a right, but this is a teachable moment — and long overdue.

https://www.breitbart.com/middle-eas...ut-disloyalty/
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

11. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Last Online

09.22.19 @ 07:16 PM
    Liked 10,755 Times in 5,915 Posts

Premium Member

Out of context...

I'm gonna have to say his comments were in reference to Tlaib and Omar and the positions they hold.

But in perfect Trump speak, he fumbled it just enough to get all the MSM coverage that those two's blatant comments never seem to foster.

He's the anti-Semite now in one single sentence that the squad hasn't been able to get noticed for in three years of comments and actions.

Last Online

Premium Member

We really do live in amazing times...

'A Bullhorn to His White Nationalist Base': Progressive Jews Hit Back After Trump's Anti-Semitic Smear

"This rhetoric from the president is going to get Jews killed. It already has."

Progressive Jews accused President Donald Trump of blaring "straightforward anti-Semitism" after he said from the Oval Office on Tuesday that Jewish Americans who vote for the Democratic Party are either ignorant or disloyal.

The smear, which sparked widespread outrage, came after Trump once again baselessly accused Reps. Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.) and Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) of hating Jews and Israel.

"Where has the Democratic Party gone?" Trump said. "Where have they gone where they're defending these two people over the state of Israel? I think that any Jewish people that vote for a Democrat, I think it shows either a total lack of knowledge or great disloyalty."

IfNotNow, a youth-led progressive Jewish advocacy group, quickly hit back, condemning the president for once again deploying the kind of hate-filled rhetoric that has fueled recent anti-Semitic attacks in the United States.

"This is an explicit dual loyalty charge wielded by the president of the United States against 80 percent of American Jews who voted against him," the group said in a statement to Newsweek, alluding to 2018 midterm election data from the Pew Research Center.

"It is not merely an anti-Semitic dog whistle—it's a bullhorn to his white nationalist base," said IfNotNow. "American Jews and Democratic voters know full well the impact of the racist policies of Netanyahu and the Israeli government on the Palestinian people. This is why an overwhelming majority... oppose those policies, like unchecked settlement expansion."

Trump's attack on American Jews comes days after he publicly urged Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to stop Tlaib and Omar from entering Israel.

The Israeli government last week initially barred both lawmakers, but later said Tlaib could make the trip to visit her 90-year-old grandmother who lives in the occupied West Bank—provided that she refrain from expressing support for boycott activities.

Tlaib, the first Palestinian-American woman ever elected to Congress, refused to accept these "oppressive" conditions and decided on Friday to cancel her planned trip.

Trump has since been intensifying his attacks on Tlaib and Omar, and on Tuesday he expanded his smears to the Jews who have rallied in support of the two progressive lawmakers.

Beth Miller, government affairs manager at Jewish Voice for Peace Action, told Newsweek that Trump's comments "play into the anti-Semitic trope of Jews holding 'dual-loyalty'" and were "wildly disconnected from reality."

"A rapidly growing number of American Jews support conditioning, cutting, or ending U.S. military aid to a country that uses our tax dollars to violently oppress Palestinians," said Miller.

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), a 2020 Democratic presidential candidate who is Jewish, also fired back at Trump.

"Let me say this to the president," Sanders tweeted. "I am a proud Jewish person and I have no concerns about voting Democratic. And in fact, I intend to vote for a Jewish man to become the next president of the United States."

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...er-trumps-anti

Last Online

Premium Member

Wonder how long before someone condemns Trump for not acknowledging that yesterday was the 400th anniversary of slavery in America.

Hey! Even CNN had Spike Lee on Anderson Cooper last night.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    Wonder how long before someone condemns Trump for not acknowledging that yesterday was the 400th anniversary of slavery in America.

Hey! Even CNN had Spike Lee on Anderson Cooper last night.
    if he does they'll claim he's celebrating the anniversary.

16. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Trump Administration Seeks To Terminate Flores Settlement Limiting Detention Of Migrant Families

Amber Athey August 20, 2019

The Trump administration is seeking to terminate the Flores settlement, an immigration-related court order that prevents most migrant family units from being held in detention centers for more than 20 days, the Daily Caller has learned.

Eliminating the Flores settlement would allow the U.S. government to hold migrant children and their families indefinitely while they await court proceedings. The 1997 Flores v. Reno decision by the Supreme Court laid out specific conditions under which unaccompanied migrant children could be held in detention, and was later expanded to place time restrictions on the detention of migrant children accompanied by family members.

