Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 3033 of 3346 FirstFirst ... 203325332933298330233030303130323033303430353036304330833133 ... LastLast
Results 45,481 to 45,495 of 50182
    Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

12.05.19 @ 02:25 PM
    Liked 470 Times in 315 Posts

He's now condemned those who were chanting it..I guess that's something
    Dealing with it.

Last Online

12.05.19 @ 11:05 PM
    Liked 11,228 Times in 6,207 Posts

Premium Member

Trump seeks to disavow ‘send her back’ chant at his rally

WASHINGTON —

The morning after chants of “Send her back” rang across one of his campaign rallies, President Trump sought to disavow it, insisting that he “was not happy with it.”

Trump made no effort to stop the chants during his rally in North Carolina on Wednesday night. Instead, he paused during the shouting and looked on for several seconds, appearing to show approval. The crowd broke into the chants of “Send her back” as Trump began cataloging grievances against Democratic Rep. Ilhan Omar of Minnesota.

“I was not happy with it — I disagree with it,” Trump told reporters during a photo session in the Oval Office on Thursday morning.

His disavowal of the chants came after a growing number of Republican congressional leaders criticized it but sought to put distance between the president and the racist chants.

“Those chants have no place in our party or our country,”House Republican leader Kevin McCarthy of Bakersfield told reporters.

Later, at a news conference, McCarthy avoided repeating his criticism and defended Trump, saying that “the president did not join in” the chanting. “The president moved on.”

Pressed on whether Trump should have admonished the crowd to stop, McCarthy said the question was unfair.

“You want to dislike the president so much, you want to try to hold him accountable for something in a big audience,” he said. “I think that’s an unfair position.”

The head of the Republican congressional campaign committee, Rep. Tom Emmer of Minnesota, was among GOP leaders who criticized the chant.

“There’s no place for that kind of talk,” he said at a breakfast for reporters sponsored by the Christian Science Monitor.

The shouts at the rally carried obvious echoes of Trump’s favorite 2016 chant, “Lock her up,” which broke its own norms by calling for the incarceration of his political opponent, Hillary Clinton. That chant became a hallmark of Trump rallies even long after he had defeated Clinton.

Omar is one of four women of color in the so-called “squad” of progressive members of Congress whom Trump attacked earlier this week, suggesting that they should “go back” to “the crime infested places from which they came.” The others are Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.), Ayanna Pressley (D-Mass.) and Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.).

All four are American. Three were born in the United States; Omar was born in Somalia.

The racist tweet prompted the House to pass a resolution of condemnation on Tuesday, mostly along party lines. Four Republicans and an independent joined the chamber’s Democrats in condemning Trump’s words. The president has only reiterated his attacks, and his comments at Wednesday’s rally confirmed expectations that he plans to use the clash with the women to drive a hard racial wedge as he campaigns for reelection in 2020.

Trump is likely to use the highly partisan crowd’s chant as validation for his claim that “many people agree with me.”

Trump criticized each of the women by name and gave lengthy descriptions of what he said were anti-Semitic and anti-American sentiments. He also mocked Ocasio-Cortez for using two names, a common practice among Latinas, insisting he would only refer to her as “Cortez.”

“They said, ‘That’s not her name, sir,” Trump told the crowd. “I said, ‘No, no, I don’t have time to go with three different names.’ We’ll call her ‘Cortez.’”

Liberals are “always telling us how to run” the country, he said. “If they don’t love it, tell them to leave it.”

https://www.latimes.com/politics/sto...-send-her-back

I vote for chanting "MANHOLE!" at the next rally.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.05.19 @ 07:17 PM
    Liked 18,947 Times in 10,839 Posts

Real quick.

Ilhan Omar is not “as American as you or me”. That’s just straight up bullshit. The woman shits on this nation and Israel (she’s an anti Semite) every chance she gets. “Love it or leave it” is as old as the hills and now because it’s Trump, it’s racist.

Yeah, roll that up sideways and shove it.

The chant was obviously meant as “Leave the country if you hate it so much , you ingrateful jackass.”

I have family members that are not from this country. They also say “Get the hell out if you hate it”.

I put my life on the line for my country, and I knew one of the guys involved in “Black Hawk Down”. You know, the incident she also took a dump on.

She can go fuck herself all the way to hell. And no, she does not love this country more than a natural born American. She said that too

Again, SHE CAN GO FUCK HERSELF.
    †"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesnít really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

4. The Following 5 Members Like This Post:

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

12.05.19 @ 02:25 PM
    Liked 470 Times in 315 Posts

I think some of you guys will get a different perspective on life when you get older..I know I have..
    I used to fight these pointless political wars back during Bush/gore, it goes nowhere
    Dealing with it.

Favorite VH Album

II & WACF
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL & Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

12.05.19 @ 02:45 PM
    Liked 12,596 Times in 6,901 Posts

Trump is smart to disavow it.

You can dissect it from any angle you want & say, well, how do we know
    the crowd didn't mean it this way & not that way?

The general consensus is that it was xenophobic, and that is fuel to the fire
    in an extremely divided country.

Just my opinion as a spectator.
    Graver, Walking Ed, refugee from CVH & proud tone chaser...

Favorite VH Album

WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

12.05.19 @ 07:05 PM
    Liked 14,175 Times in 7,712 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post
    Why do you assume its because of her gender and skin tone as opposed to her ideas and rhetoric?

Because if it was some white male from Germany saying the same things I'd say "send him back' too.
    I know. This idea that we're racist because we dont have any respect for Omar as a human being is just playing into leftist narrative, which is bullshit. She would like to see Israel obliterated, and I think she is evil to her core. Fuck her. Sorry if that offends some on here, but I really dont care.

8. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Real quick.

Ilhan Omar is not “as American as you or me”. That’s just straight up bullshit. The woman shits on this nation and Israel (she’s an anti Semite) every chance she gets. “Love it or leave it” is as old as the hills and now because it’s Trump, it’s racist.

Yeah, roll that up sideways and shove it.

The chant was obviously meant as “Leave the country if you hate it so much , you ingrateful jackass.”

I have family members that are not from this country. They also say “Get the hell out if you hate it”.

I put my life on the line for my country, and I knew one of the guys involved in “Black Hawk Down”. You know, the incident she also took a dump on.

She can go fuck herself all the way to hell. And no, she does not love this country more than a natural born American. She said that too

Again, SHE CAN GO FUCK HERSELF.
    Yeah, the excuses being made on here for that bitch are ridiculous. SMFH.

Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by japeape View Post

Trump would be wise to learn something here. Use it to his advantage. Control the crowd a bit more after he incites it... maybe.

Turn all the sound bites to your favor.
    Last edited by Number 47; 07.18.19 at 05:03 PM.

Last Online

Premium Member

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.05.19 @ 10:01 PM
    Liked 11,914 Times in 6,681 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    Trump would be wise to learn something here. Use it to his advantage. Control the crowd a bit more after he incites it... maybe.

Turn all the sound bites to your favor.
    Most wouldn't give him credit for it, but you're correct

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by JUNGLE DRUMMER View Post
    She's evil in an old Earth kind of way. The other three are just fodder.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.05.19 @ 10:01 PM
    Liked 11,914 Times in 6,681 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JUNGLE DRUMMER View Post
    Who is making excuses for her?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by japeape View Post

It is a smart political move for sure. He's destroying this "squad" politically the last few days, regardless of what or how the media is reporting it.

I'm sure behind closed doors, he has as much contempt for her as I or Brook or Show, or anyone who loves this country SHOULD.

16. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.05.19 @ 07:17 PM
    Liked 18,947 Times in 10,839 Posts

Fuck them

†"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesnít really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

18. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Fuck them

I think everyone of them has evil souls. If they even have souls. And I couldnt care less about the color of their skin. I think Hillary is an evil person as well. I guess that makes me racist against my own color.

20. The Following 2 Members Like This Post: