Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

04.24.19 @ 12:38 PM
    Liked 15,073 Times in 7,925 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    Honest to God, dude, I meant the FBI thing as a gentle rib just to keep things light. I get your suggestion, I just don't understand the complete dismissal of what I have to say when it comes to law enforcement. It's well-read and researched, including primary (yet, admittedly, anecdotal) sources, my buddy who is a cop. I even agree that there is no reason for me to think the FBI isn't up to a lot of no good.

That's what Barr said at the press conference in response to a question. I even put that in my response. But it directly contradicts what is in the Mueller Report. So either Mueller is lying in the report or Barr is misrepresenting what happened.
    I thought it was funny...
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

2. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

04.24.19 @ 01:03 PM
    Liked 4,263 Times in 2,568 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    One other possibility, that Mueller put one thing in his report, but personally believes another, and that is what he conveyed to Barr privately. I highly doubt it, but it's possible.
    Either way, it doesn't matter a whole lot. It's the DoJ's position, and I think it is the correct one, that a sitting President can't be indicted. So whether Mueller said he thought a crime was committed would be no different than what we have now except for the fact that Trump would not be able to respond in a court of law, as is everyone else's right but his, at this moment, when accused of a crime. That just seems to be the most logical explanation based upon what is in the report.

And if Mueller decided, as he did with collusion, that no crime was committed, it doesn't matter either, since POTUS can't be indicted. I'll quote Lindsey Graham, from the floor of the Senate, in 1998. "You don’t even have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job (as President of the United States) in this constitutional republic if this body (Congress) determines that your conduct as a public official is clearly out of bounds in your role. Because impeachment is not about punishment. Impeachment is about cleansing the office. Impeachment is about restoring honor and integrity to the office." (https://twitter.com/funder/status/1111625521346084864)

In other words, Mueller's decisions or lack thereof do not matter. What matters is what the House decides to do. Maybe they decide to draw articles of impeachment. Maybe they decide to move on. Perhaps either is a grave mistake. We can only wait and see.
    Last edited by lovemachine97(Version 2); 04.24.19 at 12:48 PM.