Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1925 of 1936 FirstFirst ... 925142518251875191519221923192419251926192719281935 ... LastLast
Results 28,861 to 28,875 of 29034
    Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Liked 786 Times in 377 Posts

Premium Member

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...umn/927957001/

On Jerusalem, Donald Trump ended a quarter century of lies

Recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel has long been a bipartisan policy goal.

President Trump’s announcement that he will recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel has ignited a firestorm of protest. What’s disingenuous about the histrionic response is the capital’s move from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem is a longstanding goal of U.S. policy that once had bipartisan support.

- When running for president 25 years ago, Bill Clinton promised to “support Jerusalem as the capital of the state of Israel.”
    - President George W. Bush criticized Clinton for not following up on that commitment, but then W failed to make good on his too.
    - During Barack Obama’s 2008 campaign, he stated that, “we should move our embassy to Jerusalem” but never recognized the city as the capital once he was elected.

The difference now, whether one loves or hates Trump, is that people across the political spectrum are going berserk because he is moving to fulfill his campaign promise on this issue after the three previous presidents lied about it to win office.
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

2. The Following 5 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 11:48 AM
    Liked 6,670 Times in 3,696 Posts

I think that once the Americans move their embassy that many other nations will follow.

Sent from blah blah using Tapatalk

4. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:22 PM
    Liked 3,107 Times in 1,819 Posts

Premium Member

It’s hard to get information on this. But he still signed the six-month waiver, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Liked 786 Times in 377 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    It’s hard to get information on this. But he still signed the six-month waiver, right?

US president renews 6 month deferment of diplomatic mission's relocation, but has instructed State Department to begin preparations.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/after-...-embassy-move/
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

7. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 12:10 PM
    Liked 7,837 Times in 4,573 Posts

Premium Member

That's what I like about Trump. He"s not pc. Talk is cheap. Trump finally did what others paid lip service to.

9. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 11:20 AM
    Liked 18,104 Times in 8,945 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    I don't think he was trying to be helpful, I think he was trying to help himself. Flynn was his director of the Defense Intelligence Agency for two years and they had a falling out. That's a lot of inside baseball on the Obama administration.
    I don't see it that way. Flynn is a bad card.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic & Summer Nights
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 10:20 PM
    Liked 67 Times in 35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wruff_ajax View Post
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...umn/927957001/

On Jerusalem, Donald Trump ended a quarter century of lies

Recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel has long been a bipartisan policy goal.

President Trump’s announcement that he will recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel has ignited a firestorm of protest. What’s disingenuous about the histrionic response is the capital’s move from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem is a longstanding goal of U.S. policy that once had bipartisan support.

- When running for president 25 years ago, Bill Clinton promised to “support Jerusalem as the capital of the state of Israel.”
    - President George W. Bush criticized Clinton for not following up on that commitment, but then W failed to make good on his too.
    - During Barack Obama’s 2008 campaign, he stated that, “we should move our embassy to Jerusalem” but never recognized the city as the capital once he was elected.

The difference now, whether one loves or hates Trump, is that people across the political spectrum are going berserk because he is moving to fulfill his campaign promise on this issue after the three previous presidents lied about it to win office.

Still, I am baffled as to why he chose to do this.

Yes...I am aware that both his son in law and his daughter are Jewish, and I am aware that both persons are advisors to the President. But the President has a million and one issues - fabricated or otherwise - that his opponents are using in an effort to bring him down. Trump is a brilliant man, and his decisions are well thought out. Why would he bring upon himself another battle? What else is at play here?
    "There is something completely wrong with Sammy Hagar. The man is all over the place with his mood swings. "I hate Eddie", "I love Eddie", "I want to tour with VH", "I don't want to tour with VH", "I'm not looking to start anything", "I just want to go out on a high note and not have any negativity looming over how I've handled this", "Eddie and Alex are the devil and his brother" - NoBrownM&M's

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic & Summer Nights
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 10:20 PM
    Liked 67 Times in 35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    I don't see it that way. Flynn is a bad card.
    Respectfully: are you sure about that? From day one he hasn't been on board:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...overnment.html
    "There is something completely wrong with Sammy Hagar. The man is all over the place with his mood swings. "I hate Eddie", "I love Eddie", "I want to tour with VH", "I don't want to tour with VH", "I'm not looking to start anything", "I just want to go out on a high note and not have any negativity looming over how I've handled this", "Eddie and Alex are the devil and his brother" - NoBrownM&M's

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 12:07 PM
    Liked 10,834 Times in 5,697 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by pickslide View Post
    Watergate investigation took two years or more. Whitewater went on for at least three years. This stuff takes time. Is it a waste of time? Maybe. We shall see.

