Register
    Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

01.07.16 @ 05:41 PM
    Liked 66 Times in 29 Posts

Default NGD:The Custom Shop has arrived

She arrived yesterday afternoon in an original Peavey shipping box. As soon as I opened the case I knew this was definitely a special piece, it was stunning. Turns out this was one of the Peavey custom shop vault guitars(as written in the neck pocket) and was built in 2003 in leaksville before the shop moved to meridian.
    Holding it you can feel the quality,lol. Its just a great piece and its no wonder they used these pieces to showcase what the custom shop was capable of.
    It came with all paperwork,case candy and the build pictures disk! It is in unplayed condition as of right now, Ive probably put more play time on it the past day than it got in 12 years. I already restrung, set her up and she rips! Its almost a shame to put wear on an untouched Wolfgang neck lol

2. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Last Online

11.16.17 @ 07:07 PM
    Liked 212 Times in 103 Posts

Congratulations! That is a beautiful guitar! Enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Push comes to shove
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1,107 Times in 675 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Absolutely beautiful
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

A few of Daves, a few of Sams!
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 10:45 AM
    Liked 6,987 Times in 5,020 Posts

Premium Member

That really is a cool looking slab of art !
    Glad you're happy with it .

Not that it matters , but I'm partial to the black headstock with the wooden 'scoop' on Ed's Peavey guitars .
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - a very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Cant pick 1!
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 03:51 PM
    Liked 96 Times in 77 Posts

Stunning, congrats.

Last Online

12.17.17 @ 05:51 AM
    Liked 379 Times in 225 Posts

Congrats! Peavey Wolfgangs are great guitars. Yours must be that and more!

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

02.15.16 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Less Than One- That is a beauty of a CS model and I'll be damned but you have a knack for finding some really nice axes lol.Have you noticed any difference in the tone of the guitar? I have 2 CS Wolfs as well as 2 first year quilts amongst the Peavey Wolfs I own and the CS models have a noticeable difference and just sound better then the rest. "RRvh1" The matching headstocks on the CS guitars were a small upcharge and the cool thing about the little Peavey custom shop was that you could order whatever body or neck wood, hardware, or finish you wanted. No one knows these guitars better than Geoff Knapp who runs the site www.rockingrollweekend.com which is the most informative site on the first two sigs (but mainly the Peavey's) and must own over a 100 custom shop models, as well as being one of the nicest guys to talk gear with.I have always loved the Peavey Wolfs and it is strange how much they are appreciated these days, but I don't buy into the bull shit story anymore of how during the first year of production Curly Maple spiked in price which is why 85% of the quilt tops on the 1st year quilts are brutal and with the exception of a few, compared to an EBMM top=laughable. Which is why they switched over to Flame tops as Ed-cough-cough wanted to keep the cost down. Well looking at LessThanOnes CS quilt top or any quilt top on Geoffs site of which there are over 100 they are on par with anyone. But again congrats on a nice find!

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

it sounds and plays better than any Wolfgang Ive owned thus far including the previous 2 custom shop wolfs I owned. And I'll probably get flamed a bit here but the EVH Stealth just fails(for me anyways because everyone has their preference) against the Peavey. I like my stealth at this point as a leave out guitar but it might end up going to make room for another custom shop.
    RRvh1, Ive always preferred matching headstocks on guitars ala the EBMM. The first few prototypes of the Wolf had matching headstocks but I assume Peavey went the black route as a time/money saver to keep up with mass production of the Wolfgang.
    Heres a short clip of my sub level playing I made this afternoon dicking around with iMovie lol
    Last edited by lessthanone; 05.17.15 at 06:14 PM.

10. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

A few of Daves, a few of Sams!
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 10:45 AM
    Liked 6,987 Times in 5,020 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by lessthanone View Post
    it sounds and plays better than any Wolfgang Ive owned thus far including the previous 2 custom shop wolfs I owned. And I'll probably get flamed a bit here but the EVH Stealth just fails(for me anyways because everyone has their preference) against the Peavey. I like my stealth at this point as a leave out guitar but it might end up going to make room for another custom shop.
    RRvh1, Ive always preferred matching headstocks on guitars ala the EBMM. The first few prototypes of the Wolf had matching headstocks but I assume Peavey went the black route as a time/money saver to keep up with mass production of the Wolfgang.
    Heres a short clip of my sub level playing I made this afternoon dicking around with iMovie lol
    She sounds as good as she looks !
    Very well done . What are you running through, amp wise ? DTNA sounded really crisp .

Loved the Runaround snippets . Right on , man .
    Cheers

**Edit**
    The EBMM's are my favorite EVH guitar hands down . Love the matching headstocks , don't get me wrong .
    I just always preferred the black ones on my Peavey Wolf guitars .
    Last edited by RRvh1; 05.17.15 at 06:35 PM.
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - a very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Eruption
    Last Online

06.30.17 @ 01:26 AM
    Liked 131 Times in 74 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lessthanone View Post
    you know what, the peaveys are great. great pick up for you and enjoy

13. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by RRvh1 View Post
    She sounds as good as she looks !
    Very well done . What are you running through, amp wise ? DTNA sounded really crisp .

Loved the Runaround snippets . Right on , man .
    Cheers

**Edit**
    The EBMM's are my favorite EVH guitar hands down . Love the matching headstocks , don't get me wrong .
    I just always preferred the black ones on my Peavey Wolf guitars .
    Thanks man, Thats a new patch Im working on with my Axe FX II using the Cornford Amp model. After watching this clip again I realized it might have been a little too crisp and dry so Ive tweaked it a bit more. It never ends on the Axe Fx lol