Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1334 of 1369 FirstFirst ... 33483412341284132413311332133313341335133613371344 ... LastLast
Results 19,996 to 20,010 of 20523
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

05.27.17 @ 05:27 PM
    Liked 9,390 Times in 5,094 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by we die young View Post
    Will people PLEASE stop using Hitler, and Trump in the same sentence? Same goes for the casual use of "Nazi".
    There is no comparison on even the most cellular level.
    Trump may be a narcissistic asshole with a fragile ego, and little self control but lets get real here.
    It's a completely misguided, and ignorant mind that would label Trump, Obama, and back in the day W. or Bush senior with that moniker of comparison.

Hitler regime: Responsible for the genocide of millions of innocent human beings, and piled upon each other like sandbags.

Trump admin.:Responsible for shocking the unaccepting Dems. their supporters and media by pulling off an electoral college win, potentially colluding with a foreign power to sway an election (yet to be proven.), and being under investigation for unpresidential like behavior.
    Responsible for irresponsible endless tweets, and endless miscues, and CYOA tactics by an extremely inexperienced administration.
    Despite all the flaws of this dumpster fire of an administration....Still and will never be on par with the conduct of a genocidal monster such as Hitler and his cult of death and world domination.

You gave SwissMiss wood with those pictures.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Last Online

05.27.17 @ 02:21 PM
    Liked 5,177 Times in 2,687 Posts

Premium Member

President Donald J. Trump Proclaims May 15, 2017, as Peace Officers Memorial Day and May 14 through May 20, 2017, as Police Week

PEACE OFFICERS MEMORIAL DAY AND POLICE WEEK, 2017

- - - - - - -

BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

A PROCLAMATION

During Peace Officers Memorial Day and Police Week, we honor the men and women of law enforcement who have been killed or disabled in the course of serving our communities. Police officers are the thin blue line whose sacrifices protect and serve us every day, and we pledge to support them as they risk their lives to safeguard ours.

Last year, 118 officers died in the line of duty, and of those, 66 were victims of malicious attacks. These attacks increased by nearly 40 percent from 2015. This must end. That is why one of my first actions was to direct the Department of Justice to develop a strategy to better prevent and prosecute crimes of violence against our Federal, State, tribal, and local law enforcement officers.

In addition, my Administration will continue to further the efforts of the Department of Justice to improve the lives of law enforcement officers and their families. This includes supporting the Officer Safety and Wellness Group, which improves officer safety on the job, and accelerating the processing of benefits through the Public Safety Officers' Benefits Program, which provides vital resources to the families of fallen officers.

Our liberties depend on the rule of law, and that means supporting the incredible men and women of law enforcement. By a joint resolution approved October 1, 1962, as amended (76 Stat. 676), and by Public Law 103-322, as amended (36 U.S.C. 136 and 137), the President has been authorized and requested to designate May 15 of each year as "Peace Officers Memorial Day" and the week in which it falls as "Police Week."

NOW, THEREFORE, I, DONALD J. TRUMP, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim May 15, 2017, as Peace Officers Memorial Day and May 14 through May 20, 2017, as Police Week. In humble appreciation of our hard-working law enforcement officers, Melania and I will light the White House in blue on May 15. I call upon all Americans to observe Peace Officers Memorial Day and Police Week with appropriate ceremonies and activities. I also call on the Governors of the States and Territories and officials of other areas subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, to direct that the flag be flown at half-staff on Peace Officers Memorial Day. I further encourage all Americans to display the flag at half-staff from their homes and businesses on that day.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this fifteenth day of May, in the year of our Lord two thousand seventeen, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and forty-first.

DONALD J. TRUMP

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...icers-memorial

3. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some!!
    Last Online

05.25.17 @ 10:38 AM
    Liked 485 Times in 282 Posts

President Trump told Russian officials in the Oval Office this month that firing the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, had relieved “great pressure” on him, according to a document summarizing the meeting.

“I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job,” Mr. Trump said, according to the document, which was read to The New York Times by an American official. “I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off.”

Mr. Trump added, “I’m not under investigation.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/19/u...=top-news&_r=0

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

05.27.17 @ 05:27 PM
    Liked 9,390 Times in 5,094 Posts

Premium Member

The man told him he wasn't under investigation. Why wouldn't he feel that the pressure was off?

"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Depends on the Day of the Week
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, D.O.A., TYWH
    Last Online

05.27.17 @ 06:47 AM
    Liked 980 Times in 590 Posts

Premium Member

President Trump will be the Hercules to the Media Hydra:

He will defeat the Media Hydra with his club and fire.

The Hydra has poisonous breath and blood so virulent that even its scent is deadly.

The 7 heads of the Media Hydra:

1. CNN
    2. ABC NEWS
    3. NBC NEWS
    4. CBS NEWS
    5. MSNBC
    6. NY TIMES
    7. WASHINGTON POST
    Last edited by The Rover; 05.19.17 at 11:40 AM.

~~8 U.S.C. § 1182(f)~~

7. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

05.26.17 @ 02:17 PM
    Liked 1,157 Times in 688 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Glad I made his day.

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some!!
    Last Online

05.25.17 @ 10:38 AM
    Liked 485 Times in 282 Posts

The man told him he wasn't under investigation. Why wouldn't he feel that the pressure was off?

If he had nothing to hide, he should feel no pressure in the first place.

You tell me I'm being investigated for breaking the law. I know with certainty I did nothing wrong. Go ahead, knock yourself out. I'm only going to get 8 hours of sleep tonight.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

05.27.17 @ 09:09 AM
    Liked 15,198 Times in 7,447 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by TJENZ View Post

You tell me I'm being investigated for breaking the law. I know with certainty I did nothing wrong. Go ahead, knock yourself out. I'm only going to get 8 hours of sleep tonight.
    If the FBI is investigating you, you are shitting bullets even if you are completely innocent.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

05.27.17 @ 07:10 PM
    Liked 5,266 Times in 2,966 Posts

that's a terrible comparison. Trump's campaign was not one individual. There were hundreds of people involved and anything that any of them did would reflect back on him. So no you, nor anyone else in that situation, would not say "go ahead, knock yourself out" because if they search enough they'll find dirt in any political campaign.

12. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

05.26.17 @ 10:38 AM
    Liked 1,655 Times in 828 Posts

I hear what you're saying, but that's the same rationale the government uses to surveil citizens without a warrant. "Well, if you have nothing to hide..."

It still doesn't make it right.

McCarthy was just "investigating" in the 50's, but we take a much different view of that nowadays. There's a clear difference between investigations because there's reasonable suspicion that a crime took place VS having an investigation because half the country doesn't accept the outcome of the election. I happen to feel (along with many others), that this is the latter, not the former.

The Clinton campaign came up with the narrative after the election and started spreading it as a talking point according to the book that just came out. It wasn't until Hillary lost that this became a major "issue." That isn't a coincidence.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

14. The Following Member Likes This Post:

On Fire
    Last Online

05.27.17 @ 06:28 PM
    Liked 63 Times in 49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post
    I hear what you're saying, but that's the same rationale the government uses to surveil citizens without a warrant. "Well, if you have nothing to hide..."

It still doesn't make it right.

McCarthy was just "investigating" in the 50's, but we take a much different view of that nowadays. There's a clear difference between investigations because there's reasonable suspicion that a crime took place VS having an investigation because half the country doesn't accept the outcome of the election. I happen to feel (along with many others), that this is the latter, not the former.

The Clinton campaign came up with the narrative after the election and started spreading it as a talking point according to the book that just came out. It wasn't until Hillary lost that this became a major "issue." That isn't a coincidence.
    That's not what the book said, you're just parroting what Fox News talking heads stated, without having actually understood the book. The book does not state that "Hillary's campaign invented the Russian narrative." Besides, did she invent the numerous contacts that Michael Flynn, Jeff Sessions, Carter Page and Paul Manafort have had Russian officials? Did she invent Trump having words of praise for Putin's leadership and not calling him out as an autocrat?

The Russia story was out there for some time. There was an article that first talked about it prior to the election in late October 2016. Yes, it appeared in Mother Jones, but we know that Christopher Steele gave the scoop to them because he was dissatisfied with the FBI's handling of the Trump Russian connections. No one in the mainstream media focused on that during the final week of the campaign, instead it was "emails emails emails."

Also, Comey never told Trump that he was not under investigation. Not a single time. FBI sources have pointed out that Trump did try to pull Comey's arm to say so, but he never did. The line in the message was just Trump transparently meddling to control the narrative.

On Fire
    Last Online

05.27.17 @ 06:28 PM
    Liked 63 Times in 49 Posts

We're not saying that Trump IS like Hitler, it's that he's showing plenty of tendencies in common with Hitler. The main difference is that for a budding dictator, Trump is hopelessly incompetent, and he's incapable of any coherent thought process. In addition, he's also incredibly lazy, and has no real work ethic. This facts alone are making him quite different. But make no mistake, Trump wants control in the same way a fascist government does. We're just lucky that it didn't turn out worse, and that's because enough people, in and out of government are resisting, resisting early, and resisting consistently.

17. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

05.27.17 @ 07:10 PM
    Liked 5,266 Times in 2,966 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic34 View Post
    We're not saying that Trump IS like Hitler, it's that he's showing plenty of tendencies in common with Hitler. The main difference is that for a budding dictator, Trump is hopelessly incompetent, and he's incapable of any coherent thought process. In addition, he's also incredibly lazy, and has no real work ethic. This facts alone are making him quite different. But make no mistake, Trump wants control in the same way a fascist government does. We're just lucky that it didn't turn out worse, and that's because enough people, in and out of government are resisting, resisting early, and resisting consistently.
    You're fucking insane.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

19. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Last Online

05.27.17 @ 02:21 PM
    Liked 5,177 Times in 2,687 Posts

Premium Member

Last edited by Number 47; 05.19.17 at 03:29 PM.

Last Online

05.27.17 @ 03:42 PM
    Liked 1,021 Times in 705 Posts

Premium Member

Did he really even have the ambition to win when he first decided to run? Some that seem to know him pretty well have said no. Including Howard Stern and someone that worked for his campaign. Some guys who are businessman who have the kind of wealth that Trump has tend to grow accustomed to control. Most of them probably are not as expressive with it as Trump, but when you've been able to get rid of problems with money your whole life that is what you get used to.

The comparison's to Hitler are just stupid. This is the same thing the left does with racism and sexism. They make the charge so much that the words start to lose their punch and it becomes counterproductive.
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw