Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

03.02.12 @ 08:44 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just wondering if anyone saw dlr on his 99 tour. what were ur impressions? could he front a reunion and pull it off?

------------------
    Only adventures that I regret are the ones I missed - DLR

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

05.28.08 @ 07:33 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I saw Dave last year, and he is more than capable of pulling off a reunion. It was awesome!

------------------
    DLR Army webmaster

http://www.dlrarmy.com

Eruption
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

if he actually came anywhere near me i woulda saw him.
    he didnt even play in canada.

------------------
    *Might As Well Go For A Soda!* - Kim Mitchell '84

http://surf.to/atomicpunk

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yes, I also Dave's tour with Bad Company last year - the Washington DC show. He was great - voice was solid, high energy, very acrobatic on stage. If he keeps his voice in shape, there is not doubt he can carry a reunion tour with VH.

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member
    I saw DLR at POPS in STL. What a great show !

He was his usual self. His singing I thought was better than when I saw him on his
    Lil Aint Enough tour.

I left the show thinking how boring VH has become without him....

Ed, did you call Dave yet ?

THANKS !!!

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I saw Dave on the Bad Company tour, and it was amazingly good! He still had all the moves, his singing was BETTER than when he was with VH, and he even did the jumping splits! Those two things just shocked the hell out of me. A guy who's close to my Dad's age did the jumping splits in front of me, and Dave had really polished his live versions of the old VH material. Dave's been infamous for being sloppy live with the lyrics, but he was dead on during the '99 tour. The only song he seemed lazy on was "Yankee Rose". It really frustrates me, because Dave truly is at the top of his game right now, and that's not gonna last. And yet, here an entire year has gone by wasted, with Dave sidelined to wait for the nurses to snap Eddie's hip in place and wheel him on-stage.

------------------
    "Money GOOD! Napster BAD!" -James Hetfield

Sebastian Bach made the following comment on the Conan O'Brian show... on national television: "I got long hair for 2 reasons Conan, number 1 I get laid, and number 2 I get paid."
    Now lets all laugh together!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I saw Dave twice last year in St. Louis. The first time was as an opener for Bad Company. It was my first time seeing Dave live and I was elated but a bit sad. The arena was mostly empty and things just didn't seem quite right. Later he played at Pop's across the river so I decided to go see that show and compare. Now, I know some people have said the Pop's show was bad but let me tell you... I left that show with a huge damned smile on my face. Dave was dead-on perfect. His jumps didn't quite look like the old VH videos but his voice was great, he had the crowd on it's feet and I found myself wondering about a future VH w/Dave show. He is more than ready. I think he just needs to stay in constant practice with his voice. The change over last year's tour was noticeable.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I witnessed the mighty DLR last year at the Tweeter Center in Mansfield,Mass.

Dave fuckin' blew Bad company off the stage.
    When Dave did "Jump" and starting swinging his microphone pole like a ninja,the place just erupted!

I was fucking high off that show for a good week after i saw it.
    As a matter of fact ,I got ill after that concert because of the tremendous amount of energy i used screaming and jumping around like the drunken maniac I was.

I'm almost vafraid of what I'll do when I see the real VH!

------------------
    MightyVanHalen's Pictures http://www.geocities.com/mightyvanhalen/index.html

"No man is happy without a delusion of some kind. Delusions are as necessary to our happiness as realities." -Christian Nestell Bovee, American author (1820-1904).

Eruption
    Last Online

07.10.17 @ 09:12 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 10 Posts

DLR can still rock. His voice was in way better shape than on any of his recent recordings. I saw him in a dive in Lake Charles Louisiana. Couldn't hear for 3 days. One loud show. The high flying and acrobats are back.

------------------
    500 horses and a Chrysler mill, makes the Limecuda the king of the hill

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I saw Dave at the openning show in Winston Salem. There's a great story to my DLR concert experience that is kinda long, so I'll make it as short as possible.

I had won tickets to the show from a radio station. I got to go see Bad Company rehearse & have dinner with Bad Company the night before the show. All the guys in Bad Co. are great, down to earth guys. I took my wife and we had a great time.

Next day (day of the show) my job had me at one of the area hotels setting up for a conference in a ballroom. I got there 5-6 hours early for some setups. As I did this, the DLR Band came in and used the ballroom of the hotel for some last minute rehearsals. They were staying at this hotel! What luck.

Dave didnt come down much to my dimay, but I got to sit beside Bart Walsh and all the guys to watch them rehearse. Bart even sent my assistant into town to get a "distotion pedal" for his guitar! Since we met them and helped them out, they gave us back stage passes to Club Dave! That was cool too, but Dave was a no show to Club Dave after the concert! SUCKED, so close..no show.

As for Dave live: When Dave came out, the crowd was still coming in, around 10,000 in attendance. It was a subdued crowd, and the seats were not full infront of the stage. When Dave came on, there was a rush towards the stage! The fans that were there to see Dave jumped over seats to crowd the front row. I was right there in "high five" range with DLR!

Of all the concerts I've seen live with either DLR or VH with Dave, he did the best job of sticking the lyrics in time, not coming in 2 beats late like he used to do so much in the past. I saw him for Filthy Mouth tour and he also did it close.

He's lost the signature scream. But we all have over 30. Steve Perry isnt singing like a bird anymore because he's older. But that doesnt mean he does not rock!

I stuck around to watch Bad Company because these guys had been so nice to me & my wife, but it seemed dead in the crowd after Dave.

Dave blew em away! High energy! Rocked!

Maybe he and Eddie will pull off something together soon.

Big D

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning!
    Favorite VH Song

So This Is Love?
    Last Online

12.13.13 @ 12:26 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've always liked it when Dave skips lyrics or changes lyrics, when on stage. Its like he's saying "who gives a shit?" Which seems to be his main philosophy.It is all part of his charm....I was very happy with the way looked on stage in 1999. He has the best interaction with the audience.

------------------
    I don't feel tardy.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

10.28.17 @ 04:27 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

I saw Dave open for Badco. He sounded good and put on a good show. I told my partner who went with me it sounds like the old Vh. We were both impressed by both Roth but also by the band. Dave forgot a set of lyrics to one song and hummed two or three lines but all in all the pipes were better than the last few years. I was disapointed that the 18,000 seat arena was less than half full and that half the people there could have cared less for Roth.The people that did like VH or Roth got a outstanding show.Hopefully the new Hagar cd and a new VH cd with Roth to follow at the beginning of the year will again get people talking about the VH music.

------------------
    UP FRONT FANATICS 10-13-00

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I saw Dave Live in '99. He opened for Bad Company. And he TOTALLY kicked their ass!. Played almost all VH songs, it was so awesome. His voice sounded great too. And the crowd loved him.

When he was done and Bad Co. was set to go on next, my buddy said to me: "What's the point in them coming on. They're never come close to topping THAT!. The show might as well be over."----------AND HE WAS RIGHT.

Shame Dave had to be the opener for such a cheesy band like Bad Co.

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls!
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 01:26 AM
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Mighty, I saw DLR at Great Weeds too! He was really good. Blew Bad Company off the stage... I got so bored with Bad Company me and my buddies left

-Bostonian

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Josephina
    Last Online

05.25.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bostonian:
    Mighty, I saw DLR at Great Weeds too! He was really good. Blew Bad Company off the stage... I got so bored with Bad Company me and my buddies left

-Bostonian
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ME TOO! I went with one of my buddies, and after Dave's set, we went out trying to get backstage. Bad Company just had nothing compared to DLR. We left like 4 songs into it.

Bostonian - You go to any of the Tweet shows this year? It was a pretty good summer for shows in Boston.

------------------
    "The thing that inspires me the most is my bottle of Jack Daniels. It's my best friend in the world. Ol' Jack will never let you down. He's always there when you need him" - Nikki Sixx, Hit Parader magazine 1986

[This message has been edited by EUX4Life (edited September 03, 2000 at 12:40 PM).]