The new rule is expected to be rolled out during a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) press conference on Wednesday morning.

“The Administration is closing one of the legal loopholes that has allowed human traffickers and smugglers to exploit our vulnerabilities at the southern border,” a senior administration official told the Daily Caller. “President Trump has made it clear that he’s going to secure America’s border at all cost and this rule plays a vital role in the strategy to restore the integrity to our immigration system and our national security.”

The administration also plans to establish national standards for family detention housing.

DHS first unveiled a plan to terminate Flores last September via a rule change in the federal register, but later asked Congress to modify the agreement on its behalf.

The agreement has been a thorn in the side of the Trump administration since last summer, when DHS attempted to get around the Flores settlement by separating families at the border. The adults in a family unit could then be detained while awaiting court hearings, while the children were held elsewhere. However, the administration ended that practice after severe backlash.

The Trump administration has thus considered the settlement to be a “loophole” that allows illegal immigrants to take advantage of the immigration system. The number of family units crossing the southern border has skyrocketed in the past year, which immigration officials believe is at least partly due to the expectation that migrant adults who arrive with children will quickly be released into the U.S. In February, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) announced that they detained 290% more family units this fiscal year than they had in the same timeframe the previous year.

Many families do not return for their court proceedings once they have been released into the U.S., and others fail to meet the final threshold for being granted asylum.

“Out of every 100 credible fear claims, on average, only about 12 result in a grant of asylum by an asylum judge,” the Department of Justice’s Executive Office for Immigration Review said in a review last May.

Border patrol agents have also seen a rise in “fraudulent families” at the border, meaning adults who arrive with children who are not their own, or adults who are posing as underage children. Between April 2019 and June 2019, Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) uncovered 316 fraudulent families attempting to cross the border. These fraudulent families are often aided by human smugglers and traffickers who use the children as props to aid illegal entry into the U.S.

In some cases, children are passed back over the border to accompany a different adult or group of adults, a practice that DHS refers to as “recycling rings.”

“From what I understand … the smuggling organizations or cartels have use of young children to pair with adults because they know family units will not be separated upon crossing the border illegally,” National Border Patrol Council president Brandon Judd told the Daily Caller in March. “The use of children as pawns allows the cartels to recruit people to cross the borders illegally, thereby allowing them to generate profits.”

The termination of the Flores Settlement will likely face legal challenges from immigrant activist groups who accuse the administration of detaining immigrants without proper due process. Immigration courts have faced serious backlogs with the surge of migrants crossing the border, meaning cases can take years to be resolved, although cases generally move more quickly when the subject of the case is being held in detention.

The Trump administration has asked Congress for funding for more immigration judges in at attempt to clear some of the backlog.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/08/20/t...ies-terminate/

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    He needs to learn to allow the other side to be crazy and just take the win.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    He’s got a problem in that, as much as the other side is tripping over themselves, in year 10 of a growing economy, low unemployment, etc., his disapproval is at about 54%. And that boom looks like it could be ending tomorrow. And he’s taken credit for it all along.

If things go south, that’s bad for him. If they don’t, people could just be tired of him. They want to keep the good times going but think they can do that and also get rid of the guy who says and does what he says and does.

I don’t think it’s as in the bag for him as others do. Those “behind closed doors” voters, the blue collars who voted for him and the trade war hasn’t been good and easy to win, they may not vote for him this time around.

It’s missteps like this, which should be avoided, that make me think it’s more and more of a possibility.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

He’s got a problem in that, as much as the other side is tripping over themselves, in year 10 of a growing economy, low unemployment, etc., his disapproval is at about 54%. And that boom looks like it could be ending tomorrow. And he’s taken credit for it all along.

If things go south, that’s bad for him. If they don’t, people could just be tired of him. They want to keep the good times going but think they can do that and also get rid of the guy who says and does what he says and does.

I don’t think it’s as in the bag for him as others do. Those “behind closed doors” voters, the blue collars who voted for him and the trade war hasn’t been good and easy to win, they may not vote for him this time around.

It’s missteps like this, which should be avoided, that make me think it’s more and more of a possibility.

What he was trying to say is not incorrect, basically how could any Jew in Omar's or Talib's district vote for them. To quote Ed Leffler, what is understood need not be discussed. By doing so he takes the focus off of them and back on him. These are unforced errors and he needs to avoid them. If the Democrats were running a really good candidate, good economy or not, Trump would be dead meat. Fortunately for him, it seems they are trying to lose the election as much as he is at times.