Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

Depends on the Day of the Week
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, D.O.A., TYWH
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 02:23 AM
    Liked 1,323 Times in 795 Posts

Default Baltimore Charges against Police = Duke Lacrosse case all over again

Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke (D) declared the charges brought against six police officers in the death of Freddie Gray “George Zimmerman and the Duke Lacrosse case all over again” and said “these cops are political prisoners,” offered up as human sacrifices, thrown like red meat to an angry mob (in Baltimore).”

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/...ll-over-again/

~~8 U.S.C. § 1182(f)~~

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 09:17 AM
    Liked 6,815 Times in 3,564 Posts

Premium Member

Just declare them not guilty right now. Save everyone the bullshit trial and let the fresh riots get under way and over with. They could already be cleaning up and rebuilding.

3. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

Depends on the Day of the Week
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, D.O.A., TYWH
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 02:23 AM
    Liked 1,323 Times in 795 Posts

The Kentucky Derby was today.

Next big race in the Triple Crown series is the Preakness, to be held in just 2 weeks at Pimlico Race Course, which happens to be in the City of Baltimore.

I wonder if this increased the pressure on the prosecutor, to make these arrests quickly and bring relative peace to Baltimore.

~~8 U.S.C. § 1182(f)~~

5. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 08:59 AM
    Liked 4,789 Times in 2,443 Posts

Premium Member

I don't know but this whole things smells like a turd sandwich.

It just seems to be a rush job just to placate the masses. Not saying the cops are not guilty but its like how the government reacted to The Interview Hack. "Oh fuck lets just blame it on North Korea."

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 09:15 AM
    Liked 2,206 Times in 1,111 Posts

Premium Member

Charging people with murder is a pretty serious charge. I would hope that the prosecutor wasn't swayed by public opinion but rather the facts of the case. However, her politicization of the press conference was troubling and leads me to believe the facts may not have been the most important part of her decision.

I hope I'm wrong.

If these guys deserved to be charged with murder and actually did something terrible than I'm all for sending them to jail. Right now though this has the scent of a witch hunt to quell the outrage from the locals.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 06:54 AM
    Liked 1,961 Times in 984 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post
    Charging people with murder is a pretty serious charge. I would hope that the prosecutor wasn't swayed by public opinion but rather the facts of the case. However, her politicization of the press conference was troubling and leads me to believe the facts may not have been the most important part of her decision.

I hope I'm wrong.

If these guys deserved to be charged with murder and actually did something terrible than I'm all for sending them to jail. Right now though this has the scent of a witch hunt to quell the outrage from the locals.
    I hope so too. IF it turns out they just charged these officers to quell the rioting public, then I hope every single police officer in Baltimore walks off the job.

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 11:21 PM
    Liked 3,107 Times in 1,819 Posts

Premium Member

I look at it this way. If a policeman forces me into a car at gunpoint and doesn't strap me in when I am unable to do that myself and then gets into an accident that is not his fault--the cop is still responsible for my well being. So if I fly through the windshield and die, that cop is responsible, even if the accident isn't their fault. Not saying it's murder, but the cop should be liable for those choices.

In this case, at least what I have gathered, these cops had 10 days to get their stories straight (cops bill of rights and all). For whatever reason, none of them testified to the actual second stop that the van made at North Fremont Ave. and Mosher St. It was between the first stop and this stop that Gray received his fatal blow. After the first stop, his feet were shackled to and he was placed stomach down on the floor of the van and not harnessed in.

For whatever reason, the third stop--which the police said was their second stop was at Druid Hill Ave. and Dolphin St.

So what happened at or before the real second stop? Why did it take private security footage to know about it?

Hell, Dondi Johnson, Sr. was arrested for urinating in public and was rendered a quadriplegic after a ride in a Baltimore Police van. A jury awarded more than $7 million, but there's a cap that's well below that.

This may not have been a 'rough ride,' but they knew what they were doing not strapping him in.

Dondi Johnson is lucky to be alive, I guess.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 09:15 AM
    Liked 2,206 Times in 1,111 Posts

Premium Member

Under that scenario it's far closer to manslaughter or criminal negligence than 2nd degree murder. With 2nd degree murder you have to show that what they did should have a reasonable expectation of death associated with it. I don't think putting leg shackles on a guy and laying him on the floor could be associated with

1) an act intended to cause serious bodily harm, or
    2) a depraved indifference for human life

It's more like "you probably should have strapped him in even if he was spitting and biting" which is far closer to manslaughter since his death would be wholly unintentional.

Now, maybe there was something else that happened during those stops that the prosecutor is aware of that would make her think they intended on killing him, but she didn't seem to give any indication that she was sitting on damning evidence of that sort.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 02:08 PM
    Liked 794 Times in 430 Posts

Premium Member

Under that scenario it's far closer to manslaughter or criminal negligence than 2nd degree murder. With 2nd degree murder you have to show that what they did should have a reasonable expectation of death associated with it. I don't think putting leg shackles on a guy and laying him on the floor could be associated with

It's more like "you probably should have strapped him in even if he was spitting and biting" which is far closer to manslaughter since his death would be wholly unintentional.

Now, maybe there was something else that happened during those stops that the prosecutor is aware of that would make her think they intended on killing him, but she didn't seem to give any indication that she was sitting on damning evidence of that sort.
    Yeah, I don't know all the facts in this case, haven't been following it. But there is a pattern, generally speaking, of prosecutors overcharging defendants and losing cases because the harsher charge simply can't be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. The Rodney King case, the George Zimmerman case, Eric Garner, and so on and so on. It may not be a winnable case, given the charge.

TK

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 11:21 PM
    Liked 3,107 Times in 1,819 Posts

Premium Member

My guess is that they were trying to hurt him without it being a detectable 'rough ride.'

That said, the prosecutor surprised those on the investigative team by announcing charges before they were done. She said that the prosecutor's office was conducting a parallel investigation. I wonder what she has.

I agree that if you can't show intent, it's not murder. there's just such a history with this police department with rough rides. Tough to think this is just a coincidence.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 08:23 AM
    Liked 6,668 Times in 3,696 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    I look at it this way. If a policeman forces me into a car at gunpoint and doesn't strap me in when I am unable to do that myself and then gets into an accident that is not his fault--the cop is still responsible for my well being. So if I fly through the windshield and die, that cop is responsible, even if the accident isn't their fault. Not saying it's murder, but the cop should be liable for those choices.
    agreed.

14. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

simple rhyme
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 08:37 PM
    Liked 1,201 Times in 531 Posts

GET READY....
    WHAT IS UNDERSTOOD NEED NOT BE DISCUSSED

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

simple rhyme
    Last Online

The Baltimore Prosecutor is trying to turn the cops against one another. We will see what happens . Been a bad 10 days here in MY Charm City...

GET READY....
    WHAT IS UNDERSTOOD NEED NOT BE DISCUSSED

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Push comes to shove
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1,106 Times in 675 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by mikehunt5150 View Post
    The Baltimore Prosecutor is trying to turn the cops against one another. We will see what happens . Been a bad 10 days here in MY Charm City...

GET READY....
    Move or arm yourself
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

“A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.”

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

simple rhyme
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by evhintexas View Post
    Move or arm yourself
    Ohhh
    I am armed. ..

GET READY....