Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 3273 of 3459 FirstFirst ... 227327733173322332633270327132723273327432753276328333233373 ... LastLast
Results 49,081 to 49,095 of 51879
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

01.26.20 @ 07:21 AM
    Liked 2,367 Times in 1,596 Posts

I don’t give a damn about Hunter Biden having a job in Ukraine

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Most of this is nonsense. IMO.

I don’t care about Hunter having a job there and I don’t care if we don’t give them foreign aid.

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 8,230 Times in 4,154 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    And he should be cruising to re-election, but he keeps doing stupid shit. If he loses his re-election bid, he has no one to blame but himself. Not the swamp, the establishment, the deep state or any other bullshit. He will have lost because of big mouth and some really stupid stunts.
    Couldn’t agree more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

01.25.20 @ 11:23 PM
    Liked 4,694 Times in 2,840 Posts

Default THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY

Quote Originally Posted by pickslide View Post
    No news source has ever been unbiased. None ever will be. But any news organization is responsible for reporting and verifying the facts in stories. Any semi-intelligent reader should be able to filter those facts from even the most biased source. But they typically don't bother. People look for "evidence" of what they already believe to be true, and that's all the effort they give. This sad fact paints the media into a corner because there is no market for scrupulously analyzed news. The incentive is to shout. To provide dopamine hits to a pre-programmed audience who doesn't want to be challenged. I say that not to excuse the media, whose job it is to rise above the din. I say it merely to point out that organizations respond to incentives. We get lousy reporting (from both sides) because we reward such coverage with views, clicks, comments, etc. We are getting the "news" we demand, sadly. And those of us who don't deliberately seek multiple viewpoints are worse than misinformed.

TK
    I think this the one area where I agree with the pessimists regarding social media. They are designed to feed you your bias. You can turn that off in Facebook, apparently, which perhaps we should be engaging in a campaign for people to do that.

Studies show higher education is an echo chamber. But that’s being flattened due to social media. Everything is an echo chamber.

Even search engines work this way. Google “Are dogs better than cats?” and you get results all about about how dogs are better than cats. Google “Are cats better than dogs?” and you get results all about how cats are better than dogs.

This is invasive enough that we should be teaching how to search without bias and how to social media without an echo chamber.

5. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

01.24.20 @ 01:42 PM
    Liked 1,341 Times in 752 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    I think this the one area where I agree with the pessimists regarding social media. They are designed to feed you your bias. You can turn that off in Facebook, apparently, which perhaps we should be engaging in a campaign for people to do that.

Studies show higher education is an echo chamber. But that’s being flattened due to social media. Everything is an echo chamber.

Even search engines work this way. Google “Are dogs better than cats?” and you get results all about about how dogs are better than cats. Google “Are cats better than dogs?” and you get results all about how cats are better than dogs.

This is invasive enough that we should be teaching how to search without bias and how to social media without an echo chamber.

I agree. Basically, if you want to even half know what's going on, you have to go out and find it. That being said, it is or course, super easy to do that nowadays. But it's obvious that the mass of people don't do this. They scroll through Facebook for a quick reinforcement of the beliefs they already have, tune into left/right media and banish any thoughts of curiosity that might enter their minds.

It's a horrible idea to get your information from television, or from social media. But it's becoming increasingly apparent that that's what most people are doing. Left or right, Drunk Uncles in the voting booths beget Drunk Uncles in DC.

TK

7. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Last Online

01.25.20 @ 10:58 PM
    Liked 1,132 Times in 610 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    And he should be cruising to re-election, but he keeps doing stupid shit. If he loses his re-election bid, he has no one to blame but himself. Not the swamp, the establishment, the deep state or any other bullshit. He will have lost because of big mouth and some really stupid stunts.
    Yeah, this is really the key thing. I 100% agree with those who say there's been a concerted effort to oust Trump since day one purely on political bias, but Trump has really made it incredibly easy for his enemies to amass a case on multiple fronts for if not impeachment proceedings, the very least smearing him in the public's eye for the upcoming election.

I think if he never posted on Twitter just for starters, public opinion would be wildly different then what it is today.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Funny that the Dems/media didn’t have any concern for the Covington kids the way they do this so called whistleblower...

10. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

01.26.20 @ 07:44 AM
    Liked 19,482 Times in 11,161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
    Funny that the Dems/media didn’t have any concern for the Covington kids the way they do this so called whistleblower...

Schiff’s Committee Published Name Of Alleged Whistleblower Last Week

NOVEMBER 10, 2019

Madeline Osburn

Last Wednesday, the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence (HPSCI), chaired by Democratic Rep. Adam Schiff, published the unredacted name of a man alleged to be the so-called whistleblower who helped launch impeachment proceedings against President Donald Trump.

During HPSCI testimony, William Taylor, the charge d’affairs of the U.S. Embassy in Kyiv, Ukraine, was asked by a staff lawyer on the committee whether the name Eric Ciaramella was familiar to him.

“Does a person by the name of Eric Ciaramella ring a bell for you?” asked Steve Castor, a committee staff counsel asked Taylor during a deposition on October 22.

“It doesn’t,” Taylor responded.

“So, to your knowledge, you never had any communications with somebody by that name?”

“Correct,” Taylor said.

The transcript of that exchange, which was not redacted, was published and publicly released by Schiff’s committee last Wednesday.

On October 30, Real Clear Investigations published a lengthy article alleging that Ciaramella was the official who filed a formal complaint against Trump on August 12.

“Ciaramella (pronounced char-a-MEL-ah) left his National Security Council posting in the White House’s West Wing in mid-2017 amid concerns about negative leaks to the media,” Real Clear Investigations reported in October. “He has since returned to CIA headquarters in Langley, Virginia.”

In September, The New York Times all but outed the alleged whistleblower, identifying him as a CIA employee and Ukraine expert who had been detailed to the White House by former Obama CIA director John Brennan.

When news of the whistleblower’s complaint first broke, Schiff demanded repeatedly that the anti-Trump bureaucrat should come forward and testify to his committee.

“We‘re in touch with counsel and look forward to the whistleblower’s testimony as soon as this week,” Schiff tweeted at the time.

Schiff and two other Democratic committee chairmen even issued a joint press release explaining why the anti-Trump complainant needed to testify to Congress.

“We need to speak with the whistleblower,” the top Democratic lawmakers wrote.

But when it was revealed that Schiff and his staff had secretly coordinated with the whistleblower and urged him to file a formal complaint against Trump, Schiff and his media allies immediately changed course, declaring it would be dangerous and unprecedented for the complainant to testify publicly. Schiff then flip-flopped and insisted that the anti-Trump complainant be hidden from scrutiny.

Prior to the revelation that Schiff and his staff had secretly worked with the anti-Trump complainant before he even filed a complaint against Trump, Schiff repeatedly denied any contact with the complainant. To date, he has not explained why he lied about his secret interactions with the complainant, nor has he detailed the full extent of his coordination with him.

Congressional Republicans have vowed to call the complainant as a witness in impeachment proceedings, but it is unclear whether he will be required to testify, as House Democrats passed rules requiring Schiff to approve all subpoenas and even questions asked of witnesses.

https://thefederalist.com/2019/11/10...wer-last-week/
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

12. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

01.25.20 @ 11:23 PM
    Liked 4,694 Times in 2,840 Posts

We live in a whacky time. “Secretly coordinated” = did what whistleblowers usually do, but okay.

Also, the guy asking the question wasn’t just a staff lawyer. He is the lead impeachment lawyer for House Republicans.

Democrats, in later depositions, accused Republicans of exactly what their lawyer was doing, trying to get the whistleblower’s name on the record as a backdoor outing.

So of course that’s the other side’s fault.

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

01.26.20 @ 01:16 AM
    Liked 2,602 Times in 1,371 Posts

Premium Member

Watching those impeachment hearings seems like torture. The state of politics today. Watching those lying shameless shitbags making a mockery of our constitution and nation, and doing it in plain sight of the American people. Shameless cunts. Yes, especially the Dems, by far. They're all so disgusting. Looking forward to this blowing up in their faces and watching them self-sabotoge this election and suffer another 4 years of the thing they hate the most.
    ☩ ☩ ☩

15. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Wruff_ajax View Post
    Watching those impeachment hearings seems like torture. The state of politics today. Watching those lying shameless shitbags making a mockery of our constitution and nation, and doing it in plain sight of the American people. Shameless cunts. Yes, especially the Dems, by far. They're all so disgusting. Looking forward to this blowing up in their faces and watching them self-sabotoge this election and suffer another 4 years of the thing they hate the most.

It’s so pathetic that it was actually reported to look out for Marie Yovanovitch putting on a tearful display.

Clown show
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Women donations for Trump surge, No. 1 in suburbs

“ Despite a crush of stories that suggest he is losing suburbs largely due to women deserting him, President Trump is seeing a surge in donations from women and is tops in receiving big checks from suburban women.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...ets&rid=192971

18. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

01.26.20 @ 07:13 AM
    Liked 5,239 Times in 2,367 Posts

Fascinating watching the flipping by Trumpers who are often constitutionalists yelling coup when impeachment is indeed the ultimate constitutional process. It is the enforcement mechanism for the legislative branch.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

@

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Darrin Stephens View Post
    Fascinating watching the flipping by Trumpers who are often constitutionalists yelling coup when impeachment is indeed the ultimate constitutional process. It is the enforcement mechanism for the legislative branch.

Precisely why the legislative branch has a sub par rating as well.

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

@

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Darrin Stephens View Post

And to make it even more interesting, I’ll be you any amount of money that nothing will happen. You won’t do it, for whatever reason or not, but if you are so confident and are so in the know, put up or shut up so to speak.