Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Save
Page 3031 of 3087 FirstFirst ... 20312531293129813021302830293030303130323033303430413081 ... LastLast
Results 45,451 to 45,465 of 46305
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

08.17.19 @ 06:45 PM
    Liked 4,444 Times in 2,680 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    The chant was pathetic. No need to justify shitty behavior.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Yup. But the things that get justified nowadays no longer surprise me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

08.17.19 @ 06:50 PM
    Liked 11,337 Times in 6,338 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    I don't attribute anything to her skin color. She really has no like for America. Not how it currently is constructed or how it was constructed. She finds many faults to its government and policies and wants to eradicate them more to what she believes is right. A belief that is not typical of the vast majority of Americans. Republican, Democrat, Libertarian or undecided. She is an immigrant so she came her of her own choosing. She applied for American citizenship of her own choosing but now is pissed at the country that gave her an opportunity.

So to me she is not really different than lets say Jane Fonda who despised her country and mounted AA guns pointed at American planes. Last time I checked Jane was white. She like some others at various times made statements that pissed off a lot of people. The popular narrative is "America love it or leave it." Said to Jane, the Dixie Chicks, Suisan Sarandon, Rosie O'Donnell, etc A lot of them are white. No different than various immigrants who were anarchists in the late 1880's and early 1900's. Or you can say the same about Communists or Facists here in the 30's wanting to change the government. All these people were white. If they simply were protesting the New Deal or Prohibition, well I don't think the same venom would have been given to them. However they wanted to change the fabric of America from the government.

That's what she and others want. So since she is an immigrant if she feels its so bad here and oppressive well go back. Or go somewhere else.

I don't understand why people flock to come here yet don't want to embrace what has made this country what it is. If I went to Sweden, I surely wouldn't be asking them to change to fit my political beliefs.

Anyway I don't view this any different than "America love it or leave it" Its just that she is black and from Africa. So its now racist.

If this was 1984 she was white from the USSR, hated capitalism and this happened at a Reagan rally, nobody would have said it was racist.
    Xenophobic is the better term than racist. Both are terrible.

3. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

I think the larger issue on race was the lumping in of other Representatives of color as not being born here.

Iíve never been asked by people where Iím from. Ive seen it happen to my non-White friends many times. ďNo, really. Where are you actually from?Ē

Iím sure itís not intentional in most cases but itís this inherently biased thought that if you look different, you canít be like me, born here and American.

For me that colors the chant when it otherwise wouldnít.

I donít like that sheís in Congress but the chant should be, ďVote her out!Ē

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

08.16.19 @ 01:56 PM
    Liked 1,054 Times in 661 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

ILHAN OMAR VOTED AGAINST BILL BLOCKING TERRORISTS FROM LIFE INSURANCE

Bill was in response to San Bernardino attack

Months prior, when she was first elected to the State House, Omar asked a judge “for compassion in ISIS recruit sentencing,” according to Fox 9 News of Minnesota.

https://www.infowars.com/ilhan-omar-...ife-insurance/

They will infiltrate from within.
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, ďTokyo Dome In Concert,Ē is available for purchase, and itís super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

6. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

Premium Member

Donor

JOURNALIST TRAVELS TO ILHAN OMAR’S HOMELAND TO PROVE SOMALIA IS BEAUTIFUL, GETS KILLED BY TERRORISTS

Tragedy of cultural relativism strikes again

https://www.infowars.com/journalist-...by-terrorists/

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, ďTokyo Dome In Concert,Ē is available for purchase, and itís super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Last Online

08.17.19 @ 05:47 PM
    Liked 10,497 Times in 5,760 Posts

Premium Member

Trump says he did not start the "Send her back" chant, tried to carry on very quickly after it started and was not happy about it happening.

Not good enough for the MSM... they just keep grilling him on it. Guess it's all they got today to run with. Never mind the young Olympics presentation they stepped all over.

Maybe he should just say he won't dignify the question with an answer... works for Omar just fine.
    Last edited by Number 47; 07.18.19 at 09:27 AM.

9. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Liked 16,072 Times in 8,445 Posts

Premium Member

I disagree that it is xenophobic. If she had the exact same story and came from the exact same place and was out there talking about how wonderful it is that the United States welcomed her and her family and gave her opportunities that she wouldn't have been afforded elsewhere then no one would be chanting "send her home."

Her attitude and the disdain she shows for a country that openly accepted her and her family is what drives the "send her home" chants, not her nationality or race.
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

11. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    I think the larger issue on race was the lumping in of other Representatives of color as not being born here.

I’ve never been asked by people where I’m from. Ive seen it happen to my non-White friends many times. “No, really. Where are you actually from?”

I’m sure it’s not intentional in most cases but it’s this inherently biased thought that if you look different, you can’t be like me, born here and American.

For me that colors the chant when it otherwise wouldn’t.

I don’t like that she’s in Congress but the chant should be, “Vote her out!”

I asked the lady who checked us into our condo last weekend where she was from.

She was white.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

08.16.19 @ 05:12 AM
    Liked 3,649 Times in 1,806 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post

She was white.
    I brought a guy in for an interview once and he had a noticeable accent and was white. We often bring people from all over the country to interview in our main office so a common question I'll ask is how their flight was, did they experience any hiccups with the car service, etc. Anyway, I asked the guy when talking about the travel "and remind me again where you're from?" meaning, "where did you fly from?" He took it as "what country did you come from" and said he was originally from Poland.

Personally, I think if you have an accent that is outside the norm it's not impolite to ask where someone is from if you mean it as part of starting a thread of conversation. If I were in another country I wouldn't be offended if someone asked me where I was from.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

14. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

08.17.19 @ 12:51 PM
    Liked 383 Times in 254 Posts

She was white.
    Why'd you feel compelled to ask that..I tend to mind my own business..just seems strange to me
    Dealing with it.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by rchop84 View Post
    Why'd you feel compelled to ask that..I tend to mind my own business..just seems strange to me
    Because she had an accent and I'm curious as to people's stories.

The name tags on the employees at Keystone have where they're from under their name but she wasn't wearing a name tag.

I just find it odd that someone would get offended by being asked where they're from but what do I know?

17. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

Premium Member

Donor

Students say ‘Trump quote’ on immigration is super racist — but are shocked when they discover comments were actually from Obama
    Well, that's funny

The quote is:

We are a nation of laws. Undocumented workers broke our laws and I believe they must be held accountable. Especially those who may be dangerous. That's why over the last six years deportations of criminals are up 80 percent and we're going to keep focusing on threats to our security.
    Here are some of the more interesting responses:

"Uhh, I think that policy comes from a place of white American nationalism."

"Donald Trump has embraced this rhetoric of racism and xenophobia — that is not beneficial to our country at all."

"This administration has totally not done anything moral."

"I think that's a bad decision 'cause the United States should be open to immigrants."

Phillips then turned around and told the students, "I'm gonna show you the person that said that quote."

Here's how they responded:

https://www.theblaze.com/news/studen...said-it-at-all

19. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

She was white.
    Did you follow it up with, ďNo, I mean, where are you really from?Ē because thatís what Iím talking about. Context means a lot. Certainly asking where someone is from can be innocent. And it can be meant innocently to a person of color. But they could also take it badly because it has been said to them in different contexts that were meant to make them feel like an outsider.

Look, thereís lots of ridiculous race stuff that gets thrown around. But when my friend home from the Marines walked up to my Palestinian friend after a few drinks and asked, ďWhat are you, man?Ē it wasnít because he was curious whether or not he was local Californian or from Colorado. It was because he looked Middle Eastern. He didnít ask that of any of the other people there. Itís an ďotheringĒ of people that occurs routinely for non-Whites.

And I donít think itís malicious a lot of the time. I donít believe in White privilege as a general rule, but I do think we sometimes have biases that we donít even know we have. And itís not everybody. And sometimes my non-White friends donít care. But there is a looooong pattern emerging here.

Yes, the left brings in race when it doesnít matter and calls people racist when they arenít. But there are a lot of things that we may think are not a big deal that are a big deal to minorities. And we should be open to recognizing that.

But Omar, no matter you thoughts on her views, and I donít like them, is home. Sending her back should mean her home state. But what people really meant is out of the country, implying she isnít as American as you or me. She is. And considering she had to go through a process to be a citizen, sheís certainly had to jump through more hoops to be an American, more than you or I had to.

Too many of these conversations when it comes to this President have these overtones for my taste.

21. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Last Online

08.17.19 @ 05:47 PM
    Liked 10,497 Times in 5,760 Posts

Premium Member

Cohen Court Documents Released is Shepard Smith's top story a 3pm today on FOX. I'm guessing it's been on CNN all morning, already.

Are they fucking kidding with digging all this shit up again?

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

Liked 11,337 Times in 6,338 Posts

I disagree that it is xenophobic. If she had the exact same story and came from the exact same place and was out there talking about how wonderful it is that the United States welcomed her and her family and gave her opportunities that she wouldn't have been afforded elsewhere then no one would be chanting "send her home."

Her attitude and the disdain she shows for a country that openly accepted her and her family is what drives the "send her home" chants, not her nationality or race.
    I don't think a send her back chant happens to a white congresswoman. But if you got examples of it happening prior, fill me in.

24. The Following Member Likes This Post: