Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:45 PM
    Liked 1,035 Times in 506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Unknown candidate gets huge donation either directly from Soros or one of his fringe organizations. All of a sudden, candidate either pushes his agenda, or a targeted issue the man is interested in. Again, this is no fantasy. Look up Aramis Ayala in Florida. In fact I posted a few
    A key strategy for Soros is to get anti-police DAs elected in our major Cities. Below is the result. Krasner was a radical fringe candiate and not really considered serious until Soros pumped $1.5 million into his campaign. So in Philadelphia now, we have a criminal defense attorney who represents BLM and suits against the police as the City’s top cop. Not good news in a place where we average a murder per day.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/po...r-Krasner.html

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/08/politi...ney/index.html
    "...it's steak and whiskey time in America." - bklynboy68

2. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 04:09 PM
    Liked 10,860 Times in 5,714 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    Iím guessing you wouldnít really be behind Gary anyway. And thatís fine. You can vote for who you want.

I will say I once voted for the Democrat over my Rep at the time, Jerry Lewis, because he was one of the most corrupt Congressmen and there needed to be new blood in the office. So in that case I voted against. But Iíve no problem voting my conscience or not voting a particular race because my conscience objects.

Think about what you just said. You had to vote for Trump to stop Hillary. How will anything change if the two parties know that even the intelligent and politically literate people will still vote for their candidate in order to stop the other team? As long as stopping the other side trumps all else, nothing changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Johnson had some positions I liked but I think Libertarians can do better than a guy who promises not to smoke pot while he's in the White House.

I've told you how things will change. It seems that you're not listening. Third parties are not "selling a product" that can produce a majority of voters to side with them. I think the Libertarians could if a couple of things were to happen. One they can control, and one they can't. They can control being so dogmatic and ideologically pure. There needs to be some flexibility from a pure libertarian orthodoxy if you want to appeal to more people.

The one that is out of their control is what I've mentioned. Education. Until people are brought up and taught to believe in freedom, individual responsibility and self reliance, and that it's not someone else or the government's responsibility to take care of them then the libertarian message is not going to appeal to a majority.

Until the mindset of the population changes we're going to continue to have the two parties behaving the way they do. They are a reflection of their constituents, not the other way around.
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

4. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 04:06 PM
    Liked 7,850 Times in 4,584 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post
    Johnson had some positions I liked but I think Libertarians can do better than a guy who promises not to smoke pot while he's in the White House.

I've told you how things will change. It seems that you're not listening. Third parties are not "selling a product" that can produce a majority of voters to side with them. I think the Libertarians could if a couple of things were to happen. One they can control, and one they can't. They can control being so dogmatic and ideologically pure. There needs to be some flexibility from a pure libertarian orthodoxy if you want to appeal to more people.

The one that is out of their control is what I've mentioned. Education. Until people are brought up and taught to believe in freedom, individual responsibility and self reliance, and that it's not someone else or the government's responsibility to take care of them then the libertarian message is not going to appeal to a majority.

Until the mindset of the population changes we're going to continue to have the two parties behaving the way they do. They are a reflection of their constituents, not the other way around.
    This.

I CAN'T get with drug legalization across the board thing. I cant get with "I don't care what you do as long as it doesn't affect me". I cant get with isolationism. We don't live in a bubble. Does that mean sticking our nose everywhere? No but I dont want to REACT after the fact. I want us to be proactive in the world.

You need to win over the grey vote to even make a dent. A good libertarian candidate will know how to appeal to everybody. It can happen with the right person. Gary Johnson is a fool.

6. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 04:09 PM
    Liked 10,860 Times in 5,714 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    This.

I CAN'T get with drug legalization across the board thing. I cant get with "I don't care what you do as long as it doesn't affect me". I cant get with isolationism. We don't live in a bubble. Does that mean sticking our nose everywhere? No but I dont want to REACT after the fact. I want us to be proactive in the world.

You need to win over the grey vote to even make a dent. A good libertarian candidate will know how to appeal to everybody. It can happen with the right person. Gary Johnson is a fool.
    Rand Paul is a good example. But guess what? He runs as a Republican. And he's wise to do so.

What Libertarians ought to do is try to take back the Republican Party to what it is supposed to be about which is fiscal discipline and small government. To me that is an easier road to go than trying to win votes as a third party candidate.

We don't need a third party. We need the alleged party of fiscal responsibility and limited government to be the party of fiscal responsibility and limited government. That's not what they are right now.
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

8. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 04:31 PM
    Liked 11,752 Times in 6,510 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    I'm not saying that he doesn't have some politicians his pocket. He does. I'm saying he has much less influence than what he gets credit for.

Soros = the Koch brothers. Just different team. Those on the right think that's crazy as do those on the left. This happens with the truth all the time.

Sent from blah blah using Tapatalk
    Those on the left refuse to even address the Soros question. They either ignore it or scream about the Koch Bros.

Mike, I'm not a Koch fan, I don't hate them, but I'm not a big supporter. George Soros is not the Koch Bros.
    †"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesnít really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Eruption
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 03:40 PM
    Liked 100 Times in 84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pickslide View Post
    Again, the Cato Institute openly supports and agitates for gay marriage, pot legalization, free association, open immigration, and extended individual freedom. This notion that they are dark lords seeking to suppress poor people is extremely one-sided and inaccurate, and ignores mounds of evidence to the contrary. Another hobgoblin for the left.

TK
    The Cato Institute is not a hivemind. They don't march in lockstep. Thus, they have vastly different beliefs and actions than what the organization itself moves for.

The Kochs themselves simply give brief soundbites, but don't act on following them up, when instead they push to eliminate the EPA, renewable energy initiatives, the VA, Social Security and Medicare, the minimum wage, mass transit, all public education, unions, abortion, all LGBT protections including marriage equality, Roe v.
    Wade
    , and all civil rights laws. It's a bunch of misdirection, and many like you are willing dupes, because of their token support and funding for drug law reform. Being allegedly libertarian also doesn't stop them from donating to virtually all campaigns of candidates that aren't center-left or liberal.
    Last edited by Toxic34; 12.13.17 at 03:40 PM.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 04:31 PM
    Liked 11,752 Times in 6,510 Posts

Premium Member

Rand Paul is a good example. But guess what? He runs as a Republican. And he's wise to do so.

What Libertarians ought to do is try to take back the Republican Party to what it is supposed to be about which is fiscal discipline and small government. To me that is an easier road to go than trying to win votes as a third party candidate.

We don't need a third party. We need the alleged party of fiscal responsibility and limited government to be the party of fiscal responsibility and limited government. That's not what they are right now.
    Well said. Rand also avoids the wacky side of Libertarians.
    †"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesnít really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

12. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 6,688 Times in 3,708 Posts

This is very well said.

Sent from blah blah using Tapatalk