Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register

Thread: Check this out-

Last Online

10.29.15 @ 04:06 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 15 Posts

I used to be 'sean112' but lost all my details!

2. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Cant pick 1!
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 03:51 PM
    Liked 96 Times in 77 Posts

Very cool. One thing that flies under the radar is Ed's creative use of effects. Those flanging stabs are great and I don't hear many other players doing it.

Last Online

10.29.15 @ 04:06 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 15 Posts

Totally agree Monty- less is more! Too many players tend to over use which ends up be just a another gimmick!
    I used to be 'sean112' but lost all my details!

Last Online

12.10.17 @ 09:00 AM
    Liked 378 Times in 224 Posts

I didn't know the Phase 90 was on DDL? Oh, wait. It's not. Anyway...

Can't do classic VH without a MXR phase 90. Second pedal I ever bought right after a delay. It's a great pedal. The EVH version is even better. I love Ed's use of the flanger most. Just kicking it on here and there. Romeo Delight, Light Up The Sky. Awesome!

I wanted the flanger, but they were hard to find and expensive. Plus I didn't like the permanent power cord. When they reissued it in the late '90s I read a review that said it was a little louder with less hiss than the original. And used a regular modern type pedal power adapter. Be it 18v instead of 9v. I use awall wart from that first Ibanez delay. No one carried them. I had to special order the reissue flanger. My usual store didn't even know it was out. Think it was 1997. Still my favorite effect!

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

11.25.17 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 1,374 Times in 803 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AFU View Post
    I didn't know the Phase 90 was on DDL? Oh, wait. It's not. Anyway...

Can't do classic VH without a MXR phase 90. Second pedal I ever bought right after a delay. It's a great pedal. The EVH version is even better. I love Ed's use of the flanger most. Just kicking it on here and there. Romeo Delight, Light Up The Sky. Awesome!

I wanted the flanger, but they were hard to find and expensive. Plus I didn't like the permanent power cord. When they reissued it in the late '90s I read a review that said it was a little louder with less hiss than the original. And used a regular modern type pedal power adapter. Be it 18v instead of 9v. I use awall wart from that first Ibanez delay. No one carried them. I had to special order the reissue flanger. My usual store didn't even know it was out. Think it was 1997. Still my favorite effect!
    I hear you about the flanger. I have a vintage Morley Deluxe Flanger which essentially ripped off the original MXR.
    It's a great sounding effect, but yes...you always needed a power supply for them. Those suckers use lots of juice!
    Mine is 18v. and has the option of using two 9volt batteries, but there's no point. I'll use two Energizer, or Duracell batteries, and 20 mins. later they'll be pretty much toast.
    It' didn't matter if you had the effect engaged or not.....it was always running in the background. The design just switched internally over from on to bypass, and the LED would always indicate the sweep cycle by dimming cyclically with the sweep. It's cool though...Nice and gritty sounding like the MXR.

Only other pedal that went through batteries like that was my old Boss DD3 digital delay.
    Maybe get 20 mins. on a fresh battery, and the indicator would dim down to barely lit, then the pedal would fart out.
    Had to run an adapter.