Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1195 of 1941 FirstFirst ... 19569510951145118511921193119411951196119711981205124512951695 ... LastLast
Results 17,911 to 17,925 of 29113
  1. #17911
    Atomic Punk CaboChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.23.11
    Age
    45
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    15,624
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

    12.13.17 @ 07:18 AM
    Likes
    4,318
    Liked 7,840 Times in 4,576 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    "Recreational heroin user"?

    Is that like a once in a while pedophile? Just on the weekends?

    There's no such thing.

  2. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  3. #17912
    Forum Frontman fudd's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.22.08
    Age
    38
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    14,266
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

    @
    Likes
    1,317
    Liked 6,317 Times in 3,175 Posts


    Premium Member

    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    "Recreational heroin user"?

    Is that like a once in a while pedophile? Just on the weekends?

    There's no such thing.
    Exactly my point.

  4. #17913
    Atomic Punk Dave's Dreidel's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.10.05
    Age
    47
    Location
    Kate Upton's Closet
    Posts
    37,872
    Favorite VH Album

    Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

    The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

    12.13.17 @ 07:17 AM
    Likes
    3,501
    Liked 18,121 Times in 8,949 Posts

    Default

    I am sure there are somewhere recreational heroin users, but they are so few that they still make the point.

    In it's street form, it isn't a recreational drug, it's an addiction drug.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

    Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

    David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

    Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

    Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

    DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

  5. #17914
    Eruption
    Join Date
    07.07.15
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    985
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm The One
    Last Online

    11.17.17 @ 05:11 AM
    Likes
    982
    Liked 648 Times in 358 Posts

    Default

    I've heard that in theory, one can be a recreational heroin user. I've never met one though but I have met a lot of heroin addicts. As others have said, I'm sure there's a few around but they'd be the exception not the rule.

    That's part of the problem with gateways - when everything is illegal, the guy buying pot or ecstasy or something recreational that is not particularly dangerous is likely to come into contact with the harder, addictive deadly shit just because he's got to score from a dealer.

  6. #17915
    Atomic Punk ziggysmalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.24.03
    Location
    Cleveland, Oh
    Posts
    12,970
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

    12.13.17 @ 05:06 AM
    Likes
    2,601
    Liked 4,798 Times in 2,449 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    I been around heroin and believe me there are no recreational users. That's why I never ever touched that shit. I have done about everything else but never opiates because I have seen what happens when you do it once. Drinking, sex, smoking, pot, food, etc is nothing close to that. You don't do heroin once. You are in it for the end game. Whether that means in a box or you go to rehab.

    Its like father time though. Its undefeated

  7. #17916
    ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.08.06
    Posts
    29,805
    Last Online

    12.13.17 @ 06:50 AM
    Likes
    1,875
    Liked 6,827 Times in 3,569 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Since the FBI seems like it's not going to do shit to help Trump, and there is a window at work from all the M-word talk... I'll just go with this nonsense.

    How is he so bad at SITTING?'

    Last edited by Number 47; 03.21.17 at 05:16 AM.

  8. #17917
    Good Enough pickslide's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.02.04
    Age
    49
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    1,856
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Mean Street
    Last Online

    12.13.17 @ 07:17 AM
    Likes
    796
    Liked 798 Times in 433 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    I been around heroin and believe me there are no recreational users. That's why I never ever touched that shit. I have done about everything else but never opiates because I have seen what happens when you do it once. Drinking, sex, smoking, pot, food, etc is nothing close to that. You don't do heroin once. You are in it for the end game. Whether that means in a box or you go to rehab.

    Its like father time though. Its undefeated
    Again, though, as LM said, that is largely a myth. Now let me qualify it by saying this: Heroin is extremely dangerous and extremely addictive and no doubt has destroyed millions of lives. I don't recommend trying it, and I sure as hell don't recommend a lifestyle that includes it. But the fact is that MANY people try heroin and never use it again. Many people use it for a while and quit, recognizing the danger. Even the National Institute on Drug Abuse estimates that only about 23% of people who try heroin get addicted.

    The real gateway drug, it turns out, is dopamine - a chemical your brain produces on its own. Despite its natural origin, it is at the root of almost all addiction, including drugs. The other - and probably more important - gateway to rampant and illicit drug use is the war on drugs. Criminalizing the pursuit of euphoria has damaged more lives than the drugs themselves and is, in fact, the engine of their ever more dangerous production.