And there would DEFINITELY be support for a similar Hillary investigation.
    They wanted to "Lock her up!" because she is bad at IT.

Whatever else has happened, there seems to have been a lot of false claims of "we didn't have contact" that we now know are false. The question is if that adds up to high crimes and misdemeanors, or if there is, or was a coverup.

TK
    Yes, there would. But not from the same people that are supporting this one.

It is true that the "we didn't have contact" claims have proven to be false. However, from everything I have read and seen, the contact happened after the election in an attempt to improve relations with Russia. So I'm not sure what the problem is. I personally would like the U.S. to have better relations with Russia, along with other countries of the world so that maybe we can take a step back from always being the world's police force.

And believe me, I would be a little more tolerant of this if it wasn't an investigation being led by a bunch of Democratic donors and people who donated to Clinton specifically. That doesn't exactly set my mind at ease that this is being done in an impartial manner.
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

14. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by japeape View Post
    Yes, but had Hillary been elected, you guys would be creating threads, screaming we: INVESTIGATE!!!!!
    Investigate what? If Hillary had won I wouldn't be making up nonsense to justify why Trump lost. I would have accepted the outcome of the election even though I wouldn't have liked it just like I did twice with Obama.

16. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by pickslide View Post
    Of course it's not just Hillary and Trump. It's virtually the entire government. And 98% of registered voters will actively request that it continue in the next cycle.

We have met the enemy, and he is us.

TK
    It's the human condition and it's not going to change.

It goes on in my local school board elections FFS.

The point being that this sham of an investigation is not leading us toward where any of this will end. It is just perpetuating the cycle and the next time a Democrat is in office it will start up again.

At some point someone has to break the cycle. I don't anticipate that anytime soon.

18. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Premium Member

Right, but this information received in June that Mueller asked to keep quiet until now puts a new twist on it. Flynn was talking to the Russians about ending sanctions and at the same time telling his business partners the same thing. And this company just happened to be dealing with Russia to build nuclear power plants in the Middle East?

Flynn apparently text his business partners from the inauguration saying sanctions were toast and that the business venture with Russia was a go.

And this matters because?

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:22 PM
    Liked 3,107 Times in 1,819 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post
    And this matters because?
    Well, this likely explains why Flynn lied to the FBI. And with Trump’s tweet the other day, changing the original story, Trump seems to admit to knowing Flynn lied to the FBI before allegedly asking Comey to end the investigation.

On the other hand, at least for now, it gives Trump a chance to say, “See? It was Flynn working to line his own pockets, not me.”

Of course, Flynn says he was directed to defeat sanctions by someone senior on the transition team. This seems to point towards others being involved with whatever Flynn was ultimately up to.

At the very least this is pretty awful “extreme vetting” of Flynn by Trump, very bad judgement, against advice it seems.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by NDL View Post
    Respectfully: are you sure about that? From day one he hasn't been on board:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...overnment.html
    Not my point. He obviously was a successful military and intelligence officer. But he was and to the best of my knowledge still is under investigation for receiving improper payments from foreign governments, then not reporting them, then lying about them. This is before his Sergey Kislyak debacle.

Sometimes, and this is just me speaking from personal experience in dealing with them, that some military intelligence officers become habitual liars and secretive as part of being good at their job, and once they do it for years, or even decades, it is a hard habit to break. Not excusing it from him, but it becomes an ingrained talent.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Well, this likely explains why Flynn lied to the FBI. And with Trump’s tweet the other day, changing the original story, Trump seems to admit to knowing Flynn lied to the FBI before allegedly asking Comey to end the investigation.

On the other hand, at least for now, it gives Trump a chance to say, “See? It was Flynn working to line his own pockets, not me.”

Of course, Flynn says he was directed to defeat sanctions by someone senior on the transition team. This seems to point towards others being involved with whatever Flynn was ultimately up to.

At the very least this is pretty awful “extreme vetting” of Flynn by Trump, very bad judgement, against advice it seems.
    It's the timing of it that is important to me. Is he telling Russia what will happen to sanctions before the election as part of getting aid from Russia in colluding for the election, or was it during the transition and him saying to Russia "hey, once we are in charge, this is what we are going to do."

The first one is problematic, the second one is not.

Next, was Flynn taking information that he was gleaning as part of Trump's inner circle to enrich himself and business associates? No matter the timing, the one is problematic.

Only one of these options are bad for Trump outside of him doing a poor job vetting his campaign managers and his initial top staffers.

23. The Following Member Likes This Post: