Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 3306 of 3347 FirstFirst ... 2306280632063256329633033304330533063307330833093316 ... LastLast
Results 49,576 to 49,590 of 50199
  1. #49576
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    01.10.12
    Posts
    28,270
    Favorite VH Album

    The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

    12.07.19 @ 12:19 PM
    Likes
    21,177
    Liked 18,957 Times in 10,845 Posts

    Default

     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

    "But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

    "Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

    'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

    "I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

    "My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

    "But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

  2. #49577
    Forum Frontman fudd's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.22.08
    Age
    40
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    16,680
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

    @
    Likes
    1,465
    Liked 8,083 Times in 4,071 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    I believe in a woman's right to choose vaginal or anal...does that count?
    Of course. It’s good to have options.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #49578
    Atomic Punk ziggysmalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.24.03
    Location
    Cleveland, Oh
    Posts
    15,115
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

    12.07.19 @ 06:10 AM
    Likes
    3,957
    Liked 6,704 Times in 3,486 Posts

    Default

    is the right to spit or swallow a constitutional one?

  4. #49579
    Sinner's Swing! BlindtotheWorld's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.18.09
    Age
    46
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    3,043
    Favorite VH Album

    OU812
    Favorite VH Song

    Romeo Delight/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

    12.06.19 @ 12:26 PM
    Likes
    2,100
    Liked 1,896 Times in 1,009 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Watched a few clips of Vindman testimony. Evidently the guy had been offered the position of Minister of Defense of Ukraine a few times by the Ukrainian government. Look, the guy was born in the Ukraine, his parents are obviously Ukrainian, I would imagine that not all of the extended family emigrated and are still in the old country. He presumably speaks fluent Ukrainian and gets a bit of a dream job by being assigned a senior role in Ukraine and helping them right the ship. Now you have this brash guy is in charge with whom he presumably doesn’t care for politically turning the screws on his birth place (whether true or not, the Dems are perceived as tight with the Ukrainians and Trump is Putin’s butt buddy).

    I'm not saying Vindman is corrupt in any way but you can clearly see a motive here in defending the Ukraine at the expense of Trump's foreign policy negotiations. Also, people should realize that LTC is not a particularly senior rank in the sense that most officers that don't voluntarily resign their commission reach that rank by retirement.
    "Problem is Van Halen doesn't miss you. Or me. Or any of us." - Little Dreamer

    "So, Dave's in the same boat as the rest of planet Earth. He's no longer in a band that doesn't even exist." - I Coulda Hada VH

  5. #49580
    Forum Frontman fudd's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.22.08
    Age
    40
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    16,680
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

    @
    Likes
    1,465
    Liked 8,083 Times in 4,071 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    is the right to spit or swallow a constitutional one?
    That’s what America was founded on. Ask Thomas Jefferson. He spilled his seed more than Gary Busey on a bender.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  7. #49581
    Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.05.12
    Age
    44
    Location
    6300 feet above sea level
    Posts
    17,452
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm The One
    Last Online

    12.07.19 @ 11:35 AM
    Likes
    27,456
    Liked 17,221 Times in 9,093 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Venkman has been an embarrassment.

    https://twitter.com/seanmdav/status/...t-doubleheader

    Some "expert."

    It would also appear that he has a bit of a lying problem...

    https://thefederalist.com/2019/11/19...whistleblower/

    “We need to protect the whistle-blower. Please stop. I want to make sure that there is no effort to out the whistle-blower through these proceedings,” Schiff interjected. “If the witness has a good faith belief that this may reveal the identity of the whistle-blower, that is not the purpose that we’re here for. I want to advise the witness accordingly.”
    Vindman testified under oath in a private deposition last month that he was unaware of who the whistleblower was. On Tuesday, Nunes pressed Vindman on how it is possible that he might out the whistleblower if he does not know the identity of the whistleblower.
    “Per the advice of my counsel and the instructions from the chairman, I’ve been advised not to provide any specifics on who I have spoken to with inside the intelligence community,” Vindman said before being cut off by his own lawyer."


    Can you say "Court Marshal?"
    Last edited by Get The Show On The Road; 11.19.19 at 10:42 AM.
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

  8. #49582
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    06.05.03
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    17,978
    Last Online

    12.07.19 @ 01:35 PM
    Likes
    1,387
    Liked 4,644 Times in 2,810 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlindtotheWorld View Post
    Watched a few clips of Vindman testimony. Evidently the guy had been offered the position of Minister of Defense of Ukraine a few times by the Ukrainian government. Look, the guy was born in the Ukraine, his parents are obviously Ukrainian, I would imagine that not all of the extended family emigrated and are still in the old country. He presumably speaks fluent Ukrainian and gets a bit of a dream job by being assigned a senior role in Ukraine and helping them right the ship. Now you have this brash guy is in charge with whom he presumably doesn’t care for politically turning the screws on his birth place (whether true or not, the Dems are perceived as tight with the Ukrainians and Trump is Putin’s butt buddy).

    I'm not saying Vindman is corrupt in any way but you can clearly see a motive here in defending the Ukraine at the expense of Trump's foreign policy negotiations. Also, people should realize that LTC is not a particularly senior rank in the sense that most officers that don't voluntarily resign their commission reach that rank by retirement.
    But then we have to believe that Trump keeps appointing people who hate him and are working against him. The list of “never Trumpers” appointed by POTUS who are in senior positions working against him is starting to get longer than supporters should like.

    There’s a certain amount of “self-owning” going on because if we are to believe all these people in important positions that Trump appointed are never Trumpers intent on destroying him for partisan reasons…then what are we to think about the judgement of the person that keeps appointing them?

    Subtle self-own is also true of the questioning today. In trying to catch Vindman in a trap over who he told what and when, they actually got him on record saying that counsel for the National Security Council told Vindman to shut the hell up about the call even though it was his job to talk to other officials about it.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:


  10. #49583
    Sinner's Swing! BlindtotheWorld's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.18.09
    Age
    46
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    3,043
    Favorite VH Album

    OU812
    Favorite VH Song

    Romeo Delight/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

    12.06.19 @ 12:26 PM
    Likes
    2,100
    Liked 1,896 Times in 1,009 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    But then we have to believe that Trump keeps appointing people who hate him and are working against him. The list of “never Trumpers” appointed by POTUS who are in senior positions working against him is starting to get longer than supporters should like.

    There’s a certain amount of “self-owning” going on because if we are to believe all these people in important positions that Trump appointed are never Trumpers intent on destroying him for partisan reasons…then what are we to think about the judgement of the person that keeps appointing them?

    Subtle self-own is also true of the questioning today. In trying to catch Vindman in a trap over who he told what and when, they actually got him on record saying that counsel for the National Security Council told Vindman to shut the hell up about the call even though it was his job to talk to other officials about it.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We was likely commissioned in 2001 and spent his junior officer time in the infantry. He became a foreign area officer in 2008 as the Obama era was ushered in. There was no reason not to have Vindman appointed to the security council based on his expertise in Ukraine/Russia. I'm not saying that he even did anything wrong but I think his job is probably not as a critic of the presidents diplomacy - he's being enabled by the Presidents political enemies. Is that appropriate? In the end, no one should give two shits what a middling staff officer thinks the President should and shouldn't say. Congress has the transcript of the call. We don;t need Vindmans's self righteous testimony. His own superior thought he was not trust worthy, was a possible leaker, and showed poor judgement.
    "Problem is Van Halen doesn't miss you. Or me. Or any of us." - Little Dreamer

    "So, Dave's in the same boat as the rest of planet Earth. He's no longer in a band that doesn't even exist." - I Coulda Hada VH

  11. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  12. #49584
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    01.10.12
    Posts
    28,270
    Favorite VH Album

    The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

    12.07.19 @ 12:19 PM
    Likes
    21,177
    Liked 18,957 Times in 10,845 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlindtotheWorld View Post
    We was likely commissioned in 2001 and spent his junior officer time in the infantry. He became a foreign area officer in 2008 as the Obama era was ushered in. There was no reason not to have Vindman appointed to the security council based on his expertise in Ukraine/Russia. I'm not saying that he even did anything wrong but I think his job is probably not as a critic of the presidents diplomacy - he's being enabled by the Presidents political enemies. Is that appropriate? In the end, no one should give two shits what a middling staff officer thinks the President should and shouldn't say. Congress has the transcript of the call. We don;t need Vindmans's self righteous testimony. His own superior thought he was not trust worthy, was a possible leaker, and showed poor judgement.
    This.

    With the massive bureaucracy that we have in place how is it possible that anyone thinks the president hires every single person in it? This is why we have people serving 40 years in the State Department making sure our policy is forever jacked.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

    "But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

    "Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

    'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

    "I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

    "My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

    "But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

  13. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:


  14. #49585
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    06.05.03
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    17,978
    Last Online

    12.07.19 @ 01:35 PM
    Likes
    1,387
    Liked 4,644 Times in 2,810 Posts

    Default THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY

    Quote Originally Posted by BlindtotheWorld View Post
    We was likely commissioned in 2001 and spent his junior officer time in the infantry. He became a foreign area officer in 2008 as the Obama era was ushered in. There was no reason not to have Vindman appointed to the security council based on his expertise in Ukraine/Russia. I'm not saying that he even did anything wrong but I think his job is probably not as a critic of the presidents diplomacy - he's being enabled by the Presidents political enemies. Is that appropriate? In the end, no one should give two shits what a middling staff officer thinks the President should and shouldn't say. Congress has the transcript of the call. We don;t need Vindmans's self righteous testimony. His own superior thought he was not trust worthy, was a possible leaker, and showed poor judgement.
    But not quite. Morrison said he had no reason to think he’d leak. He was asked if others expressed a concern and said yes.