    Whatever your moral opinion of the addict or his supplier, the fact is that the war on drugs creates and perpetuates the illicit marketplace. It is nothing more than government sponsored support for drug cartels.

    TK

  9. #17918
    Atomic Punk bklynboy68's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.10.12
    Posts
    18,760
    Favorite VH Album

    The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

    12.13.17 @ 07:11 AM
    Likes
    12,882
    Liked 11,749 Times in 6,507 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pickslide View Post
    Again, though, as LM said, that is largely a myth. Now let me qualify it by saying this: Heroin is extremely dangerous and extremely addictive and no doubt has destroyed millions of lives. I don't recommend trying it, and I sure as hell don't recommend a lifestyle that includes it. But the fact is that MANY people try heroin and never use it again. Many people use it for a while and quit, recognizing the danger. Even the National Institute on Drug Abuse estimates that only about 23% of people who try heroin get addicted.

    The real gateway drug, it turns out, is dopamine - a chemical your brain produces on its own. Despite its natural origin, it is at the root of almost all addiction, including drugs. The other - and probably more important - gateway to rampant and illicit drug use is the war on drugs. Criminalizing the pursuit of euphoria has damaged more lives than the drugs themselves and is, in fact, the engine of their ever more dangerous production.

    Whatever your moral opinion of the addict or his supplier, the fact is that the war on drugs creates and perpetuates the illicit marketplace. It is nothing more than government sponsored support for drug cartels.

    TK
    Government sponsored support for drug cartels is exactly what's happening in Colorado right now.
    †"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

    "Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

    'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

    "I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

    "My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

    "But being number one doesnít really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

  10. #17919
    Atomic Punk Dave's Dreidel's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.10.05
    Age
    47
    Location
    Kate Upton's Closet
    Posts
    37,872
    Favorite VH Album

    Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

    The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

    12.13.17 @ 07:17 AM
    Likes
    3,501
    Liked 18,121 Times in 8,949 Posts

    Default

    I disagree. They only legalized about 60% of the drug trade, and only in specific states.

    Make it all legal, therefore the cartels have nothing to sell in America. Cocaine, heroin, meth...you name it, make it legal.

    Limit the potency, which they can do with marijuana too if they wanted to, regulate the quality, and tax it.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

    Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

    David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

    Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

    Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

    DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

  11. #17920
    Forum Frontman fudd's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.22.08
    Age
    38
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    14,266
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

    @
    Likes
    1,317
    Liked 6,317 Times in 3,175 Posts


    Premium Member

    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    I disagree. They only legalized about 60% of the drug trade, and only in specific states.

    Make it all legal, therefore the cartels have nothing to sell in America. Cocaine, heroin, meth...you name it, make it legal.

    Limit the potency, which they can do with marijuana too if they wanted to, regulate the quality, and tax it.
    But here's the kicker, the government grows the most potent weed. Ever hear of G-13?

  12. #17921
    Atomic Punk bklynboy68's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.10.12
    Posts
    18,760
    Favorite VH Album

    The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

    12.13.17 @ 07:11 AM
    Likes
    12,882
    Liked 11,749 Times in 6,507 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    I disagree. They only legalized about 60% of the drug trade, and only in specific states.

    Make it all legal, therefore the cartels have nothing to sell in America. Cocaine, heroin, meth...you name it, make it legal.

    Limit the potency, which they can do with marijuana too if they wanted to, regulate the quality, and tax it.
    They are washing their money and gaining influence as we speak. The way they went about this was wrong.

    I'll repost this since the pro legalization crowd (Not you) never considers or cares about the side effects. JUST GIMME THE DRUGS.

    Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Heck of tradeoff. Now they're laundering money like a mofo, and gaining influence in an American city. Of course the left loves this. High cost of living and high crime has always been acceptable to them.


    Mexican drug cartels are taking full advantage of Colorado's marijuana laws

    Sally Mamdooh
    9:02 PM, Apr 7, 2016


    DENVER -
    The legalization of marijuana in the state of Colorado has not only been good for the local economy, but it has inadvertently helped fuel the business of Mexican drug cartels.

    If you combine the legalization of marijuana and you combine that there are no regulations for the legalization of marijuana outside Colorado, it becomes an attractive criminal enterprises," said Jorge Duque with the Colorado Department of Law.

    Duque said cartels are now trading drugs like heroin for marijuana, and the trade has since opened the door to drug and human trafficking.

    “We have lots of victims. People are victimized whether they are being forced into prostitution, whether they are being kidnapped or just becoming addicts to illegal drug,” said Duque.

    And with that, Duque argued, comes money laundering. He said Cartels are often disguising their money through legally purchasing marijuana or buying houses and growing marijuana in it.

    Duque said the Colorado Attorney General’s Office is now working hand in hand with the Mexican consulate in Colorado to crack down on the growing criminal activity.

    "We know now, that obviously we cannot solve every single problem that there is and obviously we can't do it alone."

    The Attorney General’s Office estimates that drug trafficking profits in the U.S are about $65 billion a year.


    http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...marijuana-laws


    Good luck with that.
    Last edited by bklynboy68; 03.21.17 at 06:27 AM.
    †"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

    "Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

    'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

    "I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

    "My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

    "But being number one doesnít really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

  13. #17922
    Atomic Punk Dave's Dreidel's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.10.05
    Age
    47
    Location
    Kate Upton's Closet
    Posts
    37,872
    Favorite VH Album

    Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

    The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

    12.13.17 @ 07:17 AM
    Likes
    3,501
    Liked 18,121 Times in 8,949 Posts

    Default

    That's why it has to be a national legalization, with national laws, and it has to encompass ALL recreational drugs.

    The way we are doing it piecemeal from state to state, with it still being illegal in the US makes no sense.

    As a nation we have nationally regulated alcohol and tobacco products, I have not read or heard an argument that the same can't be done for currently illicit drugs and done well.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

    Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

    David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

    Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

    Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

    DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

  14. #17923
    Atomic Punk bklynboy68's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.10.12
    Posts
    18,760
    Favorite VH Album

    The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

    12.13.17 @ 07:11 AM
    Likes
    12,882
    Liked 11,749 Times in 6,507 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    That's why it has to be a national legalization, with national laws, and it has to encompass ALL recreational drugs.

    The way we are doing it piecemeal from state to state, with it still being illegal in the US makes no sense.

    As a nation we have nationally regulated alcohol and tobacco products, I have not read or heard an argument that the same can't be done for currently illicit drugs and done well.
    Precisely. If this is the route we are going, (we as a nation, not a small group of politicians and pot heads) then it has to be a national discussion. Those in favor of legalization want it done piecemeal because they fear that they will lose on a national level. Too bad , so sad.
    †"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

    "Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

    'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

    "I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

    "My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

    "But being number one doesnít really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

  15. #17924
    Good Enough pickslide's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.02.04
    Age
    49
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    1,856
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Mean Street
    Last Online

    12.13.17 @ 07:17 AM
    Likes
    796
    Liked 798 Times in 433 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Government sponsored support for drug cartels is exactly what's happening in Colorado right now.
    Not sure what you mean, but the ENTIRE drug war is, economically speaking, a boom for illegal drugs. Always has been. Always will be. It did the same for alcohol. And prohibition of pot has been just as disastrous, if not more so, than that little experiment.

    TK

  16. #17925
    Forum Frontman fudd's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.22.08
    Age
    38
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    14,266
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

    @
    Likes
    1,317
    Liked 6,317 Times in 3,175 Posts


    Premium Member

    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    That's why it has to be a national legalization, with national laws, and it has to encompass ALL recreational drugs.

    The way we are doing it piecemeal from state to state, with it still being illegal in the US makes no sense.

    As a nation we have nationally regulated alcohol and tobacco products, I have not read or heard an argument that the same can't be done for currently illicit drugs and done well.
    Because no matter what Dave, let's just say with heroin, if it's regulated to say 20% purity, pretty soon someone with a tolerance is going to want some stronger stuff. It's kinda the same argument with moonshine. I don't really WANT to drink something potentially made in a used carburetor but I know it'll fuck me the fuck up. Same applies to heroin. Or coke. And that aspect the trade will always be bustling.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. President Bush And Vice President Dick Cheney To Be Arrested Upon Visiting Vermont
    By chefcraig in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03.06.08, 03:39 PM
  2. Donald Fagen
    By VanHagar4Life in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05.01.06, 07:49 AM
  3. Donald Trump fires Chewbacca!
    By Wolfie3 in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11.10.05, 07:13 AM
  4. Who runs this??Ray Daniels??
    By littleguitars in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10.06.01, 10:54 AM
  5. Australia mourns - Sir Donald Bradman dies, aged 92
    By Goo in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02.25.01, 10:51 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •