Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

09.17.19 @ 01:56 PM
    Liked 1,087 Times in 685 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Apparently the place is already packed. I'm gonna leave work early to avoid the procession. It's only 2 o'clock here.
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

09.17.19 @ 06:13 PM
    Liked 18,016 Times in 10,236 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Wow, what a week for mainstream media. CNN and The NY Times should both be shut down.

NYT updates Kavanaugh 'bombshell' to note accuser doesn't recall alleged assault

Gregg Re5 hours ago

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nyt...or-impeachment

This was a coordinated effort to smear the man again.

Published 8 hours ago
    NYT reporters behind Kavanaugh story suggest key information was removed by editors

The New York Times reporters behind the controversial piece on Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh claimed Monday night that key details missing from the sexual misconduct allegation may have been removed from the original draft in the editing process.

Late Sunday, The New York Times walked back an explosive report about a resurfaced allegation of sexual assault by Kavanaugh from his college days. The piece by Robin Pogrebin and Kate Kelly was adapted from their forthcoming book, "The Education of Brett Kavanaugh: An Investigation," and alleged that there was corroboration of an incident in which Kavanaugh, as a college student at Yale, exposed himself to a female classmate at a party.

The paper was forced to issue an update that included the significant detail that several friends of the alleged victim said she did not recall the purported sexual assault. The newspaper also stated for the first time that the alleged victim refused to be interviewed, and has made no other comment about the episode.

Pogrebin and Kelly said in an interview that information was included in their original draft of the piece.

"In your draft of the article, did it include those words that have since been added to the article?" MSNBC host Lawrence O'Donnell asked.

"It did," both Pogrebin and Kelly responded.

"So somewhere in the editing process, those words were trimmed," O'Donnell said in clarification.

Pogrebin then explained that The Times doesn't usually include names of victims and that she believed that when the editors removed the name, the crucial information that she didn't remember was also removed.

"So I think it was just sort of an editing, you know, done in the haste in the editing process," Pogrebin added.

"Were you involved in the decision to amend this and do the correction- the addition online to the piece?" O'Donnell followed.

"We discussed it," Pogrebin said. "We felt like there was so much heat, there's so much- everyone has been has been seizing on various aspects of this that we certainly didn't want it to be an issue anymore and we certainly never intended to mislead in any way. We wanted to give as full of a story as possible."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/nyt-re...ved-by-editors
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

09.17.19 @ 01:56 PM
    Liked 1,087 Times in 685 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

TRUMP SLAMS LEFTIST ‘CANCEL CULTURE’ AT NEW MEXICO RALLY

“The left tries to threaten, bully, intimidate Americans into submission.”

https://www.infowars.com/trump-slams...-mexico-rally/
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

09.17.19 @ 07:07 PM
    Liked 4,418 Times in 1,955 Posts

Premium Member

Published 8 hours ago
    NYT reporters behind Kavanaugh story suggest key information was removed by editors

The New York Times reporters behind the controversial piece on Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh claimed Monday night that key details missing from the sexual misconduct allegation may have been removed from the original draft in the editing process.

Late Sunday, The New York Times walked back an explosive report about a resurfaced allegation of sexual assault by Kavanaugh from his college days. The piece by Robin Pogrebin and Kate Kelly was adapted from their forthcoming book, "The Education of Brett Kavanaugh: An Investigation," and alleged that there was corroboration of an incident in which Kavanaugh, as a college student at Yale, exposed himself to a female classmate at a party.

The paper was forced to issue an update that included the significant detail that several friends of the alleged victim said she did not recall the purported sexual assault. The newspaper also stated for the first time that the alleged victim refused to be interviewed, and has made no other comment about the episode.

Pogrebin and Kelly said in an interview that information was included in their original draft of the piece.

"In your draft of the article, did it include those words that have since been added to the article?" MSNBC host Lawrence O'Donnell asked.

"It did," both Pogrebin and Kelly responded.

"So somewhere in the editing process, those words were trimmed," O'Donnell said in clarification.

Pogrebin then explained that The Times doesn't usually include names of victims and that she believed that when the editors removed the name, the crucial information that she didn't remember was also removed.

"So I think it was just sort of an editing, you know, done in the haste in the editing process," Pogrebin added.

"Were you involved in the decision to amend this and do the correction- the addition online to the piece?" O'Donnell followed.

"We discussed it," Pogrebin said. "We felt like there was so much heat, there's so much- everyone has been has been seizing on various aspects of this that we certainly didn't want it to be an issue anymore and we certainly never intended to mislead in any way. We wanted to give as full of a story as possible."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/nyt-re...ved-by-editors

Left or right should be concerned that this occurs and such allegations were promoted to the level they were with zero support.
    The "new" allegation comes from a woman who has stated flat out she does not recall those events.
    Leyland Keyser (Blasey Ford's referenced witness and best friend at the time) gave the authors an interview stating she is absolutely certain she never has met Kavanaugh ever. She went on to say she found her friend's story not credible and unbelievable and listed many reasons why.

To this day no one has been able to show Blasey Ford and Kavanaugh EVER met. In fact all parties she references have said no memory of the two ever being together. I get a he said she said for a supreme court judge should indeed be a concern and explored. But as of now there is more support for these two people simply having never met each other. That is disturbing that this basic level seems to be ignored. This is not like 2 people who knew each other and were at a party and have different versions of what happened behind closed doors. There is more support that they are 2 total strangers. We should have higher standards and a he said she said should be taken seriously and concerning for a lifetime position. Problem is this does not even meet that minimum standard even just based on HER version and her references.

5. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

09.17.19 @ 07:07 PM
    Liked 4,418 Times in 1,955 Posts

Premium Member

double post

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

What a fucking clown show of a Congress. What were the Dems thinking with this farce?

Best moments
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

8. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

09.17.19 @ 06:20 PM
    Liked 3,845 Times in 2,346 Posts

Premium Member

Congress approval rating in June was 20%. Expect it to drop more. It has not gone above 30% in 10 years.

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

10. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

09.17.19 @ 08:35 PM
    Liked 13,663 Times in 7,414 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    Congress approval rating in June was 20%. Expect it to drop more. It has not gone above 30% in 10 years.

Lol even 20% is high. Seems like in recent years they've usually hovered around 10%.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Christine Blasey Ford’s friend now says she’s skeptical of Kavanaugh accusation

September 17, 2019

By Mark Moore and Kate Sheehy

A high-school pal of Brett Kavanaugh accuser Christine Blasey Ford says in a new book that she’s skeptical of Ford’s claim the Supreme Court justice sexually assaulted her at a party in the 1980s.

“I don’t have any confidence in the story,” Leland Keyser — who Ford has said was at the party where the alleged assault occurred — told two New York Times reporters in their book “The Education of Brett Kavanaugh: An Investigation.”

“Those facts together I don’t recollect, and it just didn’t make any sense,” Keyser insisted of Ford’s account, according to authors Robin Pogrebin and Kate Kelly.

Last year, Ford testified at Kavanaugh’s Senate confirmation that Keyser was at the Maryland house party in the summer of 1982 when Kavanaugh, then 17, attacked her. Ford was 15 at the time.

Ford told the Senate Judiciary Committee that Kavanaugh and his friend, Mark Judge, pushed her into a room and that Kavanaugh forced her onto a bed, tried to remove her bathing suit and attempted to rape her.

Keyser was downstairs when the alleged assault took place, Ford said.

But in the new book, released Tuesday, Keyser threw cold water on that scenario.

“It would be impossible for me to be the only girl at a get-together with three guys, have her leave and then not figure out how she’s getting home,” Keyser told the authors. “I just really didn’t have confidence in the story.”

At the time of the Senate hearing, Keyser’s lawyer, Howard Walsh, wrote an e-mail to the committee saying his client didn’t known Kavanaugh and didn’t recall being at the party with him.

But in a revised statement soon after, Walsh said Keyser “does not refute Dr. Ford’s account, and she has already told the press that she believes Dr. Ford’s account.”

Keyser was being pressured by Ford’s allies from high school to do more to help their friend — and things were getting dirty, according to the book.

In a group text, one woman wrote of Keyser, “Maybe one of you guys who are friends with her can have a heart to heart. I don’t care, frankly, how f–ked up her life is. A lot of us have f–ked up lives in one way or another.’’

Another texter, apparently referring to what the book called Keyser’s “addictive tendencies,’’ said, “Perhaps it makes sense to let everyone in the public know what her condition is. Just a thought.’’

The authors say Keyser told them, “I was told behind the scenes that certain things could be spread about me if I didn’t comply.’’

The troubling new details came as controversy continued to swirl over the tome — and an article that the authors wrote over the weekend for the Times drawing from their book.

The article, which came out before the book, revealed a new allegation of sexual misconduct against Kavanaugh at a booze-filled dorm party while he was at Yale University later in the ’80s.

Another guy at the party, Max Stier, has told people he saw Kavanaugh with his pants down and then the future justice’s pals push his penis into a woman’s hand, according to the book.

Neither Stier nor the woman would talk to the authors — and the article left out a crucial detail included in the book: that the alleged victim has told friends she doesn’t remember the incident happening.

It has since surfaced that Times editors deleted the key fact before the piece was published.

There also was the infamous “penis’’ tweet related to the book that was posted to a New York Times Twitter feed Sunday.

It started out by saying, “Having a penis thrust in your face at a drunken dorm party may seem like harmless fun,’’ prompting widespread outcry.

After two days, Pogrebin finally came clean and admitted she penned the tweet — but meant to signal the opposite of how it was interpreted, insisting there was nothing harmless about the incident.

President Trump said Tuesday that Kavanaugh “has been just really devastated by the hurt that’s been caused to him’’ by the allegations.

“It’s so unfair. He’s a good man,’’ the president said.

https://nypost.com/2019/09/17/christ...gh-accusation/

13. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

09.17.19 @ 06:20 PM
    Liked 3,845 Times in 2,346 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by JUNGLE DRUMMER View Post
    Lol even 20% is high. Seems like in recent years they've usually hovered around 10%.
    Well that came from a CNN article I pulled.
    Many ways to polish a turd .
    Last edited by edwardv; 09.17.19 at 06:20 PM.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

15. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

09.17.19 @ 08:26 PM
    Liked 84 Times in 54 Posts

What a fucking clown show of a Congress. What were the Dems thinking with this farce?

Best moments
    Dear God, please make it stop!!! This shit, along with the Kavanaugh BS stories has made it all but impossible to listen to the other side. It's literally been a three year temper tantrum. Keep it up and put Warren up as your nominee and watch Trump win in a landslide.
    Pain or damage don’t end the world, or despair, or fuckin’ beatings. The world ends when you’re dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man — and give some back.
    -Al Swearengen

17. The Following Member Likes This Post: