Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 2984 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 1984248428842934297429812982298329842985298629872994 ... LastLast
Results 44,746 to 44,760 of 45043
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

06.26.19 @ 05:37 PM
    Liked 16,947 Times in 9,582 Posts

Premium Member

Here we go...

White House to Unveil Economic Component of Israeli-Palestinian Peace Plan at Bahrain in June

19 May 2019

The White House revealed Sunday that it would unveil the “economic component” of its long-awaited Israeli-Palestinian peace plan at a regional economic conference to be held in Manama, Bahrain, on June 25 and 26.

In a joint communiqué released Sunday, the Kingdom of Bahrain and the United States outlined the conference agenda:

The Kingdom of Bahrain, in partnership with the United States, will host the “Peace to Prosperity” economic workshop in Manama on June 25 and June 26, 2019. This workshop is a pivotal opportunity to convene government, civil society, and business leaders to share ideas, discuss strategies, and galvanize support for potential economic investments and initiatives that could be made possible by a peace agreement.

“Peace to Prosperity” will facilitate discussions on an ambitious, achievable vision and framework for a prosperous future for the Palestinian people and the region, including enhancements to economic governance, development of human capital, and facilitation of rapid private-sector growth. If implemented, this vision has the potential to radically transform lives and put the region on a path toward a brighter future.

Secretary of the Treasury Steven Mnuchin was quoted by the communiqué as saying that the economic conference “will offer Palestinians exciting new opportunities to realize their full potential” following a peace agreement.

A senior administration official, speaking on background, said that the goal of the plan would be to harness grant, low-interest loans, and private investment toward growing the Palestinian economy and raising the Palestinian standard of living as a foundation for peace. Several Palestinian business leaders had been invited to participate in the conference.

Senior presidential adviser Jared Kushner said in a statement: “The Palestinian people, along with all people in the Middle East, deserve a future with dignity and the opportunity to better their lives. Economic progress can only be achieved with a solid economic vision and if the core political issues are resolved. We look forward to presenting our vision on ways to bridge the core political issues very soon.”

The Trump administration has been working on its peace plan for many months. Few details are known, though the administration has suggested that it will look somewhat different than the efforts undertaken by previous presidents.

The Palestinian Authority has already rejected the peace plan out of hand, saying that the Trump administration is too pro-Israel. However, regional powers, especially Saudi Arabia, are thought to be cooperating with the administration.

https://www.breitbart.com/middle-eas...hrain-in-june/
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

On Fire
    Last Online

06.21.19 @ 02:49 PM
    Liked 51 Times in 23 Posts

I know I will incur the wrath of guys like Brew and Wruff for publishing this. But I thought its interesting reading. Ready for the push back that follows 😁

Someone asked "Why do some British people not like Donald Trump?"

Nate White, an articulate and witty writer from England, wrote this magnificent response:

"A few things spring to mind.

Trump lacks certain qualities which the British traditionally esteem.

For instance, he has no class, no charm, no coolness, no credibility, no compassion, no wit, no warmth, no wisdom, no subtlety, no sensitivity, no self-awareness, no humility, no honour and no grace - all qualities, funnily enough, with which his predecessor Mr. Obama was generously blessed.

So for us, the stark contrast does rather throw Trump’s limitations into embarrassingly sharp relief.

Plus, we like a laugh. And while Trump may be laughable, he has never once said anything wry, witty or even faintly amusing - not once, ever.

I don’t say that rhetorically, I mean it quite literally: not once, not ever. And that fact is particularly disturbing to the British sensibility - for us, to lack humour is almost inhuman.

But with Trump, it’s a fact. He doesn’t even seem to understand what a joke is - his idea of a joke is a crass comment, an illiterate insult, a casual act of cruelty.

Trump is a troll. And like all trolls, he is never funny and he never laughs; he only crows or jeers.

And scarily, he doesn’t just talk in crude, witless insults - he actually thinks in them. His mind is a simple bot-like algorithm of petty prejudices and knee-jerk nastiness.

There is never any under-layer of irony, complexity, nuance or depth. It’s all surface.

Some Americans might see this as refreshingly upfront.

Well, we don’t. We see it as having no inner world, no soul.

And in Britain we traditionally side with David, not Goliath. All our heroes are plucky underdogs: Robin Hood, Dick Whittington, Oliver Twist.

Trump is neither plucky, nor an underdog. He is the exact opposite of that.

He’s not even a spoiled rich-boy, or a greedy fat-cat.

He’s more a fat white slug. A Jabba the Hutt of privilege.

And worse, he is that most unforgivable of all things to the British: a bully.

That is, except when he is among bullies; then he suddenly transforms into a snivelling sidekick instead.

There are unspoken rules to this stuff - the Queensberry rules of basic decency - and he breaks them all. He punches downwards - which a gentleman should, would, could never do - and every blow he aims is below the belt. He particularly likes to kick the vulnerable or voiceless - and he kicks them when they are down.

So the fact that a significant minority - perhaps a third - of Americans look at what he does, listen to what he says, and then think 'Yeah, he seems like my kind of guy’ is a matter of some confusion and no little distress to British people, given that:
    * Americans are supposed to be nicer than us, and mostly are.
    * You don't need a particularly keen eye for detail to spot a few flaws in the man.

This last point is what especially confuses and dismays British people, and many other people too; his faults seem pretty bloody hard to miss.

After all, it’s impossible to read a single tweet, or hear him speak a sentence or two, without staring deep into the abyss. He turns being artless into an art form; he is a Picasso of pettiness; a Shakespeare of shit. His faults are fractal: even his flaws have flaws, and so on ad infinitum.

God knows there have always been stupid people in the world, and plenty of nasty people too. But rarely has stupidity been so nasty, or nastiness so stupid.

He makes Nixon look trustworthy and George W look smart.

In fact, if Frankenstein decided to make a monster assembled entirely from human flaws - he would make a Trump.

And a remorseful Doctor Frankenstein would clutch out big clumpfuls of hair and scream in anguish:

'My God… what… have… I… created?

If being a twat was a TV show, Trump would be the boxed set."

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

06.26.19 @ 04:35 PM
    Liked 3,561 Times in 2,168 Posts

Premium Member

My guess is Trumps peace plan wont go well in the streets of Hebron or in Hezbo land. But you get an A for effort. Meanwhile the evil Israelis will go back to work on a cure for cancer and the next tech thing.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

On Fire
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    My guess is Trumps peace plan wont go well in the streets of Hebron or in Hezbo land. But you get an A for effort. Meanwhile the evil Israelis will go back to work on a cure for cancer and the next tech thing.
    Also alternative to fossil fuels. Lots of effort on breaking OPECs stranglehold on the world. Which I belive in the long run will benefit even OPEC countries as they will have to find a way to create wealth which can no longer be pumped from underground.

5. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 7,391 Times in 3,674 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle View Post
    I know I will incur the wrath of guys like Brew and Wruff for publishing this. But I thought its interesting reading. Ready for the push back that follows

Someone asked "Why do some British people not like Donald Trump?"

Nate White, an articulate and witty writer from England, wrote this magnificent response:

"A few things spring to mind.

Trump lacks certain qualities which the British traditionally esteem.

For instance, he has no class, no charm, no coolness, no credibility, no compassion, no wit, no warmth, no wisdom, no subtlety, no sensitivity, no self-awareness, no humility, no honour and no grace - all qualities, funnily enough, with which his predecessor Mr. Obama was generously blessed.

So for us, the stark contrast does rather throw Trump’s limitations into embarrassingly sharp relief.

Plus, we like a laugh. And while Trump may be laughable, he has never once said anything wry, witty or even faintly amusing - not once, ever.

I don’t say that rhetorically, I mean it quite literally: not once, not ever. And that fact is particularly disturbing to the British sensibility - for us, to lack humour is almost inhuman.

But with Trump, it’s a fact. He doesn’t even seem to understand what a joke is - his idea of a joke is a crass comment, an illiterate insult, a casual act of cruelty.

Trump is a troll. And like all trolls, he is never funny and he never laughs; he only crows or jeers.

And scarily, he doesn’t just talk in crude, witless insults - he actually thinks in them. His mind is a simple bot-like algorithm of petty prejudices and knee-jerk nastiness.

There is never any under-layer of irony, complexity, nuance or depth. It’s all surface.

Some Americans might see this as refreshingly upfront.

Well, we don’t. We see it as having no inner world, no soul.

And in Britain we traditionally side with David, not Goliath. All our heroes are plucky underdogs: Robin Hood, Dick Whittington, Oliver Twist.

Trump is neither plucky, nor an underdog. He is the exact opposite of that.

He’s not even a spoiled rich-boy, or a greedy fat-cat.

He’s more a fat white slug. A Jabba the Hutt of privilege.

And worse, he is that most unforgivable of all things to the British: a bully.

That is, except when he is among bullies; then he suddenly transforms into a snivelling sidekick instead.

There are unspoken rules to this stuff - the Queensberry rules of basic decency - and he breaks them all. He punches downwards - which a gentleman should, would, could never do - and every blow he aims is below the belt. He particularly likes to kick the vulnerable or voiceless - and he kicks them when they are down.

So the fact that a significant minority - perhaps a third - of Americans look at what he does, listen to what he says, and then think 'Yeah, he seems like my kind of guy’ is a matter of some confusion and no little distress to British people, given that:
    * Americans are supposed to be nicer than us, and mostly are.
    * You don't need a particularly keen eye for detail to spot a few flaws in the man.

This last point is what especially confuses and dismays British people, and many other people too; his faults seem pretty bloody hard to miss.

After all, it’s impossible to read a single tweet, or hear him speak a sentence or two, without staring deep into the abyss. He turns being artless into an art form; he is a Picasso of pettiness; a Shakespeare of shit. His faults are fractal: even his flaws have flaws, and so on ad infinitum.

God knows there have always been stupid people in the world, and plenty of nasty people too. But rarely has stupidity been so nasty, or nastiness so stupid.

He makes Nixon look trustworthy and George W look smart.

In fact, if Frankenstein decided to make a monster assembled entirely from human flaws - he would make a Trump.

And a remorseful Doctor Frankenstein would clutch out big clumpfuls of hair and scream in anguish:

'My God… what… have… I… created?

If being a twat was a TV show, Trump would be the boxed set."
    See here’s the thing, we don’t care if others like him. He gets the job done. Is he proper? Nope. Not by a damn sight. Could he be? Yup. For once I only care about what he’s doing for US. Not the world. They have their own leadership.

Now let’s look at what he has done:

Record low unemployment
    Stock market at a high
    NATO being funded fairly
    North Korea is playing nice
    Troops coming home
    No wars
    Military buildup
    Consumer confidence is riding high

I mean I don’t care if he kills puppies. He’s getting results. What the hell did Obama do except bend over for the world?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

06.26.19 @ 01:56 PM
    Liked 992 Times in 616 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by fudd View Post
    What the hell did Obama do except bend over for the world?
    image5681226x.jpg
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

I had a feeling something was up when the mainstream media and the Dems didn’t jump all over this like a hungry dog on beef rib.

This guy has become a big disappointment, not Rand Paul.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

10. The Following Member Likes This Post:

On Fire
    Last Online

See here’s the thing, we don’t care if others like him. He gets the job done. Is he proper? Nope. Not by a damn sight. Could he be? Yup. For once I only care about what he’s doing for US. Not the world. They have their own leadership.

Now let’s look at what he has done:

Record low unemployment
    Stock market at a high
    NATO being funded fairly
    North Korea is playing nice
    Troops coming home
    No wars
    Military buildup
    Consumer confidence is riding high

I mean I don’t care if he kills puppies. He’s getting results. What the hell did Obama do except bend over for the world?

I get the same reply from all my Trump voter friends and family. Which is why I think he will get reelected. And when that happens he will let loose.

I don't deny facts. my beed with him as an observer is more on a moral level. And my fear is if his personal beliefs and politics set off a world trend.

You are secure having him as President because at the end of they day you have comfort in the checks and balances which will stop him from going overboard. Power in the US is distributed. It even extends to corporations. So a tyrant is unlikely to be tolerated for long.

But put him in a broken system like Italy or Greece and it is not going to be a pretty picture.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

But he’s not Italian or Greek so the point is moot.

We have had presidents with worse morals in our history. Never mind the rest of the world.

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 7,391 Times in 3,674 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle View Post
    I get the same reply from all my Trump voter friends and family. Which is why I think he will get reelected. And when that happens he will let loose.

I don't deny facts. my beed with him as an observer is more on a moral level. And my fear is if his personal beliefs and politics set off a world trend.

You are secure having him as President because at the end of they day you have comfort in the checks and balances which will stop him from going overboard. Power in the US is distributed. It even extends to corporations. So a tyrant is unlikely to be tolerated for long.

But put him in a broken system like Italy or Greece and it is not going to be a pretty picture.
    See i don’t care about his morals. I care about his actions in the office. Bottom line is that shit is getting done. Stuff that needed to. You can’t always be everyone’s friend when you have to be a hard ass. But at the end of the day the results are all that matters. That’s what you get judged on.

No matter who was elected you had a 50/50 shot of pissing someone off. The other half is just pissed off now. I’m sure that will change in a few years. And considering who the alternative was as far as candidates it was like choosing whether you’d rather have hepatitis c or HIV. Both were unpleasant.

We got hep C.

14. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

06.26.19 @ 08:07 PM
    Liked 15,455 Times in 8,102 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    I had a feeling something was up when the mainstream media and the Dems didn’t jump all over this like a hungry dog on beef rib.

This guy has become a big disappointment, not Rand Paul.
    Yep. When you have people like Tlaib coming out and praising you then you know you're on the wrong side of an issue.

And he got his ass primaried too. Let's hope the voters in Michigan send him on his way.

Another POS politician who cares more about his interests than those of his constituents.
    Last edited by Get The Show On The Road; 05.20.19 at 07:12 AM.
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

06.26.19 @ 12:24 PM
    Liked 6,351 Times in 3,293 Posts

I may or may not like what the leaders of UK, Germany, etc are doing for their countries or what they say but I trust they are making the decisions for the betterment of their country. For example, I think what Merkel is doing to Germany is a travesty . However it Germnay's decision. I can give a rats ass at what pant suit she is wearing. Her makeup or what words she uses. Doesn't really affect my life.

Trump is a blow hard and everything else. However I don't give a crap about flowery words, appearance, etc because its superficial. Thomas Jefferson used to greet diplomats in his pajamas. Lyndon Johnson took shits when talking to people. Morales are overrated. John Kennedy was fucking anything with 2 legs and heartbeat while in the White House. So was Clinton. Johnson pulled out his dick in meetings. FDR was having affairs. Yet all of them have are considered successful. GW and Jimmy Carter both appear to be outstanding individuals They have done great things post presidency. They make peoples lives better. However both were shitty presidents.

17. The Following Member Likes This Post:

On Fire
    Last Online

We have had presidents with worse morals in our history. Never mind the rest of the world.
    Political parties all across the world, especially Europe, are copying his populist and outspoken style to come up with their own version of Trump. But in those countries this could spell disaster. But yes this is not relevant to the conversation right now.

People like me question his character to which his supporters say they dont give a fuck.

I get that. If we place the Senate and the House under his level of scrutiny we would see far worse level of moral depravity. So financial malpractice, sexual harassment and even racist behaviour is not going to shift his supporters.

For the past 20 years I have been sort of trapped by my work in Iran. And during that time I pretty much disliked every single politician in the system. But when Ahmadinejad came to power the level of shame we felt as having such a fucking piece of shit as the representative was astounding. I know many Americans feel the same about Trump.

Now Ahmadinejad did nothing but rob the country blind and plunge it into deep deep recession. so there was no saving grace.

On Fire
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    I may or may not like what the leaders of UK, Germany, etc are doing for their countries or what they say but I trust they are making the decisions for the betterment of their country. For example, I think what Merkel is doing to Germany is a travesty . However it Germnay's decision. I can give a rats ass at what pant suit she is wearing. Her makeup or what words she uses. Doesn't really affect my life.

Trump is a blow hard and everything else. However I don't give a crap about flowery words, appearance, etc because its superficial. Thomas Jefferson used to greet diplomats in his pajamas. Lyndon Johnson took shits when talking to people. Morales are overrated. John Kennedy was fucking anything with 2 legs and heartbeat while in the White House. So was Clinton. Johnson pulled out his dick in meetings. FDR was having affairs. Yet all of them have are considered successful. GW and Jimmy Carter both appear to be outstanding individuals They have done great things post presidency. They make peoples lives better. However both were shitty presidents.
    Johnson pulled out his dick?!!!!!
    Wtf.

On Fire
    Last Online

it was like choosing whether you’d rather have hepatitis c or HIV. Both were unpleasant.

We got hep C.

That analogy was hilarious.

And very effective in driving your point home btw.