THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY - Page 3733
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  718
Save
Page 3733 of 3826 FirstFirst ... 27333233363336833723373037313732373337343735373637433783 ... LastLast
Results 55,981 to 55,995 of 57388
    Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

Today @ 07:26 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserWell-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by BlindtotheWorld View Post
    People have all types of beliefs. I would argue that there isn't anything inherently destructive or evil in what she is saying unlike lots of views that get embraced as righteous by the media......take looting as an example.
    Nobody said destructive or evil once.

But you are correct, people do have all types of beliefs. And some are more mockable and laughable than others.

The looting speaks for itself. If anybody needs Fox News or CNN or MSNBC or CBC or BBC or CPAC to tell them that the looting and the anarchy is bad, then that speaks to them not the MSM itself. I haven't seen any reports of the MSM condoning the looting or anarchy. They might not be saying what YOU want them to say unfortunately, but I personally have not heard that coming from any of the major outlets.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

2. Mama's Fool thanked for this post.
    Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Today @ 05:59 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by BlindtotheWorld View Post
    People have all types of beliefs. I would argue that there isn't anything inherently destructive or evil in what she is saying unlike lots of views that get embraced as righteous by the media......take looting as an example.
    Like MSNBC and CNN telling us the riots are peaceful while they do a live broadcast with the looting and burning going on behind them?
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

4. VH122, Bad to the Bone thanked for this post.
    Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

Today @ 07:26 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserWell-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Default THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Like MSNBC and CNN telling us the riots are peaceful while they do a live broadcast with the looting and burning going on behind them?
    Riots by definition are not peaceful.

Nobody’s saying that the “riots” are peaceful from the reports that I’ve seen.

Or are you just lumping “protest” in under the umbrella of “riots” to again make a point about the MSM.

The majority of the PROTESTS have been peaceful yet you keep choosing to focus on the riots and the anarchy.

Focus on the movement, for a change.

Unless you don’t want to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

6. jimmy812 thanked for this post.
    David Lasher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 11:15 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Try and find that on the internet now. I saw the footage once but can't find it now. CNN reporters getting arrested is still up though.

A TCT show from this week has it I believe... or it never happened.

David Lasher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

James Mattis Denounces President Trump, Describes Him as a Threat to the Constitution

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...wEQLNlOTXAy_uI

The Atlantic: LEFT - CENTER - FACTUAL HIGH

D.O.A.
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

Today @ 11:31 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    Try and find that on the internet now. I saw the footage once but can't find it now. CNN reporters getting arrested is still up though.

A TCT show from this week has it I believe... or it never happened.
    ☩ ☩ ☩

Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Wruff_ajax View Post
    Pieces of shit.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Today @ 12:07 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Pieces of shit.
    Pfft.

Peaceful protest.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

12. JUNGLE DRUMMER, ziggysmalls thanked for this post.
    Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 07:25 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

It did look very warm there.

14. sickman, BlindtotheWorld thanked for this post.
    Take Your Whiskey Home
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

07.02.20 @ 04:52 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy812 View Post
    It did look very warm there.
    I'm surprised they didn't report that the "protesters" were sitting around a large campfire singing Kumbaya.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

16. JUNGLE DRUMMER thanked for this post.
    Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Default Oh yeah, this happened

The FBI’s Investigation Into Trump and Russia Now Looks Even Worse
    Rod Rosenstein says he was kept in the dark about important parts of the probe.

By Eli Lake
    June 3, 2020,

The FBI’s investigation into Russia’s interference in the 2016 presidential campaign has taken a beating in the last six months. Late last year, the Justice Department’s inspector general found the bureau’s application to eavesdrop on a former aide to then-candidate Donald Trump’s campaign was riddled with factual errors and omissions. The surveillance court that approved that warrant has barred the agents who submitted it from appearing before it. And last month the Justice Department dropped its case against former national security adviser Michael Flynn.

On Wednesday, things got worse. In testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee, former Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein said that all of the irregularities and short cuts exposed in recent Justice Department reviews were kept from him when he signed the warrant applications into that campaign aide, Carter Page. Had he known about them at the time, he said, he would have never signed them.

Rosenstein even reluctantly acknowledged that his own August 2017 memo specifying the parameters of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation was deeply flawed.

By August 2017, it was clear that there was no support for “the whole concept that the campaign was colluding with the Russians,” said Senator Lindsey Graham at the hearing. “There was no there there.”

“I agree with that general statement,” Rosenstein responded.

In normal times this would be a bombshell. Rosenstein’s memo listed the alleged crimes that Mueller’s team was investigating. Rosenstein said that Mueller’s office helped him draft it. This reflects poorly on Rosenstein. As the most senior Justice Department official overseeing the Mueller investigation, his job was to check its work. He didn’t.

This also reflects poorly on the FBI. The bureau knew, for example, that the opposition research dossier on which it relied to seek the Page warrant was not reliable. By January 2017, the dossier’s primary source had told FBI agents that its most explosive claims were rumor. The former British spy who helped prepare it was fired as an FBI source after the bureau learned he had been speaking to reporters. The Justice Department’s inspector general concluded that none of the unique information in the dossier was corroborated.

It doesn’t stop there. Rosenstein also acknowledged that the FBI never shared its draft memo from January 2017 to close the counter-intelligence investigation into Flynn. That investigation was kept open after former FBI Director James Comey discovered Flynn’s calls with Russia’s ambassador at the end of 2016. While such communications would be unusual for most private citizens, the calls were routine for an incoming national security adviser.

Rosenstein also said exculpatory information collected from FBI informant approaches to the investigation’s targets were not shared with him. One such example involved Trump campaign staffer George Papadopoulos, who told an informant that a campaign reaching out to Russia to obtain stolen emails would be treason.

Add it all up, and it’s clear that the FBI investigation into the Trump campaign’s alleged coordination with Russia was out of control. It was bad enough that Comey and former Deputy Director Andrew McCabe never shared this exculpatory information with the public as Washington became obsessed with the prospect that the president was a traitor. Comey and later McCabe also kept all this from the deputy attorney general. In both cases, it was an egregious breach of the public’s trust.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...ump-and-russia

18. JUNGLE DRUMMER thanked for this post.
    Gird your loins
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...zation/612640/

In Union There Is Strength
    I have watched this week’s unfolding events, angry and appalled. The words “Equal Justice Under Law” are carved in the pediment of the United States Supreme Court. This is precisely what protesters are rightly demanding. It is a wholesome and unifying demand—one that all of us should be able to get behind. We must not be distracted by a small number of lawbreakers. The protests are defined by tens of thousands of people of conscience who are insisting that we live up to our values—our values as people and our values as a nation.
    When I joined the military, some 50 years ago, I swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution. Never did I dream that troops taking that same oath would be ordered under any circumstance to violate the Constitutional rights of their fellow citizens—much less to provide a bizarre photo op for the elected commander-in-chief, with military leadership standing alongside.

We must reject any thinking of our cities as a “battlespace” that our uniformed military is called upon to “dominate.” At home, we should use our military only when requested to do so, on very rare occasions, by state governors. Militarizing our response, as we witnessed in Washington, D.C., sets up a conflict—a false conflict—between the military and civilian society. It erodes the moral ground that ensures a trusted bond between men and women in uniform and the society they are sworn to protect, and of which they themselves are a part. Keeping public order rests with civilian state and local leaders who best understand their communities and are answerable to them.
    James Madison wrote in Federalist 14 that “America united with a handful of troops, or without a single soldier, exhibits a more forbidding posture to foreign ambition than America disunited, with a hundred thousand veterans ready for combat.” We do not need to militarize our response to protests. We need to unite around a common purpose. And it starts by guaranteeing that all of us are equal before the law.

nstructions given by the military departments to our troops before the Normandy invasion reminded soldiers that “The Nazi slogan for destroying us…was ‘Divide and Conquer.’ Our American answer is ‘In Union there is Strength.’” We must summon that unity to surmount this crisis—confident that we are better than our politics.
    Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead he tries to divide us. We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership. We can unite without him, drawing on the strengths inherent in our civil society. This will not be easy, as the past few days have shown, but we owe it to our fellow citizens; to past generations that bled to defend our promise; and to our children.

We can come through this trying time stronger, and with a renewed sense of purpose and respect for one another. The pandemic has shown us that it is not only our troops who are willing to offer the ultimate sacrifice for the safety of the community. Americans in hospitals, grocery stores, post offices, and elsewhere have put their lives on the line in order to serve their fellow citizens and their country. We know that we are better than the abuse of executive authority that we witnessed in Lafayette Square. We must reject and hold accountable those in office who would make a mockery of our Constitution. At the same time, we must remember Lincoln’s “better angels,” and listen to them, as we work to unite.
    Only by adopting a new path—which means, in truth, returning to the original path of our founding ideals—will we again be a country admired and respected at home and abroad

David Lasher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    Thanks, but we were on top of it yesterday, as it happened. Was this a big mouth watering story on CNN today.

http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/thre...=1#post2346427

21. JUNGLE DRUMMER, bklynboy68 thanked for this post.
    David Lasher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

[B]The FBI’s Investigation Into Trump and Russia Now Looks Even Worse
    Rod Rosenstein says he was kept in the dark about important parts of the probe.
    Gee whiz. And to think some of us had a hard time with this entire narrative. Oh well, if not this it would have been something as equally ridiculous.

I hear Schumer wants to open a probe into Trumps Churchgate.

1:50 to the end is gold, Jerry.
    Last edited by Number 47; 06.04.20 at 08:26 AM.

23. bklynboy68, JUNGLE DRUMMER thanked for this post.
    Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

We must reject any thinking of our cities as a “battlespace” that our uniformed military is called upon to “dominate.” At home, we should use our military only when requested to do so, on very rare occasions, by state governors. Militarizing our response, as we witnessed in Washington, D.C., sets up a conflict—a false conflict—between the military and civilian society. It erodes the moral ground that ensures a trusted bond between men and women in uniform and the society they are sworn to protect, and of which they themselves are a part. Keeping public order rests with civilian state and local leaders who best understand their communities and are answerable to them.
    James Madison wrote in Federalist 14 that “America united with a handful of troops, or without a single soldier, exhibits a more forbidding posture to foreign ambition than America disunited, with a hundred thousand veterans ready for combat.” We do not need to militarize our response to protests. We need to unite around a common purpose. And it starts by guaranteeing that all of us are equal before the law.

Except there was no threat issued to the American people. And I find his Nazi comparison is pretty low considering the president's grandchildren, son in law, and daughter are Jewish. This is politics pure and simple. Did Mattis forget he was also the one who was against Trump pulling out in Syria? Sending young troops into battle for a flawed foreign policy disaster created by the former administration in which he served was not a problem for Mattis apparently. Apparently he thinks his idea was the epitome of American greatness. Thank God the president disregarded his advice or else we'd be talking about the latest tally of dead soldiers. That goes for the other general and Vesper who seem to be pushing the false narrative of what actually took place. The establishment hates to see their worldview challenged.

The president has the authority to federalize the National Guard and deploy them to states. Especially when like in the case in New York , the governor and Mayor refuse to do so and would rather let the city burn than end their childish back and forth and finger pointing with each other.

Mattis knows this.

Graham pushes back on Mattis criticism of Trump: 'You're missing something here, my friend'
    BY REBECCA KLAR - 06/04/20

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) pushed back on former Defense Secretary James Mattis’s criticism of President Trump over the handling of nationwide protests against police brutality.

“To General Mattis, I think you're missing something here my friend,” Graham said Thursday on “Fox & Friends.”

“You're missing the fact that the liberal media has taken every event in the last three and half years and laid it at the president's feet. I'm not saying he's blameless, but I am saying that you're buying into a narrative that I think is quite frankly unfair,” Graham added.

Graham, however, defended Trump and claimed there’s an “effort to destroy” Trump’s presidency.

“It is so fashionable to blame President Trump for every wrong in America,” Graham added. “And he can be a handful, and can he do better, yes, but the problems we have in America today weren't caused by Donald Trump. And hopefully, he can help the nation heal some of these problems.”

Graham called the criticism “easy, cheap politics.”
    https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...something-here

And no matter how loud they say it, NOBODY WAS TEAR GASSED.

25. JUNGLE DRUMMER thanked for this post.