    Morrison hadn’t been his boss for very long at that point and we will hear what he has to say soon.

    Vindman’s former boss, Hill, said, “Alex is a top one-percent military officer and the best army officer I have worked with in my 14 years of government service. He is brilliant, unflappable, and exercises excellent judgement.”

    How is he being enabled? He voiced his concern over what happened and the White House told him to shut up about it even though it was his job to discuss the call with other officials.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by lovemachine97(Version 2); 11.19.19 at 11:51 AM.

  15. #49586
    Sinner's Swing! BlindtotheWorld's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.18.09
    Age
    46
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    3,043
    Favorite VH Album

    OU812
    Favorite VH Song

    Romeo Delight/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

    12.06.19 @ 12:26 PM
    Likes
    2,100
    Liked 1,896 Times in 1,009 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    But not quite. Morrison said he had no reason to think he’d leak. He was asked if others expressed a concern and said yes.

    Morrison hadn’t been his boss for very long at that point and we will hear what he has to say soon.

    Vindman’s former boss, Hill, said, “Alex is a top one-percent military officer and the best army officer I have worked with in my 14 years of government service. He is brilliant, unflappable, and exercises excellent judgement.”

    How is he being enabled? He voiced his concern over what happened and the White House told him to shut up about it even though it was his job to discuss the call with other officials.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Clearly there are mixed reviews on this guy.

    But the point to be made here is that we need to stop assuming that people (especially military) are beyond reproach based on the position they hold or are not political in exercising their perceived duties. (This paragraph isn't necessarily directed at you Love)
    "Problem is Van Halen doesn't miss you. Or me. Or any of us." - Little Dreamer

    "So, Dave's in the same boat as the rest of planet Earth. He's no longer in a band that doesn't even exist." - I Coulda Hada VH

  16. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  17. #49587
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    06.05.03
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    17,978
    Last Online

    12.07.19 @ 01:35 PM
    Likes
    1,387
    Liked 4,644 Times in 2,810 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlindtotheWorld View Post
    Clearly there are mixed reviews on this guy.

    But the point to be made here is that we need to stop assuming that people (especially military) are beyond reproach based on the position they hold or are not political in exercising their perceived duties. (This paragraph isn't necessarily directed at you Love)
    Sure, but I’m unclear what that is, here. He heard something concerning and said something.

    A lot of people have concerns about what went on.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #49588
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    06.05.03
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    17,978
    Last Online

    12.07.19 @ 01:35 PM
    Likes
    1,387
    Liked 4,644 Times in 2,810 Posts

    Default THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY

    Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    This.

    With the massive bureaucracy that we have in place how is it possible that anyone thinks the president hires every single person in it? This is why we have people serving 40 years in the State Department making sure our policy is forever jacked.
    True, but not my point. I’m talking in simple terms, of course. But the number of people under the executive branch that have acquired their jobs during this administration that the administration has said were treasonous or working against him is reaching a number where we should be concerned that the administration is failing at a key function.

    Or they aren’t actually treasonous never Trumpers.

    I’m betting on the latter.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  19. #49589
    Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.05.12
    Age
    44
    Location
    6300 feet above sea level
    Posts
    17,452
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm The One
    Last Online

    12.07.19 @ 11:35 AM
    Likes
    27,456
    Liked 17,221 Times in 9,093 Posts


    Premium Member
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

  20. #49590
    Atomic Punk Dave's Dreidel's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.10.05
    Age
    49
    Location
    P.F. Chang, South Korea
    Posts
    48,074
    Favorite VH Album

    Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

    The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

    12.07.19 @ 12:59 PM
    Likes
    5,483
    Liked 26,891 Times in 13,567 Posts

    Default

    The basic premise boils down to this: do you believe the POTUS has the right to say and do whatever he wants, and investigate whomever he wants.

    For me, the answer is a resounding no, and Trump abused his office in regards to Turkey investigating Biden. That being said, I honestly don't think Trump INTENDED to abuse the power of his office, he just keeps doing things like he is still the CEO of Trump, leaning on suppliers, contractors, etc. He doesn't think before he acts, and he is all impulse. Tillerson felt his job had become telling Trump "no sir, you can't do that."

    It's how he operates, and he either isn't smart enough, or simply has no inclination to change his behavior to fit his new role.

    I don't think what he did was an impeachable offense. Wrong, yes. Kicked out of office? No.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

    Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

    David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

    A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

    Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. President Bush And Vice President Dick Cheney To Be Arrested Upon Visiting Vermont
    By chefcraig in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03.06.08, 03:39 PM
  2. Donald Fagen
    By VanHagar4Life in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05.01.06, 07:49 AM
  3. Donald Trump fires Chewbacca!
    By Wolfie3 in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11.10.05, 07:13 AM
  4. Who runs this??Ray Daniels??
    By littleguitars in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10.06.01, 10:54 AM
  5. Australia mourns - Sir Donald Bradman dies, aged 92
    By Goo in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02.25.01, 10:51 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •