Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 2847 of 2957 FirstFirst ... 184723472747279728372844284528462847284828492850285728972947 ... LastLast
Results 42,691 to 42,705 of 44349
    Favorite VH Album

WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

04.23.19 @ 01:12 AM
    Liked 12,501 Times in 6,770 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post
    They're recruiting people here and paying for their tuition for people to go into construction because there's such a shortage of labor.

I've considered it but my son is only in half day Kindergarten so getting a job really isnt in the cards for me right now.

However, I'm keeping an eye on it and will be recommending to my boys to go that route instead of going to one of these left wing indoctrination centers masquerading as a college if the situation continues.

Guaranteed employment, good wages, and no student loan debt. You're a fool if you pass that up to get one of these worthless degrees these assholes peddle.
    Ya know, college isnt for everyone, and their is a shortage of SKILLED workers in all the trades. A trade school isnt a bad option for kids who dont want to go the leftist SJW brainwashing route. There is always going to be a need for the trades, and contrary to what is often said, it's notall low skill low paying jobs that only Mexicans are willing to do. Our society would collapse if everyone thought they only want to sit at a computer all day and work.

Up here, with the construction boom, it's also as easy to join the laborers or carpenters unions as just walking into any union hall and signing up. Being a journeyman carpenter who has worked jobs as a lead, a foreman, assistant superintendent, and superintendent has certainly benefitted me and my family. My first construction job was as a laborer making $8/hr. And, lo and behold, I'm WHITE!

2. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

04.23.19 @ 09:31 AM
    Liked 16,354 Times in 9,237 Posts

Premium Member

But you say that about the tariffs because you believe that all we had to do was ask China to stop what they’re doing and play nice.

That’s not reality.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

4. The Following Member Likes This Post:

NDL

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by JUNGLE DRUMMER View Post
    Ya know, college isnt for everyone, and their is a shortage of SKILLED workers in all the trades. A trade school isnt a bad option for kids who dont want to go the leftist SJW brainwashing route. There is always going to be a need for the trades, and contrary to what is often said, it's notall low skill low paying jobs that only Mexicans are willing to do. Our society would collapse if everyone thought they only want to sit at a computer all day and work.

Up here, with the construction boom, it's also as easy to join the laborers or carpenters unions as just walking into any union hall and signing up. Being a journeyman carpenter who has worked jobs as a lead, a foreman, assistant superintendent, and superintendent has certainly benefitted me and my family. My first construction job was as a laborer making $8/hr. And, lo and behold, I'm WHITE!
    Check your privilege.

"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

6. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

04.23.19 @ 01:12 AM
    Liked 12,501 Times in 6,770 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Check your privilege.

I'm also a racist, even though some of the best friends I've ever had in my entire life including my right hand man at work, are Mexicans.

8. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

04.19.19 @ 05:52 PM
    Liked 492 Times in 303 Posts

Premium Member
    Last edited by BREW CREW; 02.10.19 at 04:55 PM.
    Just go for it!

10. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

'Show of force': 100 vehicles line one mile of Texas border to deter caravan on other side

by Anna Giaritelli | February 10, 2019

EAGLE PASS, TEXAS — The Trump administration has flooded the Texas border town that sits just over the river from the Mexican city where 1,800 caravan migrants arrived earlier this week with hundreds of law enforcement personnel.

More than 100 U.S. police vehicles lined a one-mile stretch of the Rio Grande River in Eagle Pass, Texas, Saturday afternoon. Sixty sat together in one section of the river on a local golf course.

The massive "show of force” — as Border Patrol is calling it — is meant to deter Central Americans from illegally entering the country, as large groups attempted in San Diego, Calif., last November and again on New Year’s Eve.

"To me, it’s like showing force. It would give a message to the immigrants that want to come illegally through Texas that Texas is always prepared and have a lot of manpower at the border — that they would go to another state," said Maverick County Sheriff Tom Schmerber told the Washington Examiner.

Dozens of pickup trucks, SUVs, and cars belonging to Customs and Border Protection, Border Patrol, and state troopers within the Texas Department of Public Safety were lined up on the edge of the Eagle Pass Golf Course.

Schmerber said 500 Department of Public Safety personnel have been moved to Eagle Pass. That figure does not include the Border Patrol that came from other regions of the state.

Military troops, including active-duty, National Guard, and Texas State Guard, were also spotted on the golf course. An additional 250 are expected to arrive in the coming days.

The Rio Grande River separates both countries there, and due to the landscape, portions of the border do not have a physical barrier, making it easier for people to try to enter the U.S.

A Texas highway patrol officer told the Washington Examiner no one had attempted to cross the river and illegally enter the U.S. from Mexico on Saturday as of 5 p.m. local time.

Last Monday, a group of nearly 2,000 people arrived on buses in Piedras Negras, Coahuila. The group has overwhelmingly remained in Mexico in the face of a surge of U.S. forces to the border.

Meanwhile, American, Mexican, and Central American officials are in talks about how to handle this new caravan, one of a few in the past year.

But for personnel already on the ground, sitting and waiting in their cars at the border, it's not clear when the action will start and when the surge of staff will end.

Schmerber said the length of the deployments will depend on whether caravan members try to illegally enter the U.S. or not and that law enforcement does not have any idea when they will be able to go home.

"We don't have a date, number, a month or whatever," he said.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...-on-other-side

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 7,221 Times in 3,593 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    There are always costs at the individual level. Even healthy economies need business failures. If that’s the standard, we’d never make any progress.

Immigrants also create demand. They need housing, transportation, food, etc., and they have discretionary income. That increases the money flow in other areas. I’m not immune to the micro effects, but we can’t just completely ignore the macro effects.

I have a student. His mom lost her job so he got one in an industry that makes steel tubes. Started off at 6 days a week. Now it’s three days due to the effects of steel tariffs. He’s a citizen.

Whatever we’re doing with steel, it also comes at the “expense of native citizens,” in his case cutting income by half. Why is that okay when it’s being done under bullshit “emergency” powers enacted by POTUS?

As far as half the wage goes, if an employer can get the same productivity at half the labor cost, he does it. That conservatives suddenly think employers’ should voluntarily pay double what something’s worth is nuts to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You’ve also got to consider the big picture here. I know it has to suck being cut down to 3 days but in the long term our president seems it the best strategy to win a trade war. If it turn out to be bunk in the long run then that’s on him. That’s why when shit like this happens I try to figure out why someone is doing it, I.e trump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic & Summer Nights
    Last Online

04.20.19 @ 08:42 PM
    Liked 252 Times in 136 Posts

WASHINGTON - President Donald Trump gave his strongest indication yet Friday that he will soon declare a state of emergency, bypassing the need for congressional approval to fund a controversial US-Mexico border wall.

Trump hinted in remarks at a White House meeting on cross-border trafficking that a declaration -- which would further heat the political temperature around the issue -- could even come in his State of the Union speech to Congress next Tuesday.

"Well, I’m saying listen closely to the State of the Union, I think you’ll find it very exciting," Trump said.

"I’m certainly thinking about it," he said of declaring the emergency. "I think there’s a good chance we’ll have to do that."

https://news.abs-cbn.com/overseas/02...ency-on-border
    "...We've been in this bizarre, VH inflicted musical purgatory for years, just begging for a sign of life. Yet, instead of acknowledging the obvious, we get pictures of this freakin' dog falling asleep.." - Japeape

"I don't think he owes us, and I think few if any do. What we would like is for him to release music, since he is our favorite musician. It's a wish and a hope, not a critique." - Dave's Dreidel

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

04.23.19 @ 09:43 AM
    Liked 4,263 Times in 2,568 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    But you say that about the tariffs because you believe that all we had to do was ask China to stop what they’re doing and play nice.

That’s not reality.
    But it has been reality. Trump is either ignorant on the issue or lying. "Playing nice," engaging in freer tactics, whatever you want to call it, has actually resulted in massive movement from China on trade, including a reduction of the average tariff by over 90% since the early 1990s.

I agree, and most do, that intellectual property rights are an issue. The President may want to ignore, but he does so at our peril, that we have an 86% success rate at the WTO. And when the Obama administration brought a similar complaint over green energy subsidies, China lost and voluntarily eliminated the subsidies we brought to the WTO's attention.

We also have an IPR agreement and, in 2007, brought a complaint against them to the WTO, won, and China eliminated those particular practices. Current practices should also fall under the same agreement. In contrast, what we are doing now, if there is no agreement, could be brought to the WTO by China and we would likely lose. What Trump is trying has been successful less than half of the time, but those cases are almost always against a country that has a high reliance on our market, which isn't China. Retaliatory tariffs like Trump is threatening if no deal have only worked 17% of the time. Contrast that with our 86% success rate at the WTO, including an IPR case 12 years ago.

So we're ignoring what has worked and engaging in tactics that haven't, the former of which also results in hurting our own people, like soybean farmers and industries that use steel.
    Last edited by lovemachine97(Version 2); 02.11.19 at 08:37 AM.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Trump's approval rating among likely voters soars to his best in 23 MONTHS at 52 per cent after State of the Union address as border-wall shutdown talks intensify

11 February 2019

Rasmussen Reports poll as Trump at 52 per cent approval, his best showing in 23 months and a higher number than his winning edge in 2016

Significant up-swing since government-shutdown low of 43 per cent

New numbers were collected in the three days immediately following State of the Union address

Asked what Monday's number mean, a senior Democratic House aide confided on background: 'I don't know yet if it's horrible, but it sure isn't good'

Polling average is just 42.4 per cent, including mostly those surveys that are open to all Americans; Rasmussen polls only 'likely voters'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...S-52-cent.html

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

04.23.19 @ 09:58 AM
    Liked 938 Times in 579 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

These dumbasses won't stop attacking anything.

‘No doctor can predict the future': Obama health official slams President Trump's latest medical results as a 'disgrace'

President Trump underwent a four-hour physical examination on Friday

White House doctor Sean Conley said Trump is in 'in very good health'

Said he is expected to 'remain so for the duration of his Presidency, and beyond'

Ron Klain, former US Ebola 'czar' slammed the results of the health exam

Called it a 'disgrace' and said 'no doctor can predict someone’s future health'

Last year, President Trump was put in a diet and told to lose 10 to 15 pounds

One of his White House spokesmen admitted he hasn't always followed it

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...l-results.html
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Thumbs up

Trump Heads to El Paso amid Stalled Wall Negotiations, Texas Lawmakers Propose State Wall Funding

10 Feb 2019

Two Texas statehouse members will soon introduce legislation funding President Donald Trump’s planned border wall along the U.S. border with Mexico — specifically the Texas border — Breitbart News has learned.

State Reps. Kyle Biedermann and Briscoe Cain intend to introduce legislation soon that would fund $2.5 billion of wall construction along the Texas border with Mexico, appropriating it from the economic stabilization fund for the state fiscal year ending August 31, 2019. The funds would be used, Biedermann tells Breitbart News, “to design, test, construct, and install physical barriers, roads, and technology along the international land border between the State of Texas and Mexico to prevent illegal crossings in all areas.”

Preference for the contracts and awarding of bids, Biedermann added, “for all phases of construction” would be given to Texans and Texas-owned entities.

While this idea is still novel and untested, given the fact that Republicans control the Texas statehouse and Texas state Senate and Texas’ governor Greg Abbott is a strong ally of President Trump’s, this type of plan could actually work in legally acquiring appropriations for a significant portion of what Trump intends to do along the border.

The plan comes as President Trump heads to El Paso, Texas, on Monday evening for a campaign rally in the border town where former Rep. Robert Francis “Beto” O’Rourke (D-TX) — the failed 2018 Democrat Senate candidate in Texas, who also is considering a potential 2020 presidential bid — is holding a counter-rally.

It also comes as negotiators on Capitol Hill in Washington, just five days before Friday’s deadline, have reportedly reached an impasse in negotiations over funding for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and other government agencies totaling about a quarter of the federal government. Just a few weeks ago, the longest government shutdown in U.S. history — which started at the end of last year and dragged into this year lasting more than a month — ended after Trump agreed to reopen the government for three weeks to allow negotiators in Congress to attempt to reach a deal.

But the Democrat-controlled House of Representatives, run by Speaker Nancy Pelosi, is dead set against funding his wall in full, and Democrats and Republicans on the hill have not been able to reach an agreeable dollar number over this nearly completed three-week period. The government will shut down again Friday night if no agreement is reached.

Trump used his State of the Union Address last week to make the case for the wall, and he has also used an Oval Office address and the full bully pulpit power of the presidency to fight for extra border security measures including additional physical barriers. Part of the reason why he is heading to El Paso on Monday is to showcase how the border city has seen a decrease in unlawful crossings from Mexico since a barrier was built there.

Trump is expected to make the case for improving and repairing existing walls or barriers along the border and building new barriers wherever they are needed.

If Congress refuses President Trump’s request for a wall and does not provide funding for it, Trump can use other methods — like declaring a national emergency or turning to the states like Texas for help with an idea like Biedermann’s and Cain’s forthcoming plan — to get the wall built.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-wall-funding/

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

04.23.19 @ 05:39 AM
    Liked 1,251 Times in 712 Posts

Premium Member

Once more. Tariffs are a tax on end consumers. That's you and me, mostly. If you support new taxes on you and me, then bully for tariffs.

TK

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

9th Circuit Sides With Trump On Environmental Waivers For Border Wall

2:44 PM 02/11/2019

The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals ruled for the Trump administration Monday in a case challenging its use of waivers to bypass environmental regulations in constructing parts of the border wall.

The state of California and several environmental groups sued President Donald Trump and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in September 2017 to stop construction of a border wall prototype and ongoing repairs to 14 miles of an existing barrier in San Diego. (RELATED: DHS Sued For Not Assessing The Environmental Cost Of Mass Immigration)

“Under the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996 (IIRIRA), the Secretary of the DHS has long had the authority ‘to install additional physical barriers and roads … in the vicinity of the United States border,'” the 9th Circuit’s opinion states, quoting the IIRIRA.

The IIRIRA grants the secretary of the DHS “the authority to waive all legal requirements” as is “‘necessary to ensure expeditious construction’ of those barriers and roads,” according to the 9th Circuit.

The 9th Circuit’s three-judge panel ruled 2-1 in favor of the federal government. The dissenting judge, Consuelo Callahan, wrote she supported the Trump administration’s argument, but thought the court lacked jurisdiction to review California’s appeal.

The DHS waived provisions of the National Environmental Policy Act and the Coastal Zone Management Act in 2017, expediting approval to begin construction of the border wall prototype and repairs.

The ruling is another legal victory for Trump in the case after U.S. District Judge Gonzalo Curiel ruled against California in February 2018. Curiel found “Congress delegated to its executive counterpart, the responsibility to construct border barriers as needed in areas of high illegal entry to detect and deter illegal entries.”

Trump accused Curiel of being biased against him in an earlier case involving Trump University. Curiel ruled against then-presidential candidate Trump on several points throughout the 2016.

“I think it has to do with perhaps the fact that I’m very, very strong on the border,” Trump told Fox News in February 2016. “Now, he is Hispanic, I believe. He is a very hostile judge to me.”

Trump eventually settled the case for $25 million.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/02/11/n...p-border-wall/

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

04.23.19 @ 09:13 AM
    Liked 3,520 Times in 1,740 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by pickslide View Post
    Once more. Tariffs are a tax on end consumers. That's you and me, mostly. If you support new taxes on you and me, then bully for tariffs.

TK
    If tariffs were the end game then I think everyone would universally hate them. However, Trump's position is that we need to place tariffs on China's goods in order to improve our negotiating power with the end game being freer trade than we had before.

The point of contention is largely around whether this was the right negotiating tactic. Frankly we didn't have much negotiating power without it. China was happy to continue to open up its markets and shake down American companies by requiring them to give up trade secrets, steal our IP, and keep large portions of their economy closed off due to the power of the state controlled businesses. All the while they are pouring imports into our economy, undercutting American companies by taking advantage of an unlevel playing field.

It would have been a lot easier if Trump (or Obama for that matter) could have just said "Hey China, stop being pricks" and it would correct itself, but the Chinese aren't that dumb.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

21. The Following Member Likes This Post: