Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 2238 of 2238 FirstFirst ... 123817382138218822282235223622372238
Results 33,556 to 33,568 of 33568
  1. #33556
    Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    06.05.03
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    14,904
    Last Online

    05.24.18 @ 12:50 PM
    Likes
    1,004
    Liked 3,586 Times in 2,105 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    LM, Breitbart and Zerohedge are not the only ones providing reporting on this.

    I wouldn't be bashing them so much if I were you. You're constantly holding up Soros open border sites and WaPo like the holy grail. At least Breitbart and Zerohedge provide source links to back up their reporting.


    You hate the man, we get it.
    Which means at best we don't know what's going on. And I don't know if you're talking about Reason or not, but that's a Koch Bros. think tank and they link everything.

    What's funny here is that the whole time I have been open to the fact that there could be no "there" there, even at times saying I was inclined to believe that. I have praised him about school choice and Devos. I said Tillerson was an outside the box choice and I support it. I admitted I was wrong about him picking justices and Gorsuch was a great nominee. I said I thought it was good we tried something new with North Korea, even if I expected it to end the way it did. I have said the tax reform was good, if flawed (no spending cuts). I heaped praise upon the prison reform bill, and I heaped praise upon right to try.

    But at the same time, I disagree with him on many issues, just like all you conservatives disagreed with Obama on a bunch of issues. And you all (as did I) talked about him in unflattering ways, to the point where it sounded like some hated him with a passion. Yet somehow I am 'deranged' and 'tormented' when I discuss the things I think Trump is very, very wrong about, uninformed of, or destructively cavalier about.

    What makes it worse is that Trump at the very least speaks differently when it comes to elite Whites than he does when it comes to relatively poor brown people, he's vulgar, there is a trail of facts that, as a businessman, he was a bully who crushed people, stiffed people, and used government to crush people. He's a compulsive liar, and he laughs off sexual assault.

    So yeah, I don't like him. But stop saying I can't think clearly just because of that last paragraph. We don't actually know what's going to happen with Mueller. It's entirely possible it's a waste of time that results in obstruction charges. But it's also entirely possible Trump or people close to him did some very dumb, criminal things. I'm not an idiot blinded by hate for allowing for that possibility.
    Last edited by lovemachine97(Version 2); 05.24.18 at 08:27 AM.

  2. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  3. #33557
    Atomic Punk japeape's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.05.15
    Posts
    8,903
    Last Online

    05.24.18 @ 09:51 AM
    Likes
    5,948
    Liked 8,403 Times in 4,457 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Dude needs to put a shirt on. Wtf is with that get up?
    He's trying to cultivate the image of the cerebral & politically astute Metalhead.

  4. #33558
    Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.05.12
    Age
    43
    Location
    6300 feet above sea level
    Posts
    12,315
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm The One
    Last Online

    05.24.18 @ 10:59 AM
    Likes
    19,140
    Liked 12,053 Times in 6,381 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    And I'm sure if the last President were different, Trump wouldn't have led a conservative witch hunt about him being foreign born.

    Look, I am not defending anything, and there certainly seems like there was bad news going on with Clinton, and the DoJ, from what I understand, is investigating why nothing came of that.

    But the point is that I am not defending anything. I'm just not convinced that the smoke here is all part of a massive inside job put together by the Obama administration as a failsafe against Trump being elected. Perhaps if I 100% trusted ZeroHedge and Breitbart I might be inclined to dismiss any other possible explanation. When you have multiple people in your campaign that could be influenced by Russia and one who could possibly be a Russian agent, that raises red flags, right? Or are we thinking this goes so far that everything we know about Carter Page is planted evidence?

    For me, something tells me that the pugnacious businessman who, and it's documented, spent his career stiffing anyone he could, screwing other people over, and using every single loophole, threat, and bullying tactic he could, might have done some illegal stuff. At best, I think the guy who has proven he doesn't properly vet people surrounded himself with shady people.

    I am open to any possibility, even the ones I find remote. Just show me the evidence beyond a reasonable doubt.
    Well, I'm not convinced that Obama was born here either. In fact theres more evidence that he wasn't than there is that Trump colluded with Russia FWIW.

    And it wouldn't shock me in the least of Obama and his minions concocted a scheme to hamstring his successor, particularly if it was Trump.

    Barack Obama and his ilk are just as dishonest as you claim Trump to be.

    I'm surprised you can't see that.
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

  5. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  6. #33559
    Atomic Punk ziggysmalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.24.03
    Location
    Cleveland, Oh
    Posts
    13,509
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

    05.24.18 @ 12:27 PM
    Likes
    2,937
    Liked 5,264 Times in 2,716 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by japeape View Post
    He's trying to cultivate the image of the cerebral & politically astute Metalhead.
    Reminds me of Gilfoyle from Silicon Valley

  7. #33560
    Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    06.05.03
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    14,904
    Last Online

    05.24.18 @ 12:50 PM
    Likes
    1,004
    Liked 3,586 Times in 2,105 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post
    Well, I'm not convinced that Obama was born here either. In fact theres more evidence that he wasn't than there is that Trump colluded with Russia FWIW.

    And it wouldn't shock me in the least of Obama and his minions concocted a scheme to hamstring his successor, particularly if it was Trump.

    Barack Obama and his ilk are just as dishonest as you claim Trump to be.

    I'm surprised you can't see that.
    Here's the thing, though. Let's say for a moment that the Obama administration concocted a plan to use an informant in the campaign to take Trump down. Why would you have a meeting with the DOJ and only Republicans who are pro-Trump? Wouldn't you want Democrats there to say, "Yup, we were wrong, this is what the President says it is." Instead, it's a charade not including Democrats. But let's take one step back. Why implement this plan, waiting until after his election to have anything public come out. This is especially true with the FBI very vocally investigating Clinton and even announcing reopening of the case weeks from the election? The plan is to infiltrate the campaign and then wait until he's elected to start the process of undermining him?

    How many good things do you think I said about Obama on this board? Probably less than I have said about Trump, if you look at my list in response to brook. In fact, I'd wager on it. I was actually pretty critical of him, yet conservatives here didn't accuse me of Obama Derangement Syndrome or having been triggered by him. Suddenly any criticism of the Holy Trump is a result of hating him as a person.

    Yes, I think Trump is repulsive as a human being. Well, it turns out Kevin Spacey is pretty bad, too. But you know what? I can still fairly say he was brilliant in Usual Suspects and wickedly good in House of Cards. And at the same time I can say his acts were shameful at best and criminal at worst. I can criticize Kobe Bryant for, at best, cheating on his wife, and also appreciate his abilities. I can do the same with Trump.

    I think politicians are deceitful almost by nature. But Trump is on another planet, and I don't see how you don't see it. Just today, he flat-out lied about what James Clapper said on The View. You may not believe what he said on The View, but Trump lied about it, and since probably none of his supporters watch it, it's their "alternative facts." And sure, Obama's team lied, like about the ACA, even Obama himself. But again, Trump is operating at a different level of lying. You cannot believe anything he says.

  8. #33561
    Atomic Punk edwardv's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.12.01
    Age
    60
    Location
    hanover pennsylvania
    Posts
    10,549
    Favorite VH Album

    diver down
    Favorite VH Song

    drop dead legs
    Last Online

    05.24.18 @ 01:38 PM
    Likes
    5,025
    Liked 2,708 Times in 1,695 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post
    Well, I'm not convinced that Obama was born here either. In fact theres more evidence that he wasn't than there is that Trump colluded with Russia FWIW.

    And it wouldn't shock me in the least of Obama and his minions concocted a scheme to hamstring his successor, particularly if it was Trump.

    Barack Obama and his ilk are just as dishonest as you claim Trump to be.

    I'm surprised you can't see that.



    thats why Trump won PA
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

  9. #33562
    Atomic Punk Wruff_ajax's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.15.03
    Location
    US of America
    Posts
    9,429
    Favorite VH Album

    =VH= II
    Last Online

    05.24.18 @ 01:11 PM
    Likes
    1,282
    Liked 1,252 Times in 635 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

  10. #33563
    Atomic Punk Wruff_ajax's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.15.03
    Location
    US of America
    Posts
    9,429
    Favorite VH Album

    =VH= II
    Last Online

    05.24.18 @ 01:11 PM
    Likes
    1,282
    Liked 1,252 Times in 635 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

  11. #33564
    Atomic Punk bsbll4's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.17.03
    Age
    34
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    9,015
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

    05.24.18 @ 01:11 PM
    Likes
    796
    Liked 2,603 Times in 1,320 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    They never expected her to lose.

    That's the lens that you need to view all of the actions by anyone from the left leading up to the election. James Comey did what he did to cover his ass and to cover hers. He admits in his book that he looked at the polls and decided the timing was right to make the announcement. He knew that he was eviscerated based on how he handled the investigation to date. Despite admitting that she lied to Congress and that she was reckless and irresponsible with classified data, he didn't see sufficient reason to bring charges.

    Fast forward to a few weeks before the election, and Weiner's laptop shows that he had access to more emails that he shouldn't have access to. Comey knows that if he doesn't say anything and everything goes as expected, she'll be elected under a cloud of suspicion, the FBI will lose its credibility, and the previous administration will be accused of a cover up.

    He was forced to say something and he timed it so he could announce it before the election (but before anyone on the right could really do anything with it to move the polls) and then announce that she was cleared again the election. To him, this was the perfect scenario: He covered his butt and she still wins.

    Then election night happened, and suddenly his, and everyone else's world, was turned upside down.

    The same thing could have happened with the surveillance of the Trump campaign. Maybe they thought they could set up Trump and blow him up before the election if they needed to. Maybe it was a legitimate concern and they just took advantage of the surveillance. Maybe it was a legitimate concern (even though the Ukranian government actively helped Clinton and no one cares) and there were no improprieties.

    The point is that by any objective measure, it appears there was an overzealous effort to use the tools of government surveillance for political purposes at the same time the same agencies were turning a blind eye on his competitor.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

  12. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:


  13. #33565
    Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    06.05.03
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    14,904
    Last Online

    05.24.18 @ 12:50 PM
    Likes
    1,004
    Liked 3,586 Times in 2,105 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post
    They never expected her to lose.

    That's the lens that you need to view all of the actions by anyone from the left leading up to the election. James Comey did what he did to cover his ass and to cover hers. He admits in his book that he looked at the polls and decided the timing was right to make the announcement. He knew that he was eviscerated based on how he handled the investigation to date. Despite admitting that she lied to Congress and that she was reckless and irresponsible with classified data, he didn't see sufficient reason to bring charges.

    Fast forward to a few weeks before the election, and Weiner's laptop shows that he had access to more emails that he shouldn't have access to. Comey knows that if he doesn't say anything and everything goes as expected, she'll be elected under a cloud of suspicion, the FBI will lose its credibility, and the previous administration will be accused of a cover up.

    He was forced to say something and he timed it so he could announce it before the election (but before anyone on the right could really do anything with it to move the polls) and then announce that she was cleared again the election. To him, this was the perfect scenario: He covered his butt and she still wins.

    Then election night happened, and suddenly his, and everyone else's world, was turned upside down.

    The same thing could have happened with the surveillance of the Trump campaign. Maybe they thought they could set up Trump and blow him up before the election if they needed to. Maybe it was a legitimate concern and they just took advantage of the surveillance. Maybe it was a legitimate concern (even though the Ukranian government actively helped Clinton and no one cares) and there were no improprieties.

    The point is that by any objective measure, it appears there was an overzealous effort to use the tools of government surveillance for political purposes at the same time the same agencies were turning a blind eye on his competitor.
    That doesn't make any sense either. In their opinion, there was no chance Clinton would lose...so they infiltrated Trump's campaign to help Clinton win. Then, when the polls were only within 4 points, We find out the FBI is going to "reopen" the Clinton investigation, and he did it after looking at the polls knowing it was going to damage her. Why not just blow up Trump at that point. How silly is that? We have the method in place to blow up Trump, but days before the election we are going to harm Clinton and make the election more competitive.

    It was 4 points. Bush was up by 4 at the same time in 2000 and tied with Gore at 48. This is seems like a remarkably dumb implementation of an attempt to stop Trump.

  14. #33566
    Atomic Punk bsbll4's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.17.03
    Age
    34
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    9,015
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

    05.24.18 @ 01:11 PM
    Likes
    796
    Liked 2,603 Times in 1,320 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    What did they have on Trump then? It's 2018 and they still don't have anything on Trump. That's the whole point. They started an investigation based on nothing and kept it going based on nothing all the while the other campaign actually colluded with the Ukranian government. Why?

    It's looking more and more that it was politically motivated and there was not equal application of scrutiny.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

  15. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:


  16. #33567
    Atomic Punk bklynboy68's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.10.12
    Posts
    20,632
    Favorite VH Album

    The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

    05.24.18 @ 01:21 PM
    Likes
    14,792
    Liked 12,991 Times in 7,306 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Ukraine even announced it publicly.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

    "Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

    'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

    "I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

    "My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

    "But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

  17. #33568
    Good Enough BlindtotheWorld's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.18.09
    Age
    45
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    2,246
    Favorite VH Album

    OU812
    Favorite VH Song

    Romeo Delight/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

    05.24.18 @ 01:48 PM
    Likes
    1,032
    Liked 1,180 Times in 598 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    That doesn't make any sense either. In their opinion, there was no chance Clinton would lose...so they infiltrated Trump's campaign to help Clinton win. Then, when the polls were only within 4 points, We find out the FBI is going to "reopen" the Clinton investigation, and he did it after looking at the polls knowing it was going to damage her. Why not just blow up Trump at that point. How silly is that? We have the method in place to blow up Trump, but days before the election we are going to harm Clinton and make the election more competitive.

    It was 4 points. Bush was up by 4 at the same time in 2000 and tied with Gore at 48. This is seems like a remarkably dumb implementation of an attempt to stop Trump.
    Some national polls suggested a closer race but as we know, it's about the electoral college and not the national popular vote. I believe the odds of a Trump victory going into the election was less than 20% across the board (the NYT link below was 15%). Why do we act like anyone in the establishment or the media thought that Trump had even a prayer to win?? Are we now acting like it wasn't the biggest election shocker in decades if not a century?

    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-forecast.html
    "...it's steak and whiskey time in America." - bklynboy68

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. President Bush And Vice President Dick Cheney To Be Arrested Upon Visiting Vermont
    By chefcraig in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03.06.08, 02:39 PM
  2. Donald Fagen
    By VanHagar4Life in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05.01.06, 06:49 AM
  3. Donald Trump fires Chewbacca!
    By Wolfie3 in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11.10.05, 06:13 AM
  4. Who runs this??Ray Daniels??
    By littleguitars in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10.06.01, 09:54 AM
  5. Australia mourns - Sir Donald Bradman dies, aged 92
    By Goo in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02.25.01, 09:51 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •